• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spencer, Shiv, Forrest, Joey, Tim and I used to/are really into pokemon. arizona-wise in the smash community we're generally the go-to guys for pokemon knowledge.

Shiv and Tim are more knowledgeable about the video game.

I am by-far the go-to guy for the TCG if you ever get into it. :p

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
You know, I used to be a tourney pokemon player for the game. You could always ask me for questions, however, I don't believe in cookie cutter teams, so you won't get any Smogon bull**** out of me. <3 you guys.

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
"I thought the pirates took everything already?" -Red Mage
"Ah yes. But they didn't take the stuff that was nailed down." -Theif

"Your GP or your HP!" -Theif while mugging someone
"Ok, you take te ones on the left, and I'll take the ones on the left" Fighter
--"No no, that's not what I'm talking about Fighter," Sage of Swords
"Ok, you take the ones on the left..."
--"Fighter, listen to me: you can't just kill everyone, that's insanity"
"Step aside, or I'll kill you too!"
--"I'm the Sage of Swords, I think I can take you"
"Oh yeah? Well I'll overwhealm you with my supperior numbers!"
--"Wait, wha?...That akes absolutely no sense"
"WHAAAA--!!" 4 Fighters overwhealm the Sword Sage
"...I was right: that made absolutely no sense"

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You know, I used to be a tourney pokemon player for the game. You could always ask me for questions, however, I don't believe in cookie cutter teams, so you won't get any Smogon bull**** out of me. <3 you guys.
Jumpluff is the best pokemon in the game bar-none.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
It really isn't, but I used one as a staller in a match once. xD I gave it Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Leech Seed and Substitute with Chlorophyll and Lefties. xD I angered so many people in those matches.

tw1n

Smash Champion
"Ok, you take te ones on the left, and I'll take the ones on the left" Fighter
--"No no, that's not what I'm talking about Fighter," Sage of Swords
"Ok, you take the ones on the left..."
--"Fighter, listen to me: you can't just kill everyone, that's insanity"
"Step aside, or I'll kill you too!"
--"I'm the Sage of Swords, I think I can take you"
"Oh yeah? Well I'll overwhealm you with my supperior numbers!"
--"Wait, wha?...That akes absolutely no sense"
"WHAAAA--!!" 4 Fighters overwhealm the Sword Sage
"...I was right: that made absolutely no sense"
(God bless google search for whenever I can't remember the exact quote haha)

We are about to witness an inverse relationship between the number of stab wounds I inflict and the number of answers you start giving me.
--Black Mage

Well at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
--Black Mage

We have clearly reached a point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us.
--Black Mage

Black Mage: Okay, shut up. Let's think.
Fighter: I like swords.
Black Mage: Correction, I'll think.

Put the pointy end into the squishy things that scream and bleed.
--Black Mage

White Mage: Okay, an orphanage is on fire. What do you do?"
Black Mage: Use Fire3 to torch the building and then pick off any survivors with Bolt2 set to wide dispersal.

White Mage:Come on now, guys. Let's settle this like adults."
Red Mage: Lie about your saving rolls?
Thief: Steal from the elderly because they can't fight back?
Black Mage: Blast a highly populated area into ashes, blame it on fighter, and run like hell?
Fighter: I knew you were lying about that! I don't even know any spells, Mage. How could I nuke that town?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey AZ, as most of you know.. player Joey, has left AZ, as a kind memento.. I let him keep my controller, and wow... DOES IT SUCK! I didn't think finding another would be so difficult.. =/ lol... so if anyone has spare controllers, they're willin to sell/give cuz ur not using.. i'm open to any/all suggestions... I miss my controller lotz, but Joey has it now... heh a part of me is even regretting givin it to him... =/

anyway yeah lemme know..

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey AZ, as most of you know.. player Joey, has left AZ, as a kind memento.. I let him keep my controller, and wow... DOES IT SUCK! I didn't think finding another would be so difficult.. =/ lol... so if anyone has spare controllers, they're willin to sell/give cuz ur not using.. i'm open to any/all suggestions... I miss my controller lotz, but Joey has it now... heh a part of me is even regretting givin it to him... =/

anyway yeah lemme know..
We have some extra... the only downer is the whole distance between us. If it gets really bad, we'll try mailing you one k =D

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Yea they are getting harder and harder to find. Mine is starting to break down, the best part about texas though we have all these old school video game shops sitting around.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Controllers are getting alot easier to find. Especially since the lawsuit against Nintendo was reversed and they're allowed to produce controllers in the USA again.

