• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRS Presents: Krystal for Brawl.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Or maybe a cameo in SSE. Remember the VA said that her role was exciting? I think she was talking about Samus.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe a cameo in SSE. Remember the VA said that her role was exciting? I think she was talking about Samus.
But Samus never talks. She is always as silent as the grave. Even with Zero Suite Samus...you can hardly hear her make any noise in any of gameplay videos that she fights in. Krystal will either be an assist trophy (what a waste of a good character), or just have some spoken dialog in a cut scene (what an even bigger waste of a good character).

I wonder why Nintendo pressured Alesia Glidewell to keep quite about Krystal in Brawl when it seems like she is only going to have a very small part. Oh yeah, I forgot...Sakurai seems to think fans get really excited about seeing their favorite characters, even if they are nothing more then a lifeless regular trophy or sticker.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
A talking sticker? Just joking, don't kill me. Maybe krystal was originally a PC, but sakurai wanted more baddies. Ahh Sakurai is a lazy pig. I HATE CLONES.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai wanted more baddies, then he should have put in freakin Ridley. He also said he wanted more female fighters, but didn't add a single one (I don't count ZSS). He said he wanted to eliminate the clones...but they are still there. Nothing Sakurai says makes any sense. :(

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman

OH - MY - GOD!!!

Good job Sakurai, really nice.

@Darkraid: He wanted more baddies? Right, that's why he didn't include Claus, Ridley, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Vaati/Majora, Black Knight, Bowser Jr., Mewtwo....

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I'm in shock.

It seems all the leaks had its supporters and its haters, but that 35 character roster is the only one that absolutely everybody hated. And that's the official roster? What?!

I’m sorry, but I just cannot fathom this. No new female characters? None? (No, Zero Suit Samus does not count.) Give me Amy Rose for all I care. Sakurai has only served to further alienate us few female Brawl players.

I can just hear the brainstorming session that went on when deciding the roster for this game. “Looks like people really want Sonic, Ridley, Krystal, Mega Man, and Geno. Let’s give them Sonic to get their hopes up, then throw in a bunch of old characters nobody liked, clones of old characters, and a few new characters nobody cares about. That’ll work!”

Months of delays for this? Really? What on earth went on during those months?

I never rant online--normally I don’t, anyway. But this… this is ridiculous.

Well, maybe there's some secret mode that allows you to unlock 35 more characters... or maybe I'm just delusional after all this.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm becoming more and more accepting of the roster, simply because there's not one **** thing I can do anyway. I'll just main Samus if I ever play, since Metroid is my second favorite franchise after Star Fox.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
OMFG, I want to punch a baby in the soft-spot.

TWO clones of the most over-usedcharacter in melee?

is sakurai a brainless bum? was he just too stupid, or too lazy to put in krystal.

He was all "no clones" until crunch time, then he gave in

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
his other characters were inspired... I can see why he didn't anounce these others on dojo

Cinder

Smash Master
Guys, it was a good run...it's a shame we didn't get our beloved vulpine...but here's hoping that we never forget this thread, or our battles against trolls and haters...you guys are awesome, and I'll never forget you...

On the bright side, Lucario made it :grin:

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it was a good run...it's a shame we didn't get our beloved vulpine...but here's hoping that we never forget this thread, or our battles against trolls and haters...you guys are awesome, and I'll never forget you...

On the bright side, Lucario made it :grin:
I didn't even know what a lucario was until I started visiting these boards.

No Krystal as playable character = tragedy :(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well, there's always hope that the american version will be different, small hope... not really even a hope at all, but oh well... I'd even take an other delay if it meant Krystal... just take out wolf for her and I'd be stoked. Yet another incident of Sakurai giving the big F*** You to the Americans. Most americans wanted Lyn over Ike, we got ike. Almost all of us wanted Krystal over wolf... and look what he did to us... he spit in our eyes.

I'm allowed to be pissed right? I mean, it's still going to be a good game, and I'll still buy it, but I mean, I have a right to be angry... right?

Cinder

Smash Master
Yes, you do...we all do...but I'm looking on the bright side...I've got Lucario, and I will admit, R.O.B. looks kinda cool...we can always hope that there will be another smash game down the road, and that Krystal will get her glory...

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Yes, you do...we all do...but I'm looking on the bright side...I've got Lucario, and I will admit, R.O.B. looks kinda cool...we can always hope that there will be another smash game down the road, and that Krystal will get her glory...
Honestly, I've waited long enough for this edition. I'm not holding my breath for another one.

I don't think look R.O.B. looks cool. The only reason people know about it is because it was infamous for being extremely poorly designed and useless. I guess the intent was to say "we're thinking outside of the box by making a Nintendo accessory a playable character," but in my opinion, that character slot could have went to much better things... like Krystal.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I actually quite prefered mewtwo, so lucario is hardly good news o me either

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh well, there is small hope for her being super hiden secret.
unlikely.... though with 2 more months, it is possible that he gave the japanese fans what they wanted, but americans will get the krystal we want... but don't hold your breath

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Bummer. I was a good chance to add a female fighter. Bah. On the bright side, we can hope there are more characters. I'm doubting it though.

Top Bottom