• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nah Sword, y'see, Kary is still Indy, because somehow, someway, BarDulL has this **** planned out. He's probably mafia rushing the indy lynch, but he's a one man army. And SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, Kary knows that PJB and BarDulL are scummates, but it's not because Kary is mafia, heaven's no.

-____________________________________________-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You can vote Kary again if you want. Going to hammer tonight after circus makes that one post he was talking about.

I wonder how OS is going to explain that one. :awesome:
Easy. I'm right, you're wrong.

Kary is indy. At least one of Bardull or Circus is mafia.

When I asked Bardull what his claim was I had another theory, but Bardull obviously wasn't going to budge. I might bring it up tomorrow, but game will be over after I shoot Bardull.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Easy. I'm right, you're wrong.

Kary is indy. At least one of Bardull or Circus is mafia.

When I asked Bardull what his claim was I had another theory, but Bardull obviously wasn't going to budge. I might bring it up tomorrow, but game will be over after I shoot Bardull.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Shoot me if you want OS, but then you will assuredly be lynched without remorse. That is literally the only way this game will end if you shoot me, and Town will probably lose if you're also Town, however if you're scum, all I can say at this point is GG. Like, that is literally all I can say, because you are so entrenched in this idea that Kary must be indy, and you've subsequently dug yourself so deep into a hole that there's basically no turning back for you. Your refusal to accept condemning night actions as evidence while spreading FUD is, without a doubt, your own undoing.

Like, it's absurd. You even have the nerve to blatantly disregard the fact that I can't have a scum mate if I'm mafia. If Circus or Sword was my scummate, I would have ended the game by now, as proven on the last page when Sword gave me the option to hammer Kary.

I feel like I'm trying to teach Calculus to a mentally handicapped student, no offense of course to the mentally handicapped, but this is beyond ridiculous. We're going to have a long talk post-game if you're Town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Like, it's absurd. You even have the nerve to blatantly disregard the fact that I can't have a scum mate if I'm mafia. If Circus or Sword was my scummate, I would have ended the game by now, as proven on the last page when Sword gave me the option to hammer Kary.
Just like how PJB would have hammered Kary if Kary was indy, right?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Here's a fun fact for you: PJB never hammered Kary. In all likelihood, PJB intentionally avoided posting in the thread before the end of d6 because forcing a no lynch is more anti-town than lynching off a role that technically poses no immediate threat to the mafia faction in the first place, not to mention that Kary could just as easily be used as fodder on d7 and secure the mafia another night kill in the event that Kary actually was Indy. There's also the strong possibility that PJB simply didn't want to lynch his partner, hence why he didn't vote yesterday and avoided the thread like it was the bubonic plague.

:phone:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I mean, OS, if I was rushing the lynch, why didn't I hammer Kary?

I'm thinking it may just be a better idea to lynch you first at this point, btw.

:phone:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Okay, post time. It's a wall, and it may require a lot of rereading and backtracking, as I'll be trying to connect a lot of dots and explain a lot of things in relatively simple ways, so get yourself something to eat or drink and put your critical thinking caps on.

Lessa go.

So, before I start dissecting everything I'm thinking, let me first establish what it is that I will be dissecting. Things that we can agree are pretty much established truths.

First, Kary has single-mindedly cast suspicion on OS for the vast majority of the game. Obsessively, really. Even when OS was hardly a topic of discussion, Kary would throw out some unkind words or a vote toward his slot (if I need to round up quotes for this, I will, but that seems like a waste of time because I don't foresee anyone countering me on this. Plus, why clutter the post?), before usually eventually succumbing to public opinion on a mislynch.

Second, Kary originally claimed (and now once again claims) to be not just an independent, but a player who has been recruited by the Inquisitor, as proven by the color he uses to highlight his name and the use of the word "shadow." Obviously taking Kary at his word on this is foolish, but it's worth noting what he's really claiming here, and the perspective it can put certain actions in. By his own words, he is not just indy; he is a recruited player.

Third, OS is a role with a Strongman characteristic. He did not elect to give us this information; it was revealed by Ranmaru, back when we can safely assume Ranmaru was still town (and even if not, at least not aligned with OS). In fact, Ranmaru was specifically given the words "strongman," "potential," and "persistence" to describe OS' role.

Fourth, OS was visited by a killer who failed to do his primary action on N1 (Swords, correct me on the Night if I'm wrong here. I believe you said N1). Based on what we know from flipped players, this must have been either Soup, the vigilante, or BRB, the Inquisitor. Technically, we don't know that it wasn't PJB, but that's unlikely given the deaths we saw on N2 (specifically, that there were a lot of them). It is unlikely that his poison was blocked, as there were three bodies that Night, and it would have specifically required OS to have been protected by Chuckie (I actually can't remember if this could potentially have happened. Swords, refresh me on what you saw happen to OS on that Night if you'd like).

Fifth, the Inquisitor died on N2, meaning that he had a maximum of two Night phases to be able to use his role. Some of you may already know where I'm going with this....

I have begun to believe that it is very possible that Kary is telling the truth about his claim—not just about being indy, but also about being a mafia traitor (or at the very least) mafia. He was the latter and is now the former. But here's the kicker—he's not alone! Overswarm was also recruited by the Inquisitor. And they were likely both initially mafia!

Did I just blow your mind?!

Okay, hold on. Before everyone starts accusing me of taking crazy pills, let me back up.

As previously established, Overswarm was targeted for a kill on N1, but it was blocked. So either Soup tried to kill him, which would have been harmless, or BRB tried to kill him, which would have immediately resulted in an IndyOS, regardless of what he had been before. Which do we think is more likely? Admittedly, this is speculation, but we're going to be needing to do a little bit of that....

Soup's incentive for targeting OS: Kills a player that many other players find difficult to read/intimidating, but could also potentially be quite a boon for town later if he's on our side. Seems awfully risky for a N1 kill. It is more likely that Soup would target an inactive or someone deemed worthless or detrimental. Kantrip would fit the former on D1, while Labatt fit the latter, so it's likely one of them actually took his bullet.

BRB's incentive for targeting OS: It's a win-win. He either successfully kills one of the sharper minds in the game (although OS' play this game has been notably terrible from a town perspective this game, but more on that later), and one that he doesn't get along with and would be annoying to deal with, or he recruits a player into his factions who is known primarily for how good he is at manipulation. Seems like an obvious first choice.

I say this puts the likelihood of OS being one of BRB's aspects (and being so for almost the entire game), at "very plausible." Not only does being scum explain all of the completely zany choices he has made and reads he has expressed, but him specifically being recruited to the Inquisitor's faction on N1 would also explain how Indy-hunting happy he got on D2, and how hard he fought for the idea of Chuckie being the Inquisitor in question (which I freely admit I bought hook, line and sinker at the time; the man can make a case out of sawdust...).

This also would explain why OS so readily believed Kary's claim of being indy, despite all of the information that was open to the rest of us at the time pointing to Kary being mafia. TownOS would be level-headed and say "yeah, you're scum, we're lynching you. I don't leave known scum alive." The OS we have in this game, however, said "Indy you say? Despite obvTown Swords claiming a mod confirmed mafia result on you, I'll allow it. We should look elsewhere, lads. And really, how obvTown is this Sworddancer fellow...?" OS knows Kary is truly indy because he himself is indy and aligned with Kary. In fact, if I am right to believe that OS began the game as mafia rather than town, then he may have directed BRB to target Kary in order to try to begin recruiting his old faction. That would be a pretty smart way of nullifying an outside threat, and would make OS's job easier by not having to play spy on too many sides at once.

OS knew Kary's claim on D6(?) wouldn't fly on its own, so he did his damnedest to give it wings. He openly advocated not for another lynch (as in, one other than Kary), but for a NO LYNCH, clearly indicating that he had no actual intention of doing what he claimed to think was best ("lynch mafia; they're the real threat!"), but to simply stall the lynch and hope he could keep Kary alive long enough to use his ability.

Which leads nicely into my next point. TownOS, without extra knowledge, would never have done something as stupid as vote PJB in lylo, halfway through the Day. Especially given the stink he gave over the prospect of Kary getting lynched. Yes, PJB was mafia, so that's neat—but TownOS would not have known this with any certainty! He would not have put a potential townie in danger like that, under the guise of "Oops! Forgot Kary claimed executioner! Lolz, my b my b." That's not how OS plays. His actions make much more sense if we assume that he and Kary are aligned, and planned to set up a believable scenario to execute PJB all day long.

This theory also puts the seemingly conflicting facts regarding PJB and Kary into a much clearer light. PJB was mafia. If Kary and OS were initially his scumbuddies, but were recruited by the Inquisitor on Nights 1 and 2, then that would explain why PJB would avoid hammering Kary, but Kary, with Overswarm's help, would actively choose to execute PJB once they got the chance to do so with just two votes. It's far too bold to be a bus. It seems more likely to me that they were trying to eliminate the final threat, the one mafia member they weren't able to recruit along with them. Simplify the game.

But that's not all. There is one other reason that I could see OS and Kary choosing to eliminate PJB that I don't think I've seen expressed yet, largely because it involves loose threads that many people (myself included) have not been interested in trying to make meet in a while. Allow me to revisit and try to shed some light.

Remember how OS is a Strongman role? This is objectively true, no faith required. He was forced to claim this several Days ago. At the time, I rather foolishly believed that it was most likely some answer to a Mafia Doctor or some other shenanigans, mostly because I found it so unlikely that the mafia would actually be equipped with a Strongman in this setup. And I was still drinking the OS koolaid. However, it becomes easier to digest if we examine the "potential" characteristic that Ranmaru found in him. Perhaps OS was not a role with the potential to become a Strongman upon our vigilante's death, as he claims. Perhaps he is a role with the potential to take over the mafia's kill if their first killing role (the Poisoner) falls, not as a new Poisoner, but as a much better killing role, a Strongman, allowing OS to kill players that were previously immune to everything but a lynch before. This would be a sensible trade off for losing a mafia member, especially one with a relatively weak method of killing. This would also explain OS' interest in finally getting PJB out of the way. Once PJB had nearly run his course and OS and Kary were finally able to off him without any help from town, OS set PJB up for the execution and told Kary to swing away. It probably took PJB as much by surprise as it did us.

