• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trigun Mafia (GAME OVER! TOWN WINS! Night Actions/Results/PMs posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well then, we're not that close at all. **** Texas being so big

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the Texas A&M in College Station, but I'm from Corpus Christi. But isn't Allen near Dallas anyways?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Alright, to start out defending myself, well, you know I'm not mafia because I pushed for both Jiano and Liggy, and though I doubt that's a concern, I'm just going to address everything.
Agreed

Secondly, Chill. When he was almost lynched, I did come in, attack all the points against him, basically saved him, then pushed it for Jiano. Then I went off to Ligolski. If I was independent, not only would there be no reason for me to push myself into the center stage like that, I also would have no reason to save chill. In fact, saving Chill would have been idiotic, I have no night kill ability (as we've agreed on), and it would have been hypocritical and highly suspected if I all of a sudden turned on him, which would have had to have happened. Also, it would have benefited me for Chill to die, then to go for Jiano afterwards. More deaths, which is exactly what an Independent would want.
This point is mute, if you go back in the game all three of us have stuck our neck out for someone. On dayone both myself and DF stuck our necks out for pythag, against the grain of the entire group. But, just like you said if I were ind. why would I jump in the spotlight so blatantly and so early in the game.

If all of us have stuck our neck out for someone else, that means one of two things. Either one of us is very bad at playing ind. or one of us is very good. And, while I'm not terrible at this game, my play style is certainly not conducive to keeping secrets. I think that you played your game very tightly at the start, nameclaiming but giving a false roleclaim and generly staying out of the way, until you were sure that you had pegged a mafia member, you then rode in like a white knight and rescued a town, thereby "proving" that you had to be town. If anyone of us three hasn't stuck their neck out for someone it is you, because you really didn't stick your neck out, you knew that chill was town and that jiano was mafia, and your the only person who has enough skiull to do that.

Your move did put you out in the open more, but it put you in the position of leader. You have controlled every vote up until this point.

Also, I am Vash. Vash, who is against killing anybody. There is not a single reason for him to be independent. It would not be like Vash to want everyone else dead, which is exactly what an independent would want.
Vash's goals are the complete opposite of everyone playing this game. That is the definition of independent. Everyone playing wants to kill their opposing faction, vash wants to kill nobody. Vash's character is SO Incredibly overpowered that he would be overpowered as an independent and IMPOSSIBLY GODLY as a town.

If eor is telling the truth about vash there is no role that FF would have given him other than independent.

And, DF look at your own character, he is a mebemer of the gung ho guns, there is no reason for him to be town....but he is Why can't it be the other way around.

To Spam_Master, well, as I've stated before, he's always been suspicious to me. I've passed it off as his play style, but with only three of us left, I think it's something else. Personally, the only real reason I trusted him was his investigation that showed him Town, but as I've mentioned before, his character is very likely to have the ability to fake investigations. I mean, his character has two personalities. Yours doesn't, which is why I trust you. Also, if there were two independents, I'd be dead and the game would be over.
I seem to remember when I was 100% confirmed town, I think eor hoped that one of us would get knocked out beofre the final 3, and felt safe saying that we were absolutely town. In fact he even said that we were more likely, according to all the evidence, to be town than even he was. I think in the last two days, when he realized it was gonna be us three, is when he started planting doubts in your mind. So eor, did you "always find me suspicious" or was I "100% confirmed town"?

Spam also lied about his night role. KevinM, who is confirmed townie, stated he was attacked twice in a row. Spam, who does have a killing role, states that he never used it (because of the dice roles). But we have confirmation that he has. And then he pushes for KevinM to be lynched.
Ya, I did lie. My real power is that if FF roll's a 5 or a 6 im immune, and I get a night kill every even night. I lied because if I hadn't we potentially had a fillibuster for multiple nights with myself getting both role and vote blocked until i rolled immunity. And, as i think you all know I'm growing rather tired of this game. I was positive that yesterday was going to be uneventful, and i knew that if i could get kevinm not to role block me i could break the stalemate. If I hadn't lied we might still have been locked in a stalemate.