For those who didn't know:

There were some components in Nintendo's controllers that someone ELSE had the patent for. Sometime in 08 they sued Nintendo.

I guess Nintendo won rofl.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
My goal is to 4-stock all Tucson spacies with my Ness.

So far, Spencer can be crossed off the list for his Fox and Falco :p

I'M COMING FOR YOU XANDER!

I should follow the AZ tradition of maining a low/bottom tier and secondary-ing a top tier. Pika/Falco, Mewtwo/Marth, Yoshi/Falco... Ness/Sheik? jajaja

AZ... where tiers don't happen. And anger.
And buttsecks.

I used to hate Ness and thing he was just a fair spamming mofo but tech chasing with him is sooooo satisfying. Same thing with PK thundering campy Peaches. You can't float away from me Kyle! Mufufufufu.

NO ESCAPE!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I dont think anyone should ever use Link unless they're a religious fan of the Zelda series

He's SOOOOOO gay

yet somehow so bad at the same time

watch Link fight vs any Peach or Marth. i thought low tiers were supposed to be cool

tw1n

Smash Champion
I dont think anyone should ever use Link unless they're a religious fan of the Zelda series

He's SOOOOOO gay

yet somehow so bad at the same time

watch Link fight vs any Peach or Marth. i thought low tiers were supposed to be cool
Although I still burn on the inside from the set, it is important to remember that a Link did take down Axe's Falco... despite the epic gayness that was the 3rd match, it was still a loss.

Some link's are cool to watch tho. I love watching Germ play. And last I recall, AZ is full of good Link players. Forward, Taj and Wobbles all had very solid Link's lol.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
HDL is soooo ****ing good. His recovery with Link is pretty **** impressive. Germ is the next best Link in my opinion and fun to watch but not as impressive. Aniki was fun to watch back in the day when anybody that beat Ken was cool.

I think Jeff has made Pika seem like upper-mid tier while Taj makes M2 seem at least lower-middle. I don't think Ness has enough potential to ever make it past upper-bottom tier but I like to think that I'm clever enough of a player to pull it off ;)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
LOL Jackie what. I don't know if you saw the matches but a lot of it was just

You ****** me because I don't care against playing against low tiers that much, then me randomly deciding to just go on a rampage. 3 to 1 comebacked you with Falco I believe LOL.

I don't have the patience for that **** especially since I don't regularly play anyways lol.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Pichu is hard to use

My Pichu needs work. It'll get there. Anyway, wassup guys. I don't think I will make it to the tourney cause of work, but I wish all of you luck!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You're comparing your "rampage" single one stock to my multiple four-stocks as NESS!??!?!!

Mufufufufu

Johns

lol what do you want from me, i have no need to play against low tier characters seriously. it's bad enough that i even still play these garbage games at all but when you do you expect me to take a character that no one plays seriously? i would much rather that if someone wants to waste my time by playing smash that they do so in a manner that might actually make me care that i'm playing it at all. same **** with why i would just not care when chris used ylink after awhile and the same thing when he uses mario. i also dont get how or why the smash community in tucson ever came down to this boastful bragging about how bad you can beat someone bull**** but wow.

and to think that i would think about if quitting was the right decision or not. ha, funny of me.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
QUIT IF YOU DARE. You said you have so many times but haven't followed through so your word when it comes to quitting smash is meaningless :p Smash is addicting.

NO ESCAPE.

Maybe when school starts. But it's still summer :p So I can trash talk allll I wanttttt.

Once you beat my spacies with your Ness I can shut up :p and don't act like I have some massive Ness experience advantage. I have like... three smashfest experiences with Ness in the past couple weeks and that's it.

What difference does it make when a great player uses a ****ty character than when a bad player plays a great character? They're both not as challenging but take the time to learn the match up then so you can start 4 stocking me. "I'm not patient enough" is another john and way for you to explicitly say "yeah I got buttsecksed and I have a mental obstacle that I can't overcome." Stoppppppppp johnnnnnnninggggggg and destroy me if my trash talking bugs you so much.

My Ness *****. ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Xander where you at? Flame and troll with me mufufufu

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Spencer, Jackie, tl;dr Nicknyte is awesome.

All you really need to do to express your feelings on a board is to troll the other person, let them talk for you. Watch. Spencer is the Luigi of Arizona.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
QUIT IF YOU DARE. You said you have so many times but haven't followed through so your word when it comes to quitting smash is meaningless :p Smash is addicting.

