• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Showdown

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm not sure how I can say I'm coming to this too many more times...but yeah, I still am coming to this...

Any MMs? act fast...

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
how many people are goin? i'm down for the drive as long as their will be at least 24 people or so

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There should be. You've got the Brandon guys, Tampa guys, Cake Eaters, and Phanna/Duckles.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
cool can't wait to see ya all! ...if no one make a list...then I might make one...but everyone coming MUST post in THIS thread...failure to comply will result in an inaacurate list :p

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Here's a list of people that I know of that are coming:

1. SaintAnger
2. Aqua
3. Pertheseus
4. Harriet the Guy
5. Manko
6. Zaro
7. ihatethecape
8. Fenrir
9. DF
10. Rohins
11. Bane
12. vZakat
13. Lumbro
14. Goldwing
15. Hozart
16. King of Hearts
17. 4 people from Noob Testament
18. Cake Eaters
19. Phanna/Duckles
20. Token
21. Neo
22. Deth (I think)

If I'm missing anyone let me know.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
As far as I know Noob Testament is comming, but who knows for certain. Depends what kind of mood ihatethecape is in because hes the driver.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
btw, "Cake Eaters" is my crew... not sure how many of us are coming, but it looks like at least 4...

Me, Exarch, DF are all definitely going to be there...I think Derf is...I think Hozart's trying to come...idk about TheLaw.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Phanna & Duckles are also two seperate people. They're just roommates.

I haven't been able to get up with any Tampa guys in a long while so I'm not sure of thier status, but I know L_W48 won't be there since it's his B-day that weekend. However we may see Noucles, Hulk, and Shadow Squall.

HyperTheHedgehog lives right next to Rohins, so he may be able to come. We've never actually met the kid though...

Also, CKRikou ussually goes to the Cutting Edge tourneys with HarrietTheGuy. So we can assume that he'd be there too.

Speaking of Cutting Edge, the tourney there on the next day is where Goldwing & Lumbro are going to be. I'm not sure if they'll go to the Area 51 tourney or not, but I know they'll be at Cutting Edge.

Duckles

Smash Cadet
If I am coming from hernando county(couple counties up on the west coast, right next to the suncoast parkway), would it be faster to take the parkway or go to 75? Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the airport area(where the parkway ends) to the tournament place, and how to do it if it is faster than just taking 75?

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
If you don't know your way much and don't mind traffic, then I would go on I-75. I don't know which route would be faster though.

Edit: ^_^ Thanks SaintAnger! I got lazy there cause I really didn't want to do the list again :p

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I found the place without too much trouble, though Rohins somehow got lost. You and Phanna are staying with him right? If so you guys can just meet up with us at USF and we'll go from there.

If you're going alone though, all I know about the parkway is that there's a toll near the end of it where it meets 275. There may be others on it I don't know about as well. I'd suggest leaving it early though to avoid it. You could take the Parkway down to 54/56 then use it to meet up with 75 for the rest of the way. Brandon's to the East of Tampa and 75 drops you off alot closer than the parkway does as well.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
That night sucked lol. I missed one turn from the directions on mapquest. When I went to a gas station to get some help the lady gave me directions...but they lead back to Tampa >_<

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
That's why I always print/draw out a map to add to the directions. Mapquest is not to be trusted on its own! >_<

Edit: I just met SmashAttackMak today. He's still some what new to the scene (MLG Orlando being his only true tourney) but he did pretty well for himself. He said he already planned on going to the tourney, so that's another guy to add.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
wait. no problems with lag? and i'm assuming were goin to be using t.v.'s brought also so it won't take to so long to play on only two t.v.'s right?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I surely hope playing on the projectors is optional. Playing on huge screens really screws with my game, I'm sure it does with other people too.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I didn't experience any lag issues on the projector last time I was there, but it might effect people that John I suppose. ;)

(also, Noucles won't be there but Hulk should be.)

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey guys, this sucks but i cant make it. i just got a new job, and i cant get this saturday off, believe me, i tried. sorry i cant team with u manko. maybe next time

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Great knights of Colombus! 40 people?! thisll be a nice and long tourny...and we definitely need some "friendly" tvs. i heard manko was bringing a tv and cube....who else is bringing some?
Also, should the payout go to more places, like 5th?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll bring my TV if I have room in the car, but I'll definately have a VCR or two with me. If anyone else would like to bring a VCR and just give the tape to me afterwards that'd be fine too. I'll rip whatever others don't have the equipment to do.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Someone needs to address the projector issue. I don't think I'm going to come if the tourney is only played on a big projector screen. And apparently I'm not the only one who has problems playing on big screens because Derf posted the same thing after me. :)

So, can anyone please tell us if we'll have the option of playing on regular TVs?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There's TVs there as well so I'm sure it's an option.

SaintAnger: would it help for people to bring some TVs in too? I could most likely bring mine since it looks like I'll have room in the car.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
well I'll give ya some info

Gamecube hooked up to TV
Wii (number 1) hooked up to TV
Wii (number 2) hooked up to projector

So unless SaintAnger moves the other Wii (number 1) then we have 2 tvs and one pro. However I never experienced any problems with the projectors and the Wii. However again, the pro could be or friendlies if majority rules tv only.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The problem is that some HD tvs and projectors have an ever so slight lag...

For some reason, this REALLY throws off some people, while being unnoticeable to others. Call it a john or whatever you want, but it is true that you can feel the difference if you are VERY timing sensitive.

Derf, for one, is really affected by lag on a tv...
I am also affected quite a bit...shine spikes and shortened illusions are thrown off completely for me.

It's hard to explain it, but yeah, it's there, and it's true.

What I am figuring out, though, is that the lag affects me less when I play a slower character, such as Link or Zelda...Yeah, I know it makes sense because they don't have single frame sensitive moves, it's just kinda weird still.

I can cope with the lag, if it's there. I'd rather not, though...

derf

Smash Ace
whats the deal with the tvs? can we opt to not play on projectors/hd tvs? i can prolly bring one and a cube.

please respond by 3pm tomorrow

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
I agree with the haters: projection screens are teh suck. Derf and I could bring maybe two TVs/cubes, assuming all the TVs don't pose an electrical/fire hazard. However, I hope Manko, Derf, and I aren't the only ones bringing TVs (if there are gonna be 40+ people there then we should have at least 10 TVs). SaintAnger, how many TVs can this place handle?

Top Bottom