• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
omg WAIT! i'm at work and want to get involved in this!

it looks FUN!

wii're on our 4th layer!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Is there any relation to what you have received and what Raziek has stated?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
oh, well, too late... I wanted to state the name of the anime to see if each layer of a clue came from the same thing.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
no it's not the same.

this reminds of discworld mafia :grin:

soup it's kat btw so just call me kat.

now i don't want to state the name of the character but the anime for our 2nd clue is different.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
no we got through 3. wii're on our 4th layer, as in wii have 2 layers left to guess (4th and 5th)

#HBC | ѕoup

I looked up something on Buso Renkin. It's made by the same person who did Rurouni Kenshin. Is that your anime name?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
What mechanic are you talking about? I'm assuming you're talking about finding out your true role, but your first two sentences make me think that you are concerned with it.

Anyways, I know I am.

Tako you're idea isn't that bad. There's a couple problems though. One, there's no way we can guarantee that there is a straight up cop. In Harry Potter mafia (Nabe's last "Halloween" game), the cop was like, Snake, the potion master, or something like that. If we were to do that, I'll suggest that we start off more vague-ish (like guess that we're a type of investigate) and work our way towards something more specific.

Also, there's the obvious problem that it wastes a guess.

All this said, I'll honestly not prefer to waste a guess on this.

Vote: J
Curiously, why would you need to publicly state you're concerned? The urgency in your concern here looks a little out of place particularly as the game is so young...

what do you think of this player list?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Right then. Since Le Bateluer (tako?) doesn't want people to give out hints received, the same question that I asked Soup goes out to him.

There literally is no way of knowing rather or not outing "hints," or even the true theme of the game, will benefit town or mafia more. HOWEVER, I would prefer to not *****foot around it, so I will give out the information I have.

Night 0 I choose to "shake the present." I was told that I couldn't really hear anything move around in it, which meant (and this is what the mod told me, not my own speculation) that the final object must of been secured pretty well within the final layer, and that since the presents were likely layered, each object in between was likely thin.

Day 1 I thought that I found the common thread of all the available evidence and was confident enough to guess the true theme of the game. I guessed that we were playing in "Pokemon mafia," but no dice.

Yes, this means that I still don't know my alignment, and I won't until toNight.

#HBC | ѕoup

Would people be okay with outing the way the presents are handled? Kat claims to already be on his 4th or 5th layer. Raziek is on his second. I'm only on my first. Sword is still an amnesiac.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
oh, hi swords :grin:

yes layer 1 was the exactly same in terms of word choices. We got Yew r good, yew r not me... paraphrased.

layer 2 was a character from an anime but it was a different anime.

layer 3... i can't think too fast and in depth as i'm work so this is all autonomous of me to say but it was small and thin.

soup/raziek tell me a little bit about this player list? what are you expecting from each player?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think we have to keep in mind our individual present opening strategies. I made a guess and failed haha.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't have any expectations based on people who haven't posted but I believe I've made myself clear with what I dislike or don't dislike. Do you have a different way of approaching the game because of the player list?

#HBC | Dancer

Curiously, why would you need to publicly state you're concerned? The urgency in your concern here looks a little out of place particularly as the game is so young...

what do you think of this player list?
I don't know what you're talking about. 0_0 I wasn't really concerned with anything in the post besides from explaining my thoughts on Tako's idea.

Unless you're talking about what I asked of Soup. In his case, I just wanted clarification.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Chuckie, how does asking Swords about what he expects from each player help you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(And anyone else for that matter)

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Raziek it was a card. I can go more in depth on this tonight as there is a big big clue in the OP

Swords i do believe you that you don't know ur alignment. this would explain why you looked concerned/anxious as a response to soup.

Soup can be DJ :grin:

Ranny scotts i'll get to yew in a second after lunch

#HBC | Dancer

Soup I didn't really give your song a chance because it's not "Who dun it?" music.

I know this is a cliche choice but . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk

Chuckie, could you expend on what you want specifically from your second question? Like, do you want me to go over the entire playerlist and give my opinion on each as a player, or just a general idea of how much "skill" is in this game.

