• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
how about we just ignore you. seriously what happened to oh! im not gonna be in this thread for a while huh? so i guess you dont quit melee and you just john saying you do as your defense for your lack of skill. elvis is the underdog so i support him.

EDIT: elvis, xanders not THAT good? not at all. average players here are xander level.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
how about we just ignore you. seriously what happened to oh! im not gonna be in this thread for a while huh? so i guess you dont quit melee and you just john saying you do as your defense for your lack of skill. elvis is the underdog so i support him.

EDIT: elvis, xanders not THAT good? not at all. average players here are xander level.
I was trying to get my controllers sold more or less haha. And even if I did stop playing it doesn't mean posting on smashboards is a crime lol.

Why am I saying to ignore Elvis? Because he's trying to start **** for no reason. Xander never said anything about that he's better than Elvis, Elvis just came in and said those posts up there.

Also, why should us Tucson folk pay any attention to you considering for 1 that you don't even live in this STATE anymore and even when you did you were SV so even when you did live here there was no reason for us to pay any attention to what you said lol.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm like 99% sure that controller was Rusty's to begin with actually Rob so if Rusty took it then that's probably why.
Yes, it is/was Brandon's controller. If you were there, you'd know that Jy and Jackie both were using the controller. Plus, I called Brandon and he did not take it.

Anyways, would like to know who took it.

Edit: Jackie has it.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Danny probably took it on accident then cuz I doubt Jackie did, Danny can be hard to get into contact with though so if he has it I'll see what I can do about getting it back and giving it to Rusty or Forrest or whoever.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
shoot spencer i dont know. well apparently you guys did. and if i do come back as no. 1 you guys are gonna be like oh! i knew you had potential like you do for any other player that got good and im gonna remind everyone when they used to look down on me. and ill be back in 6 months. theres plenty of smashers up here and hax lives 10 minutes away from the place im staying at. and he said i could train with him and jman. so i hope you keep thinking im not gonna get anywhere

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
shoot spencer i dont know. well apparently you guys did. and if i do come back as no. 1 you guys are gonna be like oh! i knew you had potential like you do for any other player that got good and im gonna remind everyone when they used to look down on me. and ill be back in 6 months. theres plenty of smashers up here and hax lives 10 minutes away from the place im staying at. and he said i could train with him and jman. so i hope you keep thinking im not gonna get anywhere
I never said I don't think you're not good...lol. I've always thought you were good I just thought your Fox was a lot better and that you're holding yourself back by not using him.

You'll be hella good if you practice for like 2-3 hours every day with Hax and Jesus lol.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
If I were to bet at all, it would be on Kyle.

elvis, you're not that good.
Suck a Nick, Spencer.

Also, I'll start ****. Why, because it gets the blood going and the community talking. About me. Positive, negative, its all the same to me. As long as people know I am here, they will think less of you, and using that brilliant, but unexplainable logic, I can faithfully say, without err, that I am better than everyone. Even "Papaya", Xander, don't make me laugh, I'll beat you with Pichu, I won't even have to use Marth or Weegee, and certainly not the Dorf, but I may have sympathy and let you play against the Kirby if you happen to have trouble with pichu. Hahaha.

Also, Luigi of Tucson, suck a nick.

Silly Kyle has my respect. He such a cool dood. I will beat him soon :D We should go out for some grub next time we chill Kyle.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
alright than spencer our conversation ends here and i think that was the first time forward ever even said something good about me lol and i dont think fox is for me. G$ wrecked my fox with his marth when i played him i alomst got 4 stocked and my fox is not rusty. Id say were even when it was my falco against his marth but my falcon destroyed him. he doesnt know the match up for **** even though theres alot of falcons. and the tourney i went to yesterday my falco by far did the best. i did amazing against cactuar! and and double down air kill on jman is too funny. and spencer didnt xander just say he was better than elvis? lol just saying. i think its pretty funny

EDIT: oh yeah hax says my falco is by far my best too.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Joey, I have a lot of faith in you!! I know you're going to come back stronger than ever!! It will be nice to have you in Tucson so I can get better too from your east coast experience! <3

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yeah silly kyle. but man armada is freaking crazy he's one of the most insane players ive ever feared more in person. well i was scared of jman too but that was cause i thought he was gonna take his hatred for jeff out on me and jv5 stock me lol oh and never wall jump down air him for a kill and recover and make it be a combo finisher he hates getting humiliated lol

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
The thing I love about myself is that I love being the underdog. I find great pleasure knowing that people think I suck when honestly, I am a great player. So what if I play like **** and get beat. I don't care. I'm a boss. All of us can say we play our best when we play our best, and I play at mine when I feel like it. Having fun is what this game is about. Winning is a second priority to me. However, I will win everything I want to win.

If I win 9th in a tournament, I will have wanted that 9th.

