• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If you get too good at this game you'll just become an alcoholic Mario player. Being good is overrated.

I don't care about being good, I just have fun with mind games ;D

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I am serious. I'm sorry. I don't want you to be mad at me.
i guess i forgive you but it really doesnt matter to me. everyone in AZ treats me like ****, underrates me whatever the case is as far i know i just think everyone in AZ is a ****** thats all. but im just cooler with certain people i guess if you wanna be one of them then its fine. and not getting grabbed by a character that are 2 characters is actually really hard to do tommy. that was a really ignorant thing to say. and no derp da berp he's saying youre gonna play like a ******. that is not the type of mindset you want. what if i picked jiggs ledgestalled you and timed you out every match does that sound fun?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
those two arent on my list.
Did you just say that Wobbles isn't skillful?

Rob is such a smart player, dude. He has a sick *** SoPo, and he has good reads, movement, and punishes even without wobbling.

There's absolutely nothing gay about how Robbles plays EXCEPT Wobbling, which I don't even think is that gay, but I'll give you that as a concession since that's a completely different issue.

Joey just told me that Chu even admits that Wobbles is a better ICs. Are you gonna go and say Chu isn't skilled either?

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
this is true. they played and chu came up to wobbly and said congratulations wobbles how does it feel to have the best ic's in the world? and tommy so let me get this straight so if i played you when you were bowser and just wobbled you for all 8 minutes of the game it was cause you deserved it?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Ah, okay. It was weird. I was thinking that that could be the case, but then I figured...well, maybe the (retired) should be after his name.

Also, Tommy's gonna say, "Yeah, I should get punished for going Bowser."

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Ruby I am not even going to get into this, yea maybe the videos I saw of hugs was a long time ago. He is the reason I picked up samus cause I watched how he played. Even though I play nothing like him. Call me a scrub or hypocrit thats just how I feel.

Frankly you can **** yourself cause of that tone you like to take with talking down to people.

Indeed I am outdated, CAUSE NO ONE PLAYS MELEE AROUND ME EVERYTHING IS BRAWL. so its whatever. I will return and will adapt, it happens. Thats just how I have felt, when I played him and lost cause I got wobbled. Not gonna lie it left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe if I played now it be different cause I would just find a way to get around it, like I always have.

Also who the **** are you to say my way of playing doesn't cut it when I have been out of the loop for so long, I have come back before and brought my playstyle to the table and walked away with wins, Tai remembers that comeback MM.

All I have to say is be ready whenever I do return cause I am sick of sitting on the side lines.

Did you just say that Wobbles isn't skillful?

Rob is such a smart player, dude. He has a sick *** SoPo, and he has good reads, movement, and punishes even without wobbling.

There's absolutely nothing gay about how Robbles plays EXCEPT Wobbling, which I don't even think is that gay, but I'll give you that as a concession since that's a completely different issue.

Joey just told me that Chu even admits that Wobbles is a better ICs. Are you gonna go and say Chu isn't skilled either?
No he is skilled like I said up in my posts thats just how I felt at the time towards him. Still kinda feel like its bull when you resort to that to win. He is a good player and even he taught me some things I am just angry cause I can't play melee again.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I guess I can accept what you said earlier as long as you admit that it was due to anger at the moment lol.

Uh, I don't think wobbling is that bad. That aside, if it's allowed, I don't think you should have any sort of negative feelings toward him for doing it, especially considering that his character naturally puts him at a disadvantage anyway. Plus, since it's tournament, I think it should be encouraged that he do everything in his power to maximize his chances of winning.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
I guess I can accept what you said earlier as long as you admit that it was due to anger at the moment lol.

Uh, I don't think wobbling is that bad. That aside, if it's allowed, I don't think you should have any sort of negative feelings toward him for doing it, especially considering that his character naturally puts him at a disadvantage anyway. Plus, since it's tournament, I think it should be encouraged that he do everything in his power to maximize his chances of winning.
Yea thats true I admit it was due to anger I am human lol. I understand being at a disadvantage, it sucks. Gotta make due with wut you got. It just so happens he has a infinite chain grab

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I like how nobody takes me seriously anymore lol. Maybe it's because I'm never serious.

And because Spencer's not here as much for me to troll. Jaja.

I might want to smash tomorrow? Hit me up Tucson folk, I get off work at 1:30pm.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I like how nobody takes me seriously anymore lol. Maybe it's because I'm never serious.

And because Spencer's not here as much for me to troll. Jaja.