NO ESCAPE.

Maybe when school starts. But it's still summer :p So I can trash talk allll I wanttttt.

Once you beat my spacies with your Ness I can shut up :p and don't act like I have some massive Ness experience advantage. I have like... three smashfest experiences with Ness in the past couple weeks and that's it.

What difference does it make when a great player uses a ****ty character than when a bad player plays a great character? They're both not as challenging but take the time to learn the match up then so you can start 4 stocking me. "I'm not patient enough" is another john and way for you to explicitly say "yeah I got buttsecksed and I have a mental obstacle that I can't overcome." Stoppppppppp johnnnnnnninggggggg and destroy me if my trash talking bugs you so much.

My Ness *****. ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Xander where you at? Flame and troll with me mufufufu
Pretty much why I stopped "enjoying" any aspect of playing smash. But I guess I'll respond to your meaningless nothing of a post since I'm already here.

1. Many people have quit smash, stfu.

2. Okay, but I like how you say this considering I know nothing about Ness and you're better than me anyways, I really just don't get it honestly.

3. I could care less about beating your spacies with Ness because now you're just trying to justify your wasting my time with a ****ty character by that, how awful.

4. I'd rather play the bad player using the good character because there's actually room for them to learn and there's usefulness in playing against them because it'll actually get somewhere in a way that may be useful to tournaments(such as Rob's recent becoming a beast with Sheik). If the good player is using a bad character what is there to it, they play the bad character for bragging reasons and nothing more, how ****ing useless of a smasher are you if you're doing that?

5. I never say I'm not patient enough, I say I don't care to be as patient as I am, yet somehow when I play like a ****** I manage to beat Xander anyways.

I don't know why you even had to start anything about this anyways. Just say "My Ness is coming along pretty well, I'm proud of what I can do" instead of trying to bring down other players by saying "YEAH I 4 STOCKED YOU, YOU ****ING SUCK", rather it be me or anyone else. Why do I constantly say yeah it's fine for you to come over to play smash? Not because I neccesarily want to, more so because I'm not a **** to people and if they want to hang out with me, that's fine. If you don't mind me blowing you off and not playing smash, then tell me and I'll be just as fine doing that. But it's not like I'm just waiting for you to call and itching to play smash, I quit for 2 months and like said the only reason I still play at all is because you happen to be around a lot and call me up.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much why I stopped "enjoying" any aspect of playing smash. But I guess I'll respond to your meaningless nothing of a post since I'm already here.
Johns so that you can respond. Lol. The point of my post is to stop johnning! I thought that was clear when I wrote it like "stopppp johnnnning".

1. Many people have quit smash, stfu.
I don't give a **** that 'many people have quit'. You've come back to this game so many times because you love it too much :p

2. Okay, but I like how you say this considering I know nothing about Ness and you're better than me anyways, I really just don't get it honestly.

3. I could care less about beating your spacies with Ness because now you're just trying to justify your wasting my time with a ****ty character by that, how awful.
I said that as a response to "You ****** me because I don't care against playing against low tiers that much, then me randomly deciding to just go on a rampage. 3 to 1 comebacked you with Falco I believe LOL." You're trying to give the impression that you didn't win because you don't care. A.k.a. john.

4. I'd rather play the bad player using the good character because there's actually room for them to learn and there's usefulness in playing against them because it'll actually get somewhere in a way that may be useful to tournaments(such as Rob's recent becoming a beast with Sheik). If the good player is using a bad character what is there to it, they play the bad character for bragging reasons and nothing more, how ****ing useless of a smasher are you if you're doing that?
A main reason why I'm good at this game is because I can use different characters, good or bad and pull out victories. Using ****ty ol' Ness refines my spacing and most importantly, lets me know his strengths and weakness firsthand so I know how to play against him. A sort of reverse empathy if you will. You didn't always fare well because you aren't comfortable with the matchup. By playing as Ness, I am able to observe your strengths and weakness too so I know what to abuse and avoid when I play as a spacie. So in playing as Ness I'm preventing getting myself from getting destroyed in the future by a skilled Ness by being prepared. If there's no talented Ness for me to practice against, the next best thing to do is to develop my own Ness and utilize that knowledge.

Like if you play Jeff a lot, you'll naturally be better at Pikachu from picking up his habits. If you play as Pikachu a lot, you'll know what weaknesses to exploit against Jeff.

