• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.

hey i was rereading vult and this came up. and i just gotta say this is so scummy.

here is why. it is totally unlike marc. marc, saying basically "well I don't REALLY like this, let's focus on other people but hey I'll go along with this wagon if it comes down to it." it just seems like marc wouldn't say that; that a townie marc would try his hardest to find scum... not just go along with wagons cause they're available.

and marc, i know you're at work but you can answer this when you get home :3

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wasn't outside communication.
He fixed my melee bracket. I didn't get out of pools though

Roxy you forgot to put capitals when you quoted me mayne.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
butterfly in da sky, i can fly twice as high

So I did a reread of Vult and I think that him and Marc are scum buddies. I have pretty good reasoning too!

I'm a parrot of Heatstroke; that kid sets good trends.

Vote: HeatStroke - SERiOUS VOTE.
ANYWAY, HeatStroke is scummy. t/f?
@ Mayling: Read on HeatStroke?!
The tunneling on Heatstroke begins!

However, there's something weird that occurs in the middle of Vult's tunneling on Heatstroke. Marc says something really scummy.

For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.
Okay, here Marc says something extraordinarily scummy. If you guys don't think it's scummy. Well. It is. So what does Vult do? Launch an attack on Marc. Yeah, that's okay, that's good. If Marc is scum and Vult is launching an attack on scum, that's good.

But it's the Non-Vult way that Vult launches the attack on Marc that makes it build a connection in my eyes. The following may get jumbled, but hopefully you'll be able to follow along.

So. Marc quote happens.

Vult votes Marc immediately, only quoting his quote and voting.

Very well.

Unvote; Vote: Marc

Then Vult says to Chibo:
Please ISOread Marc tonight.
And then follows up with an Analysis of Marc's post:

Analysis of that super scummy post by Marc!

[a good analysis of Marc's actions]

Town needs a Marc wagon!
Yes, that's good! I would actually agree with his analysis of Marc. However, there's a BIG difference between how Vult pushes for Marc as compared to how he pushes for other people.

When Vult is poking and prodding other plays, he constantly asks what other people think of them. Here are a few examples:

Summoner, how do you feel about Sworddancer/Xonar?
@ Mayling: Read on HeatStroke?!
Marc is pretty much the ONLY PERSON HE DOESN'T DO THIS FOR.
What does this say about Vult?
Assuming a Vult/Marc connection, Vult is confident because he KNOWS Marc is scum. Therefore he can push for a lynch without hurt because if he manages to get Marc lynched, he'll get GG points and won't be at fault. But if he pushes for a lynch against a townie too much, that lynch is on HIM. This is why he constantly asks for other people's opinions when it comes ot everyone else except Marc. He KNOWS Marc is scum and can push for a lynch as much as he likes.

Not to mention, he super analysis Marc's ONE post, but had just put a "serious" vote on Heatstroke just posts before and was quick to place his vote on Marc. Which, btw, he never really explained.

But wait, there's more!

I just read post 166 and it is amazing.

Interestingly enough, during school yesterday, I tested myself to see how many players in this game I could recall off the top of my head; the only person I couldn't remember is Sworddancer. It's kind of like a lurker test, nyah?

Xonar = Sworddancer, correct?

Vote: Sworddancer

Willing to let Marc go for now.

Sworddancerlurker's more likely to flip scum over Chibolurker.
Chibo comes out with an attack on Vult, which he omguses. but furthermore, even while saying that Chibo is scum, he agrees with Chibo and votes Sworddancer (conveniently taking his vote off Marc.) saying his argument on Sworddancer is genius.

Chibo lynch is cool with me. Even though I think the points he brings up show signs of genuine scumhunting, there really, really is no reason why she/he could have posted it sooner.

My impression = skated through the entire day with nothing for us to read him on, and only finally posts opinions, reads, other content only when there's not enough time to scrutinize his/her posts and get a read on him before deadline. Scummy.
This post above me is incredibly scummy from Vult. He says the whole genuine scumhunting thing, which I have commented on before. but furthermore, WHILE AGREEING WITH CHIBO about Sworddancer, a Chibo lynch is still okay with him.

I still think you're scummy. No buddying here.

If I wanted mislynch that badly I could have jumped on major HeatStroke/Chibo wagons right then and there rather than following a more obscure target.

But I hadn't realized that Sworddancer had only posted four/whatever times and that was enough to make me drop my inkling on Marc to go for a wagon that may actually happen. And that's amazing.
He keeps mentioning how he's willing to let Marc go, let Marc go. Yet out of everyone, Marc was the only one *he* analyzed and said any thorough GOOD scum hunting on. This means he's just sheeping and parroting and following everyone else's bandwagons.

Unvote
Vote: Heatstroke
No vote = no interested in hunting scum = wanting to stay off radar = wanting not to be on anyone's bad side

Of course this is withing reread him and not looking at him much since Marc/Chibo. But yeah.

etc. etc.

Good find.
Back to Heatstroke! Thanks to Summoner, of course. Not because Vult found anything on Heatstroke. Sheeping again.

Btw, Vult didn't really comment on my case when I made my case against Marc. Why was that? Didn't wanna bring Marc back into the spotlight?

So yeah, Vult/Marc. Let's lynch one of those kids! :bee::bee::bee:

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heatstroke as soon as you finish your reread I'll prolly put my vote on Vult.

Also, can someone explain the meme of capping the letters in quoting? I never understood that.

Purple

Hi guys!
*clap clap* good read, make a sequel.

:editing because this was a worthless post anyways, you may infract me if you would like.

Depending on how my class is working out I will have a re-read around 3:00pm EST

Purple

Hi guys!
let's make this quick and painless shall we? =o

MARC!

Vote: Chibo

Start posting.
although it's only been a page in 40ppp, already stalking about inactivity. Reaching for evidence against people

HeatStroke's comment about 6 vs 3 stands out.
While this comment 'stands out' it's never brought up again.

I wouldn't lose sleep over lynching HS, even moreso because we need a consensus at some point and his flip will give us new leads
This lynch only a page ago was something he was very unsure about. No one is generally connected to one another at this time.

I also knew I was opening myself up for a vote considering I haven't posted that much either, which Vult capitalized on immediately.
You sound.. happy about this vote on you

It's a very bad assumption because in years of playing I've never seen a 9-player setup with 3 Mafia. That'd mean only one mislynch. I'm wondering why HS went out of his way to assure us he has no idea what he's talking about.
Even after hearing my Epicmafia comment, you find the need to pressure this harder.

Yes, I do think it's more likely he's a bad/new player. Yes, I wouldn't mind him dying. He has dominated discussion all day, doesn't seem to be a great asset and of course I'm not 100% sure about his alignment either
You just said i'm stupid, considering all of you are smart players, wouldn't mafia keep me in check, regardless of my previous idiocy?. Why would you want someone you're not 100% on for a lynch? Are you just mindlessly agreeing?

It's stupid to only look at data that supports your theories and sets you up for the well-known tunnel vision. I make "excuses" for other players because I don't want to lynch innocent players.
Contradiction, you had no problem with my lynch earlier in this day, however now you're playing nice town not wanting to lynch 'in - no - cent - pee - poh'

Most of the case against HS was based on RVS,
excerpt of his case on mayling, although he brings this up as my lynch is not feasible, he was okay with it before.

i'm disappointed marc wasn't here for my lynch, i'm curious if he would've bit to it.

Regardles, he has been consistent on the Mayling vote, regardless of how the lynch went, except for his potential lean to Vult. He's actually looking pretty good right now, however he needs to actually discuss his Mayling FoS more.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 6, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/8 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 3:
ChiboSempai: (0)
HeatStroke: Vult Redux (:041:)
Kataefi: (0)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: Mayling (:041:)
SummonerAU: Kataefi (:041:)
Vult Redux: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Marc, Xonar (:041: :041: :041: :041:)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: SummonerAU (:041:)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Ends & Night 3 Begins!

Day 2 Vote Count 3:

Marc: (0)
Vult Redux: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Marc, Xonar, Mayling (:041: :041: :041: :041: :041:)

The group takes there time, working well into the day to find their target.

It is now Twilight 2. Please send any actions to me by 11:59PM EST 05.04.10.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Xonar's vote was right after 2 vote counts ago

and before this

Heatstroke as soon as you finish your reread I'll prolly put my vote on Vult.

Also, can someone explain the meme of capping the letters in quoting? I never understood that.
which likely meant that you were already aware of vults status

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I went to the vote count before this one, the one with the three votes. Like when I said to HS, I said "I'll place my vote on Vult after your reread on marc." I didn't realize it was hammer, which I prolly woulda said "I'll hammer Vult after your reread on marc."

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Deadline has been set for May 6, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/8 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 3:
Marc: Mayling (:041:)
Vult Redux: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Marc, Xonar (:041: :041: :041: :041:)

One zubat
Two zubats
Three zubats
Four zubats

There are four zubats!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I went to the vote count before this one, the one with the three votes. Like when I said to HS, I said "I'll place my vote on Vult after your reread on marc." I didn't realize it was hammer, which I prolly woulda said "I'll hammer Vult after your reread on marc."

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
vult needs to be on...

Vult: alignment - what are you going to flip?

if you're town:- suspicions ONLY please and why would be great

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to say, I find it odd that Kat and Chibo both popped out right when Vult got lynched to be all like "ohhhh gosh what u doing thar maymay"

ODD I say!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
may to be honest lol I see it as a genuine mistake but if the NK is successful what position does this put us for town? would it be mylo?

I'm seeing problems if this is the case because our suspects are scattered - the extension I hoped was to whittle down suspects so town was more cohesive.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
may I popped up because I wanted to explain my case on summoner until I refreshed, this whole event was unexpected how would we know to 'pop up' on such an unexpected event?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I want that question answered as well please may because this is a bad bad position to be in

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You really don't get Kat's ques do u?

It's very legit.

The fact that you've neglected to answer is very... interesting.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
xonar I'm not explaining anything in twilight, vult needs to be here explaining things to us

may... yes because I don't actually know the terminology... is it mylo as in we get one more lynch tomorrow?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
You really don't get Kat's ques do u?

It's very legit.

The fact that you've neglected to answer is very... interesting.
omg are you serious?

I understand it's legit but we also have to see if the twilight prince will pull thru and protect. I guess it would be mylo, but then all sorts of stuff can happen with the prince. That's why it's confusing.

Top Bottom