• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Rotc is for officers.

navy, airforce, and id you want to count them apart fromthe navy, marines, wont except anyone unless they have a certain type of hs diploma. Being in shape doesnt matter you can do the delayed entry, theyll get you fit for boot. Also a lot of the issues with joining is per recruiter, ie tattoos, stretched ears, and hair.

Army is one of the easiest to get in though for sure.

Jane

Smash Hero
FRIENDS, IT IS TIME. GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY ***** TODAY AND GO VOTE. I'M NOT TRYING TO PUSH ANY AGENDA ('SIDES MARIJUANA, BUT YOU ALL ALREADY KNEW THAT :yeahboi: ), JUST PLEASE, GO OUT AND LET YOUR VOTE BE COUNTED!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If the Interview goes south, I'm a 15~20 minute walk from Tucson Mall, and all of its surrounding strip malls, which is good. Just hoping the interview DOESN'T go badly, of course. (:

All ready to go. Just gotta kill 2 hours, lol.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Oh my god Johnny I ****ing love that picture.

That is quite possibly the only thing that can make me like Bush LMFAO

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
My votes wouldn't matter because I want to ban tobacco, marijuana, alcohol, and cigarettes. Sorry that I don't like hearing about people dying of drug overdoses, alcohol-related incidents, and Ubuntized ra-tards.

Jane

Smash Hero
so basically youre an anti-american fascist who doesnt believe in personal freedom? :yeahboi:

jk rob dont get *** chapped

...but seriously

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
rob's part of the political party which i like to call "playa hataz".
nvm thought it was wednesday :/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
My votes wouldn't matter because I want to ban tobacco, marijuana, alcohol, and cigarettes. Sorry that I don't like hearing about people dying of drug overdoses, alcohol-related incidents, and Ubuntized ra-tards.
I'm not a smoker, but...

It would take about 15,000 joints in 20 minutes to overdose on marijuana.

and...

Moderate (recreational) marijuana use hasn't really been linked to lung cancer, and marijuana might actually be very slightly preventative of cancer because it kills (?) cancer-prone cells.

Just saying.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Brain-cell damage is probably the strongest case against mayjay.
>>why I stopped in the middle of my first college semester

This convo can go on for daaaaaaays

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Brain-cell damage is probably the strongest case against mayjay.
>>why I stopped in the middle of my first college semester

This convo can go on for daaaaaaays
Other stuff too but idc people can do whatever they want.

As long as I have the freedom of choice idgaf that much.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
"We've shown that the marijuana gateway effect is not the best explanation for the link between marijuana use and the use of harder drugs ... An alternative, simpler and more compelling explanation accounts for the pattern of drug use you see in this country, without resort to any gateway effects. While the gateway theory has enjoyed popular acceptance, scientists have always had their doubts. Our study shows that these doubts are justified.

One reason the risk factor for abusing drugs in cannabis users is higher is because few people try hard drugs prior to trying cannabis, not because cannabis users increasingly try hard drugs such as amphetamines. For example, cannabis is typically available at a significantly earlier age than other illicit drugs. Further research has shown that people with a disposition to resort to cannabis use are more likely to live longer and healthier lives than users of other 'social drugs' such as alcohol."

Duff0

Smash Ace
"We've shown that the marijuana gateway effect is not the best explanation for the link between marijuana use and the use of harder drugs ... An alternative, simpler and more compelling explanation accounts for the pattern of drug use you see in this country, without resort to any gateway effects. While the gateway theory has enjoyed popular acceptance, scientists have always had their doubts. Our study shows that these doubts are justified.
The pattern of drug use meaning... weed then harder drugs?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Marijuana is a gateway.
Assuming this is a case against marijuana, a gateway would make marijuana look bad because of a judgment of the combination of particular factors rather than the substance in question in and of itself. An example, the use of herione, is indeed a bad outcome of a gateway, but the only direct reasons you'd do heroine would be the presence of a heroine dealer and the subject's irresponsibility, not the marijuana which may or may not have had anything to do with getting either of those factors to meet.
It doesn't quite work to say marijuana is bad because the heroine will be bad (going off the example).

Then should come the argument of weed by itself.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
puff if you wana be super srs. whoever the **** you want if you just wana get smashed, then smash.

Got hired at Vector. Applying for the night shift at Toys r Us.

Living with Ty and Jade's gonna ****. Watch out everyone, we're gonna get mad good.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I got this talk from you guys as well lol.

Night shifts are actually more fun than they sound.
Or possibly creepy considering it's a toy store ;)

Jane

Smash Hero
jesus christ whoever sings the hbox songs sucks **** at singing lol. the great thing about the metaknight one was how well the guy sounded like drake

edit- hahah alright, ending was pretty funny

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Smashfest tonight!

We have 4 setups, 1 of which will be recording.

SV might be showing up. More on that later.

Call/text Jade, Cooper, and I for more info.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I will be heading over after I shower and eat dinner. My Peach is going to send you guys to an early grave. <3

Top Bottom