However, some of the kills you've attributed to me are not accurate. The only person I actaully killed was kada (I thought I had found a sleeper mafia), other than him all my attacks failed. I attacked kada night 2, then I attacked eor night 4 because I smeled a rat in his roleclaim and was at this point positive that he was night immune, turns out I was right and he had lied, night 6 i attacked kevinm cause I knew that if they were ind they would be a fillibuster block (also, the day before I had formulated my millie is ind because of wolfwood's death hypothesis), it failed because DF defended him. Night 8 I killed Medi because I still thought he was more likely to be ind than eor and because killing him was the group consensus.

I would also, like to remind everyone that I am not the only person to lie about their ability.

Also, it just says Mediocre's body is riddled with bullets. Ronike was the mafia's hitman, which means that the mafia killed by nails. Look in the past, you'll see that there are other bodies that were shot to death. Shot to death by Spam_Master.
The mafia only killed by nails after everyone else had been taken out.

I'm pretty sure he decided to kill Mediocre instead of you last night because he though that by killing Medio he'd prove himself innocent, who just wanted to kill the last independent, then use that to claim I'm mafia and kill me. If he had killed you, me and medio would have proof that he was independent and kill him. But his mistake was actually using it, it shows us how he kills. He attacked me night one, and has been killing people since with bullets.
The mafia attacked you night one, millions knives was their godfather and he killed with bullets as well. In fact I seem to remember that the mafia claimed to have targeted you EVERY NIGHT. More discrepansies eor?

Tons of facets of your stories don't line up eor. I think you played the game well but your finally caught.

Vote: eor

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If you're going to vote for me DF, wait for me to respond. I haven't read Spam's post, just saw he voted for me. Watching a movie right now, I'll respond when it's over

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
God 28 weeks later is amazing

This point is mute, if you go back in the game all three of us have stuck our neck out for someone. On dayone both myself and DF stuck our necks out for pythag, against the grain of the entire group. But, just like you said if I were ind. why would I jump in the spotlight so blatantly and so early in the game.
Spotlight? Yes, you were one of the few who stood up against the Pythag lynch. However, you didn't "defend" him, you just said why you weren't voting, you didn't try to save him, you didn't stick your neck out. Instead, you pushed for DiamondFalcon's lynch. Here are all the posts you made of the incident

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2697123&postcount=661
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2708690&postcount=686
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2717400&postcount=720
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2719192&postcount=730
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2719215&postcount=731

And that was it. Around four small posts against Pythag's lynch, and non of which were you directly pushing for his safety. Instead, you were arguing for DF's lynch, which had no basis.

I think that you played your game very tightly at the start, nameclaiming but giving a false roleclaim and generly staying out of the way, until you were sure that you had pegged a mafia member, you then rode in like a white knight and rescued a town, thereby "proving" that you had to be town. If anyone of us three hasn't stuck their neck out for someone it is you, because you really didn't stick your neck out, you knew that chill was town and that jiano was mafia, and your the only person who has enough skiull to do that.
I didn't stay out of the way, not at all. My entire beginning strategy was "draw as much attention to self as possible", literally. Did you forget this post? http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2746860&postcount=815

I don't have supernatural skill at this game, I admit that I think I'm rather good at it, but I in no way "knew" that Chill was town, I assumed. DF risked his life for Pythag, and I have for Chill, but you haven't. You made a few posts going against a lynch, but nothing much else.

Your move did put you out in the open more, but it put you in the position of leader. You have controlled every vote up until this point.
Yes, I have, which is not good, as the fact that an independent is almost winning is proof of it. If I was independent, I wouldn't want the leadership role. I'd have assumed someone would investigate me. It's what the cop always seems to do.

