• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yeah sure xander uh huh and youre easy low tier to bottom tier bait and you lose to them. but i dont talk about it. :D

EDIT: and hey xander you should see how many people know you up here! hahaha!

DJMirror

Smash Master
Guys don't you know? Rubyiris is the best smash in az of all times

Fuck Forward all he does is going to school and chill with Tai and his family (which there's nothing with that)

-Jkun

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Hey, so I'm 90% sure I'll be free today after my class ends around 11:00. I will bring my controller to the TV lounge. If anyone wants to play, just give me a call. Also, I'll most likely only be playing Sheik, Fox, and Marth for the first 30 fights, so bring your game faces.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Well most of my past experience with Jeff was when he was stuck in his dorm without a car so he was always in the same spot and there was no reason to be late.

However, the one time he had his car in town was when I housed Timmy and he was supposed to bring him at about midnight but ended up showing up at 4am. And I've heard your stories jaja.

My comment was just geared towards the Tucson time wasters.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Post for good luck :p

Chris, Jackie, the Clement's Center was fun the other day we should do that more :)

Oh and I suppose I'd like to play people more soon here, anytime after Tuesday would be fine if people want to play.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Actually Silly Kyle is relatively punctual WHEN HE FEELS LIKE ACTUALLY SHOWING UP.

Chris suffers from this problem somewhat, but he's infamous for finding other things to preoccupy him for well over an hour before ACTUALLY showing up.

I end up showing up a little late when I go places, but that's public transportation johns, and I'm not leaving over an hour early just to show up on time.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
wow you guys are all dumb. hbox playing brilliant? more like gay. no respect to any of those players but i felt bad for armada cause he hates the us cause we camp like this. and okami does your *** hurt from riding people so much?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
wow you guys are all dumb. hbox playing brilliant? more like gay. no respect to any of those players but i felt bad for armada cause he hates the us cause we camp like this. and okami does your *** hurt from riding people so much?
Someone needs to read Wobbles' posts about playing to win lol.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Someone needs to read Wobbles' posts about playing to win lol.
is that right cause I remember that video when he lost in cali and broke his controller.

Not to mention when the last time we were all together as the SV crew wobbles was getting his **** tossed by vect and joey so he started wobbling like a *****.

Wobbles play style = Gay

but on to more serious business.

Hbox is gay that is all

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hbox is amazing.

Wobbles is amazing.

People who think otherwise have no business playing games on a competitive level.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Hbox is amazing.

Wobbles is amazing.

People who think otherwise have no business playing games on a competitive level.
Well if you consider camping and infinite chain grabbing, than all means yea. Then you keep riding them hard eventually you will be just like them.

While you do that I will be admiring pros who actually are skillful in melee

A.k.a

Forward, Armada, Hugs, (retired) Mike nasty, Axe, I can go all day but the thing is those two arent on my list.

-shrugs- Say what you want ruby it is what it is.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
While you do that I will be admiring pros who actually are skillful in melee
Forward, Armada, Hugs, (retired) Mike nasty, Axe, I can go all day but the thing is those two arent on my list.
A wise old jetfour once said:
jetfour said:
There's a counter to everything in Melee. If you know what they're going to do, you can punish them.
If Wobbling was that big of a problem, they're well able to ban it.

And you're not saying HugS is retired...are you?
(HugS is #2 on the SoCal PR and was at 2 out of 3 of the last SoCal tournies I attended as well as Nice Shot Hugo) <-Link embedded

P.S. The players you listed have vastly different styles of play. HugS, for example, has amazing spacing, like Hungrybox. Why should you look down upon one rather than the other? Seems quite hypocritical...no offense intended. I'd understand if you said, "Old Zhu, Axe, etc." People like that who are generally offensive and somewhat more fun to watch. Just trying to understand what your list means, since 'skillful' is quite subjective.

Rubyiris said:
Speaking of subjective...

And lastly...

Spence said:
Everyone should consider reading Sirlin's article about Playing to Win, lol.
Fixed.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
To wobble you have no not only grab someone, but nana must be near-by, in synch, and the opponent must be over 30%.

All that, just to have an even, or maybe STILL unfavorable matchups against every character in high and top tier (except Sheik.)

Deltron, you're a scrub, and a hypocrite. The fact that you're saying that Hungry Box's safe style of play is "gay" yet you tote someone like HugS who plays THE EXACT STYLE OF PLAY is just ridiculous.

Jigglypuff is a low tier disguised as a high-tier character. HBox just does what she does best; Zoning with her highest priority move, whilst weaving in an out of the opponents range, much like dash dancing, only in the air, and punishes the opponent when they try to approach his "openings."

Armada plays extremely similar, with a different, better character. He spaces himself that he is always applying pressure, whilst always doing his best to stay just outside of their range. Welcome to 2009/2010 Deltron. People are just now starting to realize that this "safe" mindset is the way to win. Your outdated, arbitrary gentleman's code, or whatever the fuck you want to call it just doesn't cut it anymore.

You can call it playing gay. I'll call it being skilled, and continue to improve while you continue to stagnate more and more until you eventually quit out of frustration.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
For all that I've done to you. I'm sorry.
are you being serious? i cant really tell. and why didnt they just ban wobbling if it was bad. and about that thread if everyone were to do that why didnt we all pick jiggs and time each other out huh? but i did want wobbles to win all of his matches cause he is AZ. in other news i 2 stocked shiz in a MM! hahahahaha!

Top Bottom