• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trigun Mafia (GAME OVER! TOWN WINS! Night Actions/Results/PMs posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welcome to Smash World Forum's 12th iteration of the great forum game, Mafia!

This theme of this mafia game will be, you guess it, the anime/manga Trigun! There are 16 player slots and they will be given on a first come first serve basis. Anyone else interested in playing will be signed up as a replacement.

Well, make that 15 slots. Ligolski is on vacation and I promised to reserve him a spot. :laugh:

Alright so, if you're new to this I'm making it REQUISITE that you visit these three links and read them thoroughly. DO NOT COME INTO THIS GAME BLIND AND IGNORANT! TL;DR NOOBS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

I'm not posting a How to Play section in here. Either do the reading or don't play. If you aren't big on reading do us all a favor and don't sign up. Furthermore, this game requires some devotion. If you aren't confident that you can read up on this game at least once a day and post something of substance (with the exception of vacations, which you should notify us off ahead of time) don't sign up. All you will do is slow the game down and make it less enjoyable for everyone. If you aren't going to be an active contributor please reconsider playing this game. I will have a fairly strict policy regarding inactives here. I will not hesitate to replace someone who couldn't give a rats *** about the game with an eager replacement.

The Rules:

1.) All votes MUST be bolded. I'm not as lenient as the other mods, sorry. If your vote isn't bolded, it doesn't count. It really isn't that hard. A few keystrokes on your part can save me loads of time and effort trying to pick out all those hard to find non-bold votes.

2.) When changing your vote you MUST unvote whomever you had you vote on just prior. This also MUST be bolded. If you don't it won't count.

3.) Absolutely NO EDITING! You get one warning and that's it. If you edit two times you're gone. I'll either replace you if there are replacements available or mod kill you if there aren't any. However, edit mod kills will not end the day. It's stupid to punish everyone because of one moron.

4.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced/modkilled. No warnings for this rule.

5.) No quoting PM's from me. I don't care if you post the actual thing, or if you forge it. If it looks like a genuine PM from me you're getting replaced/mod killed.

6.) Take the game seriously. Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you. Yes I know this is an ambiguous and vague rule, but I highly doubt I'll have to enforce it.

7.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again.

8.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

9.) I'm the mod. Respect me and I'll respect you. Whatever I say goes, at least within the threshold of this game. ;) Don't argue with me. If you absolutely think that something I did was unfair, and have some nice reasoning to back it up, take it up with me via PM. I WILL listen if your PM meets the aforementioned requirements. Leave the thread space for the actual game.

10.) My elastic clause. ^_^ I may add to or alter these rules as I see fit. However, in the event that I should add a rule, people who had already broken it will not be punished, since that's how we do it in America. :laugh:

Oh yeah, remember to obey all of the SWF rules. I obviously can't enforce them, but the people who can, can do way meaner stuff than modkill/replace you from a forum game. XP

THIS GAME WILL BE LONG! BEAR THAT IN MIND WHEN DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO PLAY!

Feel free to post comments or criticisms of the ruleset and whatnot in the thread during signups. Once the game starts though, please take any of that to PM land.

Win Conditions

Town: If you are town aligned, you win the game when all non town aligned players have been eliminated.

Mafia: If you are mafia alligned, you win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose any more members.

So yeah I think that's everything.... GO!

Players:
1.) Ligolski [Millions Knives, Mafia, Lynched Day 3]
2.) Jiano [Monev the Gale, Mafia, Lynched Day 2] (Replaced AgentLi)
3.) Riciardos [Legato Bluesummers, Mafia, Lynched Day 7] (Replaced GotMink)
4.) Eorlingas [Vash the Stampede, Town aligned, Survived]
5.) Ronike [Elendira the Crimsontail, Mafia, Lynched Day 6]
6.) spam master [Livio the Double Fang/Razlo the Tri-Punisher of Death, Independently aligned, Lynched Day 9]
7.) smashman90 [Mary-Anne Alurkaizen, Town, Lynched Day 4]
8.) Mediocre [Meryl Strife, Town, Killed Night 8]
9.) Blazer [Spirit of Rem Saverem, Town, Killed Night 3]
10.) Pythag [Midvalley the Hornfreak, Town, Lynched Day 1]
11.) Camo-man [Rai-Dei the Blade, Town, Lynched Day 5]
12.) DiamondFalcon [Hoppered the Gauntlet, Town aligned, Survived]
13.) Chill [Kuroneko-sama, Town, Killed Night 4]
14.) Kada [Dominique the Cyclops, Town, killed Night 2] (Replaced Kashakunaki)
15.) commonyoshi [Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Town, killed Night 2] (Replaced mask man)
16.) KevinM [Milly Thompson, Town, Lynched Day 8]

