• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Showdown

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Could I request that Twilight Showdown 2 to be on March 10th? KOkingpin (best Ganon in Tennessee) will be visiting Tampa on March 4th-11th so I told him I'd see about having a tourney while he's here. It'd also give us a little over a month from now to get people interested in comming.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
yeah man i was just curious. but yeah man. i loved the setup. seriously only thing was the time. everything else went awesome. especially the projectors.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Could I request that Twilight Showdown 2 to be on March 10th? KOkingpin (best Ganon in Tennessee) will be visiting Tampa on March 4th-11th so I told him I'd see about having a tourney while he's here. It'd also give us a little over a month from now to get people interested in comming.
You got it! Twilight Showdown 2 will be held on March 10th. I'll be working on the flyer and all. Start spreadin' the news. lol. If there's any feedback you guys want to give let me know. I kinda follow MLG rules, but I've always deseinged and ran my tournament based on and around what the players want. I want them to have fun while playing and enjoy the tournament. So any suggestions you guys have will be taken into consideration. Thanks.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
.................note to self.............fair only means one thing in this forum..............I'm seriously starting to think that you guys don't know what I mean. Sure Fair means foward air to you guys but out in the world, the word fair also means rate, stand up to, rank, progressed, etc. Sorry for the poor choice of a word there.

Rephrase: I wanna see how my Falco "does against" this top TN Gannon.

rice

Smash Journeyman
you take everything so seriously, although i thought fair was like a world fair, or a carnival type place ! but yea, xD

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'll be gone at a Texas tournament with 4 other friends, otherwise I'd love to attend the March 10th event. Last one was hosted well, I loved the non-laggy projectors.

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie
I think I will be at this next tournament for sure. The one on Jan 27th was cool (well, everything was cool except for Fenrir knocking me into the loser's bracket in my very first match...props to him) Anyway, it was nice meeting some of you guys like Otru (amazing fox guy), Fenrir (another amazing fox guy), and D21(amazing Jiggs guy). Hopefully you guys will be there again for the next tourny!!!

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I'll be in Texas w/ phanna. Zaro, it was a joke rice knows what's up. And Rice, sexy falco at ltec. I should have gotten some friendlies with ya

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Is there a website to the place or anything? I want more info on Area 51, if I can go this will be my first, so hopefully I can take off. :ohwell:

rice

Smash Journeyman
I'll be in Texas w/ phanna. Zaro, it was a joke rice knows what's up. And Rice, sexy falco at ltec. I should have gotten some friendlies with ya
ahh yea, we should have gotten some in, i didn't know you even noticed me lol xD. I guess a lot more people saw me than i knew..

Manko ! i want to go to this as well :D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D .....maybe i can get a ride or somethin i dubnnnno. WOuld be fun tho.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I see no reason I can't be there...these are fun.

btw, to inform the tournament director...any match I'm in that my opponent also has a grasp on actual stage listing will be played with the MLG stage rules. If they, for some reason, aren't ok with it, I'm not gonna pressure them or anything, but I'm not really sure why the rule set for these things is so behind, really...The MLG stage listing and counterpick rules are about the best there is...so yeah.

Not complaining, just commenting.

Thomas, you better be back, mang...you've been missing too many tourneys lately.

Fred, if Thomas isn't back, I'm thinking some more Zelda Luigi will be in order...hmm...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dunno if Noob Testament is going to this, we haven't discussed it. It also doesn't help that the only member of our crew willing to drive out of Orlando for tourneys(Diego, he has a much better car than the rest of us) hasn't been attending tourneys lately.

We'll get back to you guys on our situation for this.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I see no reason I can't be there...these are fun.

btw, to inform the tournament director...any match I'm in that my opponent also has a grasp on actual stage listing will be played with the MLG stage rules. If they, for some reason, aren't ok with it, I'm not gonna pressure them or anything, but I'm not really sure why the rule set for these things is so behind, really...The MLG stage listing and counterpick rules are about the best there is...so yeah.

Not complaining, just commenting.
I gotcha Fenrir. If anyone is playing someone who knows the MLG stage listing and counter pick stages can follow those rules if they like. Just have fun. That's all . lol. If anyone else has any suggestions or ideas, let me know. I'm very open minded with my tournaments.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Yeah so HOST2 got moved back so now it's pretty much not possible for me to go, and EVO on the same date is further away with less incentive for me to go, on an already stressed plan with key participants not being able to go, so I've since cancelled the trip, meaning I can go to this. I'll PM Rohins about it too, hopefully we can make it.

I gotcha Fenrir. If anyone is playing someone who knows the MLG stage listing and counter pick stages can follow those rules if they like. Just have fun. That's all . lol. If anyone else has any suggestions or ideas, let me know. I'm very open minded with my tournaments.
Not sure how much of this is how unfamiliar some people might be with the rules, but I think this makes it pretty straightforward:

Red means banned
Yellow means able to be counter-picked
Green means neutral (on random)

The top of a box represents Singles, the bottom of a box represents Doubles.
You can print it out to have at the tournament if you'd like

Top Bottom