• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tucson melee weeklies

forward

Smash Champion
Chill out, Xander. Everyone has a life outside of smash. You don't know what their circumstances are to out right just call them stingy. I agree with you that they have been missing from the gathering's lately and it's dissapointing, but I just think there are better ways to go about that.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Since Jade's isn't available, people are welcome to smash at my place instead.

*edit*

I find extremely ****ing uncool that Enrique, Tai, and Jade are unwilling to drive down to my side of town, when my side of town has been willing to commute to their side of town for every smashfest. Seriously, you're all too ****ing stingy. You all have jobs, and cars, where none of us do. Man up.

The only person who has a legitimate transportation is Tommy. Nobody else should ****ing complain about which side of town they live on.
Spell his name correctly, lol.

Makin' me think that you're hatin' on me :laugh:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Chill out, Xander. Everyone has a life outside of smash. You don't know what their circumstances are to out right just call them stingy. I agree with you that they have been missing from the gathering's lately and it's dissapointing, but I just think there are better ways to go about that.
Forrest had been calling/texting them all that afternoon. It was literally just a case of them not willing to drive down to this side of town. Nothing else.

Unless they want to call me out on that, This is the info I got from Forrest before he left around 8.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Since Jade's isn't available, people are welcome to smash at my place instead.

*edit*

I find extremely ****ing uncool that Enrique, Ty, and Jade are unwilling to drive down to my side of town, when my side of town has been willing to commute to their side of town for every smashfest. Seriously, you're all too ****ing stingy. You all have jobs, and cars, where none of us do. Man up.

The only person who has a legitimate transportation is Tommy. Nobody else should ****ing complain about which side of town they live on.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. (wiki it if you don't know what it means dammit)

Since they are the only ones with cars and jobs, they're the only ones that even make a decision about driving to the other side of town.

Nobody without a car and job can say, "If I had a car and job I would drive across town." The fact is, they don't so they can't honestly say so because they don't personally know how it feels to have the two responsibilities. Driving across town for smash isn't always worth it when you're tired from working all day. Sometimes you just wanna get home and sleep, **** your girlfriend, whatever. The people that are always willing to commute do so because they're not the ones busy/tired from working or doing the actual driving behind the wheel.

Random traffic johns: Eastbound traffic is much more limited than westbound traffic in the evening. In Tucson, the industrial/commercial sectors are generally on the west side of town. After about 3 p.m. on Mon-Thur and noon on Fri, eastbound traffic is highly congested from people trying to get home from work. What would be a 40 minute drive before noon would take twice as long in the afternoon. I-10 is blocked off from Prince to 29th, so there is no available shortcut for the next few years. Eastbound Grant Road, which used to be one of the fastest routes, is now one of the slowest. One of the lanes is in construction, so the traffic is narrower and therefore more congested. Traffic cones are in the way and the speed limit is reduced from 40-45 m.p.h. to 25. Long story short, it takes twice as much time to get to the eastside from the westside than it takes to get to the westside from the eastside, even if you take the same roads. None of what I mentioned in the previous paragraph goes through the mind of someone who doesn't drive.

Lol why'd I even write all that I'm stupid. I'm just procrastinating on the news story I have to go cover in an hour. Anyways I thought I'd post that to save the westsiders a few breaths of excuses/johns/wtfever-you-wanna-call-it.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
well jackie does bring up a solid point, and i did answer forrests text yesterday xander and i told him im not smashin i have to finish unpacking(still havent had time) and then i worked again at 4-9 and i need sleep so i came home and slept all night, and the nights id be willing to drive over to yourside of town would be nights i dont work at ******** in the morning the next days so friday but ive been working for 11 hours already, and my car can only fit 1 other person besides me

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i drive to east side but i get left out lol

all good, i'll go wherever for smash, but usually my car is being used by my gf and her friends, cuz i'm nice like that. however, when i have a car, while it is small, i don't mind giving rides at all, and sure it sucks, but i do it cuz i'm a nice guy, and i can't say no lol (i'm getting better!) I wish i could make it out more, since xander's seems to be more of a medium point distance wise than ty's house in terms of people from east side...and many of us aren't that far anyway, so I would be willing to give rides to people from UofA and westward to east places, or vice versa, most times, so just let me know!

I wish shiv had texts, i hate talking on the phone lol

also: forward: what are your ideas for next weekend's tournament - as it is now, I'm giving tommy and his friend (tommy) and you a ride, but trying to work out a place to do that...no idea where you live but i think its close to jackie? anyway just let me know we'll work something out

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i drive to east side but i get left out lol

all good, i'll go wherever for smash, but usually my car is being used by my gf and her friends, cuz i'm nice like that. however, when i have a car, while it is small, i don't mind giving rides at all, and sure it sucks, but i do it cuz i'm a nice guy, and i can't say no lol (i'm getting better!) I wish i could make it out more, since xander's seems to be more of a medium point distance wise than ty's house in terms of people from east side...and many of us aren't that far anyway, so I would be willing to give rides to people from UofA and westward to east places, or vice versa, most times, so just let me know!

I wish shiv had texts, i hate talking on the phone lol

also: forward: what are your ideas for next weekend's tournament - as it is now, I'm giving tommy and his friend (tommy) and you a ride, but trying to work out a place to do that...no idea where you live but i think its close to jackie? anyway just let me know we'll work something out
If you have room, I'd like to get a ride up to people mover, as well. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use my mom's care this time around.

Also; Just to clarify, I wasn't bagging on jade, since I saw his posts about not being finished unpacking/work/etc. I was just irritated with Ty and Enrique being unwilling to drive to this side of town, when we've been faithful in finding ways to their side of town for each smashfest.

I suppose I did add in Jade's name to my ragefit. My bad. >>

forward

Smash Champion
Piman: I can either bus to your place on saturday morning, or you can pick me up. Just gimme a call and lemme know what's easiest for you. 520-979-9903

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i have a 2-door car holding 4 people (including me) xander, so idk if you would fit lol...i mean ask tommy and his friend tommy and sean if they want to be squeezed for the 2 hours up lol...if they are i would be willing to give u one

@sean: when is a good time to call, cuz i think it depends on what time we have to leave from tucson in order to get there, I'm thinking that bussing over would be easiest since then i have to go get tommy too...but he's trying to find a way to maybe be here for the weekly the night before and just stay here, that would be easier, either way is fine with me, but do you live much further than jackie? cuz i could prolly get to you in about 20-30 min then take that to get back to the campus, then another half hour to get tommy, so an additional hour and a half to the ride? let me know if my times are off lol idk what traffic's like or anything, but yeah i'll try to get it worked out lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'd like to go, but I'd rather not be squeezed in the back, y'know? =x

I'll see what I can do regarding transportation later this week.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I am leaving for Mesa on Friday afternoon, sometime around 4 or 6. I can seat 5.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Nick, if I'm not able to stay the night in town Friday, where would you like Tommy and I to meet you at in the morning?

I'm sure you'll want it to be a place that gets onto the freeway easily, last time when I went to Phoenix with Phillipe, Sean and James, we met at Oracle+Prince, then just took Prince right to the freeway. We met on the southeast corner, there's some random Mexican food (?) restaurant there, and there is a gas station on Prince before getting on the freeway. I don't know if that's cool with you, think about it, Map Quest it, see what works out.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah dude that's fine, i know where that is, we can plan on that if it doesn't work out for you to be here, that's more than reasonable I think. Yeah I'll get sean to me somehow then meet you two for sure

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
cool.

I think Tommy and I might go to Jade's, and then head back to his place. Jade's isn't as far as I originally thought it was. I thought he moved further east, but really, it was more northwest.

And we have a time that we want to leave town right? What time should we meet at Oracle+Prince?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
not sure on time yet, waiting to finish talking with sean before i set it in stone, but somewhere around 9:30 I'm thinking we would leave, so maybe 9:15 be there? not 100% though

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so friday is happening this week for those who wanna come, i wont be able to pick anyone up for this since i work till 9 but i can drop a few people off, my car barely fits just me in it. . .

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
cool, what time are you expecting the festivities to start? I'm pretty much free to do stuff after 3pm tomorrow.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey i'll need directions, and since i'll try not to go the back courtyard thats not really a courtyard, may i call you tomrrow evening jade? lol

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
People who are riding with me:

Xander
Forrest
Sean?

Let me know. Remember, I'm leaving tomorrow and coming back Sunday, so make arrangements.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I can house you, but I'm really far from Shiv's.

However, it doesn't matter because Xander is housing with me, so he's going to have to come get you anyway.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so piman, basically take euclid/first to wetmore take wetmore west until you pass romero, then its the first left(hard to see) and turn right instantly follow it all the way to the white house on the left, big dirt lot in front possibly tys jeep in yard or carport

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
IGNORE WHAT I SAID BEFORE

Pokey has a 6-seater truck, all you guys can stay at my house.

p.s.

Shotgun, no battle. Does that count on the internet?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
no its not as far west as the 10, would anyone mind starting this at around 830ish? lemme know, also lemme know who alls planning on attending?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Anybody wanna smash sometime between now and the smashfest? I was supposed to busy today but I finished a bunch of stuff and don't remember the rest of what I was supposed to do besides go buy some coffee tables haha. Falcon techchases are too fun.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
coops? forrests? idk but theres no way im not going to xmen and i cant go to axe effect anyways i have to work a gun show 8(

Top Bottom