• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I jog and bike alot now but that's probably not enough, to be honest.

Off-day john? C'mon now. You say that too often that it makes the truth that the bad is your average. It's a statement made ignorant to the fact that other people can have bad days when you play good against them. Just don't ever say "bad smash day" again unless you're trolling.
I won't disagree that I play worse on average. :(

Don't end up like one of those Koreans that end up hospitalized because they spend too much time on their computer games. The best players there work out and eat right so they have physical stamina which is indeed needed for video games. If you don't eat then of course you'll pay the consequences. No hypoglycemia johns!
There was no food at my house that day. Didn't go to the grocery store until Monday, actually.

I haven't witnessed you apologize much in the past so it's good to see you step up with that.
I want to be a better person.
Then go play Brawl. Seriously.
I'd like to play Brawl too, but there really aren't anyone near-by me who play the game.

That again is something you need to practice against real people. Or get a pro action replay and turn on infinite shield to practice against that so you can get those timings down.
If Kyle's going to practice with me on a bi-weekly basis, I'll get to. =D

Unfortunately that happens to everyone :/ the ledge hop is the least obvious of a technical blunder but it gets everyone knee'd or bair'd.
to be fair, I'm sure everybody hates this. :(

None of those things are essential except jump cancels and waveshines. Important yes, but pivots? Mind gamey but hardly necessary. You'll only need to worry about polishing those things once you have the basics down, which you still don't have well enough to make you pro. It's like trying to learn Flight of the Bumblebee on an instrument but you can't even play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on tempo without messing up.
Pivot grabbing with Fox and Marth is so good though. It might as well be considered standard.

Also the Flight of the Bumblebee reference made me laugh. <3

Your dd isn't great that I've noticed. Maybe against the other Tucson players but I nair you out of it too easily. Stopping with shield and the out of shield game might be something you could try working on more? I can't analyze that part well though since I haven't played you enough recently.
I've been trying to stop with shield, etc but I usually do it too late and get hit. I'll get the timing down eventually.

If you watch my recent games vs Kyle, I was trying it alot.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I just assumed Mango works out because he always wears wifebeaters jajaja. Hell if I know. Maybe he's as weak as Ken. But does that mean... he's Asian?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Tournament Results from Chris' Smashfest:
1) Forward
2) GG7
3) Silly Kyle
4) OkamiBW
5) Rubyiris
5) Agent Iron
7) Tommy Der Meister
7) Shiv

AXE 09

Smash Master
I had a talk with a random person not too long ago (this was literally a random person who I had never met before. She was this 40-year-old-looking woman who was REALLY big into health)

We talked, and I told her about the smash community, etc.

Anyways, she ended up telling me that being physically active can actually help your gameplay. Apparently, It will make your mind sharper and more alert to things. She basically told me that if I get a lot of exercise, it will help my melee skills.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
This is what I think the order should be of the PR...tie denotes set between two players to determine placing. Certainly, some people will argue with this, but just a thought on the matter.

1. Forward
2. GamerGuitarist7
3. Jetfour
4. Rubyiris
5. Silly Kyle
6. Shiv
6. OkamiBW
8. Rusty
8. Saet
8. TommyDerMeister
11. Vash
12. Piman
12. Chubbz
12. Jane
12. John M.
16. DerpDaBerp

Not on the list, but active:
-Agent Iron

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
This is what I think the order should be of the PR...tie denotes set between two players to determine placing. Certainly, some people will argue with this, but just a thought on the matter.

1. Forward
2. GamerGuitarist7
3. Jetfour
4. Rubyiris
5. Silly Kyle
6. Shiv
6. OkamiBW
8. Rusty
8. Saet
8. TommyDerMeister
11. Vash
12. Piman
12. Chubbz
12. Jane
12. John M.
16. DerpDaBerp

-Agent Iron
This mostly looks good. Only thing I'd change is putting Forrest at 5 with Kyle. Though Kyle might be a slight bit better now it's pretty close between them imo. And not that you aren't good Rob but I don't think you're above Forrest yet, and especially because he knows the Sheik matchup a lot better than Kyle.

The ties in 12 are mostly alright but I think Chubbz may be starting to pass Nick now. Rusty is always rusty because he rarely/never plays but when he IS playing well...eek I don't want to judge that one, but he's definitely better than Tommy when he is playing well(no offense, Tommy =P). Chris and Jackie might still be tied I don't know <_>. They both do certain things better than the other so that's a hard decision.

Otherwise looks good to ME =P

dairspike

Smash Cadet
Chris deserves better because he does better against better players than me. Except Jeff? Lol you answer that Jeff. I do better versus your Falco than Timmy's for some reason.

