• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
You got it right down to the very detail of them fighting mainly without Rex too. Kudos man.
I can't beleive I was very accurate on how they would be repped as well lol. I seem to have been wrong on their final smash for sure, and looking at my moveset i posted I don't think many of my moves were right, but I got the core right!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't beleive I was very accurate on how they would be repped as well lol. I seem to have been wrong on their final smash for sure, and looking at my moveset i posted I don't think many of my moves were right, but I got the core right!
Pyra's b moves are pretty close :)

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I can't be the only one surprised that you-know-who (is it okay to say her name here or are still on spoilers regarding that person) wasn't the final smash......am I?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't be the only one surprised that you-know-who (is it okay to say her name here or are still on spoilers regarding that person) wasn't the final smash......am I?
Guess they really didn't want to spoil this time.
Maybe it depends on what the designers wanted?

btw here's the bigger size render:
(click on it)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Congrats xenoblade fans
I am actually surprised about getting double characters and excited this fighter pack consist of 7 characters instead of 6 now
I never played xenonblade 2 but having this type of character switching is amazing I hope to see more of it in the future smash games

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
btw here's the bigger size render
Huh. Minimal censorship on Pyra (like those pantyhose really hide anything).
Oh the irony....unless....she's gonna be a Legendary spirit on the board. So, is saying her name here without spoiler boxes okay to do?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Pyra and Mythra can switch out between each other, similar to Zelda prior to Smash 4. That's cool! I would like to see more stance switch characters.

Maybe Fighters pass 2 will be all swordfighters except for Min-Min.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Huh. Minimal censorship on Pyra (like those pantyhose really hide anything).

Oh the irony....unless....she's gonna be a Legendary spirit on the board. So, is saying her name here without spoiler boxes okay to do?
I don't know about the spoiling honestly. I don't personally care but maybe others do?

here's another nuggy:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Pyra's b moves are pretty close :)
Huh you are right, just the position of the moves is slightly off

Maybe it depends on what the designers wanted?

btw here's the bigger size render:
(click on it)

I had this too, but smashboards refused to let me upload it lol would you guys like this as the top image of the thread, or the one I used?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Congratulations Pyra and Mythra supporters

I feel really bad for Rex for getting the Spring Man treatment, but i can see why they would want this instead. These girls have gotten the Wolverine Publicity, and it's clear they are preferred much more as characters in general, and after they went with Min Min instead of Spring, i guess doing this wasn't out of the question either.

This is probably the best character i have seen since Banjo, and that's a tall order. Im not sure if im going to buy them and main them (transformation characters were never my thing, so im likely gonna stick to just to playing Mythra solo assuming transformation is hopefully optional) so i hope these 2 characters are more basic with cool visual flair instead of being a mechanical nightmare.

This is just making me remember that i should get into Xenoblade.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Huh you are right, just the position of the moves is slightly off

I had this too, but smashboards refused to let me upload it lol would you guys like this as the top image of the thread, or the one I used?
I mean, it's a nice render so sure, if it works.
They reaally did good with their designs for smash :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This makes me wonder: what're they gonna use for their Fighter Spirits? I mean, Min Min used that ARMS Tourney Art, so I can't help but wonder: is there some obscure and separate Pyra & Mythra artwork they can use, or will they use that combined artwork?

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
This makes me wonder: what're they gonna use for their Fighter Spirits? I mean, Min Min used that ARMS Tourney Art, so I can't help but wonder: is there some obscure and separate Pyra & Mythra artwork they can use, or will they use that combined artwork?
They can make new artwork if they wanted.

A lot of Castlevania spirits use brand new Artwork not seen anywhere (Werewolf, Frankenstein's Monster, Carmilla, etc)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Certainly wasn't expecting that, but I'm hype to have Mythra without Rex, even if Pyra had to tag along.

Someone tag me when their separate HQ renders drop.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Certainly wasn't expecting that, but I'm hype to have Mythra without Rex, even if Pyra had to tag along.

Someone tag me when their separate HQ renders drop.
This was posted on an official twitter, its 1 image but the characters are separated except for 1 hand

Pyrs Mythra.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I don't know about the spoiling honestly. I don't personally care but maybe others do?

here's another nuggy:

Image result for rex xenoblade angry

When other taunt characters like Morgana and Slime (and even Mr. Saturn) get to be in the banner but you can't.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Probably like the best reveal trailer I’ve seen so far.

I’ve always been more interested in seeing Pyra/Mythra in Smash than Rex (no offense, really) so of course I’m really excited about this.

Now I have this sudden urge to replay Xenoblade 2 as a result.

Last edited:

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Is asking for Pneuma too much? That way, we basically get another Pokemon Trainer. Smash Bros. has never cared about spoilers.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Probably like the best reveal trailer I’ve seen so far.

I’ve always been more interested in seeing Pyra/Mythra in Smash than Rex (no offense, really) so of course I’m really excited about this.

Now I have this sudden urge to replay Xenoblade 2 as a result.
I loved the game, but rex really was the weakest character in it. I feel like that may have been intentional though.

and yeah, very tempted to finish and new game plus the game fully now

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I loved the game, but rex really was the weakest character in it. I feel like that may have been intentional though.

and yeah, very tempted to finish and new game plus the game fully now
He was alright but I never really cared about him.

And New Game + is the way to go for me too.

Top Bottom