• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Showdown

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You're pretty awesome, saint...

I know I'm always suggesting rulesets and changes and such...but that's just suggestions. I approve of how open you are to the opinions of smashers and stuff...really cool, man.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There was a fairly good turnout actually. We had the Brandon Locals, some Tampa guys (even without any USF), N00b Testament, and half of Cake Eaters. I'm not sure on the actual ammount but I'd say around 30 or so?

SaintAnger should be able to tell you the payout & full number of attendance though.

*edit*: oh and the best Ganon in TN is supposed to be in town for this as well. ^_^

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This one should be fairly large...with the success of the last one, it should inspire even more people to come again...here's hoping, eh?

Anyways, I'll be there...

btw, playing smash on Wii on HD projectors that don't lag (wtf?) is completely amazing still...so pretty.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
This one should be fairly large...with the success of the last one, it should inspire even more people to come again...here's hoping, eh?

Anyways, I'll be there...

btw, playing smash on Wii on HD projectors that don't lag (wtf?) is completely amazing still...so pretty.
You act like we're the ONLY venue with GOOD HD projectors lol:laugh:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It is the first time I played on a HD projector with no lag...and I've played on quite a few...

anyways, this tourney should be funsies

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Smash looks SO good in HD! Good to know that we're your 1st venue with no lag HD projectors! I can't wait for March 10th! Bring in the goodness! :p

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
You're pretty awesome, saint...

I know I'm always suggesting rulesets and changes and such...but that's just suggestions. I approve of how open you are to the opinions of smashers and stuff...really cool, man.
Thanks Fenrir. You guys are the ones playing in it and I want everyone to enjoy themselves. That's why your's, and others', suggestions and feedback are greatly appreciated and encouraged. My tournaments are for the players.

I'm glad you enjoyed playing on the projectors. You guys are always welcome to bring your own tvs and GameCubes. In fact, I'm glad that you guys did. It helped move things along alot quicker. Thanks. Bring them again if you can. lol. And controllers too. lol.

In Twilight Showdown 1 there were 23 players. 1st. place walked away with $140, 2nd. got $40, and 3rd. earned himself $20. As you can see the prize money was fairly large. I'm hoping for an even larger turnout for TS2.

I want to thank you guys again for your participation and ideas. I do everything I can to make sure you guys have fun and enjoy my tournaments and I can see that you guys do. Thanks again. See everyone March 10th.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Man, I wanna smash...Hopefully this will come around soon.

ugh, it's beginning to feel like 3 weeks without a tourney is insanely long...

sigh...what has happened to me?

vZakat

Half Genie
Roddy and I won't be able to make this one. :( We had a lot of fun at the first one, and if there is a TS3 we'll probably be there. Much higher chance of us going to gigs.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm kinda conflicted here. I really wanna go but that would mean I would have to drive and my old *** car doesn't like to drive anywhere further than like 30 miles. It kinda needs to last through college. Sooo, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just put in my time away from work request form today. Hopefully I'll be able to come.

Saint: yeah, jump in for friendlies whenever you want. Might as well enjoy yourself too. Just keep an eye on what's going on so things stay on track. Generally smashers can manage themselves fairly well though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
But we can still get in and set up any time after 12:00 right? We could just warm up for a while before you get there. :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Actually, that's doubtful this time...family's kinda going crazy with a lot of stuff, so yeah, I probably can't house anybody...somebody in Tampa might, though...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'd house you if it were up to me, but the place isn't technically mine...

Want to team again though?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
tru i didnt even know about this thread... sheer never told us anything about this i guess we'll have to talk to him to see if we can b there cuz our car would def not make it there we'll post later on to confirm our assistance

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
tru i didnt even know about this thread... sheer never told us anything about this i guess we'll have to talk to him to see if we can b there cuz our car would def not make it there we'll post later on to confirm our assistance
Yeah I was like confused b/c I couldn't find the thread for a bit too.. I made a thread quoting SaintAnger's announcement in this thread though, which I've PM'd him about, in order to increase awareness and attendance: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=98673

Top Bottom