• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trigun Mafia (GAME OVER! TOWN WINS! Night Actions/Results/PMs posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Medio, I agree with basically everything you said regarding Occam's Razor. In case you misinterpreted what i said as how I believe it should be applied, that isn't what I was trying to do. I was simply answering camo-man's simple question of "What is it?" so i provided its basic definition.

As for win conditions. I operate on the assumption that in order to win the game, you must eliminate all other factions. Normally, you don't see games get to this point via actual gameplay. Why is that? It's because mods just end games once the mafia/independent whittles the town down to its size, and kills the rest in "endgame". Some mods just do this indiscriminately by actually changing the win conditions to be what would normally trigger endgame, even if the circumstances in said game WOULD NOT trigger endgame, upon further consideration.

For example, in a basic mafia game with only vanilla townies and vanilla mafiats, endgame is triggered when the mafia has numbers equal to the town. This is so because assuming rationality from both sides, the absolute best scenario for the town is that they manage to figure out who each other are and will not vote for one another. If this happens, it is impossible for either side to gain a majority, since mafiats wont vote for one another and neither will the townies, and it is necessary that someone vote for a teamate in order to achieve lynch. This causes stalemate, and the day must be forcibly ended with no lynch. Night comes and since the townies are vanillia, assuming rationality again, the mafia are guaranteed to kill a townie, which gives them the majority the next day, thus allowing them to easily lynch and nightkill the remaining townies. Instead of letting the players do all of this themselves, mods just trigger endgame to save time and assume all of that will happen by assuming rationality.

Here are some examples of late game situations that should not, in my opinion, trigger endgame.

1.) Equal number of un-nightkillables on both sides. No one can die at night so one of the opposing factions HAS to win by getting the other side to mislynch. If the game deadlocks, it's a tie.

2.) A town double voter can keep the town in the game even if they have even numbers with the mafia, i.e. two town, two mafia, one town is a double voter. The game is basically decided by who the double voter decides to vote for.

3.) Two town and two mafia are still alive, all except godfather are vulnerable to night death, one town is a vig one is the doctor. This game can go both ways. Obviously no lynch can occur so the game deadlocks and forces night phase. If the mafia targets vig and doc protects, and the vig correctly targets the non GF, the town can pull out the win when day phase comes around since they now have numbers on the mafia. Obviously though that game is lost for the town if they miss that protection no matter what.

Get the idea? I don't like setting those majority or equality oriented win conditions because it can cut out some nice juicy endgame metagame. I prefer to leave those possibilities open and only end the game when all the opposing factions are dead.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I really enjoyed this game. In the beginning I had some trouble, because some of the things I had was based off experiences in the currently-running SP mafia, mainly just concerning Blazer. But that’s not that important.

I’m not going to have false “modesty” about this, after Ligolski I controlled the town, I dictated every lynch from Jiano to Riciardos. And so I’m going to mention about how I led the town.

In the beginning, I thought I was dominating. I was, actually. I saved Chill then had Jiano and Ligolski both lynched, which kicked the mafia in the balls. I was night immune, was basically vote immune due to perception, and at the time was giving smart choices.

I’m actually glad that I also killed us, because after Ligolski’s lynch I was really thinking “AHAHAHA, I AM THE GOD OF MAFIA!” (not exact quote)

To be truly fair, I can’t be biased against myself. The plan I had about lynching those four people after we found Meryl wasn’t all that bad, in theory. There’s some famous military quote that, paraphrased, goes “It’s a bad plan that can’t be changed”, which sums up my plan. The information it was on was faulty, and after we realized that, we couldn’t really stop. I was under the suspicion that Spam was town, and that the blade guy was independent. Turns out those last two were reversed, but if they weren’t, we would have killed the last three non-townies and just a single townie. But since it was wrong, it didn’t work out so well.

The big problem with Ronike was that I overanalyzed what he said. After we accidently lynched Smashman instead of him, I started to think about what he said. Really, I wasn’t being a ****. I don’t think so then, nor now. I was harsh, I guess, but nothing that was deserving of his outburst. I thought about it, and decided that he was being clever. I was technically right about it, he claimed he was the last mafia member when really there was Riciardos. I assumed he just wanted us to waste a lynch on him while his partner and independents continued to wittle us down. If Camo was independent, it would have been perfectly to do. But he wasn’t, so we looked like complete *******es.

I was talking to Mediocre on AIM after we lynched Spam (and where waiting for Frozenflame to update), and mentioned how I almost killed everyone. We talked about it, I joked that I was like “Dumbledore” and he thought it was a good comparison. I’m not going to claim I’m a very wise leader, but I can compare how in the game I was basically alone. People were too willing to listen to me, there was no one else to really fight with. I could have plenty of good ideas, though several bad ones came too, and because I was basically a “leader”, my bad choices had a much bigger impact then others.

