• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tripping Return or not?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I must be tripping dawgg..for making this thread..simply i ask you lot 3 questions and i would like for you lot graciously to give 3 answers.

#1. Do you want tripping to return?
#2. Do you THINK tripping will return?
#3 What are your views/thoughts of the tripping mechanic that was implemented into brawl?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What CHARACTER is tripping again? I don't remember

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
of course it should! most innovating game mechanic ever. :troll: /sarcasm

the best of the two worlds would be a toggle option for this fantastic mechanic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno, I'd definitely main "Tripping" if he got in. Is that what they're calling the Wonderful 101 character now?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
[COLLAPSE="Tripping moveset"]A combo: *trips*
Side A: *trips*
Up A: *trips*
Down A: *trips*

Tripping can't jump, because you can't trip on air. Therefore, no aerial moves.

Grab attempt: *trips*
Therefore, no throws.

Neutral B: *trips*
Up B: *trips*
Side B: *trips*
Down B: *trips*

Final Smash: Sakurai: (laughs)[/COLLAPSE]
This moveset was brought to you by:
Frostwraith Productions, Inc.

©2012 Frostwraith Productions, Inc.
All rights reserved.

This thread should be moved... <_<

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
No
Maybe
I dont like it but rjeres not much you can do without changimg the game (hacks)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Should Tripping already be unlocked or be released as on-disc DLC? :troll:

grizby2

Smash Lord
1. NO
2. maybe as a mechanic you can toggle.
3. i hated tripping in brawl, but nothing i could do about it. just got used to it.

im confident nintendo got the memo about the displeasure about it, so i'll be surprised if they keep it.

- 1 animation for all characters! faster production time?! >:}

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Tripping should be a background character like Pokemon Trainer, and it just sticks it's leg out into the battlefield to make people trip :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For all I know, tripping should only happen when you're on slippery terrain, or when you slip on a Banana Peel. Everywhere else, tripping should not occur.

ZelDan

Smash Master
RANDOM tripping, hell no.

Tripping that is caused manually from, say, diddy's bananas would be okay though.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
of course it should! most innovating game mechanic ever. :troll: /sarcasm

the best of the two worlds would be a toggle option for this fantastic mechanic.

Literally everyone would turn it off so it might as well not even be in the game to begin with.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I want tripping to return and I believe it will. But not as a random occurence. In Brawl some characters could purposefully make their opponent trip with a low attack. (And diddy's banana peels XD) It was fine in brawl except when it occured randomly. Although the chances of it fatally messing you up by chance was very slim.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, now that the section is correct, time for my opinion. :troll:

Seriously though, random tripping should be removed, but attack- or terrain-based tripping should stay, as they make sense as a mechanic.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I lolled when I read the title. I lolled even more when I read the comments.

But no to random tripping, but it's okay if it's caused by something where it actually makes sense, like slippery terrain, banana peels, low kicks etc.

Tripping never bothered me until last year where I started to notice it happening a lot more to me for some reason. So yeah, the random tripping should be gone or at least made an option.
That no one will activate.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, but random tripping will be outright removed due to how hated it is. However, I do think that moves that cause tripping will play more of a role in the next game.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Only random tripping should be taken out.

I don't like Brawl and banana's are still my favorite item in the entire smash series.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well it was implementing into the game to dumb it down im certain of this because Sakurai mentioned it/admitted it just like The Sawed-Off Shotgun and Retro Lancer were put in Gears of War 3..

But what Scares/Concerns/Upsets me..is that it was put in to casualise the game because that was what Sakurai wanted for smash to be casualised/party game.

He put tripping in after seeing how Melee was played so serious/competetivly it was not the intention he had for the game to be played like that and he was upset and brought/wait.. FORCED change.
Just like Cliffy B with Gears of War 1..

The main thing/point Isss!!! that his intentions havent changed...so i strongly beilieve tripping will return or something similar to replace it..the replacement could be worse..

And we cant win a war against the guy thats MAKING the game...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it's not outright removed there should at least be an option to turn off random tripping. It's only purpose is potential comic relief when someone trips into a smash attack but even then the humor in it is generally one sided.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd rather tripping be in a sub-mode like Metal Melee, Lightning Melee, Invisible Melee etc... They should call it Clumsy Melee, and players could dial to how prone characters are to tripping. That way it's there for people that do want it.

[COLLAPSE="Tripping moveset"]A combo: *trips*
Side A: *trips*
Up A: *trips*
Down A: *trips*

Tripping can't jump, because you can't trip on air. Therefore, no aerial moves.

Grab attempt: *trips*
Therefore, no throws.

Neutral B: *trips*
Up B: *trips*
Side B: *trips*
Down B: *trips*

Final Smash: Sakurai: (laughs)[/COLLAPSE]
This moveset was brought to you by:
Frostwraith Productions, Inc.

©2012 Frostwraith Productions, Inc.
All rights reserved.

This thread should be moved... <_<
B move should be chargable

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Random tripping is a concept from the mind of the devil, and no earthly creature could possibly have ever conceived such a horrid, unholy, terrible idea. A mechanic that sometimes punishes .you randomly, for no reason? Wow Sakurai. Wow. That doesn't make the game more casual. Bad players hate that **** too, because it's stupid

Bananas, low hitting moves that trip the opponent, that stuff is fine. The random shenanigans will either be removed entirely, or it will have an option to toggle it on/off. Brawl clearly was supposed to have the option, but they spent the last few weeks adding sonic instead or some ****, so they didn't get around to adding the toggle option to the menu. We know it's in there though, cuz the hacks that ppl use to turn it off are not complicated. All they do is toggle the already existing option within the game already. If only they had just put it in the menu, so competitive players wouldn't have to deal with it!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't want any vacations that weren't planned!

points if you get this

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That is the sickest profile pic i have seen in this whole board ''Masky''

PS: How do i set a profile pic? Whenever i try
do it upload a profile pic it says error or failed..please help...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tripping was one of the best things ever added to a fighting game. It's the ol' equalizer. Even if the person is better than you, the game can littlerally make the trip up and give you the chance to fight back. It's even better it's random, that way the people that study statistics about the game can't find predictable ways to prevent it.

Yep, they should add something like this to other fighting games, and I'll be glad when it returns in SM4SH

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I mentioned this before in some other threads, have D-Tilts with sweeping animations trip opponents and remove random tripping entirely. There, problem solved.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
You guys read what was said about how grueling the development of melee was on sakurai. Tripping was just one of the many things sakurai did to try and run the smash series into the ground. He's tired of smash. Too bad he didn't realize the majority of nintendo fans don't give a crap about gameplay. They buy the games out of unwarranted loyalty to the company.

Top Bottom