• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

AXE 09

Smash Master
Darn it, I keep losing to Peaches lol.

First Light
then MacD
then Mikey Linetiaejpzldkxcjpeoaidj (however you spell his name)
then Armada
soon Silly Kyle
and now I have this new Peach to worry about :(

Peach will haunt me forever.

Although I actually like Peach lol. I kinda wanna start playing her =D

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
First person to post after this post who is actually going to be at the monthly I'll buy lunch. Yes you heard that right, something from the food court at the student union(if we're there) =D.

GOGOGO

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
That's fine Tommy. Just like, don't make it more than $10 k? If it's a little more than $10 it's okay but don't buy the biggest meal possible or anything :p

Panda Bowl works anyways though that's like $5 and I'm gettin panda express tomorrow too =D haha.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Darn it, I keep losing to Peaches lol.

First Light
then MacD
then Mikey Linetiaejpzldkxcjpeoaidj (however you spell his name)
then Armada
soon Silly Kyle
and now I have this new Peach to worry about :(

Peach will haunt me forever.

Although I actually like Peach lol. I kinda wanna start playing her =D
Lenetia. Seriously, it's not that hard. XD

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Lol my bad. I can't spell ^^

Darn it Spencer, I want free food :( Lol it's ok though. Just curious, is there any reason why you offered to buy lunch for someone?
Cuz I've been a big dbag and I feel I should be nice and pay people back...

Nah but it's cuz I got my financial aid and while I probly shouldnt be buying someone lunch since I'll be buying Chris food when he takes me home since he always buys me food I just thought I'd be nice(because I am nice actually, believe it or not) and buy someone lunch haha.

And I thought it'd be a nice little thing to see who would get to it first, but I guess I should have figured Tommy would get to it since he probly lurks here a lot and just posts when he feels like it =P.

Anyway that's why haha.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spencer: Send Sean his copy back. I have a spare I'll hook you up with next time we smash. (No, it's not my ****ty one. I'll hold onto that, since it only works in my cube anyway.)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'll give you it next time Sean. Like said I didn't have the case for the game disc with me so if I gave it to anyone it coulda broke.

Fun times last night everyone. Good stuff.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Original Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11026205

Falco
Laser Camp (Ability)
Locks down opponent when terrain is favorable.
Type: Fire/Flying
Tier: Top

HP: 130
Attack: 150
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 120
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 90

FalcOffensive Item: Blaster Nature: Adamant/Hasty
Moveset
~ Combo Starter
~ Shinebair
~ Dthrow Reaction
~ Shine Turnaround Bair

EVs: 252 Atk/196 Spe/60 SpA

One of the top combo characters of this current metagame. The FalcOffensive build can use his Combo Starters to Nair or Dair into battle. This is then followed by another Combo Starter like Shine. Finally, finish with a powerful Shinebair. When the opponent is recovering, the best option is always to be flashy with this build...so run off the edge and
Do a Barrel Roll!
Shine Turnaround Bair to edgeguard. Feel free to try a Dthrow Reaction which could lead to another Combo Starter. The downside to this build is that it is more succeptible to offstage gimps.

Physically Bulky Item: Blaster Nature: Careful/Timid
Moveset
~ Laser Camp
~ Crouch Cancel Shine
~ Shinebair
~ Choo Choo Train

EVs: 252 SpA/252 Def/4 HP

If you thought Wobbuffet was loads of fun, then maybe this build is the right one for you. Although Falco has a high Attack stat with the ability to combo, some prefer to use a defensive wall approach to fighting other characters. This bird can use Laser Camp to stall out the opponent to force the opponent to consider playing riskier. Falco can use his second move to stop several non-grab approaches. With STAB and a base power of 90, his Shinebair is there as a powerful move to finish off those stocks. Choo Choo Train is a laughable, yet effective move that involves Fsmashing across the ground to catch an unsuspecting opponent who wrongly predicts you wouldn't be stupid enough to do a Fsmash two, three, maybe even four times.

Team Options

Falco can work well with Marth or Sheik especially well. The two teammates can gimp, tech chase, and chaingrab while Falco combos. Falco can save Marth and Sheik offstage with either Lasers or Shine when they can't reach the edge.

Fox is also a possible teammate consideration for Falco. This would be the most offensive approach which can overwhelm less experienced players who are used to a slower style of play. The main roadblock is that because both characters are fastfallers, neither can effectively hold stocks as someone like Peach might. They can both get gimped for this reason.

Another plausible team option for Falco is Ness. Although Ness is shamefully bad, Falco can heal Ness with lasers, doubling as a beatdown fighter and white mage. Aside from healing Ness, there are no advantages to this team. In fact, you might consider teaming with a Luvdisc.

Other Options

Falco can substitute Dsmash **** for Shine Turnaround Bair. The problem with Dsmash **** is that it isn't as flashy and doesn't require as much technical consistency. However, if this is a problem, consider adding Walljump Dair instead. It is especially effective when used on the last stock. Bonus points if you can pause and zoom in and out before the end of the match.

EVs

Placing the EVs in Defensive spots or Offensive spots really depends on what kind of Falco you want to use. If you want a more spacing oriented Falco, you might want to consider placing more EVs in Defense and Special Attack. If you want an unpredictable offensive train to give people the business with, consider putting EVs in Attack. While Speed EVs are useful, it should be noted that Falco can walk nearly as fast as he can run.

Opinion

While Fox can gimp with Shine and combo well, Falco has the ability to use his Shine to combo vertically better. Falco can also camp more effectively than Fox because his lasers have hitstun, whereas Fox's do not. The downside to Falco is that he is slower and can get gimped more easily due to his lack of recovery. Falco must rely on clever maneuvering to avoid getting killed at early percents.

Counters

Falco's greatest counter is Marth on Final Destination. When Falco's fighting Marth, he should play very carefully or be very technically consistent and be sure not to make any errors. If counterpicked here against a Marth who is good at getting grabs, instead of playing out the match, just forfeit the match and counterpick your favorite stage to save time.

Another counter that you might encounter is Fox, who can gimp at early percents. Although Falco can be gimped, because Fox is a fast faller, Falco can combo back in response. Lasers will be useful in this matchup.

The last plausible counter is Pikachu. Because Pikachu is nimble and agile, he can run around and duck under several lasers. He can gimp Falco, while Falco is at full HP
...because Electric is super effective against Flying
with Bthrow off edge, Ftilt, Tail Spike. Aside from the gimp, Falco's worst fear should be not knowing the matchup.

Note: If you fight any Yoshi's with Falco, losing is not an option.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I'm clearly the worst Falco, I did get last in the all-Falco tournament after all.

Rob, tldnr. Is that how you spent your last day of summer?

I have an extra melee case.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
good times at the tourney sorry I missed you jackie, but glad to play and see everyone, maybe will happen more often this year since won't be playing wow and don't have too heavy a classload.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
wow is garbage, why would you ever willingly play that game, when you live in an active scene for the best game ever conceived.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rob: In my opinion you have Falcos HP and Defense mixed up. Falco is a very durable, survivable character on the basis that you're able to avoid getting gimped.

Falco can CC moves to a relatively high percentage, as well as being one of the more resiliant characters to over the top KOS. In teams, Falco benefits from sticking to the platforms, and his very good shield game.

Falco's DEFENSIVE stat should be reversed because Falco's DEFENSIVE options are superior. His actual RECOVERY (HP) should be the mediocre 50.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i played wow as a friendly game to keep in touch with people in phoenix who I couldn't see this summer, much like the reasons I play smash more for social reasons than competitive ones

Jane

Smash Hero
wow isnt really a bad game at all. in fact, its such a GOOD GAME, that it is notoriously known for turning people into addicts.

when something has the ability to addict you, im pretty sure its really really good. lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
not necessarily...

some games use cheap psychological manipulation to hook you onto certain things (like leveling up) that don't require any sort of good game design or actual fun/depth.

Jane

Smash Hero
maybe so, but thats not wow because wow actually has an immense amount of depth, and fun, and great design.

not that i play or anything, just sayin

Top Bottom