• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dude, I fought you so hard on the Kary lynch.

I'm so mad I couldn't get PJB on that with me at the end.

And that JTB didn't show up for a hammer.

Urg.

Pretty psyched about landing J though.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sword, you really should have kept your mouth shut about Circus. Otherwise you played well throughout the entirety of the game.

I was going to just feign that I didn't know what to believe, lynch OS tomorrow, and then aim for Circus the next day. BLAH. Would have been a much better ending.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sword, you really should have kept your mouth shut about Circus. Otherwise you played well throughout the entirety of the game.

I was going to just feign that I didn't know what to believe, lynch OS tomorrow, and then aim for Circus the next day. BLAH. Would have been a much better ending.
I think Circus would have realized "oh wait this is stupid" looooooong before.

I have had fun but I am glad for this game to be DONE.

Hey Nabe we all agree :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Welp, guess I'm fine with a tri-win, assuming there's no other option left.
Unless you're a double voter or have a kill or something, nothing left unless two factions work together. Mafia and Shadow don't have nothin' to win on their own.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think Circus would have realized "oh wait this is stupid" looooooong before.

I have had fun but I am glad for this game to be DONE.

Hey Nabe we all agree :D
Nah, he even said he would have aimed for the win and was confident about it. I think myself and Sword could have pulled through with it though, but that's just gonna have to be one for the shelf for the time being.

GGs everyone.

I'll be butthurt if you guys are just trolling me and Sword :[

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I only had one regular kill and it was my only attempt at recruiting, had to use it on Kary. That's why I was so adamant on finding out if JTB or Kary was the mafia traitor, because Ryker said the traitor was bulletproof (he was told of Kary's existence). That's how I knew the "extra information" in my fake town role PM was accurate.

I would have immediately told Swords about the three-way tie condition and outed everything in a 3 man lylo anyway. This just speeds up the process and prevents an accidental effort to lynch me tomorrow and then town lynching you. Only way I can guarantee a win for my faction, don't care if other factions win too as long as I win. Not quite as sweet but necessity breeds what we do.

Swords, if you were in a 3 man lylo against me and Circus, who would you have chosen to win if things were laid out like this and you didn't know about the tie condition? I'm curious. XD
UHhhh, like I HAVE to choose between you two to win? So basically who I thought deserved it more?

Hmmmm.

That's a really good question! You played well this entire game, despite being "scum up **** creek without a paddle" as Circus put it. You're case against Chuckie was full of holes, but damn you just put so much heart and soul into that thing. I really have to respect
that.

You were obviously selling a bad product when you wanted us to no lynch Day 6. Like you were going door to door trying to sell a piece of dog**** fir $10. Anyone else would have just said "Yeah, this ain't gonna work," but like the professional you are, you did your job. You tried to sell that dog****, and you did it with passion.

I'm kinda curious if there was a better way for you to have done it OS.

Circus played hit or miss this game IMO. I think that his play prior to Day 5 was def scummy.

HOWEVER.

He played FANTASTIC on Day 5. Seriously. I went into the whole J vs. Circus thing convinced that J was town and Circus was scum, but I left in convinced that Circus was town. Everything he did Day 5 looked VERY genuine and not at all like a scummer.

soooooo, who do I pick?

I guess OS. Both OS and Circus had their moments of glory this game, but OS was just more "into it" overall IMO.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This should go without saying, but obviously if the game does go to the Night phase and ANYONE dies—me, Swords, or Bardull—OS has to be lynched by whoever is left, because it means that he has a standard Night Kill and is lying about the joint win possibility. I wouldn't put it past OS to try one final gambit like that.

Proud of my play this game. Was excited to dominate against all odds, but it was not to be.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I guess OS. Both OS and Circus had their moments of glory this game, but OS was just more "into it" overall IMO.
Really? But you would have had to endure Overswarm's "How I Beat You All" thing! I wouldn't have done that to you. Plus, I'm pretty much the only player in the whole game to have brought town a non-town lynch with J (OS and Kary executing my buddy Private doesn't count).

I still think I could have convinced you to pick me if the scenario were to actually play out. But I guess now we'll never know.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SD said:
I'm kinda curious if there was a better way for you to have done it OS.
Yeah, not have Kary as a partner. -__-;;

Circus said:
Really? But you would have had to endure Overswarm's "How I Beat You All" thing! I wouldn't have done that to you. Plus, I'm pretty much the only player in the whole game to have brought town a non-town lynch with J (OS and Kary executing my buddy Private doesn't count).
I like thos and so do other people! :B

Circus said:
This should go without saying, but obviously if the game does go to the Night phase and ANYONE dies—me, Swords, or Bardull—OS has to be lynched by whoever is left, because it means that he has a standard Night Kill and is lying about the joint win possibility. I wouldn't put it past OS to try one final gambit like that.
Fine by me.

