• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRS Presents: Krystal for Brawl.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Notice: This new thread is meant to give smashers an up-to-date look at Krystal and her possibilities in Brawl. It is also meant to be the general discussion of everything and anything krystal related.

Krystal in a nutshell
"Krystal is the sole survivor of her doomed home planet, Cerinia. She makes her first appearance in the series in Star Fox Adventures, where in search of answers to her planet's destruction, and the death of her parents, she comes across a distress signal from the planet Sauria. Fox allows Krystal to become a full-time member of the Star Fox team, but she leaves heartbroken soon after, as Fox fears for her safety. Various different paths and endings are available in Star Fox Command, including Krystal joining Star Wolf, and getting back together with Fox.

Krystal was originally designed to be a main character of Dinosaur Planet before Nintendo turned the project into a Star Fox title. Her original design was that of a 16-year-old orphaned feline, who was raised by a wizard named Randorn. When Fox became the main character of Adventures, Krystal was redesigned into her present form as a 19-year-old orphaned vixen, and her role in the game became that of a damsel in distress. In the English version of the series, Krystal has an English accent and is voiced by Estelle Ellis in Adventures, and Alesia Glidewell in Assault. In the Japanese version, she is voiced by Aya Hara."
Taken from Wikipedia

The Reasons

:grin:Why Krystal should (will) be in Brawl:grin:
1.) Ranked high on Sakurai's Character Poll.
2.) Sakurai has an interest in female fighters
3.) Krystal wields a staff, which gives her a very unique moveset.
4.) Her Voice Actor, Alesia Glidewell leaked that she was doing Krystal's voice in Brawl.
5.) Nothing else needs to be said.

:(Why Krystal shouldn't be in Brawl:(
1.) Takes up a space for Wolf.
2.) Takes up a space for Falco.
3.) Some view her as an unimportant character.

:uzi:The Moveset :uzi:
Thanks to Sonic The Hedgedawg for the Moveset, Final Smash and the Stats!
*A moves*
-A: swipe
-(2nd): counter swipe
-(3rd): downward swipe
-(repeatedly): figure 8's

Dash: skid

*Tilts*
-Tilt Side A: double kick
-Tilt Up A: uppercut
-Tilt Down A: staff jab

*Aerials*
-Neutral Aerial: spin cover (spins staff around laterally, moving it from top to bottom once)
-Forward Aerial: Meteor pummel (arcs staff from behind head down to feet)
-Back Aerial: double strike (swings staff laterally. It continues the motion over her head and comes back around to strike again)
-Up Aerial: safety bar (holds staff overhead to block and then spins once on it (think uneven bars in gymnastics))
-Down Aerial: clear away (spins staff rapidly below knees in a kneeling position)

*Grabs*
-A: elbow to head
-Forward Throw: gut staff jab
-Back Throw: kick away
-Up Throw: fan blades (holds opponent overhead and spins staff, hitting them repeatedly for nice damage but little knockback)
-Down Throw: one toe drop (lays opponent on ground, jumps and lands on them, with one toe)

*Shield*
-Shield Forcefield

*Smashes*
-Side Smash : power smash (energy charge is sent through staff as it strikes)
-Up Smash: vortex (Krystal extends staff above head in a conical spinning motion)
-Down Smash: double sweep (first clockwise at feet, then counterclockwise at feet)

*B-Moves*
-B: fire-blaster (not the fastest projectile, but can be fired in rapid succession creating a chain of bolts)
-Up B: staff boost (shoots almost straight up)
-Side B: ice blast (can potentially freeze, like ice climbers ↓B, but slightly stronger and in one direction)
-Down B: ground quake (super ground quake in mid-air)

*Final Smash*
-Krystal makes the Krazoa Spirits appear as they flurry around the stage damaging her opponents.

:colorful:The Stats:colorful:
(Out of 10)
Speed: 7
Power: 4
Size: 5
Jump: 6
Durability: 4
Projectile or melee: either

:bluejump:The Stages:bluejump:
Huge Compliments go out to "Levia7han117" for taking the time to make the stages!
*Cape Claw*

Backround: A beach setting, with occasional dinosaurs appearing

Description: 1 long bridge, over running water, with 2 higher platforms over the left/right center of the stage

Size: Large

Length: About the same as in Melee

Vertical Height: Very high (think Jungle Japes and Termina in Melee)

Changes in play: Water continuously rises to bottom platform, pulling characters off, and sinks back, water can also change flow(direction). An occasional High Top(dinosaur shown above) will wander to a side of the stage, like Turtle in Termina

Hazards: A snapping turtle(from adventures, don't know what it's called) lurks below the main platform, similar to klaptrap in Jungle Japes, and attacks anyone swimming in the water, doing 10% damage. There is also a cannon in the back, which shoots periodically, dealing 20% damage to anyone hit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Krazoa Palace*

Backround: Lightning, stormy weather, rain

Description: Two Fighting Areas- Krazoa Shrine and Inner Sanctuary

Size: Large

Length: Standard

Vertical Height: High; Half of Hyrule Ruins

Changes in play: The two statures in front of the shrine can take battle-damage and enough damage will make them break, revealing two holes that can take players to the Inner Sanctuary. The hole in the middle of the shrine will also take players to the sanctuary. Inside the sanctuary, ther are three fans that players can use to get back to the top or to one side of the stage.

