• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Showdown

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I see myself going if I wake my *** up. I'll have to ask for the day off work so I'll post again when I'm absolutely possitive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well, my girlfriend wants to go see John Mayer this saturday in Orlando. So I'm going to have to leave the tourney early. I'll probably only have time for doubles (which I have no teammate for now) and some friendlies.

Hopefully I'll still make it to [thread=88262]Cutting Edge[/thread] on Sunday and get to do singles there.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yes, you can use regular TVs.

Derf, Rice said he's comming down to Gainesville to stay with Crispy1. If you're comming, would you mind bringing Rice and Crispy with you? That way I can team with Rice. I'd appreciate it. ^_^

Duckles

Smash Cadet
Any idea how many people are showing up for doubles? Is there any estimate for when singles will start? Why is this starting so late :(

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Partial Shout Outs:

Derf: thanks for teamming with me. Sorry for hitting you some of those matches. We probably should have practised together before hand more... and I shouldn't have gone Ness. At least we got our money back.

Rohins: glad you didn't get lost this time.

Anyone I friendlied before having to go: good games.

Now I'm off to a concert, good luck to Singles.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

sick **** noob testament we're the sickest crew ever!!!!! jk but not really truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

DB: uve improved so much u def deserve winning the tourney
Stitch & tip: u guys hold it down pretty hard congrats on achieving second
fenrir: good MM, i only wish i wouldve had more time to actually play a 2/3, next time ill try to play u at the beginning of the tourney, u have a sick fox
Rohins: yo i really enjoy playin u, n it always pisses me off when there r like 3 people in line waiting to play when were having our matches cuz i only get to play u twice or so, ohh well i guess ill get more friendlies next time i see u at exarch's tourney, nice samus
phanna: basically the same thing as rohins u guys r insane with samus, that samus-samus team is really nice.
hozie: really good matches, i def need to learn that match a lil bit better tho, so yeah im def down for lots of friendlies next time i see u, or whenever u go back to oviedo just let us know so u can come over to smash at my place
supamac: ur doc is really good, intense matches
lvl 9 & sub: good ****
evryone else i played n forgot to mention: good matches, hope to see ya next time at exarch's tourney

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
1. Don't Blink
2. Exarch
3. Fenrir
4. Hozart
5. Derf

that's all I can tell from memory

Teams:

1. Exarch Fenrir
2. Skrach Dop
3. Derf Mankosuki

And you all should be jealous...I have Derf, Exarch, and Hozart in my house...ah, it's quite an amazing show of manliness...

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
had fun playing with the locals and watching my favorite team (natural selection) lol rep tnt. good job to everyone especially my partner don't blink for taking 1st in singles. i knew it was only a matter of time. good **** :)

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
Great stuff everyone!

Fenrir/Exarch/DB: It was good seeing you guys (it's too bad we never got a chance to have friendlies)
Derf: Dvorgasm
Hozart: It was nice meeting you; I'm glad to give you Yoshi-chain-throwing practice anytime : )
Phanna: Hit me up for some friendlies in G-ville.
Supamak: Great stuff! You got really far in this tourney (farther than I, who didn't win a match!)
OTRU: I felt bad cause you were getting so mad when I kept gimping you in teams...but not bad enough for me to stop gimping you ;-)
Rohins: Nice car!
Sub: WTF hacks. My Bowser is so much better than your Bowser and you know it. Freaking my Gamecube has a virus and/or the TV we played on is broken. Me:1 You:1 Flatzone Tools:1.

On a sad note, school is going to swallow me whole in the next couple of weeks, so this was probably my last tourney until spring break/summer :,-(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Great tourney. I got over my mental block a couple weeks ago at a noob tourney so this was the 1st tourney I actually played decently at.

Don't Blink: WTF how do you always grab me before i can shine and don't say its because I'm missing L-cancel because I'm not, ask anyone else if I miss L-Cancels.

ihatethecape: WWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO haha that crap makes my day when you do that.

Skrach and Dop: You greedy *******s always placing well in teams.

Otru: Yah we should take a break from teaming, we were getting way too pissed at each other.

Hozart: You 3 stock me everytime we play except the tourney match on FD LOL. That had to be one of the biggest flukes in smash history.

Fenrir: Don't think we played. You better keep playing smash64 or ill be pissed haha.

Exarch: Your Sheik needs Falco training? You were wrecking me... Thanks for the games though.

Derf: Your CF 3 stocked me like 3 matches in a row, luckily I played a little better later on. You also pulled the craziest **** I've seen in a while. Upair to grab combos on Fox?!?!?!

Phanna: I have no idea what to do vs a Samus like yours. Everything I did got UpB'ed lol. Thanks for all the advice though and good job on 5th.

lvl9CP: Sorry about not playing Falco vs you more but I just came from the projectors and the timing from projector to TV really screws up my timing with Falco. And I wasn't sandbagging you when I picked Pika either because hes my other main. :)

SaintAnger: Thanks for the tourney man. The only thing that could of went a little smoother would be length of the tourney.

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

derf

Smash Ace
good tourney congrats colin

st anger is the man

thanks for teaming manko--too bad we didnt get to use "Joe and Freds excellant adventure"

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
thanks for teaming manko--too bad we didnt get to use "Joe and Freds excellant adventure"
I told it to Angler, and he put it into the computer, but on the brackets it was using our names instead of the team name. I guess he did it that way so it'd fit in the bracket slots. Great name choice btw, I had forgotten to think of one.

If we ever team again, I say we don't complicate things. Just go Samus/Sheik all the way. Although me & RAM did well with Samus/Luigi so I wonder how it would have went for me and you...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The tourney today was as follows...iirc

1. Exarch
2. Fenrir (random chars ftw, eh?)
3. Phanna
4. Hozart

and yeah, Phanna was the other 5th place on the Saturday tourney...I didn't remember at the time.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I heard from Rohins that Gold Wing & Lumbro didn't make it. Neither did harriettheguy or CKRikou, and I was in Orlando. So none of the top ranking regulars where there aside from KingofHearts. :ohwell:

Sorry guys, I had hoped more of the Area 51 crowd would spill over to Cutting Edge as well. Wasn't too small for your troubles I hope.

Wish I could have stuck around longer too, but gotta keep the girl happy ya know? Tourneys happen a lot more often than concerts.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Good matches everyone, seems the infinite didn't grant me victory.:laugh:

Nice shine spikes Col-Bol. Imagine if you were winning and I got a grab and infinited. So don't feel cheap. Also, you've proven yourself to be a worthy opponent. So we should talk on AIM and arrange times to play during the week.

Fun fights against Samus Phanna and Rohins. I'd like to learn that match-up really well so I can return to Icicle Mountain with effective combat data. Both of you guys are really good and fun to talk to.:)

Exarch I wanna fight your Peach more! That match is so scary, but because I'm a scrub I don't want to switch, meaning I should figure it out.

All of Noob Testament, I'll try and attend your smashfests more, so contact me. ^_^

Anyone at the tournaments: if you ever want to play me, just ask. Even if you think you're a noob.

All of Cake Eaters: we need to stop underestimating Colin. Especially YOU Josh!

Thanks for the housing Darrel!

Derf needed caffiene!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think the music for this trip said it all....and only my crewmates will understand that one...you know what I do when I'm feeling down?

OLIO!

Mario Vs Marth is terrible.

My Yoshi sucks.

Ganon can be comboed quite well by Mario lawl

Mario dies when Ganon hits him. lawl

Bowser Pikachu is a very strange match

G&W is amazing on Stadium

My fox is ********. lawl

Colin is gettin very good....need more matches. You know those could've gone either way...so intense. good stuff.

I have no falco, therefore, I'm not a fox player.

IC dsmash goes through shield.

Derf's Marth makes no sense, and to beat it, you have to make no sense as well...argh.

I like comboing Sheik

Ally McBeal

FIF is pretty amazing.

My guitar is amazing too.

I can play Temple music.

YL doesn't grab.

Zelda is scary.

Dop is amazingly sexy.

I'm not scared of CF anymore.

My Mario is fun to play.

Roy counters Sheik... : /

I'm a samus magnet, apparently.

Stop shooting missiles.

Link Samus is one of the most frustrating matches...not you, Rohins, just the whole match...so slow. x.x

Derf doesn't do so well after 3 hours of sleep.

I'm a god with Fox, apparently.

You all wish you were gods with (insert your character here)

Derf might be better than Fenrir... (I know, that sounds impossible, but still...)

Lakeland has 3 smashers now Woot!

Sheer is gonna be scary.

Smash 64 is borken

Fox is borken

Marth is borken

Sheik is borken

Falco is gayzorz.

I like Dash-dance powershielding lasers.

Exarch sucks with G&W's bucket... x.x

but he's really good in teams.

even as Doc

It's true.

Link Vs YL is like my most popular match now.

Link is sexy.

Bomb, Boomerang, utilt does 40%

YL's Bomb to fire dair is the sexiest thing invented.

did I mention Fox is borken yet?

It's moving so fast.

They could rip a tank apart.

My sister is weird...

Hiroshi is the worst FL smasher.

Chuck Norris matches are amazing.

Especially with Derf, Exarch, and Phanna...too good.

Phanna making shooting noises while raining link with missiles while his partner Rohins does the same is priceless and should be made into a ringtone.

Phanna REALLY likes missiles...

Can't blame him though.

Tournaments were too good.

Chipotle was even better.

Zelda counters Roy very hard...lawl.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
shizouts:

Aqua - had some fun friendlies man. That misfire kill on me was awesome :p

Bane - had a bunch of fun matches with you. Let me know when you get those matches online.

Dop - cool chattin with ya. I have never played you outside of teams, so we'll have to get some friendlies in at ltec.

hozart - it was cool chillin with you. I'll never pick rainbow cruise against you again, my *** still hurts.

fenrir - has the most hard core fox. Blocks an fsmash with his face and just keeps walking like "WHAT".

phanna - quit copying my style. SDing in a tournament match is MY move.

otru - I agree, we only get like a friendly here and there never get to sit down and play. We'll get some more friendlies in the next couple of tournaments.

skrach - I think we only played one friendly. Unacceptable >_<

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Ok now for my shoutouts:

Aqua - We never had a friendly so I owe you one NOW! Plus, sorry for being too serious with your joke, the caffine effects me :p.

Derf - Holy **** time 5000! OMG dude ur CF was too sick that I thought that I was going against an MLG pro! 4 stocked my Marth, who does better against CF's than my Falco. OMG we must play again, I don't care how hard my *** gets whooped, too good.

Fenrir - Did we have a friendly? I don't remember but at least I had a conversation with ya. Anyways you still have the fox skills and as Peppy Hare would say, "Trust your instincts!"

Rohins - We should've friendlied more, I agree that one is unforgivable! Good Samus match, was way too close!

Otru - Good games all in friendlies, tourny matches and MM's! But somethings up though, did you went easy on me in the toury matches? I don't know why but you just felt twice as skilled in the MM. Even though it was for a dollar :p

Bane - Good Falco and nice friendlies, I definitly want to come over and play with ya more ^_^ maybe I'm a B Class Falco now (he knows what I'm talking about). Anyways I forgot to get the vids from your laptop so we need to meet or something.

Hozart - Even though we never introduced ourselves I wanna say congrats on taking 4th and you also have some nasty IC's so I want to challenge you sometime, and yes I'm a noob.

Blue - Good games buddy! You have some skill and a whole lot of potential so keep on praticing, who knows, maybe I'll give ya some training. You might be able to beat me one day! ^_^

For anyone else I forgot, good games and I hope to see ya all again!

This was by far the sickest tourny I've been to. Simply the Best! I might go to Gigabits now!

SSBM Note: (like you got a trophy sign)
You now can compete in Gigabits Tourny!
Go see what Florida's made of!

LOLZ

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
YOu know, I didn't even notice that was a QDVS post until you said it. lawl...

that's fun to do.

Top Bottom