Also Ran's question to.

I'm glad that you believe me Chuckie, but I honestly wasn't really anxious there. :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sword, question: You said you shook the present, right?

Was that your "Present Opening Strategy"?

I have one as well, but it's not that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
About the strategy. Does everyone have a 'ability' within the strategy to use? Yes or no.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I just read rule 8 on that in the OP.

We all have one, they're all different. Not all of them are 'activated' strategies.

Mine is. Haven't used it yet.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok Rule 8 answers my question. Thanks.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek it was a card. I can go more in depth on this tonight as there is a big big clue in the OP

Swords i do believe you that you don't know ur alignment. this would explain why you looked concerned/anxious as a response to soup.

Soup can be DJ :grin:

Ranny scotts i'll get to yew in a second after lunch
clue being the man that was hanged and his present opening strategy of burning.
I'm..... not following it completely.

My first thoughts including Roy Mustang and trying to come up with other anime characters that like fire.

Then I started thinking about the Burning of the Wicker Man.

Can you elaborate more now? When you say tonight, do you mean after this Night Phase, or temporally in a few hours?

#HBC | ѕoup

Chuckie, could you answer me regarding the anime title?

#HBC | Dancer

Sword, question: You said you shook the present, right?

Was that your "Present Opening Strategy"?

I have one as well, but it's not that.
Hmmm, I don't want to potentially give too much away about my character after the true theme is revealed, so I'll paraphrase my present opening strategy.

My opening strategy is to just be free form. I.e., I do whatever I think will be a good idea. At first I tried to just tear the wrapping paper directly off of the present, but Nabe denied me this. So instead, I decided to "shake the present," which is what got me my result.

#HBC | Dancer

My first thoughts including Roy Mustang and trying to come up with other anime characters that like fire.
Also keep in mind that the guy has a white coat and glasses, which made me think of a scientist with a fire type pokemon from pokemon.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also keep in mind that the guy has a white coat and glasses, which made me think of a scientist with a fire type pokemon from pokemon.
????

Where is this mentioned? I see nothing in the sample PM or opening flavor to indicate that.

#HBC | ѕoup

In that light, you can see the hanged man, above everyone as if he were looking down on you all. His glasses and white coat shine in that light.
Right here Raz.

#HBC | ѕoup

My second layer contained a picture and an anime name. The name of it is Bleach.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-1

10/18 to lynch.

Le Bateleur [3]: soup, Chuckie, Ranmaru
soup [1]: Potassium
Red Ryu [1]: sneakytako
sneakytako [1]: Red Ryu

Not voting: Circus, Overswarm, Sworddancer., July, J, Ryker, Le Bateleur, Private-Joker Brown, Raziek, Jdietz43, JTB, Kary

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus
Overswarm
Ranmaru > Le Bateleur
Sworddancer.
July
sneakytako > Red Ryu
J
Ryker
Le Bateleur
Private-Joker Brown
Raziek
Chuckie > Le Bateleur
Jdietz43
ѕoup > Le Bateleur
JTB
Kary
Potassium > soup
Red Ryu > Potassium > Ranmaru > sneakytako
[/collapse][collapse=Edit Log]
  1. Edited at 9:27 p.m. EST to fix a missed vote by Potassium, on soup.
[/collapse]

Deadline is November 7th at 15:00 Eastern.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: July

Going to be busy due to my play starting next week (on my birthday), but yeah. I will be in and out when I can.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There were a few things that were hinting it could be Pokemafia to me as well. Not enough for me to actually feel comfortable guessing it, but I guess I'm glad to know that's not what it is (or maybe that it's only what it was for the NPC? Since different people seem to be getting different animes?).

I still haven't gotten through any of my layers, but I have yet to make a guess toDay. Need to clear up some things with Nabe first.

Not gonna lie, the idea that the mafia might now know they're the mafia yet really kills my desire to do anything this game. Makes scumhunting very difficult.

Top Bottom