• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm getting better mother****ers, that's why. Go suck it <3

It was best of 5.
First game was on YI vs. his Sheik. I won.
Second game was on YI vs. his Sheik again. He won.
Third game was on Brinstar vs. his Jigglypuff. I won.
Fourth game was on Dreamland vs. his Captain Falcon. I won.

First game was on YI vs. his Sheik. I won.

YI vs. his Sheik.

YI
FoD, FD, BF, YS, DL, DK64, PS, Brin, RC

Well, duh, it wasn't legit if you guys were playing on Yoshi's Island!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
FoD, FD, BF, YS, DL, DK64, PS, Brin, RC

Well, duh, it wasn't legit if you guys were playing on Yoshi's Island!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I officially love you for this. This is just too hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
There was talk of making the Wed. Night Smashfests consistent Round Robins to keep up on the Tucson Power Rankings.

Is everyone ok with that?

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
@Cooper-That's possibly okay, but how do you factor in someone like Spencer who comes to like 75% of the tournaments but generally can't get a ride there?

Would the tournaments have weight in the rankings?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
@Cooper-That's possibly okay, but how do you factor in someone like Spencer who comes to like 75% of the tournaments but generally can't get a ride there?

Would the tournaments have weight in the rankings?
I'm not planning on going to tournaments anymore though. So don't worry :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Tucson PR:

0. Forward
1/2. Plenip
3. Silly Kyle
4. Rubyiris
5. OkamiBW
6. Shivknight
7. Cooper
8. Tipper
9. Jade
10. Jane

Rusty and Spencer would be somewhere around Shiv/Cooper/Tipper if they were more active.

Cooper and Tipper is a tossup. Atm I feel like Cooper is a more solid player but if Tipper keeps improving the way he is, he'll move up in the rankings.

Shiv playing bad is slightly better than Cooper. Shiv playing well is somewhere between Okami and I. This is backed up by Shiv beating Cooper at the last two monthlies.

I support tucson RRs rekindling the PR, but honestly I don't see our PR changing very much, if at all for quite some time.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Oh, our PR can change in two ways, I would say.

Except switching spots 4 and 5 occasionally? We'll play in tourney and/or RR and we'll have to see. I'm feeling better about beating gay campy Falcos that I previously did.
Also, I feel as though Ben could get better than Cooper.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna lie, Ben is way better than I gave him credit for. I was super impressed with him yesterday.
<3

I'm gonna go way up in these you guys better watch out. unless we measure them off the weeklies, in which case, drunk johns :/

also i wanna see rob and xander play i think thats the closest matchup on here right now. And if this is supposed to be all the players in tucson, and not just the ten best, I think brad (book) and lane (that luigi guy) would probably appreciate being on here. I know brad at least is interested on playing more smash, and the only reason he hasn't been at the weeklies is because he didn't know about them. Oh and Nick/Piman!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spots 4 and 5 won't change, except in the off chance that I'm playing way below my par, and only for a week at most.

As for the rest of tucson being on there;

I honestly just forgot Nick. Everyone else pretty much falls under inactive. It's up to them to start coming out to weeklies, etc.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Hells yeah I'll come to weeklies. I didn't realize I was invited. Cause I'm definitely not inactive.

I only ever play with Fool (my doubles partner) and occasionally with Okami when he hosts, which typically degenerates into Rob and Shiv saying old memes for 2 hours until they kick me out. But I'm always DTS.

Jane

Smash Hero
omg get ****ing hype! when is this grudgematch going down?!?

im sorry but ima have to go with my boy rob on this one.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i'd love to go sean but I'm making it my personal goal to have a job before I go to any more tournaments. that being said if anyone hears of opportunities beyond just applying, lol, please let me know cuz I want to go to these next tournaments! gotta get ready if I might have a chance to smash with dr pp this winter break lol

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
alright well on Wednesday we'll do a rr and get an actual feel for it, the only change i would make is that jade is better than me and tipper, but we'll see on wed. Shiv, consider this an official challenge for your spot!

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
rob vs xander hypeeeeeeee for rob

everyone below shiv better watch out I'm gonna take all y'all out.

I think shiv is definitely still a lot better then me at this point, and the only reason our tourny games were so close is because he was too nice to me :p

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I'm down.

I wish the smashfests were on tuesday/thursday instead of wednesday. I've got this 8am class on thursday mornings that is quite brutal.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
SOMEONE please pass me a box of pizza.. *sits in recliner* stares at laptop frantically pushing the refresh button* XD...

Okami vs RubyIris would indeed be a good set...

Okami has shown... DRASTIC improvement in his game.. and continues to improve...It's really great.. on top of that...continues to place well.. ^^

Xander has been a solid player for a good while now.. and is practically on the verge of cracking the ceiling.. he seemed to be stuck on for a bit... this should be a good set ^^

<3

And I play YOSHI! What more can you ask!?!?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
So i think we should start taking the weeklies a little more seriously. Well im going to at least, especially if were power ranking them.

Tucson smash will rise once again

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
jade i actually had no idea you were like, good at this game. I had never seen you play jiggles before the tourney, you were seriously freaking me out. I was like...WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM.

also triple rest was pretty heroic.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
Haha totally forgot about that. Yeah i used to main puff ive just been ****ing around lately but i think im gonna take it serious again might as well

AXE 09

Smash Master
I wish I could still be in Tucson with you guys :(

I actually miss SV more than anything, but Tucson's awesome too :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Coop and Jade taking things seriously has me really, really pumped. Jade's still got it in him. Not as good as Brian at the moment, but he's giving me a run for my money, and that's what counts. Nowhere to go but up!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I really look forward to practicing with you guys. I actually want to hang out more often at your place and get in some awesome smash sessions other days than the weeklies. I want to see Tucson become stronger than ever

Top Bottom