I might want to smash tomorrow? Hit me up Tucson folk, I get off work at 1:30pm.
(5:43:40 PM) icrazy4rice: and i think right now alot of people in thread are *******es
(5:43:49 PM) xroflmaowtfx: except me
(5:43:51 PM) xroflmaowtfx: and you
(5:43:52 PM) xroflmaowtfx: and..
(5:44:00 PM) icrazy4rice: you know what i mean lol
(5:44:05 PM) xroflmaowtfx: jackie's not serious anyway

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
who the hell said that tai? lol and xander you are the most frustrated person i know due to his lack of skill and i already proved to tai the gayness of wobbling. i dont wanna do it again. and carlton a scrub? last time i checked that scrub kicked your *** when you guys played. and how come you dont call me a scrub huh? i think your **** riding *** is stupid! you scared. do something!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
joey, were you protecting carlton as a player or what he said?

if it's what he said, then i think it's silly to defend what someone says just because they're from the same city as you. what if carlton were saying something that was incredibly wrong or stupid? would you defend him then?

if you were defending his skill as a player... well, i think that's sorta silly too, but it's much more understandable (plus i do it anyway)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
If you want Wobbling banned, then come to my tournaments. The problem I have with it is that once the wobbling starts...there's no counter to it. Plus, the only person I'd be helping at my tournaments is Wobbles, who has already won one of my tournaments without Wobbling. Furthermore, he doesn't have a whole state behind him wanting him to win, Wobbling or not. Thus...there's no reason at a local tournament to make one person who already has potential to win happy, while frustrating other people and potentially getting people not to want to come.

Take SoCal for example...
Fly Amanita would benefit from Wobbling. People like Zhu, MacD, Connor, etc. already don't have too much reason to go to the local tournaments. For at least Zhu, that would be the thing that pushes him over the edge and makes him not want to come.

Tl;dr message: Wobbling's banned at my tournaments to not make people frustrated and because it doesn't have a counter once it starts.

Interestingly enough, that one thread about Puff being limited sounds 'almost' valid.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
i guess i forgive you but it really doesnt matter to me. everyone in AZ treats me like ****, underrates me whatever the case is as far i know i just think everyone in AZ is a ****** thats all. but im just cooler with certain people i guess if you wanna be one of them then its fine.
I'm sure not EVERYONE has treated you like s**t. I know I never been rude to you or anything.

and not getting grabbed by a character that are 2 characters is actually really hard to do tommy. that was a really ignorant thing to say.
No it wasn't.

and tommy so let me get this straight so if i played you when you were bowser and just wobbled you for all 8 minutes of the game it was cause you deserved it?
Yes.

Also, Tommy's gonna say, "Yeah, I should get punished for going Bowser."
Real close, but I would also say that..

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
"There's no counter to wobbling once it has started" is like saying there's no counter to Falco's down air once you've been hit for it.

Just nitpicking that one statement :D

Scrubby *** smashers.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
who the hell said that tai? lol and xander you are the most frustrated person i know due to his lack of skill and i already proved to tai the gayness of wobbling. i dont wanna do it again. and carlton a scrub? last time i checked that scrub kicked your *** when you guys played. and how come you dont call me a scrub huh? i think your **** riding *** is stupid! you scared. do something!
Thanks Joey I can always count on you to have my back.

Regardless though since I have been out of the loop I would lose a few times before I got back up to speed. Yet, I am okay with that because every time that have taken a long break from melee and came back I was better than the last time I played so I am not even sweating it.

Once I go to the airforce and I get stationed in a MELEE popular state I will come back with even more tricks up my sleeve.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
"There's no counter to wobbling once it has started" is like saying there's no counter to Falco's down air once you've been hit for it.

Just nitpicking that one statement :D

Scrubby *** smashers.
Provided the first hit connects...can Falco guarantee a kill without any reads at 30%? The only characters I can think of are Jigglypuff, Fox, and our beloved IC's.

Duh you can't counter a Falco dair at 120% off stage. Perhaps there are 0-death combos...but those require reading DI. Maybe there are 0-death chain grabs or tech chases, but those require reading DI too.

Jackie, you should consider explaining yourself each time you want to make us feel stupid. That way we don't think you're just trooling and/or sounding elitist.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
joey, were you protecting carlton as a player or what he said?

if it's what he said, then i think it's silly to defend what someone says just because they're from the same city as you. what if carlton were saying something that was incredibly wrong or stupid? would you defend him then?

if you were defending his skill as a player... well, i think that's sorta silly too, but it's much more understandable (plus i do it anyway)
it was the player one i dont even remember what carlton posted and i dont feel like re-reading lol so ill just say player. and tommy you know what i mean. for the most part AZ is. oh and jackie im pretty sure you can smash di falco's dair.

forward

Smash Champion
Provided the first hit connects...can Falco guarantee a kill without any reads at 30%? The only characters I can think of are Jigglypuff, Fox, and our beloved IC's.
Yea, Jigglypuff and Fox can do basically the same thing as a Wobble, but we don't ban a shine and we don't ban rest. To me that is reason enough to not ban wobbling.

I still don't like it though, especially considering Wobbles is one of my toughest opponents in state, of course I don't want it legal because then it is much harder for me to beat him. I like to take the easy way out.

