• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I wanted more than what I already said. I was hoping that someone had something to add to the case than what I already complained about. Just having someone parrot what I said and make it into a vote (wagon) wasn't anything new, and I wanted to hear something I hadn't heard. A case I hadn't already made myself. I didn't need massive proof. It's Day 1. I just hoped something different would be said.

WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL

Is that a big enough wall or shall I go on? ;)
Donald Trump would be ashamed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wanted more than what I already said. I was hoping that someone had something to add to the case than what I already complained about. Just having someone parrot what I said and make it into a vote (wagon) wasn't anything new, and I wanted to hear something I hadn't heard. A case I hadn't already made myself. I didn't need massive proof. It's Day 1. I just hoped something different would be said.

WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL
WALL

Is that a big enough wall or shall I go on? ;)
Here is my wall.

Nah I got a better one I use,

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
^This is an example of what I would just lump together as one post in my counter, since it was obviously meant to be one post.

Triple posting by pointing in 3 different directions all with single sentences would still count as 3 posts. 3 different ideas. 3 different people targeted with questions or comments. 3 posts.

Just wanted to clarify that in case anyone is curious. (You're probably not. I just like being verbose and wasting your time making you read stuff like this... ;) )

Kantrip

Kantplay
Although I want Corps phoenix Corps phoenix to respond on the matter I do want to get it out there that I dislike Spak's response to my wagon. He's probably my biggest scumread at this point as I'm waffling on Gheb's intent for how he's pushing me and my Maven read is mostly a gut feel.

Dastrn Dastrn what would my town flip do to your Ryu read? Who would you look into more on a town flip from me?
Dastrn Dastrn I still want you to answer this but also tell me what my townflip would do to your Gheb read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You guys were both viewing the thread, Dastrn even posted since I asked that question.

Cmon guys, at least work with me a little bit. There's not much time.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - what parts of Gheb's case do you find particularly convincing in making me scum?
I didn't have an issue with you calling him out on his push on me, franking I found it to be incredibly weak as well.

However, you did call him out on his mechanical approach earlier. You had a heel turn which I frankly am very unclear an unsure why you changed on him so quickly.

It was with in under 10 posts if I recall.

I reread what Gheb/Ryker and Dastrn brought up when Gheb brought up his case and frankly I agree with him.

You said it wasn't about his mechanical approach but #289 in particular you are focusing on mechanical play even if part of the reasoning you use here includes his vote on me.

While I think the part Gheb says players not used to be read me as scum isn't really true, I would say that I kind of understand why Dastrn voted me despite me and others thinking it was nonsense.

You did call attention to that them heel turned on it fast. That I think has some weight to it.

to here you read him as town, frankly I felt like he should have been read as town from the beginning and gave you the benefit of the doubt since his push on me wasn't good, but he was making content and getting the game moving.

You still made attention to it how he grabbed for town points on this and his mechanical play but then flipped on it fast.

I am repeating myself a few times here, but this is all what I got when I look closer at the interactions.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Although I want Corps phoenix Corps phoenix to respond on the matter I do want to get it out there that I dislike Spak's response to my wagon. He's probably my biggest scumread at this point as I'm waffling on Gheb's intent for how he's pushing me and my Maven read is mostly a gut feel.

Dastrn Dastrn what would my town flip do to your Ryu read? Who would you look into more on a town flip from me?
I believe I responded and said how I feel about spak in my #410.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If my earlier post wasn't clear enough I am a PR.
Hmm. We have no idea how many modifications the Mafia made right? Since I'm innocent child, they made at least 1, but we have no way of verifying if they made two, making you PR.

As I understand it we are all just normal townies, and the only way we get PR is if the Mafia makes modifications, right?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I believe I responded and said how I feel about spak in my #410.
My bad I must have missed it.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - Can you please pull up a quote where I called mechanical play inherently scummy? Or anyone for that matter.

I made a side comment about him taking credit for getting us out of RVS (saying it left a bad taste in my mouth but recognizing it wasn't scummy) and I mentioned possible scum intent in being worried about liking posts (which I acknowledged could also just be TOWN Dastrn playing mechanically and looking at things like that). To my knowledge those are the ONLY things I cited as being negative against Dastrn besides his Ryu push, which was always my strongest and most legitimate point.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmm. We have no idea how many modifications the Mafia made right? Since I'm innocent child, they made at least 1, but we have no way of verifying if they made two, making you PR.

As I understand it we are all just normal townies, and the only way we get PR is if the Mafia makes modifications, right?
I did start as a townie and my role PM was changed, yes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't see any problem with Ryu's content being a lot of questions and non-stances considering there's not a lot of content in this game that warrants hard stances.

