• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
So many wollongong players. Almost too many. Any sort of melee/brawl gathering would be impossible due to the insane logistics involved in getting so many people into one house.

That having been said, it sounds like a fun time. I'm actually from warilla, but I'm in wollongong every day so its basically the same as living there.

We should have a few games sometime.
i dont think you added my email its l_ltommol_l@hotmail.com

planetstereo

Smash Ace
ct, thats near the pcwc in north gong isnt it?
just a thought, but would they let us use their rooms and stuff for smash sessions?
they got the rooms and they might just let us
???
its worth a try

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ct, thats near the pcwc in north gong isnt it?
just a thought, but would they let us use their rooms and stuff for smash sessions?
they got the rooms and they might just let us
???
its worth a try
i dunno what the pcwc is but my house is open for a few smash sessions if u guys can let me know when you're up for it. I'd prefer to be playing melee but it seems like you're all brawl fans, so either way is fine.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
i dunno what the pcwc is but my house is open for a few smash sessions if u guys can let me know when you're up for it. I'd prefer to be playing melee but it seems like you're all brawl fans, so either way is fine.
police city youth centre like less than a block from your house, not that it matters really im sure your house is not as bad as you say.

Toby.

Smash Master
i dont think you added my email its l_ltommol_l@hotmail.com
I found it somewhere else actually. now i have two i guess.

the pcwc could be good, though we would need numbers to make it worthwhile. 5 isn't a very big gathering.

i wouldn't mind melee, but i haven't played it for months. I don't like being reminded how superior it is. I'd be happier with brawl. both would be cool though.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Melee fan D:

Been playing more Fox recently cause I want to be pro with him, I need more exp though, maybe me & SS Ben could come down one day and give you some Melee love

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I'm a Melee fan D:

Been playing more Fox recently cause I want to be pro with him, I need more exp though, maybe me & SS Ben could come down one day and give you some Melee love
yeah i know you guys are melee fans, thatd be awesome maybe you could bring igif and his friend pain aswell?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Oh god
you don't want to vs IGIF
seriously his Fox is grab to fthrow or dash attack with the occasional full jumped aerial and random shine worked in there.. and somehow he gets away with it and does alright.. me & Ben hate playing him now cause its no fun haha

but when he plays Peach he does better with it since Peach is like perfect for him and fthrow is a good ko move

.. Seriously he's not very technical at all lol it's like well placed spam which he somehow gets away with

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Oh god
you don't want to vs IGIF
seriously his Fox is grab to fthrow or dash attack with the occasional full jumped aerial and random shine worked in there.. and somehow he gets away with it and does alright.. me & Ben hate playing him now cause its no fun haha

but when he plays Peach he does better with it since Peach is like perfect for him and fthrow is a good ko move

.. Seriously he's not very technical at all lol it's like well placed spam which he somehow gets away with
haha yeah, i wanna play him anyways.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
anyways ill say this here, if anyone is keen for smash at mine this friday or saturday during the day im free all day friday and until like 6 on saturday i have 3 tvs well 2 are probably usable but yeah anyways all wollongong people are welcome.

edit: and i can pick people up from north gong station if need be.

message me on msn if you wanna come

jamus

Smash Apprentice
hey Comboturtle nice picture and update!

Could I come over Friday night? Im sure planetstereo could come as well. If not then maybe next week because I am working heaps on saturday.

Can you please update me with:
Melee mains: Link, Falco
Brawl mains: Link, Pikachu, Ike
msn: james_c777@hotmail.com

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
k so far for tomorrow we have jamus confirmed and planetstereo probably coming aswell and ofcourse ill be there but jamus said he'll be there at around 6:30 pm and i dont know if tc or i dontgottaname are coming as of yet.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I was, but something incredibly boring + entirely complusory came up.

Combo, do you have the tech to record some matches during the next smash session? That would be sweet.

nope but i could get the neccessary tech

p.s tc you missed out on the wollongong open lolz

planetstereo

Smash Ace
thanks for coming today guys and good games, slave you should come to one of our meets :p
thanks for having us at your house, can tell you did a hell of a lot of cleanup just for some smashing. still your way out of any of our leagues (jamus was the only one to come close to beating him and that only once - we gotta get better...). anyway thanks for the tips even if they were just standard stuff, it helps.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
i think that idontgottaname and i are fairly close matchup, so at least i wasn't completely outclassed last night. hazzah
your fair good idontgottaname, dont take it the wrong way.

Toby.

Smash Master
Hahaha Combo we both know I would have won anyway. Pokemon Trainer is unstoppable, especially against weak characters like metaknight. He can't kill and has one of the worst recoveries in the game. I don't know how you can use him, to be honest.

Seriously though, I see some matches on the horizon. Should be good :)

planetstereo

Smash Ace
jamus and i ended up going to boost, was fun I guess, we pretty much got completely snapped, (jamus one a couple but thats it) and the only matches i won we not official and so dont count, but i expected as much and still had fun. shaya is heaps eccentric type, never would have picked that one. lol funny guy
anyway im gonna try to work on some counterpick characters and get good at them.
wollongong is going to take sydney down.....woot

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
shaya is heaps eccentric type, never would have picked that one. lol funny guy
Thanks :). I am normal though, sometimes, probably wasn't the best day to meet me :laugh:

Thanks again for coming and doing the long treck to make it there and I hope to see you guys soon, hopefully proving us Sydneyers suck compared to the woolongongers :).

Sorry to Jamus that I kept forgetting his name, the amount of times he came up to me reporting his score and I was like 'name?' and when he said Jamus I was like oh yeah, ughhh.

Hope you are training up your top, high, mid and low tier characters for the tournament changarz :D

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
thanks for having us at your house, can tell you did a hell of a lot of cleanup just for some smashing. still your way out of any of our leagues (jamus was the only one to come close to beating him and that only once - we gotta get better...). anyway thanks for the tips even if they were just standard stuff, it helps.

cleaning wasnt for the smash plus you should see the house now, its clean as a whistle and smells like some floor cleaning product or something.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Turtle your house is clean as a whistle? Thats great! And I hope this means you have taken out the trash in the kitchen!!

Shaya thats ok for forgetting my name. I think the new "tier" tournaments are a great idea. Maybe my Link can go decent in the low tier tournament...I'll practise with pika for the high tier matches.

Planetstereo we need more teams practice...this time with friendly fire ON!!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
only someone as openly homosexual as shaya would want to run low tier tournaments in brawl thats like putting slowmo in 1/2 speed mode.

Top Bottom