• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Joey, it's stupid to not be friendly with the players you're playing with. If you take away smash, then you're just left with bitter people who dislike you and think you take the game far too seriously. Forrest and I have talked about this and when people take the game too seriously. It's not a good thing. Have people's feelings in mind. Imagine if everyone was like, "I hate you Jeff for comboing me," and meant every word. Wouldn't Jeff be upset and stop progressing because he'd be afraid to make people frustrated with him? The point is that you want friendships outside of the game.

Tl;dr message: Don't put the game above friendship.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Joey, it's stupid to not be friendly with the players you're playing with. If you take away smash, then you're just left with bitter people who dislike you and think you take the game far too seriously. Forrest and I have talked about this and when people take the game too seriously. It's not a good thing. Have people's feelings in mind. Imagine if everyone was like, "I hate you Jeff for comboing me," and meant every word. Wouldn't Jeff be upset and stop progressing because he'd be afraid to make people frustrated with him? The point is that you want friendships outside of the game.

Tl;dr message: Don't put the game above friendship.
know when im ****ing joking ****. i just think in many ways people dont take the game seriously ENOUGH. but then they just complain about how they dont get better. its pretty annoying. and dont lecture me about **** like this if you obviously know how i act so you should know by now im kidding i always like to start stuff. and tucson of all places should not be saying anything. elvis was just talking about that but you guys apparently didnt get it. and you guys really have no idea how awkward it is to play you guys. and you know what everyone hates the strong but loves the weak. this is my motto. so if im hated for my skill then so be it. only weak people need to depend on others. so get over yourself. nub.

EDIT: no jeff wouldnt be like that. he'd combo you more to make you try harder. try again.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
know when im ****ing joking ****.
What's this kid talking about? Does he think that we can see him joking on the internet?

Joey, get over yourself. It's hard enough to understand your stupid 2nd grade grammar posts. If you want us to decipher when you're joking and when you're serious too, then you gotta make it dead clear. Step up your typing skills, then I'll start taking you seriously online. Heck, I take Spencer more seriously than you.

You're not hated, so I don't know why you would think that unless you hate yourself. If so, then, darn. I'm sorry for you hating yourself. If not, then, darn. I'm sorry for you not understanding how to use the word "hate".

And in response to Jeff. YOU would combo someone to make them try harder. Maybe in your little dream world everyone does that. But I can think of specific examples during fall semester when Jeff told me he didn't want to make people feel bad by trying hard. Perhaps he was lying.

Jane

Smash Hero
Kyle's really not that silly, truth be told.
what are you talking about, kyle is sillier than tits

and you know what everyone hates the strong but loves the weak.
yeah, because everyone HAAATESSS sean, jeff, taj, and robbles. so much hate.

Joey, get over yourself. It's hard enough to understand your stupid 2nd grade grammar posts. If you want us to decipher when you're joking and when you're serious too, then you gotta make it dead clear. Step up your typing skills, then I'll start taking you seriously online. Heck, I take Spencer more seriously than you.
i lold

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
is this a typing class? and you really think you know jeff better than me? you like to waste people's time you know. and hate me i could care less. and no youre just too stupid to understand when i am joking regardless. all of you guys "trying" to hurt my feelings are so pathetic. and you ****ing dont know our history rob get over yourself! do YOU know about "oh thats all you do!" and how jeff used to be like! no! so shut up *****. and he said trying hard! jeff doesnt want anyones morale to go down thats why he doesnt try but if you say all he does is something he'll **** you to make you try harder. he doesnt just care about himself. he wants everyone to be better. Not everyones liked theres plenty of people who dislike wobbles,sean,not sure about taj but even jeff. you guys need to quit having to hide behind them all the time. thats why you dont get anywhere. wanna prove me wrong? wanna shut me up? then do something about it! i expect an actual challenge from you when i come back. and even though i act like this why do you think im jeff's 2nd best friend huh? try and figure it out.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ITT: Joey proving more and more just how stupid he really is.

Sierra Vista's education system must be worse than Tucson than I thought.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* trying to make a better community is harder than i thought. whatever this is pointless. nobody can tell what im even trying to do. i wanted to make AZ try harder and get better cause shoot the people here are all really good and im just talking about random players. but you guys fail to see anything past words.

EDIT: xander you remind me of an ogre. and if im so stupid why do i **** you up with intelligence alone? while using lower tiers? man im underrated in everything lol i like it.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Mad Trolling in this thread. How about all of you suck compared to me? :D

Also, bold statement for you to talk about education Xander :p

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
know when im ****ing joking ****. i just think in many ways people dont take the game seriously ENOUGH. but then they just complain about how they dont get better. its pretty annoying. and dont lecture me about **** like this if you obviously know how i act so you should know by now im kidding i always like to start stuff. and tucson of all places should not be saying anything. elvis was just talking about that but you guys apparently didnt get it. and you guys really have no idea how awkward it is to play you guys. and you know what everyone hates the strong but loves the weak. this is my motto. so if im hated for my skill then so be it. only weak people need to depend on others. so get over yourself. nub.

EDIT: no jeff wouldnt be like that. he'd combo you more to make you try harder. try again.
Wow, way to put up the defense wall against a non-antagonizing or insulting post.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
hahahahahaha! i know! i wanna to say that too elvis hahahaha!

EDIT: @gamer- WOW ok you know what whatever. this has been fun and all but ill just end this conversation here for you guys.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Gentlemen of the Southern Arizona Smash Community,

I will speak in a more professional aire this time over, there is some things I need to get straight.

I feel that this community is going down the wayward side. Given the situation, if a new smasher were to grace themselves on this board, what would they see? A community of arguing smashers trying to prove who is best and belittle the others. Aren't we supposed to be a community? A family. This is unsettling. Gentlemen, instead of casting this post as another one, fully delve into the depths of your own humility and understand each other. In lack of a better term, being a smasher should not be a **** sizing contest, it should be a community of laughs, mutual understanding, and lots of fun. Emphasis on the fun. If winning makes you have fun, do that too, but we understand, that sometimes winning doesn't happen, all we can do is try harder. I fear that if any new smashers were to see this thread half the time, they might be scared away from the community because of the lack of unification here. I know I am saying "I am the best" but lets get serious here. Lets be a community, not a bad family at the Thanksgiving table. I have said my two cents.

-E. Thompson
The Nicknyte

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Xander, as your friend I can say that you aren't helping with posts like that.

Even when we argue passionately we must keep ourselves composed lest we risk becoming a
>den of trolls

Honestly when this started I thought Joey was the troll, but as I see it now it's trolls trolling trolls. Troll.

Even I'm trolling, I mean look at that avatar.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
It really doesn't matter in the skill bit for me. I think that new areas brings new experiences. Also, AZ usually happens to stand in the Shadow of SoCal, so it only natural you'd get more skill in a more populated area.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* maybe i should give up. i just wanted arizona to be up to NY and california standards. i just feel so ****ty as a state. but obviously no one cares. so ill continue to improve myself instead.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I don't think that the state doesn't care. We just don't have the right type of people here to play against. Also, all the different playstyles in metro areas make the ones we have not seem...as good. I don't think Arizona will ever become California, but Colorado is a shameful state for Melee. Their thread is the "Blazblue DLC: Jamaal Grieves Story"So, don't worry about us being good. Do YOUR best Joey.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Joey (YEAH!) is just mad because AZ sucks

and AZ is just mad that Joey thinks that AZ sucks

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
lol you guys should read tai's post carefully. lol its all good. but whatever it obviously doesn't matter to people in AZ how they look compared to other states.

Top Bottom