Replacements:
1.) Dark Ermac
2.) Stop.Haxxoring.Me
3.) <3
4.) Sanjuinuthus
5.) Smashbot226

Ronike

Smash Ace
Le sign up. But know that I wont be on a ton for the following week.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm totally in.

Quick question, are the charcters gonna be from mostly anime or manga trigun (hopes for manga)? I don't wanna end up with 14 gung-ho guns

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'll play.

Manga Trigun would be so much better than anime Trigun, but either way is fine by me.

This is my first mafia game, but I understand the basics, and I'll make sure I understand all the various mafia-related rules before the game begins.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Man, I want to play, but I don't know anything about Trigun. If you have trouble finding a final player go ahead and put me in though.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I've never watched it in my whole life. All I know is that Vash the Stampede or something makes a pose with the peace sign and says "The world is made of... love and peace!"

spam_master

Smash Rookie
if your gonna experience it the anime os good but the mangqa is a million times better and is free to download if you find the scantalation site

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't need to have watched/read Trigun to play in this. Just like all the mafias before, knowing a lot about the theme isn't requisite to play, but it may help you figure out some things others might not. On top of that, I didn't really put any insanely in depth quirks in this game or anything. You can find out all the info you'd need to know to understand everything in this game from wikipedia.

EDIT: Basic win conditions added to the original post.

G

GotMink

me still thinks Death Note is more suited for a mafia game.. but Trigun is cool too =P.
Also, is the cat a role someone has? >_>

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
me still thinks Death Note is more suited for a mafia game.. but Trigun is cool too =P.
Also, is the cat a role someone has? >_>
Too true, too true.

Sign me up. This will be my first mafia game but I read all the rules and will do my best. I'm not a Trigun savvy as I used to be, but good stuff regardless.

mask man

Smash Cadet
im in,this uses the townie,cop,docter,mason,s killer,mafia,godfather,vigilante and roleblocker and thats it right?
also what are the theme name replacements?
like changing what a mafia is called but not what it does.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
You don't get told what classes are playing beforehand or what they are called, also there are way more roles that he's probably gonna use besides the beginner ones like motivator or serial killer, these games are usually not beginner level, you should proably have some experience with at least playing mafia in RL

mask man

Smash Cadet
i see...well i have done mafia with over 22 players on nb,that thing has quite some roles.
i should manage in this but i dont know anything about trigun,unless you mean the type of mafia with 3 mafia types.
trigun sounds like some kind of anime,ill search it on wiki.
meh i still think imma join.i think ive had enough exp.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mask Man, you aren't typically told what roles will be in the game before the game begins, nor are typically told what character's will play what roles (i.e. town, mafia, etc.) so obviously I'm not going to tell you that.

You say you've played online before so that leads me to believe that you should know what you're doing. You don't need to know anything about Trigun to play this game, but it will certainly help if you do. In any event I'm letting you play so don't worry.
Eorlingas said:
Spam Master, be quite
He should be quite what, Eor? :laugh:

mask man

Smash Cadet
i cant wait ^^
if i like this game i might check out the anime later,sounds interesting.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
thanks for saving me a spot :)

edit: yo speaking of large mafia games...the next mafia game on this board will be mine and i have 23 people in it...so...get your smart friends involved as well

*looks at flash tutorial for the first time ;)*

mask man

Smash Cadet
lawl,save the maddness for when the last sucker joins.
im not joining any bandwagons to much unless i think they are realy mafia.no guesses for me.
well maby the first time...
and i dont want to seem to smart or else ill die first turn.
*puts on jesters hat*
duuuuuuuuuuu....me dumb!
*drools*

G

GotMink

psssh they wouldn't lynch you anyway even if you were the smartest, they'd lynch liggy cuz he' likes the ps3 =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom