• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
His post that I referenced in my 2nd post there "regarding the blue..." was the phrase "I expect more". Which, if you'll notice, is nowhere present in the post you just linked.

BUT

It IS present here:

He needs to convince 6 people you're scum. Or at the very least, convince 6 people that there isn't a better lynch target and that we're running out of time. I could easily fall into the latter, but would expect a hell of a lot more from someone who plans on the group following him for the former.

I'm not ready to switch my vote. I expect more.
Timeline:

12:57 or so: I start typing #356
12:59: Gheb posts #354
1:01: I hit post, which posts #356, which was ninjad by #354.
1:02: Kantrip actually posts the words "ninja'd hardcore" in #357
Ninja'd hardcore.

Gheb is saying multiple times that I tried to pin Dastrn's mechanical approach as scummy. I know for a fact that I never did this, his playstyle is null and I have been treating it as such.

I complained about walls of mafia theory because they're an eyesore and that's about it. Past that Gheb doesn't have a case.
1:11: I post #358:

Post 354 is what we needed to see. My only problem with this case is it's primarily a piggyback case of things I've already said, and I was hoping you'd have more to bring to the table than just repeating what I've said. I don't disagree with you, but I want more.

We need more people chiming in on this case.

Specifically, I would like feedback from Maven89 Maven89 , #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker , and #HBC | J #HBC | J
If that doesn't clear this up for good, I don't know what will.

It's late enough for me, I'm going to bed. I won't be back online tonight.

Vote: Kantrip

Still haven't seen a vote count, so I don't know if this is L-1 or L-2 at this point. I'm a little confused.

Don't let this day end in a no lynch, ya'll. Let's get this done right and get on to Day 2 with some info to work with.

Maven89

Smash Master
No, because Gheb's question is asking if you're serious about the "more" part after his push. You did ask for more after his push. I feel you're playing with semantics if you're going to point out that he quoted the "more" from an earlier post, why does that matter when you asked for it again, unless you're trying to dodge on a technicality? I wasn't aware they were from separate posts though, so I guess that's not technically a lie. It's a hell of a dodge, though.

You still haven't given a framework for what this "more" could possibly be.

I'm sorry if this seems nitpicking or tunneling, but with me wasting most of hte day I'm trying to squeeze whatever I can out of it before Kantrip dies

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 1.3

1. #HBC | Ryker: Spak > Corps > Spak > Kantrip
2. Corps Phoenix: Dastrn > TSYK > Spak
3. The Man from Delamar: Slick > Spak
4. Maven89: Slick > Ryker > Dastrn
5. ASC | Red Ryu: Spak > Ryker > Kantrip
6. Gheb_01: Ryker > The Man > Kantrip
7. Kantrip: Dastrn > Ryker > Spak
8. Spak: Ryker >
9. #HBC | J: The Man
10. ThatSmasherYouKnow: Kantrip
11. Dastrn: Spak > Ruy >
12. SlickWylde: Dastrn > Kantrip > Kantrip

Not voting: Spak, Dastrn

Count
Kantrip (5): Gheb, Ryker, TSYK, Ruy, Slick
Spak (3): The Man, Kantrip, Corps
The Man (1): J
Dastrn (1): Maven​

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry guys, I got sucked into the Daytona 500 Can-Am Duels. I've read up and still have Kantrip as a weak scum lean (and I really don't want a NL), so I came in to do this:

Vote: Kantrip

Should be L-1 now. One more to hammer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry today is a very busy day before the weekend though I have been making a post a day.

I will say this though. Sparky just hammered Kanty #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry because Dastrn voted him in the last post. Soooooooo yeah, that's happened.

Sucks I can't give an untainted opinion before the flip because I am not 100% read up.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Well by the looks of it, Laundry missed Dastrn voting, and Spak try'na put 'em at L-1 actually lynched 'em.

Here's to hopin' he's scum and not one of them PR's.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry today is a very busy day before the weekend though I have been making a post a day.

I will say this though. Sparky just hammered Kanty #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry because Dastrn voted him in the last post. Soooooooo yeah, that's happened.

Sucks I can't give an untainted opinion before the flip because I am not 100% read up.
Oh, sorry. I was just going off of Laundry's vote count...

#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry Request to extend twilight to midnight due to miscommunication.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Nice ninja there J.