I don't care if you like playing a ****ty character or not, this is why I play ****ty characters and it is definitely useful. It prepares you and it prepares me.

I do brag because I'm a troll sometimes :D no denying that.

5. I never say I'm not patient enough, I say I don't care to be as patient as I am, yet somehow when I play like a ****** I manage to beat Xander anyways.
*Scrolls up the page*

I don't have the patience for that **** especially since I don't regularly play anyways lol.

I don't know why you even had to start anything about this anyways. Just say "My Ness is coming along pretty well, I'm proud of what I can do" instead of trying to bring down other players by saying "YEAH I 4 STOCKED YOU, YOU ****ING SUCK", rather it be me or anyone else. Why do I constantly say yeah it's fine for you to come over to play smash? Not because I neccesarily want to, more so because I'm not a **** to people and if they want to hang out with me, that's fine. If you don't mind me blowing you off and not playing smash, then tell me and I'll be just as fine doing that. But it's not like I'm just waiting for you to call and itching to play smash, I quit for 2 months and like said the only reason I still play at all is because you happen to be around a lot and call me up.
I didn't talk down upon anyone. The closest thing was me telling you to stop johning. And what better way to say "I'm proud" than "I got a 4-stock"? I set my goal to see how far I could push my Ness regardless of the limits he has. I'm trying to prove that Tucson spacies suck, I'm proving that my Ness is capable of beating them all. It's a showcase of my talent and it's a wake-up call for the city to step up their game and not get whipped around by a little boy with short shorts that yells out every special move he throws at you.

Don't act like you were so smashless. Playing with Chubz, Chris, UA. I have called you more, but you have called me to smash as well. And sometimes I say "to hang" and not "to smash" and when I get there you automatically turn on the cube :p lol. You don't suggest anything else. We can always hang and not play smash but you don't make any recommendations of activities.

I AM NOT THE ONLY REASON WHY YOU PLAY SMASH. Cut out the "I don't care" bull**** when you've been playing this game for years and spend time posting on SMASHboards. I'm not calling you telling you to post here. I'm not calling you to watch Lovage/SW techskill videos. I made it clear in my posts that I was trolling and **** but you keep on throwing in personal bull**** so I will call you out on it. You love this game. And you love the community regardless of all our trashtalk.

<3

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
still too much tl;dr. Spencer, learn to ignore people. You have my respect. That's worth more than gold.
I respond to things when I feel people are saying un-justified things in a manner that is generally what I consider to be annoying, rather this be purposeful or not I don't care and usually I'll have my voice heard rather the person likes it or not. I'll shove my opinion down your throat if that's what makes it be heard because you don't understand any side but your own. Not you obviously, just in general.

Johns so that you can respond. Lol. The point of my post is to stop johnning! I thought that was clear when I wrote it like "stopppp johnnnning".
I like how saying stop johning is everyone's "nice" way of being a douchebag. People still think it works for some reason, funny.

I don't give a **** that 'many people have quit'. You've come back to this game so many times because you love it too much :p
I could rant typing a post for a good 30 minutes about what I hate about everyone in the Tucson community. But I forgot that still means I love it, right? lmao.

I said that as a response to "You ****** me because I don't care against playing against low tiers that much, then me randomly deciding to just go on a rampage. 3 to 1 comebacked you with Falco I believe LOL." You're trying to give the impression that you didn't win because you don't care. A.k.a. john.
Oh god this is hilarious. Not even going to respond to that. Ahaha.

A main reason why I'm good at this game is because I can use different characters, good or bad and pull out victories. Using ****ty ol' Ness refines my spacing and most importantly, lets me know his strengths and weakness firsthand so I know how to play against him. A sort of reverse empathy if you will. You didn't always fare well because you aren't comfortable with the matchup. By playing as Ness, I am able to observe your strengths and weakness too so I know what to abuse and avoid when I play as a spacie. So in playing as Ness I'm preventing getting myself from getting destroyed in the future by a skilled Ness by being prepared. If there's no talented Ness for me to practice against, the next best thing to do is to develop my own Ness and utilize that knowledge.

Like if you play Jeff a lot, you'll naturally be better at Pikachu from picking up his habits. If you play as Pikachu a lot, you'll know what weaknesses to exploit against Jeff.

I don't care if you like playing a ****ty character or not, this is why I play ****ty characters and it is definitely useful. It prepares you and it prepares me.

I do brag because I'm a troll sometimes :D no denying that.
WHEN WILL YOU FIND A NESS PLAYER. NEVER. HAX VS MOFO. THAT'S ****ING IT. SHUT THE **** UP. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Scrolls up the page*
Only part where I'll give you credit for anything. Just disregard what I said in my earlier post and regard my newest one of patience stuff lol.

I didn't talk down upon anyone. The closest thing was me telling you to stop johning. And what better way to say "I'm proud" than "I got a 4-stock"? I set my goal to see how far I could push my Ness regardless of the limits he has. I'm trying to prove that Tucson spacies suck, I'm proving that my Ness is capable of beating them all. It's a showcase of my talent and it's a wake-up call for the city to step up their game and not get whipped around by a little boy with short shorts that yells out every special move he throws at you.
How do you regard someone who starts playing for a week and a half after NOT playing for 2 months, as a person who needs a "wake-up call" I don't even get that. Of course your Ness is capable of doing it, you're a better player than everyone else here and no one knows the Ness matchup BECAUSE IT DOESN'T ****ING MATTER. FOR THE LAST TIME, SHUT UP.

Don't act like you were so smashless. Playing with Chubz, Chris, UA. I have called you more, but you have called me to smash as well. And sometimes I say "to hang" and not "to smash" and when I get there you automatically turn on the cube :p lol. You don't suggest anything else. We can always hang and not play smash but you don't make any recommendations of activities.
WTF? I played Chubbz like one ****ing time and you regard that as a lot? A few times I played Chris you took me over there or a lot of times he calls me for **** like that. I do jack **** to initiate ANYTHING to play. And holy **** don't even get me started on the doing other things. Ask Chris or other smashers I talk to, I get so pissed because I don't know smashers at ALL outside of smash. I would much rather do other **** but then whenever I bring that up with most people they just say they want to smash, and if you are wanting to do other things beside smash, be vocal. How the **** am I supposed to know you don't want to play fi you don't even say anything? Just because I don't suggest other things doesn't mean you can't. I know that sounds stupid but it's just a mentality I've built up that all smashers ever want to do is play smash because this **** has happened to me so much where I want to do other **** and NO ONE else EVER does.

I AM NOT THE ONLY REASON WHY YOU PLAY SMASH. Cut out the "I don't care" bull**** when you've been playing this game for years and spend time posting on SMASHboards. I'm not calling you telling you to post here. I'm not calling you to watch Lovage/SW techskill videos. I made it clear in my posts that I was trolling and **** but you keep on throwing in personal bull**** so I will call you out on it. You love this game. And you love the community regardless of all our trashtalk.

<3
When was the last time I was here before my recent post? HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT I STOPPED PLAYING FOR 2 MONTHS. DID YOU NOT NOTICE OR SOMETHING.

And I never say you tell me to post here or tell me to watch SW stuff(though that's one of the few things I still enjoy about smash =DDDDD, <3 SW), but posting on here and watching videos doesn't make me want to play, cutting smash from your life doesn't mean cutting it all together and you don't have to, who's to say that people who have quit didn't still watch vids? But they're still considered as to have "quit" which was the same thing for me for awhile. Yeah I started playing a little bit more recently but it's not like I planned on keeping it that way.

In either case, because I suppose you want me to keep coming back here and the point of the trolling is to keep me and playing. I'll just leave instead. Maybe I'll make an appearance again at smashboards sometime in the future. I won't be making it to the tournament and all though, so laters for now everyone.

Adios X_^

Jane

Smash Hero
i cant believe i read ALL OF THAT.

probably cuz im high as shit hahah

I like how saying stop johning is everyone's "nice" way of being a douchebag. People still think it works for some reason, funny.
its not being a douchebag, "no johns" applies to almost everything in life. no johns is a very serious statement lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'd rather play the bad player using the good character because there's actually room for them to learn and there's usefulness in playing against them because it'll actually get somewhere in a way that may be useful to tournaments(such as Rob's recent becoming a beast with Sheik). If the good player is using a bad character what is there to it, they play the bad character for bragging reasons and nothing more, how ****ing useless of a smasher are you if you're doing that?
I take Pikachu very seriously. I never started playing Pikachu for "bragging reasons", but only because I felt the most comfortable playing him and he suits my playing style the best. Why does Taj play Mewtwo? Why does Vman play Mewtwo/Yoshi? Why does Jackie have such a large variety of excellent characters, including low tiers? Also, why are these 4 players arguably at least top 7 in the state?

Top Bottom