• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Would we be able to have Kyle house two of us and Okami house the other two?

Okami's Dorm/Apt:
1. Jeff
2. Karl

Kyle's House:
3. Me
4. Duffy

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, well here's the thing... SV is also looking for housing. I'm not too sure how many of them planned on staying in tucson, but Is there anymore available housing? I don't think Rob's dorm can hold all of us lol. Dorms are so small

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
SV needs housing for about 5. We can split up if you'd like, but if no housing, then yeah we prolly most likely won't show or will be leaving much earlier..idk.depends i guess

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Would we be able to have Kyle house two of us and Okami house the other two?

Okami's Dorm/Apt:
1. Jeff
2. Karl

Kyle's House:
3. Me
4. Duffy
We can definitely do that. Just bring sleeping bags or blankets and you two can easily fit here and 2 can easily fit at Kyle's. Sierra Vista should ask Chris (I know that's a lot to ask), but he's got a nice new little place with just Rachel. Just an option to think about.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Well, if you really don't mind spreading out, Nick might be able to hold one or two people. I'd hate to impose on people, but what about Forrest, Rusty, Benners, Xander? There's gotta be someone in Tucson who can hold a couple people for a single night.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
WHAT!?!?!?!? what the ****! tim how come you didnt tell me that we were spending the night there! i didnt even know! and i cant ask if i can spend the night for a while cause ive been doing it too much! and we can stay there late but as long as i get home thats it. and no tim theres 6 of us you, elvis, brian, mr.turnip, sebastian, and me

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Not true at all, you're just scared to play sheik against kyle for pride reasons and john about how you don't like the matchup.

I took your sheik into consideration, and i still think kyle is better than you now.
That's not what you told me once Kyle left but alright, I'll believe you even though you say one thing and then another.

Me and Xander went literally even the other day....who beats who between us just depends on the character we're using against each other....lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
WHAT!?!?!?!? what the ****! tim how come you didnt tell me that we were spending the night there! i didnt even know! and i cant ask if i can spend the night for a while cause ive been doing it too much! and we can stay there late but as long as i get home thats it. and no tim theres 6 of us you, elvis, brian, mr.turnip, sebastian, and me
Brian's not gonna be able to make it, sadly. You should definitely try to convince your parents to spend the night, because a motel or something doesn't sound like a bad idea.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
If tournaments run late, like these usually do, when tucson gets done at what? 1/2 a.m? it's common sense we were spending the nite, no1s gonna drive that late...we can't change plans this late now, and yes brians' not coming.. try and convince them to stay, or we either have to have someone take you home, or you might not be able to make it.. =/ and I want you to make it

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
If you're going to say that, then why even get high at all. Why is this my fault ._.
Are you kidding me, Spencer?

I'm pretty sure you said you were going to quit this game. Now you're trying to say you're Falcon is good and that you deserve to be ranked higher. Or whatever bull**** you're trying to pull.

Grow up and use Sheik on me. Your other characters honestly are pushovers. Why would I try my hardest when you're just d***ing around?

Getting high obviously is fun and makes Melee interesting on another level. We were also playing friendlies, so no pressure really.

I'd be more then happy to money match you if you'd like. :)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Trying to money match anyone Tucson is lame because everyone has jobless money johns. Except for Plenip ;)

and Sean because he won't lose

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Trying to money match anyone Tucson is lame because everyone has jobless money johns. Except for Plenip ;)
I have the money to money match. I just don't like money matching unless I know I have an actual chance to win. :p Perhaps when I get good enough to consistently not lose.

Motel sounds like a good idea. If you guys don't mind spending the night on the floor or in other guy's beds, you could legitimately fit 6 people in a room easily. So that's like less than 10 dollars per person to spend money.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
tim i dont know and i dont think sebastian can spend the night either but i kinda dont wanna ask cause ive been spending the night waaaaayyyyyyy too much and i dont wanna abuse it. but if you really want me to i guess i can.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
man im not trying to spend the night in tucson.... i mean id rather do that then try and drive home at 4 am and me and joey have done that before and almost died because i fell asleep driving home in the dark. i need gas money from everyone atleast 5 bucks my tank is low and i seriously have no money to fill that ***** so yea.Im not sure i can stay up in tucson over night but if we do stay the night we would need a room or some **** s money i dont have and well need housing some way some how since smash tourneys last past midnight. if we get this thing started early enough SV might be able to bring more people if it gets done by a reasonable time so we can make it home.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me, Spencer?