The one flaw in this theory that I can see is that Swords was apparently told through Kantrip's ability that Kary is straight up mafia, rather than indy, and in order for my theory to be true, Kary would have had to have been indy ever since at least Night 2. The only explanation I can offer for this is that perhaps Kantrip's ability does not inform the players who "consult" him of the actual, current alignment of the player he targets, but of the alignment that the player has in his or her role PM. I will admit this involves me reaching a bit, as I know first hand that Nabe's way of relaying alignment in this way is no more or less detailed than "[player] is [alignment]." However, I do think it's a reasonable restriction for Kantrip's role to have, as opposed to a more *******y "Insane Detective" (which we should have seen him flip if that's really what he was). Plus, the alternative requires that Mafia Kary actually executed his mafia partner PJB, which would just be the craziest method of distancing I think I've ever seen.

If someone knows more about how Kantrip's role actually worked, please enlighten me. I don't remember him explaining it in much detail outside of "I'm kind of like a Cop, except X, Y, and Z" and I haven't had time to go back through the thread to check.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

I strongly believe that Kary and OS are aligned, and are the final two scum we are looking for. They are either both aspects of the Inquisitor, as I believe the play we've seen most likely suggests, or Swords' result on Kary is definitive, Kary is mafia, OS is his mafia mate, and they HARD bussed PJB. Regardless, the interplay between Kary and OS is too strong for me to ignore at this point. Kary has been transparently distancing himself from OS all game, which makes sense if they're mafia, and especially makes sense if they were mafia who almost immediately turned into a two-person indy team. OS has been beyond irrational about...well, lots of things this game. But most importantly, the lynching of Kary and the careless endangering of PJB (a player who was a scum lean at best for most of us before his flip).

Kary and OS are scum, and OS may have just gotten a role upgrade. For this reason, I'm almost tempted to go with Bardull and lynch OS instead of Kary toDay, but Kary is still the surer thing and his death is long overdue. Even if OS does have a new killing role, it's nothing we really need to worry about. If we lynch Kary and OS kills one of us, then that still puts him in lylo with two of us. I'm confident whoever is left will make the right decision.

Thanks for reading, you're beautiful.

Swords, Bro-dull, time to body these guys.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I guess I was actually wrong about you Bardull. Circus just revealed it and didn't even know it.

Now I still think your mafia Bardull, but I was wrong about there being two mafia. There are two indies, and it's Circus and Kary.

Vote: Kary

I can prove it too!

Remember when I unvoted Bardull and asked him what his claim was? After he revealed that he wasn't going to play ball with a question that he should be able to answer easily, I realized that with just mine and Sworddancer's vote we could accomplish this anyway BUT..

Okay, post time. It's a wall, and it may require a lot of rereading and backtracking, as I'll be trying to connect a lot of dots and explain a lot of things in relatively simple ways, so get yourself something to eat or drink and put your critical thinking caps on.

Lessa go.

So, before I start dissecting everything I'm thinking, let me first establish what it is that I will be dissecting. Things that we can agree are pretty much established truths.

First, Kary has single-mindedly cast suspicion on OS for the vast majority of the game. Obsessively, really. Even when OS was hardly a topic of discussion, Kary would throw out some unkind words or a vote toward his slot (if I need to round up quotes for this, I will, but that seems like a waste of time because I don't foresee anyone countering me on this. Plus, why clutter the post?), before usually eventually succumbing to public opinion on a mislynch.
Okay....

Second, Kary originally claimed (and now once again claims) to be not just an independent, but a player who has been recruited by the Inquisitor, as proven by the color he uses to highlight his name and the use of the word "shadow." Obviously taking Kary at his word on this is foolish, but it's worth noting what he's really claiming here, and the perspective it can put certain actions in. By his own words, he is not just indy; he is a recruited player.
We had established this already.

Third, OS is a role with a Strongman characteristic. He did not elect to give us this information; it was revealed by Ranmaru, back when we can safely assume Ranmaru was still town (and even if not, at least not aligned with OS). In fact, Ranmaru was specifically given the words "strongman," "potential," and "persistence" to describe OS' role.
Again accurate. Shame on me for not openly claiming for no reason.