Glad this game is doneeeeee

sorry PJB

again

#HBC | Dancer

Dude, I fought you so hard on the Kary lynch.

I'm so mad I couldn't get PJB on that with me at the end.

And that JTB didn't show up for a hammer.

Urg.

Pretty psyched about landing J though.
Curious as to why PJB didn't hammer Kary?

Did you guys not know for certain that OS changed alignments?

I thought about it, trying to bait out Circus playing the ignorance game. However, it took all but 5 seconds to realize that there was just a low probability that Circus would fall for that that it wasn't even worth doing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I thought about it, trying to bait out Circus playing the ignorance game. However, it took all but 5 seconds to realize that there was just a low probability that Circus would fall for that that it wasn't even worth doing.
Maybe. Guess we'll never really know for sure. Either way, the good news though is that we were able to trust each other in the end.

#HBC | Dancer

Best moments of the game for me:

-Being obvious town, as ALWAYS. :awesome:
-Being open-minded about J's slot.
-Having decent reads.

Worse moments:

-Letting go of Kary scum Day 5 for basically just one reaction out of him that I thought was townie.
-Not going after my scum reads hard enough.
-Being okay with the RR lynch.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Curious as to why PJB didn't hammer Kary?

Did you guys not know for certain that OS changed alignments?.
Yeah. Private and I were both suspicious of OS for most of the game (Labatt's flip got me paranoid, and I really started sweating it when OS started talking about needing to be the final survivor of our trio in the quicktopic, then even more so when he started pushing hard for not lynching Kary), but neither of us were certain. I only KNEW he was indy when I stalked him last Night. There were actually several moments over the last few Nights when I almost told PJB to poison OS just to be safe, but the repercussions could have been dire if I had been wrong, plus outting in our qt that I wanted OS poisoned could have just led to OS outing PJB and I sooner.

If I had been in charge of the poison myself, I might have just done it on N6 or N7.

:phone:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, and Swords revealing that someone had tried and failed to kill OS also rang an alarm, obviously.

Just sayin'.
That's assuming OS is already dead though, meaning the option of a joint win would be gone.

@J: sorry, buddy. Had to do it. But the game's not over yet, so wait a bit longer before you tear into me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah. Private and I were both suspicious of OS for most of the game (Labatt's flip got me paranoid, and I really started sweating it when OS started talking about needing to be the final survivor of our trio in the quicktopic, then even more so when he started pushing hard for not lynching Kary), but neither of us were certain. I only KNEW he was indy when I stalked him last Night. There were actually several moments over the last few Nights when I almost told PJB to poison OS just to be safe, but the repercussions could have been dire if I had been wrong, plus outting in our qt that I wanted OS poisoned could have just led to OS outing PJB and I sooner.

If I had been in charge of the poison myself, I might have just done it on N6 or N7.

You should have done what I did and communicate to PJB that you suspect Circus is potentially Indy via PM so the other guy wouldn't know about it.

#HBC | Dancer

Yeah man, whacky set ups are interesting, but I'll take a F11 over recruits any day. At least I don't have to worry about the potential for ties and set up WIFOM.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, Private contacted me to do just that after you contacted him, telling me he thought you were fishy. But I didn't feel comfortable with that because the rules said the all our communication needed to go in the QT. Which sucks in a set up with an alignment altering role, but makes some sense now that we know Kary could read the QT.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, and Swords revealing that someone had tried and failed to kill OS also rang an alarm, obviously.
Oh yeah, screw playing through the entire game with THAT on my head. Luckily I was the only living player that knew why La B died (automatically died N1) and no one could explain it even though Circus knew where the poison went.

Also, Kary was protecting me from poison. One of my potential strategies was to ask PJB to "Poison me toNight" and then to poison Circus the next Night while using our votes to keep him and Kary in the game and protecting myself, but I didn't think that'd end up working because I didn't think PJB would go through with both poisons, especially given that he could just attempt to poison Kary instead.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Since the game is over i just wanted to let you know that i shot brb and not le bateleur i shot potassium n1 okay thanks that's all

#HBC | ѕoup

It was probably Nabe. Can I see the mafia QT? I sent Nabe a readslist before I died just in case I came back. I had private as a scumread and I didn't trust OS for ****. I wanted him to get shot N1 but I went against it.

#HBC | ѕoup

When J went and revived potassium I knew he was scum :gova:

No there wasn't because of a revival factor

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Please die in a fire, OS. Failing that;

#1 learn to read my posts; case in point 'accusing Bardull of being mafia'

#2 appreciate that by recruiting me, you completely ****ed my chances of winning

#3 understand that on D6, there was literally NO way you could win if I died, and there was essentially no way to STOP me from dying. Lynch Kantrip? You mean the guy who has already flipped town? are you ****ING kidding me?

but why should I care? Keep stroking your ego ("I was the only person to know I was mafia from the beginning") and lying about my role and actions. If you don't want to play with me again, I'm fine with that. You more or less single-handedly make me want to quit mafia.

and town, for the love of god look at the waggons. Every single lynch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Please die in a fire, OS. Failing that;

#1 learn to read my posts; case in point 'accusing Bardull of being mafia'
Yawn. You can't even tie your own shoes together without putting yourself in a bad position. I lead two completely separate alignments to do what I wanted, when I wanted, for the entirety of the game.

Tako? Me.

Chuckie? Me again.

Red Ryu? That guy got lynched when I was called out as a Strongman with multiple people breathing down my neck, including you. And you missed, choke artist. I had to use a claim that didn't exist that involved me having a KILLING ROLE and I survived well past the initial lylo of the game even when I outright refused to give my flavor and complete role modifiers outright.

The game had essentially pegged me down with Night Actions into a corner that I couldn't possibly define as "pro-town" and I looked them in the eye and did it in spite of that.

Sworddancer said:
I'm more or less in the same boat with Bardull. OS claim lines up with everything really well. Its just . . . ****ing OS man. I hate letting this guy off the hook for a good claim.
And he ****ing did anyway.

PJB did all the initiating (he is a fantastic initiator, by the way) and I deflected suspicion off of me and you didn't even come in until Ryu was already L-3 and ready to hang himself.

J? That one's Circus' baby. He should put an extra long feather in his hat for that one; it was so close I was actually considering hard bussing Circus and just using PJB as my attack dog for the rest of the game, but Circus pulled through with style. I didn't really have much to do with the J lynch at all.

PJB? Again me.

Our poisons? Directed by me.

Circus' actions? Directed by me.

BRB? Directed by me.

YOU. Directed by me.

The only two things that occurred this game that I had any control over that weren't the direct result of my hand was Red Ryu and J, the former having PJB's fingerprints on the lynch and mine more on my deflection and J being Circus' amazing play. Post-game everyone here can read the quick topic and see mafia sitting in a sauna saying "Hmm, who should die tomorrow" and calling the lynch day after day after day.

Nothing that happened this game that mafia had any control over was random. This was actually my best scum team since being mafia with Sworddancer, to be honest. I'd be scum with PJB and Circus any day.

#2 appreciate that by recruiting me, you completely ****ed my chances of winning
No, you ****ed your chances of winning by being a child. You get recruited and someone says they found out you are MAFIA when you are INDEPENDENT and your immediate result is to claim BOTH instead of talking to me. In the quick topic you literally said you would rather lose this game than win and attempted to sabotage your own faction. I had to spend entire phases cleaning up your mess.

And on TOP of all of this you're going to win anyway because of, again, me. You're welcome. >:[

#3 understand that on D6, there was literally NO way you could win if I died, and there was essentially no way to STOP me from dying. Lynch Kantrip? You mean the guy who has already flipped town? are you ****ING kidding me?
Uh, yeah? Circus + PJB + Kary + Overswarm = 4 votes. We need a grand total of one. I lynched Chuckie on Day TWO with a completely fabricated case out of the AIR because I didn't want Vanderzant towards midgame. I can pull a single vote on Kantrip if my partner doesn't suddenly announce "I AM NOT TOWN" in thread at the start of the Day. The fact that no one but mafia suspected the Inquisitor faction to even still be around until you posted in ****ing yellow with the Shadow modifier didn't help either.

I mean really. Guy revived by flipped independent lovers who was a detective role that could have CAUGHT THE GUY WHO REVIVED HIM claims a MAFIA result on you when you are not mafia and you don't even think for a second that you might be able to somehow use that to your advantage. The guy was poisoned and we could have stalled and hoped for an indie flip, we could have pushed his lynch, we could have done any number of things. -_-;;

PJB poisoning Kantrip would have made it harder to convince him but I think I could have done it had it not been for your outburst.

but why should I care? Keep stroking your ego ("I was the only person to know I was mafia from the beginning") and lying about my role and actions. If you don't want to play with me again, I'm fine with that. You more or less single-handedly make me want to quit mafia.
Good. I had a nice discussion with Nabe about your play and you're actually going to result in a new "Play to Win" rule in my games, probably his too. You were about an inch from getting modkilled.

And I do have an ego, everyone does. I just use mine to my advantage because it helps. Half the stuff I did this game is a result of people interpreting Overswarm as a person, not my slot. Sworddancer not wanting to lynch me? Aided by the fact that he WANTED to lynch me because I was Overswarm but he's smart enough to know that's a dumb reason. Being able to take thread control for two phases in a row and get Tako and Chuckie lynched back to back without any danger of me getting lynched as a result? Again, the Overswarm persona that people know.

You have a problem with it? Don't care. I'll sleep soundly with my head being supported by my ego. Results don't lie. I'm good at being scum. You, however, are a liability.

and town, for the love of god look at the waggons. Every single lynch.
It's almost like someone was orchestrating them. :B

#HBC | Dancer

Not trying to take credit away from you OS, but a big part of why I didn't want to lynch you was because of the whole "either town or indie, most likely town with what I know" logic that I was operating off of.

Thanks for the compliments though.

Also was too slow picking up on OS claim. It was way too convenient and just didn't fit in with the town, but I didn't realize this until Day 6, two Days after he claimed. Me saying "the claim fits really well" without realizing that OS had all the time in the world to think of the claim was dull of me.

Now come on Nabe! Hurry up and finish this game.

And then your interview. >.>

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
OS, for the love of god, shut the **** up.

what the **** is the point in making a huge dumb post explaining how bad I am and how great you are if you're JUST GOING TO DEFLECT THE POINTS I MAKE?

Here, look. Let me try and explain this to you.
OS said:
YOU. Directed by me.
IF you were directing what I did
HOW COME you're *****ing about how badly I did?
MAYBE you're not so great at directing?
MAYBE your ****ing ego has something to do with me wanting to throw the game?

Talk to me when you're prepared to admit you're not all that great. Or i'm just going to ignore you, and you can sleep soundly as you continue to delude yourself.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
IF you were directing what I did
HOW COME you're *****ing about how badly I did?
Because the times you did poorly were exactly when you decided to go off script; it's pretty apparent looking in the quick topic. You even apologized after the first outburst.

MAYBE you're not so great at directing?
*looks at game results*
*reads mafia quick topic*

Must be pretty lucky.

MAYBE your ****ing ego has something to do with me wanting to throw the game?
Possibly, but that sounds more like your problem than mine. How shallow of a mind do you have to have to take actions that are a detriment to yourself simply out of spite? Like I said before, acted like a child.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not trying to take credit away from you OS, but a big part of why I didn't want to lynch you was because of the whole "either town or indie, most likely town with what I know" logic that I was operating off of.

Thanks for the compliments though.

Also was too slow picking up on OS claim. It was way too convenient and just didn't fit in with the town, but I didn't realize this until Day 6, two Days after he claimed. Me saying "the claim fits really well" without realizing that OS had all the time in the world to think of the claim was dull of me.

Now come on Nabe! Hurry up and finish this game.

And then your interview. >.>
Oh you played well. You were pretty much the only townie that did. July did okay and I can't really badmouth her because you really shone towards late game and July has a similar style, she just didn't have the time. Circus and PJB were stellar as well. No one else really held a candle throughout the game and were at most annoyances rather than threats.

Chuckie could have been a huge threat and I think mafia would have had a much harder time with an aggressive player that was also good. I originally suspected him of being indy and want to throw that out there to at the very least get a feeler for it, but then I got recruited and knew who the indy was so I just went full force after Chuckie. No reason to leave Chuckie alive and with a whopping 5 vote swing on my side I wasn't going to get lynched.

It's surprisingly easy to do whatever you want and not even have pressure when there's a solid chunk that just doesn't pressure you, making everyone else look like a loner. That got way harder as the player list shrunk though. :(

Bardull was too erratic and non-strategic with his actions to really be a threat. He saw Circus as scum, pushed Circus scum, didn't work because it wasn't the right time, got bored, moved on. One direction, all the time.

Still salty I got recruited, but I guess it's better than dying. I think Circus might have been able to eek out a win though.

Top Bottom