• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
He was alright but I never really cared about him.

And New Game + is the way to go for me too.
I never got KOS-MOS, even after lots of farming, so going into New game plus to get the better T-ELOS(I ham a huge fan of dark tanned ladies), is something i am excited about

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's a question for those who plan to play them:
Will you play more Pyra, Mythra, or both equally? (or will playstyle be what matters most)

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I predict that Pyra/Mythra have the same regular moves, but have 2 differences. One is their special moves are different and second is how they move and strength. Pyra is slow but powerful, while Mythra is fast and weak.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Will you play more Pyra, Mythra, or both equally? (or will playstyle be what matters most)
Pyra for me. I'm all about dealing damage fast, that's why I play characters like Sephiroth and Ridley.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hard to say. I plan atm to try and use both equally

I predict that Pyra/Mythra have the same regular moves, but have 2 differences. One is their special moves are different and second is how they move and strength. Pyra is slow but powerful, while Mythra is fast and weak.
That was my guess when i made this thread way back in 2018. Watching the trailer though, its hard to say but I think some of their normals are different too. Need to see when Mewtwoking posts a video going into super detail

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mythra did seem faster. I hope that's the case, making them really have diversity. I'm not sure that's the case yet cuz we didn't see very much including of the normal attacks, but it'd be really cool

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
God, I still can't believe this pipe dream of mine came true. I was a Rex supporter but mostly because I wanted him to bring Pyra and Mythra with him. But Sakurai just straight-up cut out the middle man and gave us the superior characters.

****in' wild.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It'll be interesting to see how their attributes will play out. Mythra appears to be the speedier of the two, but I have a feeling that they'll both be lightweight fighters.
I dunno, they might not be light :p Well, maybe they'll be around Byleth's weight.

If Mythra is faster, I'll like that, and that could make me use her more... if I weren't bigger fan of Pyra. I'll probably end up using them pretty equally. We'll see :)

D

Deleted member

Did I hear Incoming in the trailer? Please tell me it’s in the game it’s one of the best songs in XC2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno, they might not be light :p Well, maybe they'll be around Byleth's weight.

If Mythra is faster, I'll like that, and that could make me use her more... if I weren't bigger fan of Pyra. I'll probably end up using them pretty equally. We'll see :)
I guess my reason for thinking that they'll be lightweight is mostly due to their potential offensive capabilities and how quickly they can transform. When you look at Sephiroth, he was made super light (lighter than even Meta Knight) to balance out the range of his sword, along with the super armor frames that the Winged Form gets when using smash attacks.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Never played Xenoblade 2 as its not my type of game HOWEVER I am happy they are included in Smash because it feels like an injustice has been righted with both them and Min-Mins inclusion. Also Im happy when any 1st party characters make it in as DLC. Ironically 1st party characters feel like underdogs at this point.

Happy for all you Pyra/Mythra fans and Im happy we will be getting more Xenoblade 2 music as even though I never played the game I have listened to a good portion of the soundtrack and just like the 1st game the music slaps! Hopefully they come with some Future Connected music as well. I look forward to adding Pyra and Mythra (assuming they both get amiibo) amiibos to my 1st party amiibo shelf. Granted with Byleth and Min Min releasing my shelf is running out of space.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm sure they'll both have their own advantages in battle to encourage switching between them but I'll most likely gravitate towards Mythra the most.

Because she's the best.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I guess my reason for thinking that they'll be lightweight is mostly due to their potential offensive capabilities and how quickly they can transform. When you look at Sephiroth, he was made super light (lighter than even Meta Knight) to balance out the range of his sword, along with the super armor frames that the Winged Form gets when using smash attacks.
Don't tell me you forgot that scene where Rex complains about how heavy Pyra is while sneaking into a compound. Though to be honest they'll probably be somewhere near the middle, their natural mobility doesn't seem overwhelming and they pointedly don't have a super mode. Even the changing, usefual as it is, doesn't seem to provide benefits so overwhelming that they both need to be extra frail for.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS supporter here, passing by to say... Congrats! I'm happy a fellow Xeno character (two, even!) made it into the game. I'll be sure to give them a shot, and perhaps finally get around to playing XC2, as it's one of the few Xeno games I've yet to beat. Rex's absence surprised me as much as anyone else, but at least he's there in some form. What'll be also cool is finally getting more XC music, looking forward to the presentation where they detail the content.

