• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol, I would reaaaally love to :dizzy:

If I said that I'll try, that would be misleading. It would imply that I have some sort of financial control, haha.

Only way I'd be able to go to Pound 5 is if I win every AZ tournament between now and then (LOL) or if someone pays for me. My parents can't afford to just buy me plane tickets to go, and my mom doesn't want me to get a job on top of all the other stuff I'm required to do for school.

You have a very sharp sense of humor.
Well there are always other ways to get money to go. Just try your best. Even if it means sputting a dollar or more in a jar every day. Any spare change you find grab it and add it to the jar. You would be surprised how much you can save up.

Oh and yes... yes I do ;)

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
@duffy-fox is gay and no i didnt make it out i lost to these ****ty ic's :(

@tai-ill be better than everyone who was ahead of me when i come back.

@tw1n- thank you for helping me. but they dont need to know who ive beaten or who i did good against *cough* 2-1 diakonos, 2 stock shiz in falco dittos, equal with thorn, ***** pb&j lol i did other things but not at that tourney

@silly kyle- peach is a *****. and same for you, you dont need to care about where i was before. just care about where im going to be lol ;)

dairspike

Smash Cadet
Tai, you need to work on your techchasing versus Sheiks. You do some wavedash braking thingy after your side throws that doesn't lead to much. I think you would benefit from committing to a good old fsmash off the stage instead of dancing around for another grab.

I also think your Fox knows the Falcon matchup well, offensively that is. You know how to pressure him from behind, probably from studying those Cactuar vids. If you played smarter defensively and with DI, it would be a Falcon-slayer for sure.

Jackie's Sheik seems to have trouble against Foxes unless he plays near the edge the whole match, but that's a **** move. He'll probably main Sheik before he retires and go to an OoS tourney before he graduates.

I need to go to the next tournament so that my Falco can be on the rankings :D

Smashersaxophonist7 deserves a higher spot too, he did well in the last one.

PS Kira Lucien Sfat

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
i made out with two girls yesterday ;) how many have you EVER made out with?
I'd rather make-out with sober girls than drunk ones like you jajaja(****it Jackie).

And yeah I was definitely pretty nervous in that match Joey haha. There was times where I was thinking too hard about what to do next and just not paying attention to playing.

I kinda did that when you did that reverse bair to kill my 2nd stock in that match. Either way I enjoy watching/playing your Fox Joey because your tech skill isn't too much but it's nice and consistent.

If anyone wants to play Smash during the school year I'll be free Fridays because I won't have class. I'll be working out a lot too but if I can get a phone(which I'm hoping for) then it should be easy to contact me about stuff and all =)

tw1n

Smash Champion
hey! thats not fair! if we were WTF style sparring you wouldve lost! even your brother was scared! ha!
Ya TKD is not my style sorry. I am a grappling major, with pressure points as a secondary. Throwing fast, semi-powerful kicks is not in that list. But if you ever want, I will gove it a shot =D

How did you guys have the money to go to Apex, but can't come to Arizona by car?

Sorry, just wondering.
My car is broken down at the moment :( And honestly I would much rather fly to AZ then drive. With all the car troubles I am going thru, flying is kinda a relaxing experience haha. Money wise tho, I saved for 7 months to be able to afford Apex.

If a good quality vhicle were to become available, I would love to drive to AZ. Its not that long of a drive and AZ2GOOD lol

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather make-out with sober girls than drunk ones like you jajaja(****it Jackie).

And yeah I was definitely pretty nervous in that match Joey haha. There was times where I was thinking too hard about what to do next and just not paying attention to playing.

I kinda did that when you did that reverse bair to kill my 2nd stock in that match. Either way I enjoy watching/playing your Fox Joey because your tech skill isn't too much but it's nice and consistent.

If anyone wants to play Smash during the school year I'll be free Fridays because I won't have class. I'll be working out a lot too but if I can get a phone(which I'm hoping for) then it should be easy to contact me about stuff and all =)
thats what i hated about my fox! it doesnt look cool. if it doesnt look cool theres no point on using him. well it doesnt look cool in tourney at least lol and tw1n yeah i dont have like any grappling experience it sucks lol itd really helpful when im kicking someone in the face lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
thats what i hated about my fox! it doesnt look cool. if it doesnt look cool theres no point on using him. well it doesnt look cool in tourney at least lol and tw1n yeah i dont have like any grappling experience it sucks lol itd really helpful when im kicking someone in the face lol
Oh ya I bet it would be. With how fast and small you are, you could do some really cool/flashy combinations of grabs and kicks haha

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah jeff! that was like the easiest popularity boost haha even though i was already at the peak of coolness! and that's why i said that kick part so someone can bring it up lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hahahaha awesome. At one point your foot did hit me across the face, but we were in mid-grapple and the adrenaline was going so it felt like a tap haha... thinking about it, that was a tap. You kick pretty hard. I feel sorry for that kid at your old school lol.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Landed. Who's hosting? :p

Yeah, let's play some Smash!
Xander, league tomorrow! I forgot what the name of the place is, but let's go!

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I love Falcon but he just can't take an edgeguard for ****.
I don't think my Marth will be as good as it used to be, I just spam dsmash too much now and SD too much too.
My Falco would be good if I had tech skill and practiced, but I don't and I have the worst Falco in Tucson.
Rest spamming is hilarious but not competitively smart.
My Peach is getting better with fancy float cancel nairs but I don't like using turnips.

So what does that mean? I've chosen a main.

I am maining
made you look.

I want to accelerate my Pikachu so I can do team Pikachu with Jeff at a big tournament. Time for some upB practice. What else should I practice with Pikachu, Jeff?

Oh but I am maining Sheik though. Gimp your **** all day son! Chain throw! Haters gon' hate. Get money get paid.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yay, Arizona will finally have a Sheik that doesn't suck. Sean and Omar don't count.

Also me and Shiv want to smash sometime this week.

Top Bottom