• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sorry for inactivity, life johns.

Skimmed some of the posts, did not see read lists. Dislike.

Like Red Ryu for a lynch, dislike how the Night actions line up to make me not want Red Ryu for a lynch, am suspicious of how Sworddancer's night actions are the only ones that seem to put this in a light that could be positive for Red Ryu.

Sworddancer:

Are you still fine with a Red Ryu lynch?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
The thing that really sells me on it is the number of kills. Presumably it should be 3 on N1 one from Soup, one from the indy faction, one from mafia. Only two bodies. Presumably someone got a protect in, right?
Now assume OS is scum and mafia have a doctor. Who else would they protect N1 but OS, the lynchpin?
I don't have long enough in the Day to sit and see whether RR will continue to appeal to his claim of having protected OS. But right now that's what he is doing and I don't like it at all. I can totally see mafia having a doc in a setup with 2 other killing roles, and I'm more than prepared to lynch RR on that analysis than clear him on the grounds that his play doesn't make sense as scum.
Damnit Kary, are you actually town?

I've considered nearly the exact same line of thinking, A LOT. The only difference is that I believe it's possible that RR is a mafia genius. Like, he may not be lying about his role, although it does imply his alignment. The thing is, is that it all relies on some really big assumptions. RR has to be either the mafia doctor or mafia genius. OS had to of been targetted by the indy Night 1, as we know that Soup most likely targeted Le. Your offering a satisfactory explanation but I don't feel comfortable making assumptions.

But I agree with you that, when you look at the plain facts without taking into consideration Night actions, but RR and OS are scummy as ****. If it wasn't for my Night actions, RR would be my largest target, with OS right behind.

@J, Bardull: You two are town bros. Can you give me guidance on this? Because I'm honestlly leaning towards throwing my hands up and just saying "**** it! Lets lynch RR."

Request Deadline extension

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Going to respond to July but to quick-hit your question, Swords:

I'm only having my vote on one of RR or July toDay and I am fine with RR being the one to go.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Swords no!!!

Don't let J walk away from this, even more so with July and her posts at J.

OS is town, but god don't let July/J pull this ****ty bus attempt, that last post from July tanked my dumb town with how forced it was, Circus and J suspicion is in the same ordeal.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Furthermore, I had already discussed my dislike for Raz Day 1, and Day 2 I reiterated my concerns and the additional concerns that D2 and his hop on the wagon caused but there wasn't much I could do about it considering the lynch had already taken place.

That would be because Raziek was definitely my strongest scum read, I did and still do have stronger town reads than scum reads, and I wanted to look into some players based mostly on the suspicions of my town reads because I honestly didn't know where to look. That's not an optimal situation to be in but that's where I was at D2.
That's all good and well, July, but the thing I am getting at there is that you only explained one of your scum-reads in a bit of detail. You did not explain at all any of your other four scum-reads. (RR/Ditzy/Circus/Ryker) Sure a lynch happened, but that didn't stop people from scum-hunting or looking at other people and trying to explain things. We had over 24 hours to talk and you decided to just sit on your Raziek thing and hang back. You posted your thoughts but you didn't post the meat behind them.

July said:
And the bolded is twisting information; I didn't know that at the time of my last post, OS hadn't claimed yet and the information provided from Ran did not semi-clear OS.
I seemed to have messed-up the time bit of this so I apologize for that.

July said:
Here is what I mean:

BRB said:
That being said, IT'S INDY HUNTING!!! Chuckie flipping Indy does absolutely nothing to help OS's credibility.
This is exactly the type of technique you have been implementing to help you in your case against OS. You say Indy hunting is a bad thing and something that holds him accountable to possibly being scum for focusing on indies on D2. Even in this response, you bring it up yet again.

July said:
The reason I was quick to consider OS seems pretty obvious, actually; strongman characteristic + indy hunting looked like characteristics of a scum role.
You are trying to use what OS had done in focusing on the indy on D2 as scummy behavior and that he is more likely scum because of it. How do you get scumOS for going on a lead he felt incredibly strongly against. If you are going to attack OS on indy hunting then you have to go against everyone who was on the wagon and agreed with OS because they too would be considered Indy Hunting for choosing to focus in on Chuckie rather than try and find "mafia". If we were to put it into broader terms, OS was just scum-hunting with a specific target in mind. In fact, due to OS' case we were able to see the scumminess of BRB and Soup took the shot at him when he had the chance. So then again, you need to explain exactly and clearly, what about OS' indy-hunting makes him more suspect and being mafia.

July said:
I had a suspicion on Circus because, as I said D2, I wanted to look at him because Swords had some valid points on him, but those points became irrelevant toDay as Circus became more active. I like him because honestly he was one of the few players who freaking paid attention to the issues with RR's claim and actually pursued getting information from him, and he's been logical in his approach to players toDay and the claims in particular.
What points in particular from Swords made you supect him? And again, you seem to be giving town points to those who agree with you and giving scum-points to those who didn't really go along with you from the very get go.

July said:
Simply the idea that scum likely had more information than town did D1, and so I wanted to keep an eye on people who seemed like they had a lot of information.
How can you be sure of this to call him scummy? In the other Halloween Party game, no one had "extra" information about the game before it began. It feel more like a paranoid theory to me.

July said:
Gaahhhhhhh I just really don't like people who freaking ignored the issues with RR's claim; how do you ignore that? Or how do you put the pressure onto PJB for not dying rather than onto RR for his sketchy claim? I don't understand and I felt like most people weren't being "more contemplative", they simply weren't dealing with the issue or were diverting attention elsewhere.
How do you know that people were ignoring that? You claim that I was ignoring it but that isn't true at all in the slightest. Also I never solely put pressure on PBJ for not dying. The thing with your argument July is that it can be reversed and swung back at you.

Your Argument: "How can you not dislike RR for his claim? PBJ not dying isn't scummy."
A Counter Argument: "How can you not dislike PBJ for not dying? RR's claim isn't scummy."

This is what I am talking about from the beginning stages of the argument before RR's claim became more and more sloppy and transparent. Explain where people were diverting attention to and what else they were choosing to focus on? Mind you, there was a bunch of information coming about from various sources and claims. Is it really scummy to not focus all 100% attention on one person when we still have 11 people alive and an assumed 4 man mafia team left in the game? We also had a series of claims to focus in on as well. I feel you are being ridiculously unfair but I await to see your response to how you feel people were "diverting attention away from RR".

No, I've been very clear you are my second strongest town read, I just had no idea why you claimed when you did. You explained, I'm happy with that, case closed.

July said:
As petty as this is J's post ISOing me was a tipping point for me because the points he makes are foremost based on meta which isn't reliable anymore, and then he takes points out of context and forgets that D1 nothing happened and D2 I literally wasn't here until twilight and that affects my point of view on things like the Chuckie wagon. I've already discussed J's push on PJB being reachy, and J got on me for getting on him for not being critical of RR but he simply wasn't until popular opinion turned towards an RR lynch and then he hopped on with in a rather half-hearted fashion.
I'm going to be honest here and tell you my real opinion on this and your entire scum-read on me. I feel it is very forced. The reason I say this is because I am getting the impression that you are trying to force a scum-read onto me in your mind and trying to convince yourself that you have a scum-read on me rather than actually having one on me. Your response to my ISO reads as a knee-jerky OMGUS especially with the bolded.

The reason I say this is because you are saying that the ISO was the "tipping point" because it was focused on you and you are trying to belittle it by calling it a "petty attempt" when in reality, July, the stuff I am saying is sound and people agree with it. You are not explaining your reads clearly and some of the things you have said are off putting. Example would be your attack on me. You also say that most of my case on you is meta which isn't true either and I feel you are inflating that point a bit to try and make it sound like you have more of a good reason to try and dismiss my ISO on you.

Also you try and discredit my case on RR as a half-hearted attempt to go with the popular decision? If this:

[collapse=My RR Case]
Red Ryu said:
Oh no, there is no third protective that was me n1 and n2, and I don't believe for a second a townie used their doc on you.

I'm Shu Nakajima, town genius.

Whoever gets lynched I turn into a one night back up for them or in N2s case whoever dies first.

N1 I found out I was a doctor and protected OS.

This is why I questioned if Chuckie was actually trolling or not when they looked serious about it.

N2 I turned into the poison protection doctor, it removes poison or stops it from targeting the player, that was what I was told.

N3 happened and I turned into a chemist vig and shot you.

I back up protectives so I seriously doubt there is a fourth one.

I'm damn sure Nabe tells people when they are token locked bass on Halloween mafia.

So why are you alive?
The bolded bit is the thing that makes me doubt RR's claim. Why does his claim change all because there was no D3? It doesn't make sense (to me at least) why he got Soup's role. The first death posted has been the assumed person to have died first and in this case, as OS pointed out in his large post, that makes it Raziek, not Soup.