Speaking of, Mythra/Pyra facing off against Shulk was really cool. Loved they did that little tidbit in the trailer.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Re-watching the trailer multiple times only makes me more and more excited for the character to get released haha.

A mix of both, it'll heavily depend on the situation and which one would be more useful at which circumstances. Judging from the gameplay shown Mythra seems to be the faster character while Pyra is the stronger character, it'll be interesting to see what their full potential would be.

Blabacon

Smash Rookie
A mix of both, it'll heavily depend on the situation and which one would be more useful at which circumstances. Judging from the gameplay shown Mythra seems to be the faster character while Pyra is the stronger character, it'll be interesting to see what their full potential would be.
And unlike Zelda and Sheik in brawl and melee, they seem to switch quite fast so there's some good potential there.
EDIT: I also saw what looked like Mewtwo's blink dodge thingy during the animation. maybe some invicibility frames?

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I never expected or even wanted this.

They look amazing. I've actually been wishing for a "stance" type character for ages. Pokémon Trainer is more like 3 fully featured separate characters. This actually seems to be more of a... get new stats and moves when you swap, while keeping a relatively similar base (same-ish normals even?). I was actually slightly optimistic when I tried to figure out Byleth moveset when they were initially revealed but then dissapointed anyway when I realized they didn't work like this.

Honestly don't really like either Pyrra or Mythra that much even after enjoying Xeboblade 2 a decent amount, but I might actually consider maining them. They look really fun.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm gonna try to main them for sure. I'm sure they have lots of potential.

I wonder if there's anything to 'powering up with fire', or if that was just to show off that the smash had fire effects.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Play em both equally. I don’t prefer one over the other simply because they’re both great characters. I don’t care about playstyle.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
They look amazing. I've actually been wishing for a "stance" type character for ages. Pokémon Trainer is more like 3 fully featured separate characters. This actually seems to be more of a... get new stats and moves when you swap, while keeping a relatively similar base (same-ish normals even?). I was actually slightly optimistic when I tried to figure out Byleth moveset when they were initially revealed but then dissapointed anyway when I realized they didn't work like this.
Yo same!
I wanted a proper stance character for so long and my wish seems to have been fulfilled with this. Rather than changing the entire character, the switching between Pyra and Mythra still retains some moves like their normals and aerials. Albeit Mythra's attacks are faster while Pyra's are stronger. The real big changes are in their specials. Other than that their body shape is the same and the switch is much faster and fluid than Pokemon Trainer.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Congratuations my fellow Xeno supporters!

I’m so unbelievably happy that we not only got another Xeno rep, but the reps that I were rooting for. I personally enjoyed the thought of them being a stance-based character(s), granted I didn’t except them having the opposite roles... & Rex getting Chorm’d.

But anyway, I can’t wait for more info to come. I hope their DLC Pack is jam-packed!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've always been a fan of fast but weak characters, so I'll probably stick to playing Mythra most often (plus I just like Mythra a lot in general). I love rapid fire attacks that don't do much damage on their own, but the damage just racks up hella quick because of how many hits you're doing.

"It is not the single bee that kills, it is the swarm."

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed that Rex and Pyra shout "Flaming Sword!!" in perfect unison with each other in Smash?
They were off-synch in the original XC2, probably due to poor voice direction.

SMASH:
Rex: Flaming... Sword!!
Pyra: Flaming... Sword!!

XC2:
Rex: Flaming... Sword!!
Pyra: Flaming............ Sword!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom