• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tucson melee weeklies

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
and I thought Dark Shifter posting in a Tucson Thread from Gilbert was a little odd....

....then we get a random Canadian Smasher extending Ganon challenges.

Re:Kithkin

Smash Cadet
I posted a while ago but none of you payed attention.

My grandparents have a second house down here and I said I come here usually once a year, and would love to play good smashers, (canada sucks lol)

Edit: so do I lol

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i love canada! lets play whenever you come down here bro

also, sorry about no smash today guys, i had so much **** to do...i'm aiming towards this weekend, i have to go to phoenix tomorrow and so friday after my test would be awesome, so like 2 and later. Keep me posted, and I'll let oters know too

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
free after 2 tmrw if anyone wants a little smash on campus action before the big one on saturday. should be a good turn out too

only people i want to come that don't know if they will is sean and chris (and tommy if he ends up needing a ride). also, a place to have it would be good. we can do it on campus in my lounge again, but i've gathered that its not as central as i once thought, so brainstorm go!

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
ok the time is nigh, on saturday(and little stuff until then) im finally gonna be moving into that house so we can start having a weekly same place same time every week, im thinking friday nights, im not sure what time to start though i work until 9, but enrique or ty can run it till i get there, and this way we can start the power rankings for tucson

if anyone has any imput let me know

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
It should be Saturdays, so I can come play.

Also, is anyone planning anything this weekend, I know some people are helping Jade move.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
nothing for me this weekend; fridays work for me fairly well so that would be cool jade. also if you need any help i might be able to just give me a text or call

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
dude im way stoked on the tucson weeklies revival, its a total BK my roommate's a douche and we cant do them at my new place

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
bk-boner killer

from what i understand for power rankings we just do a round robin every week and the turn out is the rankings and everyweek we can see how much people have improved

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
yeah you have to face everyone that way we get the points and what not so itll be easier that way, least thats how i would do them, idk does jackie have another way? hmmmm. . . .?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Traditionally, just a selected group of panelists vote for who is the best. That's usually to circumvent the issue of people not getting to play each in equal amounts. Round Robin is the next best thing to tournament results though, so when we're able to pull them off we'll use them.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so depending on how quickly my gf and i get stuff put away this week i might have a smashfest this weekend, but they might start next week. . .all depends on how quickly i get **** done

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i prolly can't this weekend, if i'm going to phoenix in two weeks, which i am, so thats the compromise with my gf lol

but i could prolly go out under another pretense :D (jade, need some help moving? haha)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
haha well we got it all in the house its just figureing out where to put it is the problem, also were gonna have at least 2 setups that are always recording btw

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
dude awesome, then i can get critiqued! live advice is always welcome too

where is your new place located at?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
i prolly can't this weekend, if i'm going to phoenix in two weeks, which i am, so thats the compromise with my gf lol

but i could prolly go out under another pretense :D (jade, need some help moving? haha)
So are you good for People Mover then?

Also Nick, the other Pieman might be, or should have PM'd you about People Mover aswell.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
my place has 2 address i found out today, imma update the OP with the 2 addresses im not sure which one is on google maps(is the best), i dont have internet yet and my phone doesnt support any map sites 8( so check out the first post fools!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So we should plan something for Saturday. Time? Place is now Jade's right? I need to arrange a ride with someone to take me to Jade's, I can meet you somewhere. Then someone has to take me to my mom's work when we finish at whatever time in the morning.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
the thing with saturdays is i work at 8am on sundays so i generally dont like staying up too late but if you ask ty or enrique im easily persuaded to stay up lol, but this saturday im busy all day 8(

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
not saturday for me unless we finish early, but im not sure how long ill be occupied, but friday there will be some, if you can make it thatd be awesome!

side note edited the first post again

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't think I can do Fridays. I would have to stay at someone's house from Friday night until like 3 or 4 Sunday morning, where someone would have to take me to mom's work.

I have school friday until 3:05, and I'm not sure if I could even convince my mom to take me into town.

Saturdays are my only real good day.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
read the first post lol, friday night i have ample sleeping for people and idc if they stay on fri night sat night not so much cuz i gotta leave early and i dont wanna have to drop people off before work lol

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
tommy, you should get a license! and so is this or isn't it starting this friday? like you said me and danger would have no problem watching your house for you until you got off

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
this friday is a go, no matter what, if we havent finished unpacking mind the mess but we should be done, and chandler will be home this friday so no worries about that this week

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
talk to ty he should be able to. . . and if hes not down to drop you off saturday before i start that **** ill drop off

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
double post,

so im not gonna be able to house a smashfest tonight, im way too tired, and my house isnt fully unpacked yet, so we can start em back up next week

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Since Jade's isn't available, people are welcome to smash at my place instead.

*edit*

I find extremely ****ing uncool that Enrique, Ty, and Jade are unwilling to drive down to my side of town, when my side of town has been willing to commute to their side of town for every smashfest. Seriously, you're all too ****ing stingy. You all have jobs, and cars, where none of us do. Man up.

The only person who has a legitimate transportation is Tommy. Nobody else should ****ing complain about which side of town they live on.

Top Bottom