Fourth, OS was visited by a killer who failed to do his primary action on N1 (Swords, correct me on the Night if I'm wrong here. I believe you said N1). Based on what we know from flipped players, this must have been either Soup, the vigilante, or BRB, the Inquisitor. Technically, we don't know that it wasn't PJB, but that's unlikely given the deaths we saw on N2 (specifically, that there were a lot of them). It is unlikely that his poison was blocked, as there were three bodies that Night, and it would have specifically required OS to have been protected by Chuckie (I actually can't remember if this could potentially have happened. Swords, refresh me on what you saw happen to OS on that Night if you'd like).
This is the exact opposite of true. There were two immediate flips D2: La B and Kantrip. On D3 there were THREE flips, one of which was a result of Soup's death (mod confirmed). This is also PROVEN by JTB:

JTB said:
D2 - 5-6 scum, hint of poisoner, hint of recruiter
D3 - no results due to shinjiro flip (flavor says we spent all day sharing good memories about him)
D4 - 3-4 scum, hint of poisoner and victims may have died to him, hint of recruiter
D5 - 4-5 scum, hint of poisoner and victims may have died to him, hint of recruiter
D6 - 3-4 scum, hint of poisoner and victims may have died to him, hint of recruiter
On D2 flips NO ONE DIED TO POISONER.

Fifth, the Inquisitor died on N2, meaning that he had a maximum of two Night phases to be able to use his role. Some of you may already know where I'm going with this....
Three, at maximum. N0 counts if someone was bulletproof or able to be protected in some way (like July's role). We all just got to guess before the game started, possible the inquisitor got to just attempt to recruit.

I doubt this though as someone dying at game start would be silly.

I have begun to believe that it is very possible that Kary is telling the truth about his claim—not just about being indy, but also about being a mafia traitor (or at the very least) mafia. He was the latter and is now the former. But here's the kicker—he's not alone! Overswarm was also recruited by the Inquisitor. And they were likely both initially mafia!

WHOA

Did I just blow your mind?!
You totally did!

But not because you're right, but because you're using the truth to weave a lie.

Kary was a mafia traitor. You were partners with PJB and Bardull. Kary got recruited and then later recruited you, saw he was going to be lynched and used my vote as an opportunity to kill PJB.

PJB didn't hammer because he was inactive. PJB didn't hammer because you told him not to and you were his scum mate, then you knifed him in the back.

You know how I know? Because you have to have an end game plan. Kary will flip mafia traitor and you'll push the lynch for me, I'll flip town, and then you'll say "Kary was telling the truth, Bardull was mafia all along" and get Sworddancer to lynch Bardull.

Okay, hold on. Before everyone starts accusing me of taking crazy pills, let me back up.

As previously established, Overswarm was targeted for a kill on N1, but it was blocked. So either Soup tried to kill him, which would have been harmless, or BRB tried to kill him, which would have immediately resulted in an IndyOS, regardless of what he had been before. Which do we think is more likely? Admittedly, this is speculation, but we're going to be needing to do a little bit of that....
It's been proven that it's poison by a combination of

A) Night results
B) Sworddancer's results
C) JTB's results which explicitly state no one died to poisoner

Soup's incentive for targeting OS: Kills a player that many other players find difficult to read/intimidating, but could also potentially be quite a boon for town later if he's on our side. Seems awfully risky for a N1 kill. It is more likely that Soup would target an inactive or someone deemed worthless or detrimental. Kantrip would fit the former on D1, while Labatt fit the latter, so it's likely one of them actually took his bullet.

BRB's incentive for targeting OS: It's a win-win. He either successfully kills one of the sharper minds in the game (although OS' play this game has been notably terrible from a town perspective this game, but more on that later), and one that he doesn't get along with and would be annoying to deal with, or he recruits a player into his factions who is known primarily for how good he is at manipulation. Seems like an obvious first choice.
Poisoner's incentive for targeting OS: OS is town.

I say this puts the likelihood of OS being one of BRB's aspects (and being so for almost the entire game), at "very plausible." Not only does being scum explain all of the completely zany choices he has made and reads he has expressed, but him specifically being recruited to the Inquisitor's faction on N1 would also explain how Indy-hunting happy he got on D2, and how hard he fought for the idea of Chuckie being the Inquisitor in question (which I freely admit I bought hook, line and sinker at the time; the man can make a case out of sawdust...).
EVERYONE bought it including me because Chuckie was playing like an Inquisitor. >:\

This also would explain why OS so readily believed Kary's claim of being indy, despite all of the information that was open to the rest of us at the time pointing to Kary being mafia. TownOS would be level-headed and say "yeah, you're scum, we're lynching you. I don't leave known scum alive." The OS we have in this game, however, said "Indy you say? Despite obvTown Swords claiming a mod confirmed mafia result on you, I'll allow it. We should look elsewhere, lads. And really, how obvTown is this Sworddancer fellow...?" OS knows Kary is truly indy because he himself is indy and aligned with Kary. In fact, if I am right to believe that OS began the game as mafia rather than town, then he may have directed BRB to target Kary in order to try to begin recruiting his old faction. That would be a pretty smart way of nullifying an outside threat, and would make OS's job easier by not having to play spy on too many sides at once.
I've already explained how I knew Kary was indy, and town can thank me later for not giving the game to scum by lynching him.

But then you got recruited, didn't you? Tough spot to be in. Does Bardull know, or does he still think you're mafia and doesn't realize you're setting up for an end game?

OS knew Kary's claim on D6(?) wouldn't fly on its own, so he did his damnedest to give it wings. He openly advocated not for another lynch (as in, one other than Kary), but for a NO LYNCH, clearly indicating that he had no actual intention of doing what he claimed to think was best ("lynch mafia; they're the real threat!"), but to simply stall the lynch and hope he could keep Kary alive long enough to use his ability.
Mafia had to kill Kary; we only had to kill mafia. Killing Kary at that point would have either ended the game or given away our only buffer. You forget there would have been another poison. If I recall correctly, I did push for another lynch.... who was it?

Which leads nicely into my next point. TownOS, without extra knowledge, would never have done something as stupid as vote PJB in lylo, halfway through the Day. Especially given the stink he gave over the prospect of Kary getting lynched. Yes, PJB was mafia, so that's neat—but TownOS would not have known this with any certainty! He would not have put a potential townie in danger like that, under the guise of "Oops! Forgot Kary claimed executioner! Lolz, my b my b." That's not how OS plays. His actions make much more sense if we assume that he and Kary are aligned, and planned to set up a believable scenario to execute PJB all day long.
Oh right, mafia! I was pushing towards PJB.

This theory also puts the seemingly conflicting facts regarding PJB and Kary into a much clearer light. PJB was mafia. If Kary and OS were initially his scumbuddies, but were recruited by the Inquisitor on Nights 1 and 2, then that would explain why PJB would avoid hammering Kary, but Kary, with Overswarm's help, would actively choose to execute PJB once they got the chance to do so with just two votes. It's far too bold to be a bus. It seems more likely to me that they were trying to eliminate the final threat, the one mafia member they weren't able to recruit along with them. Simplify the game.
Except we know the Inquisitor had to have killed on N1 because on D2 we saw two flips and no poison death. So, there's that.

But that's not all. There is one other reason that I could see OS and Kary choosing to eliminate PJB that I don't think I've seen expressed yet, largely because it involves loose threads that many people (myself included) have not been interested in trying to make meet in a while. Allow me to revisit and try to shed some light.

Remember how OS is a Strongman role? This is objectively true, no faith required. He was forced to claim this several Days ago. At the time, I rather foolishly believed that it was most likely some answer to a Mafia Doctor or some other shenanigans, mostly because I found it so unlikely that the mafia would actually be equipped with a Strongman in this setup. And I was still drinking the OS koolaid. However, it becomes easier to digest if we examine the "potential" characteristic that Ranmaru found in him. Perhaps OS was not a role with the potential to become a Strongman upon our vigilante's death, as he claims. Perhaps he is a role with the potential to take over the mafia's kill if their first killing role (the Poisoner) falls, not as a new Poisoner, but as a much better killing role, a Strongman, allowing OS to kill players that were previously immune to everything but a lynch before. This would be a sensible trade off for losing a mafia member, especially one with a relatively weak method of killing. This would also explain OS' interest in finally getting PJB out of the way. Once PJB had nearly run his course and OS and Kary were finally able to off him without any help from town, OS set PJB up for the execution and told Kary to swing away. It probably took PJB as much by surprise as it did us.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Scary.

Kary will flip independent, Circus revealed his hand. Inactive until he saw which way the wind was blowing.

If I'm indy with Kary, I've done a good job of hiding it, especially given the fact that I was protecting Kary before the recruitment took place.

Fancy, that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, can't really do much with Kary giving up twice after recruiting him. BUT GUESS WHAT?!

I actually have been telling a lot of truths this game. :B

Scum team was Circus/OS/PJB with Kary as Mafia traitor and Ryker hit me Night 1.

After I recruited Kary he pretty much started acting like a child and didn't consult me on anything and decided that claiming both indy and mafia traitor executioner would be great ideas. I think I did a pretty good job all things considered.

Oh, and by the by- I was recruited Night 1. BRB targeted me. La B was a flavor kill. I think we actually targeted JDietz with poison, not entirely sure, I'd have to check in the mafia quick topic which Kary and I both had access too. ****ery on Nabe's part, yes.

However

Town can't win at this point on their own. It's pretty much mafia or indy, i.e., me or Circus.

We can get a tied victory amongst all three alignments with two town, one indy, and one mafia, or we can lynch Bardull or Sworddancer tomorrow to make a 3 man lylo and just have mafia or indy win. I don't know who wins in a 2 man lylo between mafia or indy.

I was originally a "mafia chiatzou" or however its spelled. I could kill but I'd die immediately after. I also had the 'potential' modifier that changed my role if I was the last member remaining in my faction. I was the remaining recruiter and recruited Kary, although JTB's results apparently came BEFORE my recruitment, as did Kantrip's results. This is why Sworddancer got a mafia result.

Upon BRB dying, my ability changed from "kill and die at the same time" to "kill and, if this person is preotected, recruit them instead of killing them"; regardless I lose my vote for the next day after the kill, making this an incredibly hard ability to use. I used it on Kary; you'll notice this being the primary motivator in the "I won't vote for Kary" phase when I didn't vote at all. It's one shot, otherwise I would have just killed toDay and had a 4 man game with me/kary and any other two.

Our safe claims, by the way, were completely bogus. Not a single one of them worked and none of them fit in a way that was usable, so we had to all make up our own safe claims. That's why PJB and Circus' claims don't fit; Circus actually found my safe claim for me.

I think you'll find this makes a large amount of sense and also explains Circus' actions and why he needs to buddy both Bardull and Sworddancer.

This leads us to the mexican standoff that we're at.

Circus has no kill; he's just an investigative ability. He just looked up stuff in the wiki to match the role he received to tell you if they went to the school or not.

Bardull and Sworddancer have no kill. If they did they would have used it long ago killing one of their scum reads, notably Kary.

I have no kill. If I had it I would have used it to kill anyone but Kary and end the game immediately.

@mod can you confirm what would happen if all three remaining alignments agreed to not lynch

I think this just about wraps it up.

The only way for any alignment to guarantee a win is if tomorrow we agree to a shared victory.

Given that there will be 4 remaining players, if I did have a kill it would result only in a 3 man lylo, thus leading to my death.

There is no more recruiting left, JTB confirmed this and accurately so.

Town can win if Circus or myself decide to side with town, but I'd rather have a shared victory than no victory at all.

What are your thoughts on this, Sworddancer? Bardull? Circus?

If Circus does try to pull the "no way guys, I'm actually town and I bet Bardull really is mafia" I can always just post my role PM which incriminate Circus and leads to the quick topic, thus resulting in my modkill and an inevitable 2 town / 1 mafia lylo.

So I believe the incentive is set for all 4 players.

Circus Mafia
Sworddancer Town
Bardull Town
Overswarm Shadow

No way for mafia to win unless a townie votes a townie
No way for shadow to win unless a townie votes a townie
No way for town to win unless mafia or shadow vote for each other

I am going to have some things to say about this game.

Also, town already lost earlier on the Kary day. If I wasn't independent mafia would have had a flawless victory at that point. :B

Despite my manipulation I actually did want to leave mafia alive until we had "achieved" a victory and I do feel bad about what happened to PJB who played a pretty stellar game given his role.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unvote

in case I didn't hammer, think I did but I'm fine with more time discussing this new turn of events if we've got it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ALSO

I was the only person to know he was mafia from the very beginning. One of my first guesses was "am I mafia" XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Let's see if I can pre-emptively alleviate fears...

Kary will flip indy (I am his indy partner, if anyone else had been lynched we'd have gotten a victory)

This leaves

Circus
Sword
Bardull
Overswarm

We can guarantee through in-game actions that no one in this game currently has a kill. The ONLY slot you could even possibly assume to even MAYBE have a kill is Circus' slot because the poisoner died and maybe "he becomes the poisoner" but I already know that doesn't happen and you won't get my vote on Circus so it's a moot point. You can't lynch him even if you wanted to because I'd be the hammer and... I won't do it.

We can guarantee there is no recruit because of JTB's result which showed there is no more recruiting left in the game. What's more, if there was a recruit I'd just recruit Circus resulting in a 2 indy vs. 2 town, thus resulting in an indy win. If I had the possibility of doing so it'd have shown up on JTB's results and I would have done it last Night or this Night. I am not, so you know there is no recruit.

So no kill, no recruit.

Sword and Bardull are both ascetic so no abilities can be used on either of them; you can't get poisoned even if Circus somehow got the poison. The only one who CAN get poisoned at this point is me, so if you think there's some delayed poison giving thing going on with Circus, there you go.

If Circus is lynch, town wins. Requires 3 votes. Requires Independent cooperating with town.
If Overswarm is lynch, town wins. Requires 3 votes. Requires mafia cooperating with town.
If Bardull is lynch, lylo between all three alignments. Requires 3 votes, 1 of them town.
If Sworddancer is lynch, lylo between all three alignments. Requires 3 votes, 1 of them town.

In a lylo with 3 alignments town would lose all ties. I'm not sure who'd lose between me and Circus, but we won't get there so it doesn't really matter.

Circus' current plan was to lynch Kary after seeing it move this way, then to lynch me the following day, then to lynch Bardull as the final scum given that the game was still going on.

I know this wouldn't have worked and, more importantly, my faction wouldn't win!

So I'm outing him instead.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
From Nabe's PM to me when I asked him who would win in a tie back in December:

Both situations would go through the normal voting process, but if no lynch can be obtained there would be a joint win between all remaining alignments.

If it came down to who can convince the others than whoever does the convincing would win (mafia or indy in an end game tie with another alignment), but if all alignments are known and simply no lynching is the preferred operatus from all parties involved then a tie would occur.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If we got the tri-win the only losers in this game would be J and Ranmaru.

Heh.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Hmmm, I'll be okay with winning with you OS. The only problem is is that I don't know if you're lying or not about having a kill. Can you prove to me that you can't kill?

