• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
well my holidays are only for this week so i think that jamus is on to something,
that is if my mother doesnt make some crazy last minute holiday plans involving Jervis bay and (more importantly) surfing at Jervis bay.

this friday is a no go for me as im going back down to ulladulla for a 21st so yeah, not for me... but that doesnt mean you guys cant organise something :dizzy:

jamus

Smash Apprentice
tcranter and idontgotaname you guys can come over mine if you want this Friday night (if you are willing to travel to Balgownie)

I only have one TV available so we will prob have lots of all-in brawls as well as one on ones.

If you guys come there will be 4 of us (including planetstereo)

Toby.

Smash Master
Hm...Dinner is at 6:30, so the earliest I can get there afterwards will probably be like 8:30. 9 Is probably more realistic :(

Massive fail.

If it ends anytime after 9:00 I can give Idontgotaname a lift home at least.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Hm...Dinner is at 6:30, so the earliest I can get there afterwards will probably be like 8:30. 9 Is probably more realistic :(

Massive fail.

If it ends anytime after 9:00 I can give Idontgotaname a lift home at least.
speaking of which, when do we have to be at your house jamus?? i still have to get some assignment action going which is a real issue at the moment.

BTW guys, jamus's house is like really messy, i hope you all can cope cause there is like junk everywhere and no-one sweeps the floor or anything so there is broken glass and old bits of what once was a sofa lying around. that parts not so bad cause its still comfortable if you know how to sit on it, anyway its really dirty, come prepared.....

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Say around 7:30 - 8:00?

Edit: speaking of assignments, I should be doing my finance assignment now, that is why Im at uni!!

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
do i need to bring my wii? actually, i might, cos i have a code that lets you save longer replays. incase we have any good matches. 730-8, ill probably only play well for like 30 minutes. i suck very quickly when i get tired

Where abouts? and could you pick me up form the train station or something? can i have your phone number please? pm me it

Toby.

Smash Master
Good stuff guys, it was great to finally play you all. I just wish I could have made it there before 10 :(

Thanks again jamus for letting us use your house the night before a 6am start.

Wollongong smash ftw!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
BTW guys, if Craig was a little bit rude/irritable/ arrogant at the last meet, it was because you pissed him of in the game, not in person. He thinks you guys are nice guys, just the fact that he couldnt lay a finger on TCR made him rethink his existence in smash to some extent. He use to be the king of smash (aka in the time when we were all 31337-N00bs). So dont take it personally...
I also happend to know for a fact that he went home and practiced really hard afterwards....

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
dear wollongong smash people, i am definately keen to hold / go to another meet some time soon ill just have to talk to my room mates and sort out a good time, if any of you guys are keen to hold a meet i'd be more than happy to attend and could bring wii/brawl/melee etc anyways yeah <3

also im going to the smash boost thing on the 19th to own some noobs, however i cant take anyone up with me because im going to a birthday get together thing the night before, but yeah, you should all come and show that wollongong is the worst best smash community in all of australia

Toby.

Smash Master
but yeah, you should all come and show that wollongong is the best smash community in the whole world.
Fixed.

Boost is the day before my english paper 2 exam. That probably means that its out of the question. This school thing sure does get in the way a lot.

Oh and planet: its fine, really. I was pretty tight lipped in those early matches, which never helps to ease the tension. I can take brawl a bit too seriously sometimes as well :urg:
It's good to hear that he's been practising. A bit of friendly competition is always good.

About the next meet. HSC exams dominate my timetable at the moment, but I have a gap from tuesday the 21st to monday the 27th. A meet around then (preferable not sunday or monday though) would be fine.

Chris: ^ methinks it wont be an option :(

planetstereo

Smash Ace
boost is the day before my english paper 2 exam. That probably means that its out of the question. This school thing sure does get in the way a lot.

Oh and planet: its fine, really. I was pretty tight lipped in those early matches, which never helps to ease the tension. I can take brawl a bit too seriously sometimes as well :urg:
It's good to hear that he's been practising. A bit of friendly competition is always good.

About the next meet. HSC exams dominate my timetable at the moment, but I have a gap from tuesday the 21st to monday the 27th. A meet around then (preferable not sunday or monday though) would be fine.

Chris, as you probably guessed I can't make it to the act tournament. :(
thanks TCR, its good to know. anyway, get some work done for your HSC, its important for your future and stuff like that. And besides, everyone knows that i was a terrible study freak during my HSC. Not much has changed you know....lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes, I admire a man who loves a character, just like how I love Marth. :)

I understand the HSC will halt a lot of people, but depending on how you study and how you work, and also what you are capable of, taking the day off will either not benefit you or will. I only did my HSC last year, I did some brief study daily, except the day or two before, and then reread my notes on the trip to the exam. I did reasonably well. If this doesn't work for you though, you should stay home and study. :)

Toby.

Smash Master
As long as you don't mind me chain grabbing Squirtle to death :D
I won't lie: every chain grab on your end with be a bitter tear on mine.

But fear not. I shall freeze those tears and fashion from them a mighty sculpture in my comrade's image. Then in a symbolic act of acceptance I shall break the sculpture into many tiny ice cubes to cool drinks with, from which will spawn an amazing party.

Hm.

Maybe I just won't use squirtle very much :ohwell:

planetstereo

Smash Ace
oh, by the way (so may of those today, maybe in getting old) jamus,as of last nights birthday party is now very capable of wifi battles, dont listen to his excuses and make sure he has some major fun lag matches for the win. woot.
Ad on a side note i had what i would count as my first fair and square win over jamus's link last night, he came back the next round to kick my but though, quite the lol.

Toby.

Smash Master
oh, by the way (so may of those today, maybe in getting old) jamus,as of last nights birthday party is now very capable of wifi battles, dont listen to his excuses and make sure he has some major fun lag matches for the win. woot.
I'm almost always up for lag-fi.

The joy of super slow mo without having to go to special brawl :bee:

We should have an epic FFA sometime. Rawk smash luurves FFA.

Edit: congrats on your win :)

Top Bottom