Apologies for not followin' up earlier by the way. I actually fell asleep at my laptop and my client called me and woke me up five minutes after I was supposed to meet with 'em. I guess that's what catching up on work plus virtually no sleep'll do to ya.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

How about you give me what you have regardless? I really don't like the note you're ending this day on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 1.4 (Final)

1. #HBC | Ryker: Spak > Corps > Spak > Kantrip
2. Corps Phoenix: Dastrn > TSYK > Spak
3. The Man from Delamar: Slick > Spak
4. Maven89: Slick > Ryker > Dastrn
5. ASC | Red Ryu: Spak > Ryker > Kantrip
6. Gheb_01: Ryker > The Man > Kantrip
7. Kantrip: Dastrn > Ryker > Spak
8. Spak: Ryker > Kantrip
9. #HBC | J: The Man
10. ThatSmasherYouKnow: Kantrip
11. Dastrn: Spak > Ruy > Kantrip
12. SlickWylde: Dastrn > Kantrip > Kantrip

Not voting: N/A

Count
Kantrip (7): Gheb, Ryker, TSYK, Ruy, Slick, Dastrn, Spak
Spak (3): The Man, Kantrip, Corps
The Man (1): J
Dastrn (1): Maven​

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I know it's a rather bum note, but honestly I didn't have a strong scum-read at the end of the day. I did not think I would have ended up wanting a Kanty push and was actually looking more at trying to find someone else. (If he flips scum I'm putting my foot very far into my mouth here, but rather be honest than not) Plus busy J is busy, but not clogging the thread with that.

I still think Maven's slot bugs me and will bug me even more on a KantyTown flip if that is what happens. I would also be looking at Ghebbers with more scrutiny. There is a post Gheb made where he seemed to genuinely be trying to read Kanty which does make me pause on his slot so research will be done, on a scum-flip I'll take that GhebTown read and move along swiftly to finding out Kanty's partners. Sparky is someone I really need to re-read because he has been back and forth in my mind where some things I am like "Okay, that makes sense from a town PoV" where others just bring me to a halt and I am like "...am I sure though?"

Delly is still a nobody and needs to do anything at this point. You're decentish but nothing you've done is alignment telling and rather null of what I expect of you miunus the fact that you helped push the Kanty wagon now that I am thinking about it. I'd probably look more in detail to how you entered the Kanty wagon and exactly what route you took to acquire that lynch.

RR/Corps are still my stronger town reads. Dastrn to a lesser extant and then farther down would be TSYK because I do err on the side of believing him to have more good intentions with not the best wording rather than malintent and then we have clear Slick.

That's my end of day reads and going off gut I think Kanty was telling the truth about being a PR so if he does flip Town PR, I am looking at the names I listed, but if he flips scum then this post is null and void and I will be looking at other avenues. Strangely though, I do not see myself changing my town reads that much and mainly just looking at who fits as partners to Kanty because I would believe a bus seemed more likely.

Deadline ended on a busy day for me, bad luck there. ToMorrow if I'm still around, I will have more info to go off of and be able to whip something up.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
"Y'all reached a conclusion pretty late, dindcha?"

A timer rang in the corner. The fools had laid their cards down mere seconds below. The faces and numbers stared at Twisted Fate as intently and blankly as he stared at them. After poring over their values, he stopped upon one poor soul, the only man without a pair to his name.

"Boot 'im."

Kantrip, Town Bodyguard, has been lynched!

N2 begins! Deadline is 2/20 at 11:59 PM EST or until I have received all possible night actions.​

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
"Why is your game two days late in opening, Laundry?"

Simple: I wanted to start the game on the schedule that I had intended but screwed up when I opened the game. I find that day phases work better on weekdays when people aren't at tourneys or screwing about with friends in their days off and night phases work better for the weekend as they require less attention. Ergo, I somewhat deliberately (somewhat not, sue me) delayed the night phase's end for hopefully a better overall game experience. D2 begins shortly.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
After a short reprieve that followed each round, Mr. Fate returned to the table. Eleven hands were left at the table, eleven piles of chips. The previous goon had already left--Twisted Fate preferred the term "forcefully removed" but the bartender insisted he had left of his own volition after the vandal had removed two potatoes from the kitchen. The game had barely begun and people were beginning to drop already. Just as he had finished surveying the table, the bartender approached and removed another set of chips and cards. Twisted Fate gave him an inquisitive look. The bartender gave the curt response of, "Caught cheating" and then continued about his business.

"Guess he wasn't so slick after all."

SlickWylde, Town Innocent Child has been killed!

Day 2 Begins. Deadline is February 26th at 11:59 PM EST. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 2.0

1. #HBC | Ryker:
2. Corps Phoenix:
3. The Man from Delamar:
4. Maven89:
5. ASC | Red Ryu:
6. Gheb_01:
7. Spak:
8. #HBC | J:
9. ThatSmasherYouKnow:
10. Dastrn:

Not voting: Ryker, Corps, The Man, Maven, Ruy, Gheb, Spak, J, TSYK, Dastrn

Count
-N/A-

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Busy most of the evening. I might not get much time to post tonight. Looking forward to toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Honestly was beginning to think this game was never going to open haha.

So I am taking my last post as what I remain currently since nothing change, I meant to add that I would have lynched Sparky instead of Kanty especially since I liked Kanty more than Sparky and Corps is one of my stronger town-reads. I am currently looking at one of Gheb or Ryker and since I think enough people want to look at Gheb in detail toDay, my target is going to be Ryker-chan. I also need content from Delly ASAP.