If I win against LoT, I will have wanted to beat LoT.

If I lose against Kyle, I will have, and will try again to finish my want of beating Kyle.

All of you should feel the same. All of you.

Those who have given up to me in a rankings match have no authority to tell me what I can and cannot do, Im the got**** Nicknyte, I am destined for greatness.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
yeah i got ***** by armada lol the only matches i beat him in were falco dittos lol he says shine out of shield is broken haha

EDIT: gay soul eater picture elvis lol

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
after watching the show, there is a small resemblance. Unlike Naruto however, who wants to makes friends. Black Star doesn't. He's just out to become the boss of everything. Just happens to be a high pitched ninja....with a girl.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
elvis is an awesome person but he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Come up to tucson and get beat.

Then let's hang out. :D

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
What? That's a great quality, to have the capacity to fight someone as an enemy but never losing the comradery and sportsmanship that bond us as a community.

edit: One Piece >
:p

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
no its stupid it doesnt push players hard enough to actually wanna win. its more like they dont wanna play each other to prove whos better cause they care too much about each others feelings. which is homo and a waste of everyones time. and thats not how you get better you get better by going in training mode and practicing 8 hours everyday by yourself. thats how you get better. with no one to play against at least.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
No, I'm saying the fact that we can temporarily suspend that "homo" peace you're talking about (in order to play well and improve) without losing it permanently is something to be respected. Obviously when you smash competitively you go all out without any regard for their in-game wellbeing, but most smashers never become more antagonistic towards the actual player next to them.

Or everyone here actually hates everyone else in an unspoken but understood cycle of loathing :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Elvis shut up. Really just shut up.

alright than spencer our conversation ends here and i think that was the first time forward ever even said something good about me lol and i dont think fox is for me. G$ wrecked my fox with his marth when i played him i alomst got 4 stocked and my fox is not rusty. Id say were even when it was my falco against his marth but my falcon destroyed him. he doesnt know the match up for **** even though theres alot of falcons. and the tourney i went to yesterday my falco by far did the best. i did amazing against cactuar! and and double down air kill on jman is too funny. and spencer didnt xander just say he was better than elvis? lol just saying. i think its pretty funny

EDIT: oh yeah hax says my falco is by far my best too.
You've probably gotten better with Falco since you started practicing him a lot more. When you practice a specific character and that character ONLY you can be **** sure you're going to get better with that specific one.

I know though that at one point or another you did know that Fox was your best. Don't ask how, I just do know ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ITT: Joey showing the smash community that he's socially inept.

You fail to realize people do have the capacity to improve, regardless if they ONLY play smash, or ONLY play for ******** amounts of hours. Take people like Jackie for example. People who are better than you, AND spend most of their time either working, at school, or doing OTHER social activities.

I've met quite a few awesome people from smash, and truth be told, there are alot of times where I just want to hang out and do OTHER things.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhhhh no spencer i really never thought that at all never and no i havent been practicing falco i actually probably played him the least when in was in sv. i only played him on tim in falco dittos and tim almost never plays or uses falco nobody else is worth using him on. you guys just never admit it. all i really did was camp with fox. and fox is a really boring character to use. xander you of all people should not talk about being socially inept. i worked and had school too loser.

@derp- yeah i guess. i honestly have no idea what you said lol but ill just say youre right.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
uhhhhhhh no spencer i really never thought that at all never and no i havent been practicing falco i actually probably played him the least when in was in sv. i only played him on tim in falco dittos and tim almost never plays or uses falco nobody else is worth using him on. you guys just never admit it. all i really did was camp with fox. and fox is a really boring character to use. xander you of all people should not talk about being socially inept. i worked and had school too loser.

@derp- yeah i guess. i honestly have no idea what you said lol but ill just say youre right.
That's what Fox is about...camping.

In fact, THAT is what Melee is about...camping...lol. (just ask sean =P).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Silly Kyle, you are so silly ;)
I fail to see why speaking the truth is silly.

Anyone wana smash this week? I feel like I'm starting to improve again and I wana capitalize on that as much as possible.

@Spencer:

It's not 100% camping. It's possible to play aggressively, but always stay safe. Just look at Mango, or other players like him.

Even sean doesn't camp nearly as much as he thinks he does. If you're always running away you're going to eventually lose positioning. you need to keep some pressure on the opponent.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
whats this xander kid talking about? and no spencer thats what ******s make the game to be. and thats just forwards point of view for the game. sometimes you need to think for yourselves rather than following other peoples ideas and that's everyone else's fault for not being able to find away around. to me its just boring for someone to do that. especially in a friendly. which alot of you guys do.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
lol thats what everyone tells me and i probably should especially since jman is too poor to have a phone and hax's phone is broken so i think that would be a good idea lol and im in new york and i dont really have stuff to do. so recently all i do is look on the boards and watch videos lol it sucks here

Top Bottom