• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
look at my amazingness! well the 2nd match lol and read the comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7vnpZNPe8
wow good **** joey. should have played out gamer 3 though *****. i'll still fourstock your falco when you get back

rofl
Lol shucks, does that mean I can't be on your PR?

I'm so noob =/
you should come to AZ sometime, i really want to play your marth. your fox sucked back in the day though (i seen your matches with genesis hella long time ago) hahaha

Oh but I am maining Sheik though. Gimp your **** all day son! Chain throw! Haters gon' hate. Get money get paid.
Oh **** :( at least i'll **** other oos sheiks with all my jackie sheik practice though ^_^

Interesting post.
Xander was correct. Your sheik isn't amazing. Love you though, Rob.

And if we play on saturday, i'm going marth on you just to prove it.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
you should come to AZ sometime, i really want to play your marth. your fox sucked back in the day though (i seen your matches with genesis hella long time ago) hahaha
Having spent almost 2 weeks in NY, I'm inclined to respond:

N***** my old school fox would run circles round your game, AND your guitar.

In all seriousness, my fox stopped trying to be cool and instead just learned to bair and nair. If I ever come to AZ I would definitely like to play you though! =D

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
"Not professional" is not applicable since I'm not professional.
Stop putting words in Chris's mouth!
He would rather have other things there.
Like *****es.
Jk, 17 year olds.
Knives Chau!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm a ****. There's also not a single good sheik main in arizona. I'm sorry that you get relatively easy brackets and beat tai twice in a HEAVILY favored matchup.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Right, sorry. I didn't read the cues that said "sucked" meant "not professional". I was just under the impression that Xander was a complete d***.
If you suck then you're not professional, it's that simple.

And yes I agree you get easy *** brackets. And fighting Tai at the last 3 tournies in a row. Rigged bracket much?

gtfo and have other people set up the bracket or some **** thats some bs. need to get ***** by chris or jackie for once.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Xander owning up to being a **** *high five* welcome to the club. It's fun.

Get ***** by my Sheik all day, Chris! NO ESCAPE!
Have fun partying while I go to bed so I work in the morning :(

...wait I just realized everyone is trolling Rob and not Xander. Lol. What a refresher. Spencer's back so I can troll him again. I wonder when it's my turn to get trolled <3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
And yes I agree you get easy *** brackets. And fighting Tai at the last 3 tournies in a row. Rigged bracket much?.
Last 2 tournaments, but it was 3 sets total.

Also, I still think Sheik vs Marth is just a 60/40 matchup (Sheik's favor), but I also think that I was playing it very incorrectly, which is more of a fault on me than Rob.

I also agree with Xander and Spencer when they say that at the last two or three tournaments, you had the easiest brackets in the world compared to your skill peers. Then again, it's mostly my fault for losing and giving you a seeded bracket :laugh:, but that sorta goes back to square 1.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
lol @ Xander owning up to being a **** *high five* welcome to the club. It's fun.

Get ***** by my Sheik all day, Chris! NO ESCAPE!
Have fun partying while I go to bed so I work in the morning :(

...wait I just realized everyone is trolling Rob and not Xander. Lol. What a refresher. Spencer's back so I can troll him again. I wonder when it's my turn to get trolled <3
Yeah man trollin people.

And Jackie I ain't seein much trollin yet dawg.

But I did hear you like trollin so we put trollin in your trollin so you can troll while you troll.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Put my trollin into Xander's trollin, then put that trollin into Jackie's trollin.

Make a baby troll that I'd like to call super trollinnn =D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
So, looking at the last bracket...

Tai beat Jackie in pools, therefore, instead of beating Tim and then fighting Jackie and losing, I played Tai. If Jackie had beat Tai in pools, I would have gotten eliminated second round by Jackie. Then I would've fought Vat-GrizzlyBear, who I can't say how I would've done. Hypothetically, if I beat him though, I'd have to fight the loser of Tai and Forward. Then I would've fought Jeff and still gotten 5th.

In fact, the only person who had a crazy hard bracket was Brian who had to fight Jackie in Losers 1st round.

Signia

Smash Lord
lol AZ is ****ed up. *****es gettin owned by Okami and all I see are johns. Btw I challenge everyone Tai's skill level and down to a $2 MM. I'm a marth main from SoCal visiting AZ for a few days with Okami while he settles in for college.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dude Derp and I think Poppycock should win, but after last week when they did Youtube submissions and Jackie Evancho came onto the scene, it pretty much killed Poppycock's and probably anyone else's chances.

Poppycock should definitely win though, the whole character is just great coupled with his amazing voice is already pretty much a vegas show.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
It only took me one set, with one person for me to not make it out of pools last tourney. After that my matches with everyone else didn't matter anymore.

0-1'd and out, feelsbadman.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dude Joey, remember that one time when I randomly went to IHOP with just SV and you asked Brittany if you could give her your phone number? Good times. And do you remember I was going to ask if she liked BJ's (the restaurant across the street). I just couldn't do it man.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So, looking at the last bracket...

Tai beat Jackie in pools, therefore, instead of beating Tim and then fighting Jackie and losing, I played Tai. If Jackie had beat Tai in pools, I would have gotten eliminated second round by Jackie. Then I would've fought Vat-GrizzlyBear, who I can't say how I would've done. Hypothetically, if I beat him though, I'd have to fight the loser of Tai and Forward. Then I would've fought Jeff and still gotten 5th.

In fact, the only person who had a crazy hard bracket was Brian who had to fight Jackie in Losers 1st round.
Just saying, the "perfect" seeding would have had you on the other side of the bracket. TO's usually try to separate people who played in pools.

Also, I'll MM you, Signia.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Jackie Evancho is going to win.
If a chicken catcher from butt**** nowhere can give a mediocre audition performance that fuels middle-america into giving him the win, a 10-year-old girl with a genuinely amazing voice will sweep that ****.

Poppycock is a better showman and has a good voice himself, but honestly, if he doesn't win, he's still become popular enough to make money doing what he does when this is all over.
If it's possible for a dance team to win, it will be Fighting Gravity.
Doogie Horner was actually pretty funny this last episode, so if he does well later he might deserve it too, but comedians that aren't legendary just don't make an amazing Vegas show.
Dan Sperry is the only good magician because it's enjoyable watching the man himself as he does a trick, not just the trick.

MELEE!!!

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
lol! tommy you were so cool! and theres a bj's here too except its a clothing store. but man i wish she wouldve said yes. maybe i shouldve asked for her aim. if she had one. and no tai! dont do it! that pedophile signia is always unaware of whats actually happening in matches and just throws out random moves! and hes OKAMI's friend so they probably play the same. you cant play people like that! ;)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Eh, Evancho isn't as good a singer as Poppycock she just did a song that brought out her voice more so.

He has better general showmanship and is what you'd go in expecting to see at a show. A lot of people still like Michael Grimm and stuff too. Too many of the singers though seem the typical type where it's like "win something and become sensation durr".

If Poppycock doesn't win I'll know it's just because America is ******** lol. I pretty much lost all/any hope I had in the audience last season for their voting of Kevin Skinner to win when he has a ****ing horrendous voice.

Signia

Smash Lord
that pedophile signia
wat
is always unaware of whats actually happening in matches
no
and just throws out random moves!
No
and hes OKAMI's friend so they probably play the same.
NO ...

We have opposite mindsets

Edit: money match responses
GG7: no, I said Tai's skill level and below. Even if Tai can beat you (doubt it) you
re falcon is still a monster. I'll consider it if there are very few other takers, but I'd have to get very lucky to win.
Tai: accepted

Top Bottom