Vote: Ryker

Rawr.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The game is pretty split down the middle for me toDay. I am seeing it like this. (#'s don't really mean much)

People I will consider for lynch toDay

1. Ryker
  2. Gheb
  3. Delly
  4. Sparky
  5. Maven

People who I won't consider for lynch toDay

1. Corps
  2. RR
  3. TSYK
  4. Dastrn

And then there is myself. Pretty even.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I didn't see this game had opened yet.

I claim roleblocked.

Vote J why does it always come to this. I REALLY hate the note J ended the last day phase on. I think Kantrip was a fine lynch, but the way he failed to give me any indication where he was leaning prior to Kantrip already being dead. I didn't see any strong push towards NOT lynching Kantrip and if he didn't have anything worth pushing, I really dislike that he's willing to push me and Gheb over it now.

I really dislike Spak's hammer as well. He had more than enough time (40 minutesish?) to read Dastrn's vote.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I didn't see this game had opened yet.

I claim roleblocked.

Vote J why does it always come to this. I REALLY hate the note J ended the last day phase on. I think Kantrip was a fine lynch, but the way he failed to give me any indication where he was leaning prior to Kantrip already being dead. I didn't see any strong push towards NOT lynching Kantrip and if he didn't have anything worth pushing, I really dislike that he's willing to push me and Gheb over it now.

I really dislike Spak's hammer as well. He had more than enough time (40 minutesish?) to read Dastrn's vote.
You hate that I was busy and not here? I'm sorry bro, but that's not a valid answer nor concern of mine. You are acting like it is twisting your arm to vote me and saying "why does it always come to this" when it seemed more like yesterDay you were trying to set me up as a possible lynch on any flip yesterDay.

You are saying the fact that I didn't lynch Kanty is a reason for my lynch toDay? That's some pretty backwards logic and of course I have every right to be looking at you and Gheb under a microscope. You guys pushed Kanty and got his lynch when he was town and as players you both should know better than to push a town slot that hard towards a ML and it causes concern regardless of either of your alignment to be so vehement on a Kanty lynch, especially if the intel you seem to have achieve is that you think I am scum because again that makes you 0 for 2 in my book.

Backing up the fact that you said "I think Kanty was a fine lynch" is all but dandy except it was a bad lynch to start especially when he was crumbing PR and when he responded to people it actually looked towny, yet you did nothing to stop the lynch nor move it anywhere, but you actively chose to sit on your laurels and stand obstinant on the Kanty lynch in which it seems to have netted you any noteworthy information if it did not change any of your reads at all.

What about Sparky's hammer did you dislike? Let alone you seem to be thinking that Sparky maliciously lied and faked his "accidental" hammer with the way you worded this portion:

Ryker said:
He had more than enough time (40 minutesish?) to read Dastrn's vote.
What about me choosing to push you/Gheb is scummy? How is me not being on the Kanty wagon scummy especially when others were not on there was well? Does that mean anyone who didn't want Kanty lynched is more likely to be scum (mind you, apparently in this logic that would mean the whole scum-team was banking on getting town credit for Kanty's lynch)

You've been saying a whole lot of nothing this game and throwing out these words as if they are concrete. I sincerely hope you rectify your ways this game, otherwise, I will have no qualms about pushing the lynch in your direction especially if you want to start the phase the way you currently are with poppycock that looks more like you are OMGUS'ing me based on me choosing to vote you and push you.

This game needs a good kick in the rear and I feel your behind is the one that needs the biggest boot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't blame you for being busy. I think it is just as likely that you were ignoring the thread. The timing on your chiming in at the end of the day phase is extremely convenient to look good on a Kantrip flip without standing against it.

My issue with your direction today is that you quite obviously didn't care enough about stopping the Kantrip wagon. So it certainly wasn't a wrong enough decision that you should be up-in-arms about it now.

Order that scum list. I want to know where you stand.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The vote count was literally the post above mine and I saw Kantrip at L-2, so I voted. I'm sorry that I treated mod-confirmed info as truth.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I came from last day feeling that Gheb/Kantrip had one and that my direction was going to immediately be Gheb following but I find myself agreeing that Spak was and still is the most scummy involved with Kantrip's wagon, though Gheb's lack of humility strikes me as odd.

Vote: Spak

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
EBWOP: Not gheb, J*.

The vote count was literally the post above mine and I saw Kantrip at L-2, so I voted. I'm sorry that I treated mod-confirmed info as truth.
I think what matters here is the fact you hammered your own supposed town-read, let alone that claimed PR. I understand that time was running down but I can't understand how you make such an effort to defend him but then let him die. That blood is still on your hands. :smash:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think what matters here is the fact you hammered your own supposed town-read, let alone that claimed PR. I understand that time was running down but I can't understand how you make such an effort to defend him but then let him die. That blood is still on your hands. :smash:
If you look back at my reads, he was a scum lean at the end and throughout the latter half of the day. I wasn't trying to defend him, but I was playing devil's advocate to give an alternative perspective.

Top Bottom