Vash's goals are the complete opposite of everyone playing this game. That is the definition of independent. Everyone playing wants to kill their opposing faction, vash wants to kill nobody. Vash's character is SO Incredibly overpowered that he would be overpowered as an independent and IMPOSSIBLY GODLY as a town.
I know my character is completely overpowered. Vash's goals are not the "complete opposite", he wants the bad guys killed. The Gung-ho gang (which every mafia player is) was hired (by Liggy's character) to kill me. Every townie is based around helping my character survive. You're right, Vash doesn't want to kill anybody. He just wants to defeat them. In the story, Vash does kill someone. He shoots Legato in the head in order to protect his friends. He violated his own moral code for the sake of others. That is not the action of an independent.

Your character, however, is exactly what one looks for when looking for an independent. He has split personality, and fought for both sides. Your character killed Wolfwood.

If I was just basing this on characters, I'd be after DF. But both of you have been confirmed town. But you're character has two personalities, and of the two you are the most likely to be able to fake an investigation.

If eor is telling the truth about vash there is no role that FF would have given him other than independent.
That role is overpowered, independent or not. I am town, and I am overpowered.

And, DF look at your own character, he is a mebemer of the gung ho guns, there is no reason for him to be town....but he is Why can't it be the other way around.
Because there aren't enough townies to have a town without having some badish characters along with them.

I seem to remember when I was 100% confirmed town, I think eor hoped that one of us would get knocked out beofre the final 3, and felt safe saying that we were absolutely town.
I included several people in the absolutely town part, but that was we were assuming that Camo was independent or mafia.

I think in the last two days, when he realized it was gonna be us three, is when he started planting doubts in your mind. So eor, did you "always find me suspicious" or was I "100% confirmed town"?
I found you town until we started going down. Look back a few days, when we still had KevinM and Mediocre alive. I fingered you as a possible independent then. No one is 100 percent confirmed, even if I said otherwise. Things always change.

Ya, I did lie. My real power is that if FF roll's a 5 or a 6 im immune, and I get a night kill every even night. I lied because if I hadn't we potentially had a fillibuster for multiple nights with myself getting both role and vote blocked until i rolled immunity.
What? Explain that please. You only role-claimed when we where in a voting deadlock. There was nothing to hide, nor was there a reason to believe you'd be both role and night blocked when we where going after one of the above. There was no reason for you to need to have your night kill if you were town. But you're not, you're independent, and so you wanted your night kill so you can continue killing us.

And, as i think you all know I'm growing rather tired of this game. I was positive that yesterday was going to be uneventful, and i knew that if i could get kevinm not to role block me i could break the stalemate. If I hadn't lied we might still have been locked in a stalemate.
What? That makes no sense, you didn't mention your role until after the night moves. No one broke the stale mate but KevinM. I really have no idea what you're trying to say with that.

I would also, like to remind everyone that I am not the only person to lie about their ability.
Yes, I lied. My lie served a purpose, though. I was trying to take as many roles to the grave as possible. Every attack against me was a failed attack, as long as I kept that up I'd be able to soak up as many night attacks as possible. That is another thing that benefits me, if I was independent I wouldn't want to soak up night attacks, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned it.

The mafia only killed by nails after everyone else had been taken out.
Possibility, I'm not sure. But the main point was that you lied for no purpose.

The mafia attacked you night one, millions knives was their godfather and he killed with bullets as well. In fact I seem to remember that the mafia claimed to have targeted you EVERY NIGHT. More discrepansies eor?
When did they ever claim to target me every night? If they did, they lied. I have posted how the only person that targeted me again and again was Camo with his blade. The mafia targeted me day 1, then once more. They never said to have attacked me every night, that's a direct lie on your part.

Tons of facets of your stories don't line up eor.
Speak for yourself, I'm making sense, and you're not. You're the independent.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
First off I'd like to say that my character gains a lot of honor when he turns good at his last battle. I can see how frozen decided to make my character town.

I have made my decision. Here's why I'm voting you, spam_master.

1. Eor has taken lots of hits by lying about his role, something an independent wouldn't do. An independent doesn't become the leader of the group.