Vote: Dastrn

Mechanical play is one thing, but I really dislike how much time he spent on taking credit for getting the game out of RVS phase and then doing nothing but explaining mafia theory in horrendous walls.
Concern about liking posts having the potential to send private information isn't something town would worry about because mafia can send private information to each other all the time anyways. The fact that a very mechanical player was worried about a mechanical advantage from sending private information via likes suggests to me he is mafia worried that town might take advantage of likes to communicate with each other. Of course he could have voiced concerns in private with the mod about this and could just be worried about it in a mafia-theory fairness sense, too.
Bolded is where I got it from Kantrip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kantrip talk to me here, who else should I be looking at then.

I want to look at Spak and what he did to Gheb's wall right now, and will be doing shortly after I keep working on this paper but still that is the main thing he has done this game outside of off memory what he did with Ryker shortly when the game started.

There is Corps but I feel like more and more my read on the slot is wrong, mostly from better posts than earlier.

Spak is the only person that sticks out to me other than you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok. First, let's get this straight. No CCs a roleclaim unless it is a direct CC and the other guy isn't going to get lynched unless you do. There is no reason to give scum extra information for free in this game.

Secondly, can you PROVE your role? I haven't looked at the list yet. Give me a moment.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Unvote

I did start as a townie and my role PM was changed, yes.
No I meant "Is there any way we can find out if there are two PR's?". If the Mafia only made one modification, then there would only be one PR, right? So theoretically you (if you were scum) would know that there's only one PR and could claim anything you want, since nobody else could.

Agree with Ryker- How can we verify this? Do you expect us to just trust you? Or if we were to reread your posts, would we come to that conclusion?

This is very interesting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok. First, let's get this straight. No CCs a roleclaim unless it is a direct CC and the other guy isn't going to get lynched unless you do. There is no reason to give scum extra information for free in this game.

Secondly, can you PROVE your role? I haven't looked at the list yet. Give me a moment.
It's these ones

Goon Cop - Investigates 1 player per night and gets the results of "Goon" or "Not Goon"
Tracker - Investigates 1 player per night and gets the result of "Targeted X" or "Targeted No One" [NB: Ninja Track gets the secondary result]
Jailer - Targets 1 player per night; upon successful target, protects the player from Night Kill and roleblocks the player.
Adrenaline Vigilante - Shoots 1 player; upon successful mafia kill, gains another shot
Innocent Child - Alignment of the player is announced at the start of the Day 1
Bodyguard - Targets 1 player per night; should the target be shot during the night, the bodyguard will intercept the shot and die instead.
Restless Spirit - Upon this player's death, he or she will reanimate for one additional Day Phase. The player will retain the capability to vote in thread but their presence will not count towards majority (i.e., if 7 players alive+ghost, majority would still be 4 votes rather than 5 required for 8 alive). The player may also post but only in images and he or she cannot quote the posts of other players. Should the mafia meet their win condition prior to reanimation, the game will still end.

These are the potenial mafia ones,

Turn Mafia Traitor into Recruited Mafia Goon
Turn Mafia Night Kill into Janitor on Even Nights
- On every even night, the mafia's night kill will hide the target's alignment and role upon successful shot. This information will be revealed to mafia privately upon shot and town publicly at the end of the following day phase.
Turn Mafia Goon into a Roleblocker - Targets 1 player per night. Upon successful target, that player cannot use his action during the night phase. Neither player nor Roleblocker are informed if their action succeeded.
Turn Mafia Goon into a Role Cop - Investigates 1 player per night and gets the result of "Player is X"
Turn Mafia Goon into a Ninja - Player is immune to tracks.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Town is guaranteed 2 PRs if mafia chooses 0.

If goes up depending on how many mafia gave town, so there is that to consider.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I see people saying Kantrip is confirmed mafia/PR but I'm not sure which sure you're all taking, which is more important.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure what Spak was thinking when he went ham on my case especially since I hadn't even responded to Kantrip's counter-argument at that point. Worth lynching him for? I'm not entirely against it I guess.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kantrip, help me here. Did you vote Ryker because he's inactive or because you think he's scum prod-dodging?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bolded is where I got it from Kantrip.
"Mechanical play is one thing" means that I was distinguishing it from what followed. What I said translates to
"Mechanical play is fine. However, <insert text here> is what I have a problem with."

Kantrip

Kantplay

I am one of Tracker, Goon Cop, Jailer, or Bodyguard. I will not claim which because if mafia has a roleblocker I want them guessing if they should target me or not.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Inactive. Wanted him to get in here.
So what are you doing right now? Ryker is not inactive anymore. If you want your own lynch to not happen you better get to convincing people to lynch somebody else right about now.