It would be to my benefit though if it was unbanned, Rob won't wobble in friendlies so the only time I can have that serious pressure of not getting grabbed is during tournament. If I don't have that pressure at local tournaments then it's going to leave me less prepared for regionals where it may be allowed.

It's not that big of a deal though. If you want to be really nit picky about Wobbling effects only Me, Jeff, and Chris, since we are arguably the only ones Rob may need to use it against.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Yea, Jigglypuff and Fox can do basically the same thing as a Wobble, but we don't ban a shine and we don't ban rest. To me that is reason enough to not ban wobbling.

I still don't like it though, especially considering Wobbles is one of my toughest opponents in state, of course I don't want it legal because then it is much harder for me to beat him. I like to take the easy way out.

It would be to my benefit though if it was unbanned, Rob won't wobble in friendlies so the only time I can have that serious pressure of not getting grabbed is during tournament. If I don't have that pressure at local tournaments then it's going to leave me less prepared for regionals where it may be allowed.

It's not that big of a deal though. If you want to be really nit picky about Wobbling effects only Me, Jeff, and Chris, since we are arguably the only ones Rob may need to use it against.
wait but what about if us "inferior" players go out of state. other players dont care they just wanna win. and ic's entire game is to get a grab so having wobbling a more skilless way to get a stock seems pretty dumb. i rather have them be more skillful and use handoffs and stuff. but whatever i dont feel like explaining my point all over again. it took forever to tell tai.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
But I am trolling AND being elitist :D

Yes, Falco can kill under 30% with dair without any read. Example: Falcon offstage recovering low.

I am ****ing with you guys. Most of you aren't arguing efficiently or even logically, so there is no point in me contributing to this topic seriously.

Carlton is giving his opinion and labeling it as such, so it is respectable. Y'all gettin' butthurt for no good reason.

This is a Tucson thread and not a Wobbling thread. This topic has been argued out. For its relevance here, it's banned or it's not.

As for my trolling, it's just calling out people when they say something that is factually inaccurate. None of that bull**** in this thread, son! "Skillful" and whether something "should" be allowed can be argued subjectively so idgaf right now and will let you guys duke it out amongst each other.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i already explained this to tai. and barely got it out to him and everyone else this thread is too ignorant so im done with this. man apex was so amazing! who 2 stocks shiz in a MM that isnt known eh. man im the best!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i already explained this to tai. and barely got it out to him and everyone else this thread is too ignorant so im done with this. man apex was so amazing! who 2 stocks shiz in a MM that isnt known eh. man im the best!
and yet you still get 3 and 4 stocked by my falcon repeatedly. you scrub

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yes yes gamer and how long have you been playing for before you finally got to your level? and btw hey tucson! the one time i played with fox i lose! and that's happened in the past 5 tournies now! man you guys were right my fox is waaaaay better than my falco. ive been playing fox almost all day at that tourney too! thanks tucsonians! maybe i was wrong and you guys are geniuses! dur! dur! dur!

EDIT: oh yeah! also i played a MM with thorn and lost cause i picked fox last match! my fox is so much better.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ruby I am not even going to get into this, yea maybe the videos I saw of hugs was a long time ago. He is the reason I picked up samus cause I watched how he played. Even though I play nothing like him. Call me a scrub or hypocrit thats just how I feel.

Frankly you can **** yourself cause of that tone you like to take with talking down to people.

Indeed I am outdated, CAUSE NO ONE PLAYS MELEE AROUND ME EVERYTHING IS BRAWL. so its whatever. I will return and will adapt, it happens. Thats just how I have felt, when I played him and lost cause I got wobbled. Not gonna lie it left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe if I played now it be different cause I would just find a way to get around it, like I always have.

Also who the **** are you to say my way of playing doesn't cut it when I have been out of the loop for so long, I have come back before and brought my playstyle to the table and walked away with wins, Tai remembers that comeback MM.

All I have to say is be ready whenever I do return cause I am sick of sitting on the side lines.

No he is skilled like I said up in my posts thats just how I felt at the time towards him. Still kinda feel like its bull when you resort to that to win. He is a good player and even he taught me some things I am just angry cause I can't play melee again.
You came here and stated your opinion as fact, and I called your *** out on it. I have every right to do so.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wow

this is getting wayyyyyy too personal for comfort

jesus christ, why do you care if people think your fox is better than your falco? it's your choice to use who you use.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Anybody want to play my Sheik?

You're all a bunch of cowards who get all whiny and john about how unfun it is to play my Sheik. So my Sheik won't get any better. **** you all.

I don't think Xander *****es about my Sheik though haha. And Sean's always wanted me to play Sheik more. You ****ers don't live near me though.

Jaja why am I being so mean? I dunno. I think I'm going to get laid and stay away from the boards for a while to cool off.

Top Bottom