• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So how many of you got an itchy trigger finger and unwrapped one part of your present? Certainly I can't be the only one. I'm not concerned with the mechanic of the game at the moment as it doesn't deem as important right now.

Vote: Le Bateleur

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Hey let's RVS the guy above you.

Vote: Red Ryu

I'd like to propose a unison guess of role cop, in which we all guess our roles to be cop by the end of night 1, so we can ensure we get the most out of our cop. Thoughts?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So how many of you got an itchy trigger finger and unwrapped one part of your present? Certainly I can't be the only one. I'm not concerned with the mechanic of the game at the moment as it doesn't deem as important right now.

What mechanic are you talking about? I'm assuming you're talking about finding out your true role, but your first two sentences make me think that you are concerned with it.

Anyways, I know I am.

Tako you're idea isn't that bad. There's a couple problems though. One, there's no way we can guarantee that there is a straight up cop. In Harry Potter mafia (Nabe's last "Halloween" game), the cop was like, Snake, the potion master, or something like that. If we were to do that, I'll suggest that we start off more vague-ish (like guess that we're a type of investigate) and work our way towards something more specific.

Also, there's the obvious problem that it wastes a guess.

All this said, I'll honestly not prefer to waste a guess on this.

Vote: J

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Vote: Le Bateluer

I hope wii won the Overswarm lottery :chuckle:

I'm guessing Potassium is Kantrip?

#HBC | ѕoup

What mechanic are you talking about? I'm assuming you're talking about finding out your true role, but your first two sentences make me think that you are concerned with it.
The unwrapping mechanic. I'm not sure if it's all the same for everyone (especially not the way it is done) but I wasn't aware of my alignment until I unwrapped a part of the present. That's what I'm mostly trying to get at.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Should we massclaim our guesses so people don't guess them? I heard Swords saying 'wasting' a guess... .-. Should we out if we guessed or not already?

sneakytako

Smash Lord

Should we massclaim our guesses so people don't guess them? I heard Swords saying 'wasting' a guess... .-. Should we out if we guessed or not already?
Please do not out any hints received.

Also I purpose we maintain an lal policy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you want to propose a lal policy, and also clarify what exactly you mean by lal.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

How'd you do it? I tried to guess the theme and afaik nothing happened to my actual present.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Why do you want to propose a lal policy, and also clarify what exactly you mean by lal.
I want to keep it simple with a lynch all liars policy.

This would rule out a few mis-directions on the first day that town could pull. I'd rather not give out the example I have in mind, please use your imagination.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want to keep it simple with a lynch all liars policy.

This would rule out a few mis-directions on the first day that town could pull. I'd rather not give out the example I have in mind, please use your imagination.
Hold it.

You think we should lynch anyone who lies on the spot, no matter the Circumstance?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's not gonna work Sneaky.

I've only seen that post. I am not playing any ****ing mafia at all tonight.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Well we most likely won't know until much later whether they are lying depending on the lie. But if the lie is intentional it could create a situation that would make things very difficult to determine the alignment of the liar until lynch/night kills can be identified, which could be much later in the game (perhaps too late). I would at least like to create a foundation that we can reference later, say first day LAL?

Kantrip

Kantplay
How'd you do it? I tried to guess the theme and afaik nothing happened to my actual present.
Oh sandwich, you're so silly!

Yeah I didn't start with my alignment either, I'm assuming none of us did.

Smart people would have made that their first guess.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well we most likely won't know until much later whether they are lying depending on the lie. But if the lie is intentional it could create a situation that would make things very difficult to determine the alignment of the liar until lynch/night kills can be identified, which could be much later in the game (perhaps too late). I would at least like to create a foundation that we can reference later, say first day LAL?
Do you question if maybe following this strict policy you may be lynching town who may have a legitimate gambit with a lie?

Tell me what do you think is a good lie over a bad lie?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got through two layers.

I have my alignment and one other thing. Did anyone else get that far? If someone did, I want to consider collaboration for my D1 guess once I decide whether to trust em or not.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

I was really only concerned with the fact of alignment. I don't need to know what else you have but I didn't want someone coming in here going 'I still don't know my alignment.' Kantrip, you feel more reserved this game. I want to like the change but my meta radar is ticking and I don't like it. It's very true it's early in the game but I just want to understand why you're acting the way you are.

#HBC | ѕoup

You shouldn't look at it like it's black and white. A lie has an intention behind it and I'm not going to lynch someone just because of it. Elaborate on why you think that we should follow this policy.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not going to out that information and I already explained what I wanted from it. What is your concern with how the mechanic is used?

#HBC | ѕoup

Information is key in this game and I believe if someone has figured out the theme then they should out it to all. It worked the same way in the last Halloween Party game but I don't believe we should waste our time pandering on guesses and trying to scumhunt out of it. Sneakytako seems like that type of player that thinks he can discern alignment based on how someone is treating a mechanic as such, as from his perspective town has no reason to lie. That's at least how I'm seeing it.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Soup's response to Le Bateluer was pretty much what I was going to say.

Soup can you think of ANY reason why someone would not want to out the theme of the game? This isn't a rhetorical question.

Also, if you think that if someone should out the theme of the game immediately if they get it, then why not share that information with Jdiatz?

#HBC | ѕoup

Likely purposes for their own reason. I honestly don't think town would have a huge issue about it but I can't say for certain that all town will think the same. My stance about it is pretty clear and that the dayphase is meant to be where town information hunts. The game theme would be very useful but not above finding scum.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have the name of an anime, and a character, but I don't think that's enough on its own.

#HBC | ѕoup

When I 'opened' my present, I got a letter from the N figure. He told me that I was not him and that I was good. I almost thought of Death Note but that seems out of place considering the context of said letter.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got the same, Soup.

If your present is like mine, guessing if the next layer contains a picture will get you to the layer I'm on.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
And for reference, that picture was of a character who I was told I don't THINK is me, but I wasn't sure.

Got a name and the anime they're from.

#HBC | ѕoup

Would you be allowed to paraphrase which anime and what name they are? I'll probably do the same if my guess is correct.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm starting to feel that the mechanic is more important than what it seems and we should put importance to it, especially from this conversation.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm going to hold my character name. Could have to do with my role and I'm not comfortable outing it at the moment.

The anime is Buso Renkin.

Top Bottom