2. Eorlingas has no killing ability, I think he's proven that much. Vash doesn't seem like a character who would want everyone else dead, and he uses a revolver, not a super automatic machine gun. Which weapon barrages victims with bullets?

3. You lied about turning to Razlo every other day, because you thought it would make you seem less of a threat.

4. You killed Kada, even though all of his posts (though few) were very town-like. I even pointed out that I strongly felt him to be town.

5. Why would you try and kill Vash to test if he was night-immune, that early in the game?

6. You tried to make people think I was mafia, and at the same time make yourself look good by backing Pythag. If you were town and Livio, you would have known that Gung-ho Guns can be town, thus you made this decision knowingly.

7. Camo-man was our vig. You think having an armor is overpowered, but two town vigs is not?

8. You switched the vote on Day 8 from Mediocre to KevinM, because you knew he could roleblock your kill that night and you wouldn't get one the next night.

9. You killed Mediocre even though I said to calm down and we'd sort it out the next Day.

10. Mediocre and KevinM both targeted you on the same night. Obviously they felt strongly about you being independent. Hopefully this will make up for me losing trust in them.

Vote: Spam_master
Better luck next time!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Oh thank god, I was terrified you'd kill me.

The game is over.

Df, if you're the independent I'm going to cry

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I just trusted you with the game, and you think it's still possible that I'm the independent! If I was independent wouldn't, I have just voted you earlier?

But anyways, congrats Eor, I believe we are the victors!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think you are, I'm just saying if you are. Then I'd be upset. So so upset.

Hurray us

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I guess like I'd be upset if you are an independent. But I believe all of the reasons I gave for voting Spam_master confirm that he is the independent. And we have finally won!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm going to wait for all my end post until after Frozen updates, because I don't want to look like a huge douche who posts a big thing, then finds out he's wrong and lost everyone the game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Because he's probably upset that he lost. Either way, we just have to wait for Frozenflame

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah, since the games just about over I'd say dead people can post, as long as they don't spill anything frozenflame might have told them. Though if FF is angry at it, well, that's your risk

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Anyways, I'm pretty lost. Hopefully Spam just can't stand losing when he was so close to winning.
If Eor or Diamond is just waiting for frozen to jump in and say "spam's dead, he's town" and then laugh in our faces shouting about how they won, that's just not cool. =/

And you should blame Riciardos for me targetting you repeatedly Eor. My power was being stolen up from Night 1, until he went inactive and didn't send in his role. Then I killed Chill cuz I thought he was Independent. =/

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still so pissed at how I acted at the beginning of the game...
this was an interesting read none the less.
I'm curious to see if town won.
It seems like they did.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Actually, I dont think we targeted Eor a ton. I realized right away that Eor was prolly lying, but we targeted you then once more a few nights later to be sure and then once more when we tried to get you roleblocked so you might have been vulnerable. That obviously didnt work though... We just had terrible luck and a lot of people had night immunity...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ronike i got you killed El Oh El ;)

But seriously it was fun guys i really enjoyed this game a lot. Even if Spam and DF didn't believe me the whole god **** game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
What are you talking about Kevin? I died cause Eor pissed me off massively and I revealed myself. Eor killed me.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Ronike i got you killed El Oh El ;)

But seriously it was fun guys i really enjoyed this game a lot. Even if Spam and DF didn't believe me the whole god **** game.
It didn't help that you were aggressive against me even after I'd tried to prove myself town... and you hadn't.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Lack of communication seriously hurt us. GotMink screwed us over big time on the first night because he "didn't agree with our kill." Liggy wasn't supposed to defend me but he did anyway. Riciardos didn't do anything at all. Ronike and I were the only ones actually communicating.

