• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I could be mistaken myself. All that I know is that at around 2:48 (on the video from the Smash Bros. website), Mythra's dash seemed fast, but how fast she can run is currently unknown. At 2:57, Mythra performed what looked to be her up special, and she fell rather quickly after finishing it. And at around 3:00, after Mythra jumped, her air speed looked rather good.

If Mythra truly is a fast-falling fighter, having good air speed would help to compensate for her presumed up special's limited horizontal distance.

Can't say a whole lot about Pyra right now, but I am a bit under the impression that her overall mobility will be slower than Mythra's overall mobility. But by how much is unclear; the speed difference doesn't look to be as massive as if you were to compare Zelda to Sheik.
Lemme take a look.

2:48 - It's hard to tell becuase of the zoom. She's on palutena's temple. I guess someone could take the time to analyze it properly XD But it feels like normal dash speed. Not slow, so that's good, and I don't know how Pyra's is compared to that.

2:57 - We don't really see her falling to the ground on the first one. I guess you mean fall speed? It wasn't really fast. Not a fast faller, but not floaty.

3:00 - It's not terrible, but it seems to be slightly below average side to me, but not bad. Chrom/Roy's air speed is some of the fastest in the game, it's definitely not like it.

For Pyra, you can look around 3:17, and we see her hop forward and backward, and it seems around the same decent speed to me.
It does seem like maybe Mythra falls a little faster than Pyra after tho, so maybe there is that small difference.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Teeb147 Teeb147 : I guess at this point, all that I can really do is wait until the next software update gets released. I'm able to acquire game dumps, which is how I was able to throw out the attribute values for Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Teeb147 Teeb147 : I guess at this point, all that I can really do is wait until the next software update gets released. I'm able to acquire game dumps, which is how I was able to throw out the attribute values for Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth.
o nice. Well.. once they're out we can get the feel for them ourselves too XD
Also if we see gameplay it'll be a bit easier to tell. I just hope they release earlier in march than later :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
o nice. Well.. once they're out we can get the feel for them ourselves too XD
Also if we see gameplay it'll be a bit easier to tell. I just hope they release earlier in march than later :p
Hopefully we'll get our answers soon. Sakurai did do a presentation on Sephiroth, and revealed his release date afterwards. Of course, Sephiroth was unique in that you could unlock him before the release date in the limited time Sephiroth Challenge game mode.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It may have not been Elma but they'll definitely do. I'm excited for them especially being it's more female representation and even better given it's a duo character!

Congrats on the supporters here!

Poor Rex though. First Spring Man, now him. They're pretty much the Chrom's of Ultimate. Maybe next game guys. xD

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I'm trying to think about the content for the eventual "Mr. Sakurai Presents "Pyra & Mythra"" presentation, and here's what I have so far:

• Sakurai opens up back in his house, saying that he's back inside thanks to the Japanese government issuing another State of Emergency.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 session, discussing both the game and Pyra & Mythra, while cracking a joke about the Rex Mii Costume.
  • Pyra/Mythra's Alts and Moveset shown. Also reveals Pyra/Mythra Kirby.
  • Azurda's Back stage revealed and broken down, and breaks down both background characters and stage mechanics.
  • Reveals extra difficulty level for World of Light, adds similar mechanics to Smashdown and bolsters Puppet Fighter power.
  • Mii Costumes shown:
** Mumkhar (Brawler)
** Malos (Swordfighter)
** Siren (Gunner)
** Lloyd (Returning Costume)
** Classic Marth (Swordfighter)
** Helltaker (Brawler, Comes with a remix of "Vitality")
  • Min Min and Sephiroth amiibo revealed, Sakurai goes behind his couch and pulls out a 4-pack of Minecraft amiibo.
  • Sakurai thanks the audience and says that the final two fighters will be revealed at E3 this year, rounding off the second Pass.

As for when we'll get one? Well, it's hard to say. The last two fighters have had presentations relatively in short order after their reveals, so I'd say they do it next week.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I dont want to do a full write up of my guesses of their moveset on my phone as its hard for me to type on it. However i am starting to lean towards the flame smashes for pyra and dodgr mechanic for mythra may not be tied to specials, but other mechanics. Down b for both is most likely transform, and may get a boost to landing lag if done in mid air.

As for specials, for pyra i feel that her B is flame nova that can be charged for greator effect. Up b is prominence revolt which may or not be able to cancle to down slam. Side b is blazing end where i think if she taps b at the right time she can stop the sword from returning and hover there, but i feel it prevents her from doing most attacks till she gets the sword again.

For mythra, her B is lightnimg buster, and she can charge it to power it up, side b is photon edge, and up b is ray of punishment or chroma dust. Its probably changed by a charge or button press i feel

Also wanted to share this. While i like seeing english reactions japanese reactions are also very fun to watch.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont want to do a full write up of my guesses of their moveset on my phone as its hard for me to type on it. However i am starting to lean towards the flame smashes for pyra and dodgr mechanic for mythra may not be tied to specials, but other mechanics. Down b for both is most likely transform, and may get a boost to landing lag if done in mid air.

As for specials, for pyra i feel that her B is flame nova that can be charged for greator effect. Up b is prominence revolt which may or not be able to cancle to down slam. Side b is blazing end where i think if she taps b at the right time she can stop the sword from returning and hover there, but i feel it prevents her from doing most attacks till she gets the sword again.

For mythra, her B is lightnimg buster, and she can charge it to power it up, side b is photon edge, and up b is ray of punishment or chroma dust. Its probably changed by a charge or button press i feel

Also wanted to share this. While i like seeing english reactions japanese reactions are also very fun to watch.

Those are my thoughts too, besides the counter move, but since they showed it only in the cinematic, it's definitely possible it works on its own in some way and activates from dodging. Like maybe a certain amount of attacks charges it up or something.
There's no way every dodge would slow down characters like it did, since that would be op on its own :p

Since nothing they showed fits for pyra's down b, I do think down b for transform makes sense.

I havent seen any japanese reactions yet, so i should watch that :)

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I would have wanted Elma, Reyn or Fiora, Rex himself...anyone! It seriously doesn't feel real to me that Xenoblade's representation is getting boosted now.

Congrats, guys!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sakurai: doesn't show off any of pyra and mythra's alts
Me:

DownrightDecisiveAzurevasesponge-max-1mb.gif

(big images under the cut and also one of the alts is Xenoblade 2 spoilers, be advised)

Blue Sky Pyra and Carbon Mythra
Blue Sky and Carbon.png

KOS-MOS Pyra and T-elos Mythra
KOS-MOS and T-elos.png

Lin Lee Koo Pyra and Elma Mythra
Lin and Elma.png

Mythra-Style Pyra and Pyra-Style Mythra
Myra and Pythra.png

Pneuma Pyra and Mythra
Pneuma.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
Me:

View attachment 303868

(big images under the cut and also one of the alts is Xenoblade 2 spoilers, be advised)

View attachment 303863

View attachment 303864

View attachment 303865

View attachment 303866

Pneuma Pyra and Mythra
View attachment 303867
Hot damn those are some good alts. Though part of me would swap kosmos and telos, but still looks great. How did you make these?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hot damn those are some good alts. Though part of me would swap kosmos and telos, but still looks great. How did you make these?
Did em all by hand in GIMP. Just selected the parts I wanted to recolor and then used the Colorize tool to change each part to the color I wanted.

Firox

Smash Master
Me:

View attachment 303868

View attachment 303863

View attachment 303864

View attachment 303865

View attachment 303866

Pneuma Pyra and Mythra
View attachment 303867
Dude, these are fire. I really hope the real alts are anywhere near this awesome. The KOS-MOS/T-elos combo is especially drool worthy.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Me:

View attachment 303868

View attachment 303863

View attachment 303864

View attachment 303865

View attachment 303866

Pneuma Pyra and Mythra
View attachment 303867
DAMN, you pulled these off swimmingly! I especially love the colors referencing XBX and Xenosaga, those're awesome!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Congrats, all. My go-to would have been Zeke, of course, but it's not like he was gonna get in anyway. This is truly a glorious day for Xenoblade fans everywhere!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Esam posted a short video and he listed the frame data they estimated from what they showed us, and it does seem Mythra is a bit faster for that.
Here's the vid:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, you guys think Pyra and Mythra will take up one voice spot in the voice sound test menu or two?

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, you guys think Pyra and Mythra will take up one voice spot in the voice sound test menu or two?
I am not sure if this is the same in Japanese but in english the same actor voices both Pyra and Mythra, Skye Bennett

So its possible they may share the same, but i feel it will be more likely 2 voice files. I think the voice file theory is dead though as that could be changed at any time

MattX20

Smash Hero
I am not sure if this is the same in Japanese but in english the same actor voices both Pyra and Mythra, Skye Bennett

So its possible they may share the same, but i feel it will be more likely 2 voice files. I think the voice file theory is dead though as that could be changed at any time
They're both voiced by Shino Shimoji in Japanese.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Coming from the Zelda Social to say...

I'M SO GOD DAMN HAPPY! These two may be the reason I go back to Smash. Having stopped playing it for a long while now and having moved onto anime fighters (Blazblue Cross Tag Battle and Central Fiction, Under Night and Guilty Gear Accent Core + R... All on Switch). I am looking forward to seeing how they fair in Sakurai's presentation next month. And hopefully we'll have a lot of people happy and accepting of Pyra & Mythra in Smash!

...Unless you're videogamedunkey in which case he'll be hating poor Pyra & Mythra for a looooong time. FeelsTragicProtagonistMan.

To celebrate, I bring some art I found on Pixiv. You are welcome.

1613680798515.png

1613680824704.png

Edit: One thing I always love to mention about Xenoblade 2 is that Zeke's Japanese VA also voices Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Coming from the Zelda Social to say...

I'M SO GOD DAMN HAPPY! These two may be the reason I go back to Smash. Having stopped playing it for a long while now and having moved onto anime fighters (Blazblue Cross Tag Battle and Central Fiction, Under Night and Guilty Gear Accent Core + R... All on Switch). I am looking forward to seeing how they fair in Sakurai's presentation next month. And hopefully we'll have a lot of people happy and accepting of Pyra & Mythra in Smash!

...Unless you're videogamedunkey in which case he'll be hating poor Pyra & Mythra for a looooong time. FeelsTragicProtagonistMan.

To celebrate, I bring some art I found on Pixiv. You are welcome.

Edit: One thing I always love to mention about Xenoblade 2 is that Zeke's Japanese VA also voices Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Welcome! I too have not played smash in awhile, but these 2? I am coming back and maining them hard for sure.

Now, this may be a bit mean to rex, but i laughed and wanted to share

There was a problem fetching the tweet

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So what Mii Costumes do you guys think we'll get here?

I'm personally thinking we'll get Malos as a swordfighter and Siren as a gunner at the least.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Me:

View attachment 303868

View attachment 303863

View attachment 303864

View attachment 303865

View attachment 303866

Pneuma Pyra and Mythra
View attachment 303867
It is odd. Min Min's color alts were revealed the day of her reveal. We got Steve and friends the day of his reveal. Sephiroth's alts hours after his reveal. But Pyra and Mythra's haven't had theirs revealed after over 24 hours. i'm starting to suspect she may actually be an alt costume for Pyra & Mythra. If she was just a simple color alt like the one you did, I don't think it would cause too much concern. To anyone that hasn't played Xenoblade 2 would remain ignorant to the color alts significance.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
If we wanna talk about japanese vas, Gramps/Azurda is voice by the guy that does Buggy the Clown from One Piece. Speaking of which they share a few other vas, Blackbeard's VA does Bana and I think the Big Mom one does the queen of Uraya iirc.

I'm personally thinking we'll get Malos as a swordfighter and Siren as a gunner at the least.
Zeke for sure, either Poppi or Morag if we get more than one from the game (Min Min only included Ninjara) and Kos-Mos if shes not off-limits. The rest will probably be unrelated. I think Jin and Malos will not get miis but will be the Legend spirits.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Elma, it feels like the current outcome for her at this stage.

On the unrelated front, I'm expecting Lloyd's to come back any day now...

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I think we'll get a KOS-MOS mii gunner costume. The character appeared in XC2 and Bamco already works in Smash. I feel like it's quite likely.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey so uh....just throwing this out there but....is the board for these two gonna be active or is everything gonna be regulated to the discord like it seems every single other character has done? reason I ask is cuz I find it always more organized and easier to keep track of anything when it's on the boards and not some discord. Be nice if any strategies, matchups, etc., for mythra/pyra was actually kept somewhere tidy and organized as opposed to the chaos I find in most other characters groups....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Those are my thoughts too, besides the counter move, but since they showed it only in the cinematic, it's definitely possible it works on its own in some way and activates from dodging. Like maybe a certain amount of attacks charges it up or something.
There's no way every dodge would slow down characters like it did, since that would be op on its own :p

Since nothing they showed fits for pyra's down b, I do think down b for transform makes sense.

I havent seen any japanese reactions yet, so i should watch that :)
In Xenoblade 2 gameplay Foresight, which actually just manifests as a silent evasion buff, activates when affinity is maxed, so I suppose enough successful attacks in Smash will do the same and have it then activate via well-timed dodges like Bayonetta's Bat Within. Pyra's Smash Flare powering up smashes will work similarly, it's already noted they don't require something like charging smashes for a while.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey so uh....just throwing this out there but....is the board for these two gonna be active or is everything gonna be regulated to the discord like it seems every single other character has done? reason I ask is cuz I find it always more organized and easier to keep track of anything when it's on the boards and not some discord. Be nice if any strategies, matchups, etc., for mythra/pyra was actually kept somewhere tidy and organized as opposed to the chaos I find in most other characters groups....
No clue here. I forgot there was a discord.

In Xenoblade 2 gameplay Foresight, which actually just manifests as a silent evasion buff, activates when affinity is maxed, so I suppose enough successful attacks in Smash will do the same and have it then activate via well-timed dodges like Bayonetta's Bat Within. Pyra's Smash Flare powering up smashes will work similarly, it's already noted they don't require something like charging smashes for a while.
Could be, it's the only thing that makes sense if down b is transform. I'm not sure the smash attacks actually power up tho. I don't think M2K's analysis is good, I think he mistook a tilt or dash attack and a b move for the 'powered up' versions he thought they were.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
No clue here. I forgot there was a discord.

Could be, it's the only thing that makes sense if down b is transform. I'm not sure the smash attacks actually power up tho. I don't think M2K's analysis is good, I think he mistook a tilt or dash attack and a b move for the 'powered up' versions he thought they were.
He makes loads of mistakes, he thought Octoslash was Sephiroth's side B even though he noticed that it started pointing up.

Top Bottom