I'm pretty sure you said you were going to quit this game. Now you're trying to say you're Falcon is good and that you deserve to be ranked higher. Or whatever bull**** you're trying to pull.

Grow up and use Sheik on me. Your other characters honestly are pushovers. Why would I try my hardest when you're just d***ing around?

Getting high obviously is fun and makes Melee interesting on another level. We were also playing friendlies, so no pressure really.

I'd be more then happy to money match you if you'd like. :)
Really? My characters besides Sheik suck eh? Hey Xander, who did you say my best character is again?

Jackie what about you? Lol. Good games today by the way Jackie, I think I'm getting kind of closer to you >.<

You know why I'm getting pissed off, because I ASKED to not be put on ANY new list for anything. And what do people do anyways? They put me on the list. If you don't want me complaining about something, then why not just respect what the **** I say and please just do something as simple as NOT PUT ME ON LISTS. Really though, it'd be nice if for once people actually read or acknowledged what the **** I say instead of just brushing me off to the side. **** is getting annoying.

I go even with Xander anyways so eh ;)

Oh and, get back to me when you can get a game off of ISAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackie(LOL JACKIE).

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You know why I'm getting pissed off, because I ASKED to not be put on ANY new list for anything. And what do people do anyways? They put me on the list. If you don't want me complaining about something, then why not just respect what the **** I say and please just do something as simple as NOT PUT ME ON LISTS. Really though, it'd be nice if for once people actually read or acknowledged what the **** I say instead of just brushing me off to the side. **** is getting annoying.
Myself said:
1. Forward
2. GamerGuitarist7
3. Jetfour
4. Rubyiris
5. Silly Kyle
6. Shiv
6. OkamiBW
8. Rusty
8. Saet
8. TommyDerMeister
11. Vash
12. Piman
12. Chubbz
12. Jane
12. John M.
16. DerpDaBerp

Not on the list, but active:
-Agent Iron
Get *****, Tucson!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Really? My characters besides Sheik suck eh? Hey Xander, who did you say my best character is again?

Jackie what about you? Lol. Good games today by the way Jackie, I think I'm getting kind of closer to you >.<

I go even with Xander anyways so eh ;)

Oh and, get back to me when you can get a game off of ISAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackie(LOL JACKIE).
Whatever Spencer. You're just mad that I'm better than you now.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Whatever Spencer. You're just mad that I'm better than you now.
Bad argument. You have no justification for why you put me on the list when I asked not to be, why is this? You have no justification for yourself losing other than that you supposedly don't take friendlies seriously when there have been no "tournaments" to prove otherwise that either one of us is better than each other. I'm not saying I consider myself better than you by any means, and if I do it's not like it's a large margin, I know you're good man. Would you care for a tie? :3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Bad argument. You have no justification for why you put me on the list when I asked not to be, why is this? You have no justification for yourself losing other than that you supposedly don't take friendlies seriously when there have been no "tournaments" to prove otherwise that either one of us is better than each other. I'm not saying I consider myself better than you by any means, and if I do it's not like it's a large margin, I know you're good man. Would you care for a tie? :3
I'm not making an argument. It's a fact.

I could care less that I lost to you a few times because I still beat you more that day, just like any other time we fight. I always beat you more than you beat me. Always.

And you lost to me in tournament last time we fought at the one at Chris and Rachel's apartment. I've also placed higher than you in tournaments you were present at.

Lol, I will not settle for a tie!! I'm taking my rightfully deserved spot above you, even if you're not on the list. I'm still better. ;)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If you guys even have to argue about skill, it means you'll always argue. Because one doesn't dominate the other convincingly. So you best step yo game up 8 notches above the other to make it clear and not even debatable.

Tai, I don't think Isai's spirit comes to me when I'm in Phoenix :/

Spencer, your edgeguarding is definitely solid now. Just do better against my shield and get the platform techchase timings down and you'll be steps higher. Isai ***** your Fox though mwahahaha ugly zero to deaths all day

Top Bottom