• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRS Presents: Krystal for Brawl.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Just woke up, and I gotta say, I love the new model for Sheik way more than their old one. I love her hair! OMG!

Well, we should know something about Krystal's fate within the next 2-3 weeks. . .

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me that's a joke. It was a joke, right?

God, people will believe anything.
I don't believe in the Prima leak; I just see Olimar and Sheik (with Olimar not having as high a probability of being in the game as Sheik) appearing at the Dojo when the leak said they would. Therefore, I think it is a probability that the leak was true and whoever leaked was forced to discredit his own words, or that some people are playing damage control.

Edit: what I do think is problematic is that Mewtwo is back, and Lucario is not a newcomer. Serebii has said any roster like that is off. OTOH, just because he has Pokémon details when it comes to Pokémon games doesn't mean he knows about Pokémon outside of the franchise.

Edit again: Remember that Isaac is in the Prima roster? Well, rumor has it that Camelot is working on a new Golden Sun, AND a major games mag (I forget which one) is supposed to have an exclusive story on a big new RPG for the Wii. Now, isn't it odd that after Marth and Roy (two chars not well-known outside of Japan, why would they be in Melee?) appeared as fighters the Fire Emblem franchise came soon after to gain a foothold among western audiences?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ehh so it's shiek, Sakurai finally revealed her, Well good news for krystal since this proves that all the slots are still there, I can't really see her go 7 weeks without updating krystal...She's the perfect starter as she's already expected and wanted like the others.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Ehh so it's shiek, Sakurai finally revealed her, Well good news for krystal since this proves that all the slots are still there, I can't really see her go 7 weeks without updating krystal...She's the perfect starter as she's already expected and wanted like the others.
Um, the game is out in little more than two weeks in Japan, and after that Dojo updates will be more and more moot. Think of it like there being a humongous update in 15-16 days.

Also, I think that if there will be a starter alongside Fox it is Falco. I mean, newcomers to a franchise are not probable to be starters, right? I mean, at least not if there are some representers that will be veterans.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Alright, I hope you all realize just how ****ing amazing this update is. In case you don't quite remember I'll explain.
A couple days ago Zin came in here sporting that "Prima Leak". If you remember correctly that leak also had the order that the characters would be revealed. We had our choices of Krystal or SHEIK! Now that we have Sheik...If seems fitting that Krystal will follow. I know we're not supposed to believe things like this...but COME ON... Calling Olimar...then Sheik. This is so ****ing awesome...Oh Em Gee.
I'm ecstatic right now....I never thought I'd be soooooo happy to see Sheik. oh man...this made my day.

(my apologizes if someone pieced this together first....but Hot ****...sheik.

Alright so Zin already stated that...but woohoo!

Also can someone point me in the direction of this sticker?

@Kenji: Somewhat. We're all over the country here but I would like it to be.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Um, the game is out in little more than two weeks in Japan, and after that Dojo updates will be more and more moot. Think of it like there being a humongous update in 15-16 days.

Also, I think that if there will be a starter alongside Fox it is Falco. I mean, newcomers to a franchise are not probable to be starters, right? I mean, at least not if there are some representers that will be veterans.
I think Falco would make a better unlockable. Krystal as starter makes more sense IMO - why? Because no unlockable vet from Melee has been revealed as starters - which makes it likely that Falco will stay unlockable, just like Luigi, Ganondorf and probably Jiggs.

That and Krystal would probably be a good "pick up and play" type character.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
E, the leaker confirmed the roster as a fake!!! It's over, the roster is fake! As much as I like the roster though. That was one believeable roster.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
U know I really like that roster, except for WW Link which I hate with all my heart. Don't get me started about him. But the lack of other sonic char kinda bugs me. I want tails, knuckles to make it too.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Ohrite, I Forgot that.

ok, Well i guess falco returning for a starter is probable, But krystal joining as a newcomer for the franchise as a starter isn't so farfecthed either...

Elysium

Smash Lord
I love that roster.
Krystal and Ridley... epic win right there.

The Sheik thing only brings up one problem with me. I hope.... deeply deeply hope that Zelda is so much better this time around, and actually have people play as her instead of automatically switching to Sheik. Other than that...I can't wait to see Sheik beat down Snake...cuz I hate him....Ohhhhhh do I hate him. Sheik is like the Snake of Nintendo...and Nintendo always wins.

Oh man....KRYSTAL Fur Next Wednesday....Fur the **** Win.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Because I love math, and I feel everyone should know, the probability of the prima leak having organised those two characters in the correct place is 1/85.5. Still far from impossible, but quite impressive!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the roster would be believable if it wasnt for the animal crossing villager... they can't fight,

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Guys guys GUYS (and girls)! I really have a good feeling that Krystal will be revealed next week. Seriously, the charater updates are back, everyone expects Krystal in the game, she's a newcomer so she'll probably be a starter, Brawl comes out in Japan in two weeks, it's all there! SHE'S COMINGGGGGG come on be happy with me people.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Can you believe it?! a leak that was "supposedly" confirmed false is hitting the updates perferctly!!!! i think he said it was false because Nintendo threatened to sue if he didnt say that and now Krystal is the next update! i will bet anyone money!(next character update that is.)

