• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I'm up for that anytime between the 21st and the 27th =]

Btw guys, I think that if wollongong ever creates an epic smash crew we would all have to wear this shirt. Nothing says awesome smash skills like a gorilla high fiving a shark with explosions in the background.
ill pass on the shirt for now

planetstereo

Smash Ace
TC, hypothetically speaking, if you were to come to a smash meet soon, you could come under the guise of getting "tutoring". Pretty much all of us have done the HSC already and some of us actually did well in some things (believe it or not). We'll definetly give you help in between games if your up for it......Hypothetically of course

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
TC, hypothetically speaking, if you were to come to a smash meet soon, you could come under the guise of getting "tutoring". Pretty much all of us have done the HSC already and some of us actually did well in some things (believe it or not). We'll definetly give you help in between games if your up for it......Hypothetically of course
speak for yourself, i went horrible in every single subject i did :bee:

Toby.

Smash Master
Interesting proposition! Sounds like a good excuse. Turtle, you can tutor me in smash ;)

Toby.

Smash Master
Advanced English, English Ext 1, Modern History, Extension History, Society and Culture (lol!), and Drama.

No maths or science. I'm a freak.

edit: people probably won't want to be spending much time talking about school. If the matches are half interesting it'll probably be pretty hard for me to learn as well. So know that I'll be coming even if we don't talk about my subjects at all :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol @ no academics. You sound like one of my friends cept he's got general maths.

I did a mix of both. Now I'm really liking the arts.
<3

Toby.

Smash Master
I actually like science quite a lot. It just turned out like that due to what subjects were available at what times.

I really regret Society and Culture though. It's the biggest common sense course ever. I should have picked up chem or bio instead.

Deidara is great :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOL I could do with some common sense <3
Bio is better than Chem. Unless you really like Essay Writing and have a talent to waffle alot *chuckle*

Yey! Dei-Dei fan count + 1!
hmmm!

Toby.

Smash Master
LOL I could do with some common sense <3
Bio is better than Chem. Unless you really like Essay Writing and have a talent to waffle alot *chuckle*

Yey! Dei-Dei fan count + 1!
hmmm!
My subjects are entirely reliant on waffling! Maybe chem would have been the way to go...but then again I like sciences for their lack of waffle, so I suppose I'd end up regretting it.

Deidara should have been a main villain. Mouth hands, living explosives and 'hmm!' are all more interesting than the sharingan. It's more broken than metaknight :ohwell:

Dedu

Smash Lord
Man I so agree with you there. Kishi did waaaaaay better job on Deidara than on Oro.

Sure Oro was kick *** and all that but he doesn't hold a candle to who Dei Dei is! Oro was the flamboyant villian, trying to kick *** everywhere but never landing a hit! Not one battle I have seen has Oro ever won in...

But Dei-Dei had an epic battle with Gaara. That I liked how he treated the whole battle - 'Art is a bang! Hmm!'
He would be awesome as a main villian. Oro is too much... Voldy. Snake villians have been abused to death. Now... tongues in hands and a crazy personality to match... Now that's a real regenade!
hmmm...

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
come on people, dont let me down.... someone has to host... I would if i didnt live at home. Come on, I need the practise before saturdays tournament

Toby.

Smash Master
Chris, you can come over to my place tomorrow if you want. We could have an intense training session :chuckle:

I have an exam from 9:20-11:30, so ill probably get home anywhere between 12:30 and 1:00. Anytime after that is just fine.

I used to use G&W. I could give you some tips :)

xeno

Smash Ace
When I first met ComboTurtle and I heard he was from Wollongag I laughed for about a minute before Kulla or Jaz or someone said "Yes, that's a real place."
:)

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
yeah ok tc, if your up for it, i'll be there. prolly round 5:30 6? that good for you? good luck in the hsc tomorrow as well...

jamus

Smash Apprentice
When I first met ComboTurtle and I heard he was from Wollongag I laughed for about a minute before Kulla or Jaz or someone said "Yes, that's a real place."
I cant believe you had never heard of us. We're not that far away from you guys!!

To Tcranter: good luck in your HSC. Hope you do well!!

English was always the worst (for me). I did maths, maths ext, bio, chem and music - pretty much oppposite to your subjects.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
I spend half my life in Wollongong and half in Sydney, so I think that I can be the Judge and say WOLLONGONG IS BETTER, hands down.
Don't be jelous Xeno
Wollongong Pride for the win....

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I grew up in Wollongong, moved to Sydney when i was about fourteen... I say Sydney is much better...more of everything

Toby.

Smash Master
i wouldnt mind trying out my diddy :)
Diddy is the devil. The Devil.

I would actually prefer to play metaknight to diddy. But meh. I suppose I've got to get banana ***** sooner or later :bee:

Edit: Oh and chris all's good for smash today. It won't be able to go until particularly late thanks to those super fun exams on monday, but it'll be a fine warmup for the tournament at any rate.

You guys are welcome to come if you want, but warilla is quite a way away from you city folk ;)

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
im available anytime today. didnt go to work. so now the time is up to you. Im good to go anytime between now onwards.

Toby.

Smash Master
Moar importantly, who can host the next smash meet?

idontgottaname, turtle (i think?) and I can't host. Which generous fellow wants to step up to the plate?

chris, last time I heard it was just combo and you going.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Moar importantly, who can host the next smash meet?

idontgottaname, turtle (i think?) and I can't host. Which generous fellow wants to step up to the plate?

chris, last time I heard it was just combo and you going.
Well, since planetstereo doesn't own a wii, I think you subtley trying to give me a hint!

Anyway, next Saturday or possibly Friday night I could probably host. But like before, I've only got one TV available for play...so you guys will have to put up with that.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
hahahaha
its really cause my parents think i am a good student who doesnt play games.........and i dont own a wii, always a problem there. but if i did i would, believe you me.
BTW, has jamus been having awsome lagful wifi matches, im begining to get worried cause i havent heard anything...

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Planetstereo the usb cant connect to windows vista!

Apparently "Nintendo's engineers are currently working on a solution to this problem" or something like that it says on the nintendo website.

Hopefully they'll release a download soon...

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Planetstereo the usb cant connect to windows vista!

Apparently "Nintendo's engineers are currently working on a solution to this problem" or something like that it says on the nintendo website.

Hopefully they'll release a download soon...
darnnit, well i guess they will find a solution soon(*hope*)

Top Bottom