Then when we get onto the topic of Raziek about him being the already flipped "Back-up" with OS being a Back-up to the person who was the vig. It really doesn't make sense at all. Speaking of how things can get very over powered, let's take a look at this:

Why would Nabe put in two back-up roles that would have gotten the same role N1? It doesn't make sense for there to have been two doctors from N1. Then again let's play this game. Soup was lynched D1 meaning the vig died. Raziek would become back-up Vig, RR would get a vig-role (apparantly), and OS would have become a Strongman Vig. 3 guns for the price of losing one...? That really feels unbalanced.

For me "Chemist Vig" sounds more like a good cover role for Poisoner since it makes for sense for a "Chemist" to poison rather than shoot people. Which also gives me a bit of pause because it could explain why PBJ hasn't died last night but it also doesn't make sense because he claims strongly that he "shot" him last night.

Here is a thing though, RR claims to get a different variant of each role every night but the night he became a back-up poison doctor. Why is that night so special?

RR's claim brings so many different sides and just is very confusing to go into but I think I am beginning to figure it out. Let me bring up a qualm from July which will explain a bit more while I have been skeptic about my opinion on RR. PBJ also wanted my opinion on RR which I admit to withholding fully thus far.

PrivateJoker-Brown said:
@J. What do you think about Ryu?
July said:
J- I'm having trouble reading J this game and especially toDay I find myself conflicted over his actions. He's asking good questions, but then he doesn't seem to question RR's terrible claim but instead makes focuses on PJB for reasons I agree seem reachy. I want to keep an eye on J; I don't want to lynch him, but I don't particularly trust him.
To answer both, the reason I have not been questioning RR in thread is because everyone else has already been asking a bunch of questions toward him and I had nothing to add to that heat. My original thought on RR was that he was towny. It did not make sense for me as to why he would just outright claim he had shot PBJ with such point blank gusto and conviction as scum. He wasn't on the chopping block and could have floated more if he was scum.

His actions are not logical as scum. However, I figured I may have been giving RR a bit too much benefit of the doubt since he has pulled illogical things as scum and I have read them as town in other scenarios as well. At the current time, I feel RR is a sinking ship with way too many holes in his claim and play to add up as town. Plus even if he is town, he hasn't done a good job convincing anyone of this fact with the claim that makes no sense in any way you look at it and his inconsistency on things. A thing RR said that sealed it for me was when he said "If Ran is telling the truth, I will lynch OS solely on claim" (paraphrased and can't be bothered to go search for the quote now). The thing about that quote that I don't like is that RR in his mind has a 50/50 guilty with his knowledge. Why would he give that up just to lynch OS? He hasn't expressed any distaste in OS till the claim (then again only a select few had. Kary comes to mind). It looks more to me like a desperate attempt to abandon ship and get another lynch going that isn't his.

That being all said and done, I am definitely for lynching RR toDay.[/quote]

So my lynch pool right now is RR/J/JTB/Kary. I will not lynch anyone outside these four toDay.[/QUOTE][/COLLAPSE]

Then I am very confused as to how you think this is half-hearted. In the end, your attack on me just feels like an attempt to come off stronger than you actually are and is reading more and more like a desperate attempt to seem like you have a super-duper strong scum-read on me.

I don't remember if J brought up this point, but your initial reasoning for jumping onto RR doesn't really line up.
This is all I had to say regarding her push on RR in the beginning.

J said:
A thing that makes her uneasy for me is how quickly she snapped onto RR after a period of playing the middle-woman in terms of other lynches and then she was questioning me for not automatically agreeing with her or being with her on the train of thought with wanting to lynch him.

July

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, July I find your reasons for disliking J to be incredibly shallow. So what if he made a case against you that took things slightly out of context? What about the rest of his play? What about his intent? Honestly he's pretty much the second most obvious town player (behind me, of course ;p) in this game. Are you going to let one imperfect case, plus a slow start to toDay, bias you on that?

It's true that nothing much happened Day 1, so I won't hold that against you. It's also true that you came into the Day post flip. However, no matter what you say, there was a bothersome discrepancy between the number of your scum reads and how much you actually went over them.

Also, read over your first post toDay, I have to wonder why exactly you jumped onto RR so quickly? I don't remember if J brought up this point, but your initial reasoning for jumping onto RR doesn't really line up. You noticed that his claim didn't make sense with what has already happened. Okay, so what? Why does that warrant a vote?
I'm going to disagree with you, I think Ran is the second most obv town person behind you. I haven't felt comfortable with the rest of his play, I extremely dislike the way he handled RR/PJB and his eventual switch onto RR which seemed forced and ingenuine just to go along with the popular lynch for toDay. I very much see the possibility of an RR/J scum team. As for J's intent, I don't find it to be clearly townie; I find his intent on getting on the RR wagon to be to gain townie points for example, but I don't think it's genuine.

I jumped on RR quickly because his claim first of all seemed unlikely considering my own role (not impossible, but unlikely), and that with the inconsistencies in his claim make me believe as I still believe that he is scum and that his claim is false. And yes, it does warrant a vote, especially early game when he wouldn't answer any questions.

First paragraph seems very forced. I do not like the underlined, it just seems you are trying to fake concern with RR's claim. I don't think people were focusing on RR because there were other matters that had to be tended to. This also seems fake because I don't remember you really trying to direct focus to RR earlier on.

Second paragraph, when exactly did you say that at the point you said that you didn't like me claiming? (And provide the reasoning please)
@Bolded: Yes I did, it's been a pretty solid focus of mine for toDay.

I don't exactly remember when I said it and I can't particularly look it up because I'm in class, but I simply didn't understand why you were claiming at that point and I don't think you had elaborated on your results and the implications they had for OS at that time, so it wasn't clear why you claimed so suddenly. However, I never said or even inferred it was scummy, I've seen you do it before in Hearts Mafia, it's just not always beneficial to town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I would get ninja'd by a J wall ;-; I'll have to get to that after class/group meetings.
Sorry ^^" I did give fair warning though. And yeah I have to head out to class as well for an exam.

However @RR last's posts: I just don't even.

#HBC | Dancer

Nah I don't wanta hammer you RR. I have to ask though, why did you claim scum? Do you just want to limit the discussion toDay? Or did you just not want to defend yourself anymore?

Btw I'm perfectly fine right now with you claiming scum, but I';ll probably be a bit disappointed with you. Not that I'm one to talk, I've claimed scum under pressure to, but it's still bad ethnic.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nah I don't wanta hammer you RR. I have to ask though, why did you claim scum? Do you just want to limit the discussion toDay? Or did you just not want to defend yourself anymore?

Btw I'm perfectly fine right now with you claiming scum, but I';ll probably be a bit disappointed with you. Not that I'm one to talk, I've claimed scum under pressure to, but it's still bad ethnic.
^
That.

My flip will expose J/July/Circus, that is all I want.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RR, are you actually scum claiming scum or town claiming scum in order to just get your lynch so people may follow what you hope them to believe?

#HBC | Dancer

So you're saying that J, July, and Circus are you're scummates?

Interesting, so you're relaying on a WIFOM trap as your saving grace? I'll judge each one on their own merits, regardless of what you say.

Btw, was OS scum who was recruited by the indie Night 1 RR?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RR, if you are seriously town and pulling this bull****, I am not going to be happy one bit at this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So good, you are actually claiming town instead of scum and you are just being not smart.

Glad that's settlesd.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Real talk I'm not defending myself when people can see another player confirm I protected him and then watch as another says, "yeah you cleared him by protecting him, but your still scum"

It's pointless.

July

Smash Apprentice
Just lynch me so my flip shows that the people who were like "Hurr durr ****ty claim" are exposed.

DO IT.
You were the one who refused to answer questions about your claim when people found issues and inconsistencies with it. Why be so difficult and opaque?

The fact people ignored Sword's NA confirming mine is pig disgusting.
Swords Night Action doesn't eradicate your play, and his action doesn't confirm yours; it confirms that a lot of NAs hit OS Night 1. It's possible that scum knew that OS was targetted with a kill and when he didn't die used that build a claim around doccing him assuming with a doc and jailer flipping that they wouldn't be counterclaimed. That's just one possibility of how Swords Night Actions could tell a different story than what you are telling. Swords NA provides information, but it does not necessarily clear you.

You really want to ride your claim and your upset that it's not working out for you because people are also considering your play and the feasibility of your claim. You're blaming the town for your wagon rather than doing something about your play that got you into this position in the first place.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whats more annoying is I didn't even make these inconsistencies, I got Doctor, Antidote Doctor and Chemist Vig just like I said and everyone paints it as scum.

Good god this is FF9 all over again where I got lynched when I claimed vote blocker.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What the fack?

I kinda skimmed this last page, but RR should realize that we're in, in all likelihood, LyLo, and throwing as Town at this point is unparalleled whackness.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'll give my preferred direction after class, so probably not til later today or tonight.

I really want to hear from JTB and a lil from July in regards to the entire day phase so far, especially JTB who is absolutely dead weight atm.

@RR - I thought we had like 10 or 9 for some reason.

Top Bottom