At this point I would argue that Kyle is significantly better than Forrest. I don't know why you scrubby Sheiks suck so bad versus their Peaches :p

I think Forrest does better than Rusty in general.

Dammit guys stop letting me use ****ty characters and make me sharpen my Marth and Falcon. You guys get discouraged versus them too easy :( except for everyone better than Chris. My Ganon's semilegit though :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

1. Forward
2. GamerGuitarist7
3. Jetfour
4. Rubyiris
5. Silly Kyle
6. Shiv
6. OkamiBW
8. Rusty
8. Saet
8. TommyDerMeister
11. Vash
12. Piman
12. Chubbz
12. Jane
12. John M.
16. DerpDaBerp

-Agent Iron
Me and Kyle are extremely close in skill. He'll probably pass me if I don't step up my game.

Forrest is still better than Rusty.

Alex is active. Put him under Vash (sean) He doesn't exactly play seriously but his ics are still legit.

Sean and Tommy are debatable imo. I wana see them do some seriouslies.

I think you and Shiv are debatable. You've really improved recently, no joke.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Chris deserves better because he does better against better players than me. Except Jeff? Lol you answer that Jeff. I do better versus your Falco than Timmy's for some reason.

At this point I would argue that Kyle is significantly better than Forrest. I don't know why you scrubby Sheiks suck so bad versus their Peaches :p

I think Forrest does better than Rusty in general.

Dammit guys stop letting me use ****ty characters and make me sharpen my Marth and Falcon. You guys get discouraged versus them too easy :( except for everyone better than Chris. My Ganon's semilegit though :)
Your Ganon and Yoshi are the only secondaries that are problematic for me. I have an easier time with your space animals than your ganon sometimes. :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
This mostly looks good. Only thing I'd change is putting Forrest at 5 with Kyle. Though Kyle might be a slight bit better now it's pretty close between them imo. And not that you aren't good Rob but I don't think you're above Forrest yet, and especially because he knows the Sheik matchup a lot better than Kyle.

The ties in 12 are mostly alright but I think Chubbz may be starting to pass Nick now. Rusty is always rusty because he rarely/never plays but when he IS playing well...eek I don't want to judge that one, but he's definitely better than Tommy when he is playing well(no offense, Tommy =P). Chris and Jackie might still be tied I don't know <_>. They both do certain things better than the other so that's a hard decision.

Otherwise looks good to ME =P
Kyle has definitely surpassed Forrest.

Rusty does better against more people but Tommy randomly ***** Rusty something fierce, but mostly because Rusty sucks **** at the Ganon matchup.

I think Forrest is still better than rob and shiv, but only slightly. Also he's only played with me once in the past month or so but he's still legit.

He sucks horribly at the falcon matchup though, it's hilarious.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Lol i was joking so it's ok bro. I don't take stabs at me or anyone named Kyle seriously. I just like to joke. Like when I told my brother he sucks (because he does), I wasn't being serious.

...mindgames.

And if you guys are doing a challenge system, then I'm calling you out forward! thats right me versus you.
..mano e mano, man to man, just you and me and my GUARDS!

(name that movie)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So you land your drill > shine because the other person made a mistake, by your definition, and you get to punish them. You **** up punishing them and you do 10%.

Once you **** up, which by your definition is not making a mistake but a technical blunder we'll say, they do 20% to a stock to you.

The other person outplays you in the punishment game.

The other problem is that you think you're outplaying someone for getting a couple of reads on them. Of course you are controlling the stage against Chris on FD, it's Falco vs Falcon. Falcon's goal in that match up is to avoid taking damage until you, the Falco, either make a mistake or a technical blunder, and punish you as hard as he can, if he does that then he succeeds. He wins.
Incredible post

1. Forward
2. GamerGuitarist7
3. Jetfour
4. Rubyiris
4. Silly Kyle
6. Spencer
6. Shiv
6. OkamiBW
8. Rusty
9. Saet
10. TommyDerMeister
10. Vash
12. Piman
12. Chubbz
12. Jane
12. John M.
16. DerpDaBerp
My list.

Top 3 is pretty set in stone. I agree with jackie about how i do better against better people (besides jeff >.< however i have taken sets off jeff in tournament!!!) but he ***** me too much with his silliness. Honestly, i think it's because of how often we play, but **** it PLENIP!!!!, i suck for not being able to figure out his style but props to him for knowing how to **** mine. again PLENIPP!!!!!

Xander and Kyle are close right now. I'd say xander is still a little bit better but he probably does better against me because of falco/fox against falcon... Kyle could potentially outgrow his skill level soon though because considering how much he's improved in the past 6 months, i wouldn't be surprised if he continues to get better as fast as he has been.

Rob ****ing surprised me beating xander. i don't think he's better than xander, but he's demonstrated that he's able to somewhat hang with him now. however it's tough to say he's better than spencer considering how spencer has ***** him, and that spencer hangs with xander as well

ShShShShivvv is way too good. I think if he incorporated a couple things to his gameplay, he'd be really ****ing good. Probably better than Rob right now, and close with spencer.

I would put rusty above forrest because rusty is decent against peach, but honestly neither of them are really active enough to compare who is better. **** them both, they suck for being flaky.

Tommy has potential, Sean does too but he's less active than tommy, who lives 240792 miles away. It's a tough one to say in this case. I know Sean probably would beat tommy, and can take matches off spencer and apparently xander, but i think tommy is just inconsistent with the **** so if he were on his game he'd be able to hang with most of mid tucson pretty well.

Chubbz is getting better than piman i would say, but piman was decent but just too inactive for me to say. my vote would probably go to chubbz though. jane is way too inactive to get good like he SHOULD but then again, he gets to party and **** which is probably funner than melee.

John M.- i'm assuming we're talking about my good friend john who plays occasionally at the U but never goes to fests or tournaments. he's pretty good, probably could beat chubbz, piman, and jane, but he's too inactive obviously. his tag is caliber though

Derp plays falcon.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this is Kyle (on Chris' account).

So this is my list:

1) Forward
2) GamerGuitarist7
3) Jetfour
4) Rubyiris
5) Silly Kyle
6) Agent Iron
7) OkamiBW
8) Shiv
9) Saet
10) Rusty
11) TommyDerMeister
12) Vash
13) Piman
14) Chubbz
15) Jane
16) DerpDaBerp
17) John M.

Spots 4 and 5 are pretty close between Xander and me. Hopefully within the next 1-3 months I will see some significant improvement in my game. I plan on playing with the best in Tucson more frequently, as well as everyone else.

Spots 6, 7, and 8 are debatable, but I think my list covers all three of them pretty accurately.

Forrest and Rusty are both somewhat inactive, but I think it's good to include them too. They're both still talented players and I know both of them could get back into the swing of things if they wanted to.

Tommy, you need to step it up. You've been hovering around spot 10 and beyond for a long time. I know you can do better.

<3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Forrest does better against more people than rusty does. You should also see the silly things forrest does to rusty. I've never seen anyone else in arizona literally sit in one spot on FD and down smash the entire game and 3 stock Rusty.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just to throw out my list for the heck of it:

0. Sean
1. Chris
2. Jackie
3. Me I guess?
4. Kyle
5. Spencer when he's not sandbagging
6. Forrest
7. Rob
8. Shiv
9. Rusty
10. My ***** Tommy
11. Sean
12. Alex
13. Nick
14. Ryan
15. Jane
16. Derp
17. Spencer when he's being a *****

Sean could probably beat tommy but sean is a ******.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I agree with Chris's list except that I would want to fight Shiv like 9 out of 17 for the spot or be tied. I truly do not know who is better, he or I. I'll play Forrest for the spot too, if you guys like; but I'm pretty sure that I can beat Forrest 80% of the time, though I'd prefer to do a true challenge match to make sure. I think Tommy could get better faster if he didn't live in the boondocks. If he was actually 10 minutes away from people, he could play more and get better.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Xander, step yo game up so people can start saying they think you're better than me.

After all... it's only one spot away...

MacD

Banned via Administration
ummm, so back to the 2 page old discussion

mango doesn't work out or anything, i mean he used to go to school and would like walk around but nothing major, and he's been a lazy bum since he's gotten his computer, always playing online poker or cs (at least that is according to his aim) who knows though, maybe he's active when he's drunk

axe you should tell zhu about the working out and stuff, his johns include "i can't beat m2k in a 3/5 cause i can't concentrate that long" and "if i lose the first stock i give up cause it's too hard to come back"

tw1n

Smash Champion
ummm, so back to the 2 page old discussion

mango doesn't work out or anything, i mean he used to go to school and would like walk around but nothing major, and he's been a lazy bum since he's gotten his computer, always playing online poker or cs (at least that is according to his aim) who knows though, maybe he's active when he's drunk

axe you should tell zhu about the working out and stuff, his johns include "i can't beat m2k in a 3/5 cause i can't concentrate that long" and "if i lose the first stock i give up cause it's too hard to come back"
I want to play Zhu.........

And in response to earlier statements... I don't suck, I lick. BAM!

Top Bottom