• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
that'd be tight if it's ONLY melee so we can get colorado to come down and maybe NM too
That weekend or the one after I'll be in Denver with my tw1n and his gf so I won't be able to go :(

plus the weekend after I'll be needing to work to make up for the hours lost >.<

/johns

Plus the majority of NM is Brawl. Had a melee fest the other day with a good turnout tho :D

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
If I get off work in time, I'll actually enter singles this time. It'll be my second Tucson tourney in singles lolz. I've only entered twice in Sierra Vista.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
If I get off work in time, I'll actually enter singles this time. It'll be my second Tucson tourney in singles lolz. I've only entered twice in Sierra Vista.
Go for gold or go for broke

Hey for your panelist poll thing. Why not do Challenge system AND Panelist. That way if someone thinks they've been robbed despite obvious tourney results, they can always challenge the next person above them.

:D

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
random q, twins -- how do we tell the difference between you two in person? besides spending enough time around you guys, of course.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
random q, twins -- how do we tell the difference between you two in person? besides spending enough time around you guys, of course.
Jane said:
1 is taller than a
Tee ay eye said:
A usually wears a cap, and I think his skin is slightly lighter.
Both very good observations and facts.

The skin part is a little hard to tell though especially because we've both been getting a lack of sun due to school :p

I usually wear my Tae kwon do hat backwards to tourneys and such (saves me the trouble of doing my hair and it usually provides some form of luck lol).

Other differences:
1:
nose is slightly crooked due to it breaking years back.
taller by an inch or so
never ever does his hair
wears a watch
has a thinner head
less built (but hard to tell)
is usually overzealous after doing a magic trick (he'll usually scream or make a big deal out of it)

A:
shorter
more built
TKD hat (if hat is not being worn then my hair will be gelled or styled in some way)
no watch
usually more willing to wrestle or spar
better at melee (oh snap... but true)

And usually if we're performing magic we'll be doing different tricks than the other one, but that'll be too hard to tell.

Common misconceptions:
-If you call one of us expect the other one to usually look as well. This is due to many people mixing us up so we just look anyways, or to see who is calling our brother.
-Never ever ever try to get us to fight the other one. It won't happen. Odds are if you try getting us into a fight we'll just turn on you instead. If we're going to fight odds are its just between us so just stay out of it :p
-Yes we do know how the other one does all of his magic tricks and no we won't teach you (some special exceptions have been made of course. <3)
-We both tend to have a huge sense of humor and both of us can take a joke very well. As well we tend to hit every form of messed up (thank God Taj can take a joke otherwise he would have killed us 2 minutes into meeting him)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I think one of the Twin's has a discolored tooth, so you can totally tell that way
Yeah but thats getting fixed haha

(plus its not my fondest thing to bring up >.>)

Sad story behind that actually. Got jumped after a wrestling dual by a guy and a bunch of his friends because I beat the crap out of him in our match. Way to be a good sport huh >.<

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear that.

When I was in 4th grade, I went face first into the street from my bike and broke my two front teeth. The nerve in my tooth died and it turned purple.

Then I had braces for a couple years... so I couldn't get it completely fixed...

After I got them off, I had porcelain veneers put on. =]

AXE 09

Smash Master
holy crap. i'm sorry to hear that twin A and kyle.......

but on a lighter note :)

i just passed vertex beta for the first time!!!!!! YES!!!! take that Xander!!!! lmao jk, you're still a lot better than me, but i'll catch up, you'll see!!!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I've been trying so hard to switch to a different play style for stepmania since one handed three finger style only gets you so far. It's hard to switch styles in that game.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

i just passed vertex beta for the first time!!!!!! YES!!!! take that Xander!!!! lmao jk, you're still a lot better than me, but i'll catch up, you'll see!!!
Vertex Beta is not that hard

Well, I played 3-finger, so I kinda cheated (meaning, left hand middle and index, with my right middle finger for up and right, switching when I needed to)

I can't play Stepmania on any keyboards I get anymore because their arrow keys are too sh**ty to register multiple fast button presses.

I've tried at least five times to get back into it playing spread, but I just don't have the motivation. Tommy's right: switching styles is hard in SM

AXE 09

Smash Master
Vertex Beta is not that hard

Well, I played 3-finger, so I kinda cheated (meaning, left hand middle and index, with my right middle finger for up and right, switching when I needed to)

I can't play Stepmania on any keyboards I get anymore because their arrow keys are too sh**ty to register multiple fast button presses.

I've tried at least five times to get back into it playing spread, but I just don't have the motivation. Tommy's right: switching styles is hard in SM
QUIET MORTAL!!!!!

i worked so hard to beat it lol. darn you tai!

i still like playing indexes ^^

everyone should play stepmania more

but of course, smash should be everyone's priority =)

i miss you tommy!

Twin_A

Smash Champion

Haha I had to reread because I am a Kyle as well.

**** happens and life goes on though right? Learn from it and make yourself a better person.

And stepmania is awesome. Too bad my comp is to crappy for it :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
QUIET MORTAL!!!!!

i worked so hard to beat it lol. darn you tai!

i still like playing indexes ^^

everyone should play stepmania more

but of course, smash should be everyone's priority =)

i miss you tommy!
Smash is another reason I stopped playing Stepmania :)

Top Bottom