Shouldn't have no lynched, shouldn't have lynched RR. This would be so much more easy if otherwise.

*tsk*

#HBC | Dancer

So wait I'm not really seeing anything anyone can do here.

Kary's dead. That only leaves OS indie.

Circus mafia.

ToMorrow we ARE going into a Mexican standoff. Circus mafia vs. OS indie vs. 2 townies

I'm not seeing any way we can win, unless all THREE fractions can joint win.

Is that what you're suggesting we do OS?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yerp.

I don't get any notifications about Circus, but there's no reason he would have lied when he posted his role PM earlier in the game. We actually *****ed about how stacked this game was against mafia like all game. Mafia being able to be recruited was just a cherry on top but I'm proud of mafia being able to make it to where they WOULD have won if I wasn't independent.

Kary was the personification of salt when I recruited him though. Probably won't be playing with that kid anymore.

vote: Kary

That should be hammer then if it wasn't already. I am actually glad to lynch him because he has caused me more trouble this game than anyone not of my alignment. Cleaning up his messes is almost impossible.

Oh, the revived cop got a mafia result on you? Better claim independent (WTF) and then mafia traitor (WTF) while simultaneously telling them you're an executioner! Totally shouldn't just work with your indy partner who has access to mafia and use your FOUR VOTE SWING to push towards Kantrip. No, that'd be WAY too ****ing stupid. It's not like we'd only need any ONE SINGULAR VOTE or NO VOTE AT ALL and have JTB die via poison, thus giving us 4 votes to swing on Kantrip immediately after.

Seriously. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that.

What I get for relying on scrubs like Kary -_-;;

I was SUPPOSED to recruit you Sworddancer, but I took the honorable way out. The way the game was set up I was supposed to be able to recruit anyone who was supposed to be protected but they weren't protected; due to my strongman modifier that is EVERYONE who is protected and due to the wording it also includes ascetics who weren't protected in the first place. I knew Nabe didn't mean for this though and ended up not doing that.

Circus and PJB were pretty much pros though. PJB took orders without complaining and was able to flap his wings on his own and still stick to the script. Circus has a heavy enough hand to where he can just pop in and make a large case and he's singlehandedly responsible for the J lynch.

Kary though, Kary was pretty much a burden even as mafia. The guy could READ THE QUICK TOPIC and for some reason didn't signal to us that he could. In no fashion whatsoever did he reveal it. He could have literally just pulled words from the quick topic and used them in the forums and waited for us to realize he was quoting us, but nope. Nothin'.

Grrrr @ Kary.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So wait I'm not really seeing anything anyone can do here.

Kary's dead. That only leaves OS indie.

Circus mafia.

ToMorrow we ARE going into a Mexican standoff. Circus mafia vs. OS indie vs. 2 townies

I'm not seeing any way we can win, unless all THREE fractions can joint win.

Is that what you're suggesting we do OS?
Yep. The game will continue until we convince one of the other factions to work with us or we just vote for No Lynch and agree to "put down our guns" in the mexican standoff so to speak.

All three factions can joint win. Town might actually win with more remaining numbers, but I doubt it. Willing to take the risk.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pffff, you WOULD guess that. :bee:
It's the best strategy. If you are mafia, you would get access to the quick topic and could plan with your scum mates. If you aren't, you're either town or indy. If you're town or indy then you're generally working on your lonesome anyway and the need to plan is minimal.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS do you know why I was redirected off of you Night 2?
Circus had other abilities that allowed him one-time direction of different roles. Cop, Doc, etc. We were notified when July switched to a Switch-Doctor. We redirected you, then later re-directed July back onto you; you were ascetic and she protected you twice in a row thus resulting in no protection for her.

Pretty, pretty good.

#HBC | Dancer

Hmmmm, I guess it just depends on what Circus decides to do. If he wants to play ignorant then that's fine. We'll just lynch you toMorrow OS (nothing personal) and then lynch Circus the Day after if the game is still going.

If the game ISN'T still going then yeah OS lied and town CAN win (with Circus being town).

But since there's pretty much no reason for OS to do that, I doubt that this will be the case.

So either town is going to joint win or lose. Nothing we can really do at this point. *shrugs*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hmmmm, I guess it just depends on what Circus decides to do. If he wants to play ignorant then that's fine. We'll just lynch you toMorrow OS (nothing personal) and then lynch Circus the Day after if the game is still going.
Sounds fine to me, I don't have a say anyway.

If the game ISN'T still going then yeah OS lied and town CAN win (with Circus being town).

But since there's pretty much no reason for OS to do that, I doubt that this will be the case.

So either town is going to joint win or lose. Nothing we can really do at this point. *shrugs*
Preeeeeeeetty much.

@mod

Can we agree to a pre-emptive No Lynch and just tie win toDay, or do we have to actually No Lynch toMorrow?

#HBC | Dancer

Circus had other abilities that allowed him one-time direction of different roles. Cop, Doc, etc. We were notified when July switched to a Switch-Doctor. We redirected you, then later re-directed July back onto you; you were ascetic and she protected you twice in a row thus resulting in no protection for her.

Pretty, pretty good.
I'm . . . still confused.

So basically you just had an ability where you flat out redirected me? Shouldn't redirects not work though on me SINCE I'm ascetic?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, ****. Looks like the cat's out of the bag. I was going to reveal everything OS just said toMorrow (except for the few things I didn't know, like what his new role really meant. Althought I did Stalk him last Night, so I know that he's Arahabaki, Shadow Vegeta, which I assumed meant he had transformed from a suicidal killer to some sort of standard killer), in hopes of appealing to the final townie's better interests.

Swords v. Me v. OS would have been epic.

OS, I wish we could have just bodied this town.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
By the way, guys, the mafia QT is awesome (and stupidly long).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus' current plan was to lynch Kary after seeing it move this way, then to lynch me the following day, then to lynch Bardull as the final scum given that the game was still going on.

I know this wouldn't have worked and, more importantly, my faction wouldn't win!

So I'm outing him instead.
Actually, my plan was to lynch Kary, hope you decided to kill Swords or Bardull, then break down the whole game, as I understood it, in an honest way to the final townie, letting them know that it was impossible for them to win, but incentivizing them to choose me as the victor over you. I'm actually pretty confident I could have done it too.

Convincing Swords to lynch Kary, you and Bardull before myself (in the event that you didn't have a kill), would have been a much longer shot, but I would have been willing to try that too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

So basically you just had an ability where you flat out redirected me? Shouldn't redirects not work though on me SINCE I'm ascetic?
Global events, mutha ****a.

It doesn't VISIT you, it AFFECTS you. Similar to how you can get Kantrip's results.

Well, ****. Looks like the cat's out of the bag. I was going to reveal everything OS just said toMorrow (except for the few things I didn't know, like what his new role really meant. Althought I did Stalk him last Night, so I know that he's Arahabaki, Shadow Vegeta, which I assumed meant he had transformed from a suicidal killer to some sort of standard killer), in hopes of appealing to the final townie's better interests.

Swords v. Me v. OS would have been epic.

OS, I wish we could have just bodied this town.
We did body this town, and convincingly so. I played to the mafia win condition until it was effectively "met" and then went for the indy win. It was both a moral victory for me AND the best strategy, rarely a thing.

Me vs. Swords vs. You would have been pretty epic, but it would have resulted in my lynch unless I did exactly what I'm doing right now, so we'd have had the same result. :(

Probably my favorite part about this game is trying to convince town to not lynch Kary because they'd lose if they did while simultaneously convincing mafia not to lynch Kary because THEY would lose if they did. That was stressful. The funniest thing was that mafia was like "Well, okay" for the most part and they needed to kill Kary while Town was like "No! Kill Kary! Very simple!" and they would have lost immediately. I would have been lynched immediately after Kary and mafia would have one via numbers straight up if you guys had lynched Kary then.

Nabe let us end the gameeeeeeee

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't know what to believe right now, but everyone should think very carefully about their night actions. That is all I will say for now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, my plan was to lynch Kary, hope you decided to kill Swords or Bardull, then break down the whole game, as I understood it, in an honest way to the final townie, letting them know that it was impossible for them to win, but incentivizing them to choose me as the victor over you. I'm actually pretty confident I could have done it too.

Convincing Swords to lynch Kary, you and Bardull before myself (in the event that you didn't have a kill), would have been a much longer shot, but I would have been willing to try that too.
I only had one regular kill and it was my only attempt at recruiting, had to use it on Kary. That's why I was so adamant on finding out if JTB or Kary was the mafia traitor, because Ryker said the traitor was bulletproof (he was told of Kary's existence). That's how I knew the "extra information" in my fake town role PM was accurate.

I would have immediately told Swords about the three-way tie condition and outed everything in a 3 man lylo anyway. This just speeds up the process and prevents an accidental effort to lynch me tomorrow and then town lynching you. Only way I can guarantee a win for my faction, don't care if other factions win too as long as I win. Not quite as sweet but necessity breeds what we do.

Swords, if you were in a 3 man lylo against me and Circus, who would you have chosen to win if things were laid out like this and you didn't know about the tie condition? I'm curious. XD

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

I'm a Stalker-Captain. "Stalker," as you probably already know, is just an alternative, scummier way of saying "Role Cop." That's how I was able to fake the Yaso-Cop role—I just had to look up the character of the role I just learned and limit the information I knew about the character in thread to their gender and whether or not they were a Yasogami High student.

My secondary role, "Captain," is a role that has the ability to control the actions of a specific set of roles (in my case, a Voyeur-Cop, a Dia-Doctor [later a Switch-Doctor], and a Vigilante [but only on odd Nights]). I was able to control any of those roles on any given Night, but I could only tell each of them what to do one time throughout the game.

You targeted Red Ryu that one Night because I directed the Voyeur-Cop to do so.

Top Bottom