Elysium

Smash Lord
Can you believe it?! a leak that was "supposedly" confirmed false is hitting the updates perferctly!!!! i think he said it was false because Nintendo threatened to sue if he didnt say that and now Krystal is the next update! i will bet anyone money!(next character update that is.)
Thats what I've been saying. The only true part of that whole post with the roster is the roster. Serebii (to whom we've p*ssed off in the leak thread ;) ) is die-hard about this leak being "complete bull" and that the leak came from a graphic whatever from Prima therefore it has nothing to do with Nintendo ya-da ya-da. Others also claim it's nothing but coincidence that it called 2 in a row.

The roster could very well be fake, thats not the question now (imo). The question is where is it fake. That roster could go all the way down to Megaman and G&W, calling every character along the way.

Personally I don't care if the leak is fake or not. I care about the next newcomer. I choose to support this roster because it has Krystal next. After Krystal this roster doesn't matter, and people will still claim coincidence so it wont end. I'm sure it could nail 7 in a row and still be called fake without thought.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I am so crazy right now,that I totally believe anything you tell me.

Since Sheik is back were at the very least getting one character a week and I bet you too that krystal is coming to brawl very soon

KrystalRules

Smash Lord

Since Sheik is back were at the very least getting one character a week and I bet you too that krystal is coming to brawl very soon
so if i said Krystal is in brawl you would believe me? lol jk

man the Prima Roster could get every character right & in the right order and people would still say it was fake! lol but after Krystal's update i have no need of any leak.

theory on the Delay: Maybe Sakurai was getting such a high demand from everywhere(but japan who was about to get the game) to update every character on the Dojo before the American release that he delayed it? sound Plausible?(oh snap Mythbuster word)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Hopefully :grin:
Well, if Krystal or Jiggs(1st unlockable, also likely for when JP Brawl is released), then this is the real roster ^_^

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have complete faith that Krystal will be in as a playable character :)

But I dont believe the prima leak... theres no way people would accept an animal crossing villager as a fighter :S

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have complete faith that Krystal will be in as a playable character :)

But I dont believe the prima leak... theres no way people would accept an animal crossing villager as a fighter :S
Why? I believe Animal Crossing is a big enough series to deserve a character

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Everyone I know wouldnt accept it.. it was already bad that Peach is so **** strong. An animal crossing villager would cross the line. All my friends agree. One of them says it would be so gaaayy :plol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone I know wouldnt accept it.. it was already bad that Peach is so **** strong. An animal crossing villager would cross the line. All my friends agree. One of them says it would be so gaaayy :plol
Well, you have homophobic friends because Animal Crossing is an awesome game...

...WTF does it have to do with Homosexuals anyway...?

...I think they are just insecure about their masculinity/ Sexuality

Animal Crossing characters for Brawl...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I believe there's a AC Villager in brawl. But I don't believe there's a lack of Tails & Knuckles.

Crossfire

Smash Rookie
Same here. In fact, I`ve even attempted to devise movesets, and for an IC-style team-up too.

A little closer to the topic, I`d be in favor of Falco, Krystal and Wolf all getting in. There`s enough room for all of them, and I`ve already found specials, at least, to distinguish Falco from Fox (even if it doesn`t make a difference). That way, everyone`s happy to see their favorite SF character make the cut.

And, according to my as-yet unposted Theory of Inclusion, all three qualify as one of four types of extra characters to include in Brawl - Sidekick/Teammate, Relative/Romantic Interest, Anti-Hero/Rival, and Villain. It`s simply a formula I`ve devised after a bit of original research that I use to categorize characters Playable Characters in Brawl.

Meta Knight - Anti-Hero/Rival
Wario - Anti-Hero/Rival
Zelda/Sheik - Romantic Interest, Teammate
Peach - Romantic Interest, Teammate
Diddy Kong - Sidekick
King Dedede - Villain
Pokemon Trainer - Teammate

Prospective Characters:

Luigi - Sidekick, Relative
K. Rool - Villain
Jigglypuff - Ummm...Teammate?
Ganondorf - Villain
Falco Lombardi - Teammate
Wolf O`Donnell - Anti-Hero/Rival
Krystal (McCloud?) - Romantic Interest, Teammate
Ridley - Villain
Geno - Teammate (of Mario)

As for others like Mario and Link, I classify those as Heros/Chief Protagonists, also known as Primaries. They represent their franchise the most, and thus are the most essential for inclusion (which is why Animal Crosser could get in on the grounds of being in the Chief Protagonists category).

My Choco/Mog idea would be a curious choice, for it doesn`t clearly fit into any of the five categories of inclusion. Seeing as they`re both mascots, I suppose they could be counted as Heroes/Chief Protagonists, or Primaries.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I've heard that Wario, Bowser and Dedede are possessed by Anicent Minister. Maybe the unlockables are possessed too?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ok, so I'm guessing that Krystal is in.. No.. I know shes in..

Basically the topic now is.. the roster? Is it fake since shes in it?

And the sticker? Well shes in, there has got to be something else of her in the game.

-Onyx

Top Bottom