And personally I don't give a single **** about your claim but that's neither here nor there right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dastrn Dastrn

You've asked about what to do next depending on what Kantrip flips in case he's lynched. It may seem short-sighted and radical but I'm TOTALLY willing to knee-jerk lynch the living hell out of Spak in case Kantrip flips scum. It's honestly a pretty reasonable route to take if you ask me.

Alternatively, I'm down to lynch Spak first in case people are getting weak knees over Kantrip's PR claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only person fess-able and someone I would switch to is Spak at this point, still unsure if I would.

I need to reread Spak's response earlier.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dastrn Dastrn I still want you to answer this but also tell me what my townflip would do to your Gheb read.
Your townflip would slightly soften my read on RR. It would force a reread.
I don't have a strong read on Gheb right now. I think his case against you was reasonable, but I could certainly see it as opportunistic if you flip town. I'd reread him as well.

Good questions. I wish I had stronger answers to them, but the best I have is "I'd look into it" since RR was scum-lean in my eyes before you got involved, and your involvement didn't change that, and Gheb was and has been null for the most part, with some slight variation to one side or the other here and there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Dastrn Dastrn

You've asked about what to do next depending on what Kantrip flips in case he's lynched. It may seem short-sighted and radical but I'm TOTALLY willing to knee-jerk lynch the living hell out of Spak in case Kantrip flips scum. It's honestly a pretty reasonable route to take if you ask me.

Alternatively, I'm down to lynch Spak first in case people are getting weak knees over Kantrip's PR claim.

I don't know of anyone getting weak knees. Personally, I want to think about it a little. If he is telling the truth, then it would be a real shame if he were to get lynched before any night actions. I don't think it's as inconsequential as you make it sound. It's at least worth considering.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
To get inactives to post or for Spak/Maven. Ryu was not a problem at the time, in fact he was one of the most proactive players.
RR had seven posts at that time. He wasn't remotely one of the most proactive players. He was what I've heard others being called "actively inactive" during that time. He has since stepped it up, but only after a case was made against him for it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just got home from school and I'm reading up.
I add Gheb/Spak there because I think one of them is Mafia but not the other, especially telling that Spak went out of his way to fully drop a post like thay. Sole impression of Kantrip so far is that "reads too far into things" and I don't believe his behavior of reading too far into Dastrn's meta is scummy, especially when I did it myself. The notion of Spak defending his partner (Kantrip) in the way he did is unfathomable to me and I have overall not liked Spak even if I came to his side before and didn't see why he was being voted earlier. My reasoning back then being he was caught in a RVS situation and him responding anyway where people were treating it RVS would just be determined null, but there's a lack of initiative on his end and it boggles my mind that someone can again - respond like he was writing a case about a case that didn't even mention him. Sole impression of him is that he likes to cover all his bases which I do not like because it looks like he doesn't want to slip up so he tries to preach to the choir; If Dastrn had an evil twin it would be Spak.

in this case of where I see TSYK: "Noobtown" is an umbrella statement. If you look at the times TSYK has taken the time to actually act upon his questioning and need to fit himself between everyone you would see that there is 0 times. I don't think this is townie behavior.
My reasoning for walling on Gheb's post is that everybody seemed to be like "yeah, I guess Kantrip looks scummy because of the arguments stated here" and nobody was actually looking at it with a town!Kantrip lens. If I were scum, I probably would have gone with thread sentiment (which would have made my life a lot easier) and go on with my life, but I wanted to show how someone could see town intent in Kantrip's posting. I don't know how unskilled of a player you think I am, but I find it hard to believe that someone would wall that much to defend a scummate.
Vote: TSYK

I have content now? :colorful:
Let me tell you a little story about TSYK.

In Gheb's JR, RadicalRat decided to post a read on TSYK:
YOU'VE JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! See, I intentionally set that up to make it SEEM like claiming to be a noob would be the right call there for your innocence... In reality, we have no way to determine what experience you may or may not have outside of the SmashBoards.

In addition, some people are just naturally able to use that sort of clever noob smokescreen with your bandwagoning.

That said, you are clearly new to the SmashBoards, if nothing else, and you've not offered many thoughts of your own, which would make sense if you're an uncertain noob, mildly confused by what's going on here. I feel like if he were a noob in a Scum team, his Scum Buddy/Buddies would be feeding him stuff to say in here.

All things considered, I'm going to CAUTIOUSLY lean Town.
Everything was fine and dandy until in response to the town lean, TSYK responded confidently with:
So sure about that?
Everyone was flabbergasted that anybody would say something like that, TSYK went MIA, and it turns out that in the end, he was town. This slot is a complete shot in the dark; because of his previous activity as acting like scum even though he was town, his slot is really hard to read.

Top Bottom