Hazards: Krazoa Shrine-Arwing, Shrine Guardians (jellyfish-looking enemies), lightning

Inner Sanctuary-Sharpclaw Troops (they will appear in the bg and throw swords and staffs; some will throw beam swords, home run bats, hammers, etc)
s
:bigthumbuConclusion:bigthumbu
The main reason for this new Krystal thread is to give Smashers an up-to-date view at Krystal. When the old thread was created, there was so much speculation going around and the information is scattered through almost 10,000 posts. So, the kind people of The **** Staff (The Official Krystal Support group/Crew) searched through the pages of the old thread and found and organized the information for the Smash Community. We have decided that what we have right now gives the best image of everything Krystal can and will be in Brawl.

Countdown Clock
Huge Thanks to Hitaku for the special request skin!

Custom.txt:
Arial
0 0 0
54 77
114 77
170 77
228 77
Go to Tennis's Countdown clock thread to get the program and learn how to make it work.
Free Brawl Countdown Clock

:Warning:
Don't come in here just to flame. If you don't like Krystal or something we have came up with, make an intelligent argument and then bring it forth. This isn't a Furry hate thread, or a Flame Krystal Supporters thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:skull:The **** Staff:skull:
The Official Krystal Club​
*Members*

Elysium
Killbeast301
~Krystal~
KrystalRules
IsmaR
Sonic Smash Down
Tails For Brawl
Celsosalo
Teeb147
Firedragon_Jing
OnyxVulpine
Levia7han117
Sonic The Hedgedawg
Darkraid
Shadow312
Ryudo_Sama
Cinder
sonicspeed 96
Prince Karo
Picoletor
Blaze the cat
Procrasticritter
Boakan​

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
nice stages! i am undecieded about Krystal but starfox needs a new rep. it either wolf or Krystal....

EDIT - dude the old thread pwnd. why did you remake it. it was just fine

Elysium

Smash Lord
nice stages! i am undecieded about Krystal but starfox needs a new rep. it either wolf or Krystal....

EDIT - dude the old thread pwnd. why did you remake it. it was just fine
Because the old thread was huge. It was dated and all the information was all over the place. Fluffy is hardly on so we got all this together with some new stuff (the stages) and created a new thread. I still have stuff to add (ie other Movesets and Final Smash Ideas) but what I have right now was voted on by the regulars of the old thread as the best representation of krystal and her abilities.
The **** Staff and myself are basically summarizing the 650+ pages of info in the old thread, minus all the spam and flaming that came with the old thread. :)

although im not sure if i want Krystal in the game, i still gotta say good work on your thread :) very interesting to read
Thanks, glad to see all the effort isn't taken for granted.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
May I join the **** Staff now? Anyways, we needed this, the old one was really spammy, so what should we discuss?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just prevent spam on this one;) I'd like to join the "**** staff" :Laugh:

Also on reasons you forget that she is popular and has her VA Leak; I Wonder how she will look like in brawl :D.
Well thats just speculation, but you're right, I wonder how she will look too :)
so you are a girl i knew it:laugh:
And you too?
Those stages look great!
All credit goes to Levanathan and me(Designed Cape Claw) :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well thats just speculation, but you're right, I wonder how she will look too :)
Hasn't she also been very important to the series? I Don't see how popular or her VA Leak is speculation as well :D.

And yeah; I Wonder how She (And assuming that falco is in.) Will look like, It should be quite interesting :D.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Geno has a higher chance though, on Sakuria's Poll he got 4 votes vs. Krystals 3, try not to deny the facts... nvm The other Krystal Thread got locked...why?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Geno has a higher chance though, on Sakuria's Poll he got 4 votes vs. Krystals 3, try not to deny the facts... nvm The other Krystal Thread got locked...why?
1.They wanted to do a new one.
2.You mean his journals? All krystal fans, I Have something epic:
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)

:D (Fatmanonice said that so many people run into the journal that it gets confusing.)
Here is the full thread for it > http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3061

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Although my other question did not get addressed...why was the other Krystal thread closed...I would support her if make more unique then what I have seen in Assault and Observed in Command...

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
WHOO FIRST POST!!!
crap nvm...

you know that the poll is almost irrevelant now.... Krystals chances are way higher then Geno's! look at the leaks, etc.

So, the thread was finally made, huh?
I think we should include a little more info on The **** Staff. About what we had on the wiki

So, does this mean we can finally vote on a stage?
nah i say we use both!

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i agree with you geno may not have a chance
i agree geno's chances are good but nothing more...he isnt extremely important...Krystal made fox get the Krazoas to save her and she couldnt even move! thats pretty darn important.

lol before i saw the last post on the other thread i saw the locked sign and got depressed! :lol:

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
i agree geno's chances are good but nothing more...he isnt extremely important...Krystal made fox get the Krazoas to save her and she couldnt even move! thats pretty darn important.

lol before i saw the last post on the other thread i saw the locked sign and got depressed! :lol:
OMG.....same here:laugh:

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Meh feels so weird for this being the Krystal thread xP, I got so used to seeing all those replies in the other one.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Something to add to the list of pros in Krystal's favor:

Alesia Glidewell "leaked" doing Krystal's voice in Brawl on the same day King Dedede arrived. Coincidence? I think not.

Yes, I'm the one that did you-know-what...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm thinking someone should put an icon thing next to the thread title again, like the green arrow next to the old thread. It helped my find the thread more easily.

Top Bottom