Making Vash bulletproof was mad lame, everyone pretty much followed Eor through the entire game. I don't know why you would so blindly trust him especially with his plan that could have easily backfired, but it looks like it worked, barely.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The logic of my "lynch these five people" wasn't that bad, it was just the information it was based on that was bad. I was expecting the blade guy to be mafia because he constantly attacked me, I wasn't thinking about a role swapper. Though in the end that was a pretty terrible plan, I'm upset that I failed so badly. Well, when Frozen updates to confirm that Spam was the independent I'll post more indepth

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Since the game's not officially over, I don't want to edit, but I forgot to add this to my last post.

I talked to frozen on aim about my role, he basically said that he was sick of mafia games where all the good players are night killed, so he decided to give me night immunity. He said he wanted the mafia to work for my death. If it was someone other then Vash, then I'd be good, though since it was Vash, I was basically immune either way.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
That's why I keep insisting on role claiming before getting lynched, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... people jumped on the bandwagon and let Ronike have the oppurtunity to hammer. >_>

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
To be fair, I was suspicious of you already, and thought that character was definite mafia, so it wouldn't have done anything at all for your defense, if anything it would have hurt it

Ronike

Smash Ace
I still cant believe we lynched Camo that day... that was just epic fail on the part of the town

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I was planning to post the following as soon as Day Nine started. I never got the chance, but I think it all worked out for the best.

Please, read this before you lynch me.

First of all, I apologize to everyone for the wait. I've been waiting until frozenflame was on at the same time as me so I could PM him my role (I did nothing, by the way), and then get the first post in as soon as the day started. Otherwise, I'm absolutely sure I'd be quick-lynched. Now, I hope I have a bit of a chance.

Nice manuvering by Mediocre there. Got his partner killed, and in doing so made it appear that he is town as well.
Are you kidding me Eor?

Do you really think that I'm so much smarter and trickier than KevinM that I could fool him the entire game, while working in close proximity with him? Do you really think I'm some kind of puppet master who can bend all the people to my will through AIM conversations? You've watched me play the game so far, and you've seen how I am at the various mindgames and psychology that make up a large part of Mafia.

I know how good I am at them, and I know I'm not very good.

I still say next day we get Mediocre. Even if he is town, which I doubt (due to attacking DF), it'd still leave three of us alive. None of us would have lost
You know, I'm not sure where this complacent mentality comes from. Are you so sure that I'm independent and that spam_master and DiamondFalcon are town that you can just off me out of hand? Or, for spam_master and DiamondFalcon, why are you so trusting of each other, and of Eor?

If you kill me off and the game still doesn't end, your chance of finding the independent drops dramatically, because you've gone two chances to only one more shot.

I'm not going to accuse any one of being independent, because honestly, at this point none of you look particularly suspicious to me. Rather, you all look equally suspicious. Plus, it would only look like I was making accusations in a desperate effort to save my own skin.

Make no mistake, I am desperate to save my own skin, but for the opposite reasons.

To add: If Mediocre was town, he'd offer himself up,
You know, I was torn about which one of us should die. On the one hand, we've got KevinM with a roleblocking ability (that was probably going to be useless from here on out), but who seemed, for some reason, to be more trusted by the rest of the mafia players. Then there was me, who had an ability that still had some use, but was distrusted more than KevinM was.

We discussed who should give themselves up on AIM, but we never reached a conclusion. I'd decided that one of us would have to die, because things weren't getting anywhere. When I last talked to him, KevinM was still reluctant to let either of us die.

I think I logged onto this site early in the morning on the 20th. From 10:00-12:00 I had class. When I came home, my internet was dead (my ISP's fault, not mine). It only came back sometime that night, at which point the lynch had already taken place. I don't know what would have happened if I'd been able to talk to everybody, but I certainly would have said something.

So Eor, I was willing to give myself up. By the time I was able to post, that was no longer an option.

Whether all this or not is, of course, up to you. Ask yourself if it's internally consistent, and whether it's consistent with what you've seen in this game so far. If you think that it is, then consider whether my opinions might be worthy of something other than instant dismissal from now on.

Just figured I'd post it, since I put all that effort into it and then it turned out to be worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom