• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
how come nobody ever accepts my MM's! gah! and duffy thats their fault. and signia youre a pedo deal with it. and it sounds like your ashamed to be okami's friend. and how about if we meet we MM your marth vs. my DK. and yeah thats how you play.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
are you serious? i asked him to MM my DK and youre thinking about doing it if you feel confident? fine! duffo i challenge you to a MM my roy vs. whatever character you want. do you accept!? also i challenge anyone to MM me. my ness vs. their sheik, final destination only. you guys are *****es anyways so you wouldnt do it and you think im kidding.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Joey; Lets mm when you get back. I'll be happy to give you a free 1$.

lol AZ is ****ed up. *****es gettin owned by Okami and all I see are johns. Btw I challenge everyone Tai's skill level and down to a $2 MM. I'm a marth main from SoCal visiting AZ for a few days with Okami while he settles in for college.
If you're going to be at the tournament I'll mm you.

@Rob:

MM me.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
oh, i also need a ride to the smashfest tomorrow.

i can take the bus to the tournament saturday, but im carrying my setup. any chance someone could pick me up then, too?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Seriously. Duffy's right. The pools are there for the unranked players. It gives them more serious matches as well as a better understanding of where they lie.
It only took me one set, with one person for me to not make it out of pools last tourney. After that my matches with everyone else didn't matter anymore.

0-1'd and out, feelsbadman.
There's your answer Rob.

On a side note, chatting up girls on the bus is nice :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Seriously. Duffy's right. The pools are there for the unranked players. It gives them more serious matches as well as a better understanding of where they lie.
What about that thing where you said we could make another bracket only for the people who got 2-0'd in the main bracket? I honestly think that's an excellent idea for the lesser-skilled players to play more AND see who's the best between all of them.

We should take out like $5 (the entrance fee) from the total pot and give that to the winner of the 2nd bracket :) Whatcha guys think?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I may not be part of the scene, but giving payout from the main tourney to people already eliminated seems a bit too generous, let alone giving them their own seperate bracket.

tw1n

Smash Champion
What about that thing where you said we could make another bracket only for the people who got 2-0'd in the main bracket? I honestly think that's an excellent idea for the lesser-skilled players to play more AND see who's the best between all of them.

We should take out like $5 (the entrance fee) from the total pot and give that to the winner of the 2nd bracket :) Whatcha guys think?
I think its a great idea. It would give me a chance to win money hahaha

(if only I lived and competed in AZ)

Jane

Smash Hero
But then that opens to possibility of people sandbagging just to get in the easy bracket to win money hahaha. Id do it if i was "borderline" skill level lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
they probably didn't get jew'd as hard as i did. like i said it took me one set to get out.

inb4stopsucking

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

so if i get 4th place

i don't win anything

but if i forfeit 0-2 and then beat everyone else that got out 0-2

i would get something?

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
man! i wish i was in AZ even more now! all these wonderful chances to take money hahahahahahaha! and of course i will MM you xander if you deem yourself worthy by beating that okami pedo and his friend! and seriously you guys should record those MM's.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hmm... The untrustworthiness is what would kill your idea Axe :(

I guess that's where friendlies or MM's come in to show who is better lol

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
GOOD POSTS (ie how to trash talk or post negative things without being a jerk)(and some other stuff)

Well Joey needs to get past my Peach in tournament first!! 2-1 baby!! Haha :D
okay, lol

good sheik players just make more sense to me. they can still outplay me, but their styles don't catch me off guard.
Tai, you need to work on your techchasing versus Sheiks. You do some wavedash braking thingy after your side throws that doesn't lead to much. I think you would benefit from committing to a good old fsmash off the stage instead of dancing around for another grab.

I also think your Fox knows the Falcon matchup well, offensively that is. You know how to pressure him from behind, probably from studying those Cactuar vids. If you played smarter defensively and with DI, it would be a Falcon-slayer for sure.

Jackie's Sheik seems to have trouble against Foxes unless he plays near the edge the whole match, but that's a **** move. He'll probably main Sheik before he retires and go to an OoS tourney before he graduates.

I need to go to the next tournament so that my Falco can be on the rankings :D

Smashersaxophonist7 deserves a higher spot too, he did well in the last one.

PS Kira Lucien Sfat
I'd rather make-out with sober girls than drunk ones like you jajaja(****it Jackie).

And yeah I was definitely pretty nervous in that match Joey haha. There was times where I was thinking too hard about what to do next and just not paying attention to playing.

I kinda did that when you did that reverse bair to kill my 2nd stock in that match. Either way I enjoy watching/playing your Fox Joey because your tech skill isn't too much but it's nice and consistent.

If anyone wants to play Smash during the school year I'll be free Fridays because I won't have class. I'll be working out a lot too but if I can get a phone(which I'm hoping for) then it should be easy to contact me about stuff and all =)
lol yeah jeff! that was like the easiest popularity boost haha even though i was already at the peak of coolness! and that's why i said that kick part so someone can bring it up lol
You'll have to get past Rubyiris first!

Can you accomplish the unaccomplishable?
look at my amazingness! well the 2nd match lol and read the comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7vnpZNPe8
I love Falcon but he just can't take an edgeguard for ****.
I don't think my Marth will be as good as it used to be, I just spam dsmash too much now and SD too much too.
My Falco would be good if I had tech skill and practiced, but I don't and I have the worst Falco in Tucson.
Rest spamming is hilarious but not competitively smart.
My Peach is getting better with fancy float cancel nairs but I don't like using turnips.

So what does that mean? I've chosen a main.

I am maining
made you look.

I want to accelerate my Pikachu so I can do team Pikachu with Jeff at a big tournament. Time for some upB practice. What else should I practice with Pikachu, Jeff?

Oh but I am maining Sheik though. Gimp your **** all day son! Chain throw! Haters gon' hate. Get money get paid.
wow good **** joey. should have played out gamer 3 though *****. i'll still fourstock your falco when you get back

you should come to AZ sometime, i really want to play your marth. your fox sucked back in the day though (i seen your matches with genesis hella long time ago) hahaha

Oh **** :( at least i'll **** other oos sheiks with all my jackie sheik practice though ^_^

Xander was correct. Your sheik isn't amazing. Love you though, Rob.

And if we play on saturday, i'm going marth on you just to prove it.
lol @ Xander owning up to being a **** *high five* welcome to the club. It's fun.

Get ***** by my Sheik all day, Chris! NO ESCAPE!
Have fun partying while I go to bed so I work in the morning :(

...wait I just realized everyone is trolling Rob and not Xander. Lol. What a refresher. Spencer's back so I can troll him again. I wonder when it's my turn to get trolled <3
Last 2 tournaments, but it was 3 sets total.

Also, I still think Sheik vs Marth is just a 60/40 matchup (Sheik's favor), but I also think that I was playing it very incorrectly, which is more of a fault on me than Rob.

I also agree with Xander and Spencer when they say that at the last two or three tournaments, you had the easiest brackets in the world compared to your skill peers. Then again, it's mostly my fault for losing and giving you a seeded bracket :laugh:, but that sorta goes back to square 1.
So, looking at the last bracket...

Tai beat Jackie in pools, therefore, instead of beating Tim and then fighting Jackie and losing, I played Tai. If Jackie had beat Tai in pools, I would have gotten eliminated second round by Jackie. Then I would've fought Vat-GrizzlyBear, who I can't say how I would've done. Hypothetically, if I beat him though, I'd have to fight the loser of Tai and Forward. Then I would've fought Jeff and still gotten 5th.

In fact, the only person who had a crazy hard bracket was Brian who had to fight Jackie in Losers 1st round.
no johns get better
quit and then says he wants to play 8 hours at a time with xander
BAD POSTS (ie how to trash talk and post negative things while being a jerk)(and some other stuff)

Yay, Arizona will finally have a Sheik that doesn't suck. Sean and Omar don't count.

Also me and Shiv want to smash sometime this week.
LOL! You still don't have a say. You realize you quit, right?
i can do whatever the **** i want. shut the **** up
Right, sorry. I didn't read the cues that said "sucked" meant "not professional". I was just under the impression that Xander was a complete d***.
Xander's still a d***.
I'm a ****. There's also not a single good sheik main in arizona. I'm sorry that you get relatively easy brackets and beat tai twice in a HEAVILY favored matchup.
If you suck then you're not professional, it's that simple.

And yes I agree you get easy *** brackets. And fighting Tai at the last 3 tournies in a row. Rigged bracket much?

gtfo and have other people set up the bracket or some **** thats some bs. need to get ***** by chris or jackie for once.
well okami? what do you think of your friends choice? hahaha! hey you should record those MM's! hey if we ever meet anywhere than ill MM you.
Well that's all there is to it really. I perused the last 8 pages or so and just picked random posts which I thought were good or bad. I hate that I'm doing this, because I rarely like getting involved, and to me this is a sign that the stupid infighting has gotten really bad. I don't know, maybe I'm just soft. But some of the posts up there, they aren't hyping me up, they're making me rage, or just sad.

Something of note: as I see it, Chris and Jackie rarely make hurtful posts (feelings blah blah just man up and think about it). I think it has to do with the tone in which they post, which is a direct reflection of their behavior in person. When other people make similar posts though, IT DOESN'T COME OFF THE SAME WAY, because that's kinda how you act outside the Net as well.

That's the end of my involvement, which, lol, wasn't much at all.

tldr, which it isn't and you should, I want some of you to know that I don't respect you when you post like this.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Shiv, using Jesus powers while in Ghandi form, has shown us the path to righteousness.

I love you man, I haven't seen you in a while now.

AXE 09

Smash Master
...And to me this is a sign that the stupid infighting has gotten really bad. I don't know, maybe I'm just soft. But some of the posts up there, they aren't hyping me up, they're making me rage, or just sad.

Something of note: as I see it, Chris and Jackie rarely make hurtful posts (feelings blah blah just man up and think about it). I think it has to do with the tone in which they post, which is a direct reflection of their behavior in person. When other people make similar posts though, IT DOESN'T COME OFF THE SAME WAY, because that's kinda how you act outside the Net as well.

That's the end of my involvement, which, lol, wasn't much at all.

tldr, which it isn't and you should, I want some of you to know that I don't respect you when you post like this.
This is exactly how I feel and exactly what I've been thinking.

This thread is just turning into a bunch of fighting and attacking each other. I'm sick of reading all of the posts that many of you guys are making and it's really making me upset. There's a BIG reason why I rarely post in this thread anymore and Shiv explained it very well. Enough with all the hatred. You guys make me not want to come to Tucson anymore.

Duff0

Smash Ace
There really isn't drama though. It's just the great but not pro players here (chris and jackie) like to make sure everyone knows that everyone isnt as good haha.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Joey and Ryan (that's your name, right Signia?) I'll money match you seven different times with seven different of my characters.

The jetfour MM special <3

Manny beat me when I used 3 different characters :(

Rob, I'm going bar hopping with my boo tonight but text me tomorrow afternoon when you guys are available and hopefully I won't be too busy.

I won't be going to the tournament since I'll be at work until 9pm.

Jeff, you ignored my post about Pika, I hate you >:(

P.S. That was me posting on Chris's account.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Anyways.

Looks like Rob isn't going to be until late, so I'm thinking I host. Speedway & Country Club. What's up.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Joey and Ryan (that's your name, right Signia?) I'll money match you seven different times with seven different of my characters.

The jetfour MM special <3

Manny beat me when I used 3 different characters :(

Rob, I'm going bar hopping with my boo tonight but text me tomorrow afternoon when you guys are available and hopefully I won't be too busy.

I won't be going to the tournament since I'll be at work until 9pm.

Jeff, you ignored my post about Pika, I hate you >:(

P.S. That was me posting on Chris's account.
hell yeah! i knew you would answer lol ok like dittos? or what? and when i come back ok? or how about characters we dont actually use? thats sounds so much more fun! and yeah there is drama! its called why im better than everyone else!

Jane

Smash Hero
when shiv says some ****, its serious business

as can be seen by the like, 8 posts after his being direct responses to his insight

tldr, which it isn't and you should
lol the way you worded this was just so manly.

shivs post gets a 10/10

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'm bringing a friend to the tourney this weekend

(if you're wondering, he uses peach, much to my dismay)

kyle, wanna take care of him LOL?

Top Bottom