Around that point, I also stopped giving people credit. KevinM had posts against Ronike, but I hadn’t felt any sense of mafiash about Ronike, so I didn’t even read them. I was suspicious of Mediocre and KevinM before the end, so when it appeared that we had some independents left after Riciardos, I thought “aha! I was right all along!”, and went after them. Well, that’s not really true. I thought about it and decided that it was likely that there were two independents left, and we had two masons that, I believe, are “technically” not part of Vash’s gang, so I thought they’d fit. It was after that I had my “I was right!” thought.

I think Jiano would have done much better if I hadn’t just come out of SP mafia and had done basically the same thing he was doing. He was good, I just saw it was what I had done.

Close to the end, I was afraid DiamondFalcon would vote for me just because of the investigation thing. I disagree with Spam that if we had had a long debate he would have gotten me lynched, I’m very good at personal debates like that (never been lynched), plus I had the bonus of telling the truth. I thought DF would be able to see that I was telling the truth, because of the Pythag incident, but I was still slightly scared. So, I decided to do some untowny things to try and persuade him. That whole discussion about where we lived was just me trying to get on friendly terms with him. I hoped that if I had a nice conversation like that (and if we lived close together) we’d be closer then we had before, and therefore he’d be leaning more towards me. Don’t know if it worked, probably didn’t, but it was worth a short.

Ronike has a problem with emotion. I feel like he’s done that before, but I can’t remember a specific incident.

I still have no idea what to thing of Pythag. Throughout the entire game I thought he had a role restriction, I was await Frozen’s roles post to see what it was. And he had nothing, he was telling the truth the entire time. I’m surprised.

I can’t tell if Spam_Master did anything really good this game or not. His entire personality towards this game is seen by me as being Scummy, so I couldn’t tell if he was being “scummier” then I found him in SPM, though maybe that’s just me. He lasted all the way towards the end, so I’m guessing he did something good. That’d be up for him to post what it was, I couldn’t judge it.

Mediocre, I think, made a mistake of not offering himself up to lynch when we where about to kill KevinM on the forums. While talking to KevinM on aim (after we killed Spam) he mentioned that Mediocre had offered to him, but as there was nothing on the forum, no one here could see it. Spam did do a good job here, There was a duo and he made us kill the less suspicious one, so even after we killed one the “real danger” still existed for another lynch. I slightly agree with Mediocre about him Spam killing him. The idea behind it wasn’t bad, he made himself look town by trying to kill the “last independent”, therefore making it easier to blame me while clearing himself. I just don’t think he thought we’d see how he killed, then use it to show that he lied about his night role.

My mistakes weren’t really all that bad, they just ended up having a much bigger consequence on the game then they should have.

Lessons learned! Don’t let one person dictate. It’s bad for everybody except that person’s ego.

Occam’s razor!

People hate night immunity

Three cheers for Frozen, this was a really fun game. I liked what you did with the roles, name-claims didn’t clear anybody after a while.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I know full well that I have issues with emotion and therefore generally read over my stuff before I post it to fix it. At that point, I was havin a ton of personal issues in real life, which were frustrating me out of my mind. The game was frustrating me too as, like I said, there was no feasible way for the mafia to win and there were no fake roles to claim. There just arent enough good guys in Trigun from what I could gather, or at least none in the mafia could come up with any. Therefore, you just pushed me over the edge with some of the harsh posts, so I kinda exploded and then figured it couldnt hurt to try and redirect you guys away from the mafia... it obviously didnt work, but I thought it was worth a shot. And in the end, I think the break did me good. And before that I dont think I did too bad for my first mafia game... and I really did have all those vacations and groundings by the way. I dont lie about that.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I followed you a lot Eor, but it was because I trusted you, and you felt the same about a lot of people as me. I was right about Pythag, and I think the only person I mislynched was Smashman90, even though I felt strongly about him being town throughout the game. So though you were the leader, I was right there along with you, backing you up, and trying my best to win the game (so don't forget about me). I did doubt you for a time, because of the rushing and mislynches you were causing, the fact that you were totally night-immune, and that we were running out of people to suspect. If Mediocre had lived, I might have voted for you. But by the end, there was just too much on the plate against Spam_master, I only let him reply for fairness sake, and to see if there was something he could do to clear himself. I thought you were just having the nice conversation to pass the time, but figures you were just trying to get me on your side. It didn't change my mind too much, since I was already thinking you were town. When spam posted his defense, it only confirmed my decision, as you can see in my 10 points (I know you came up with some of them). But I made the decision for myself, and we won the game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I hope I didn't come out sounding like I thought I did everything, it was you that decided the final outcome, and it was everyone else that voted as well. My post was just talking about myself instead of the town as a whole

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
man. I had one really bad weak of work, which somehow gave me this idea of "Wouldn't it be interesting to talk only in votes."
I started implementing this plan before I realized that I had already made a few posts.
I still have no clue what I was thinking when I decided to do that, I really boned myself hardcore.
This was intense! I can't wait for another game to start up. Preferably one that will be better than CSI. (no offense lig)

Gosh Eor, if I could have just convinced you, I wouldn't have died then.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I have two ideas about the next mafia game. One of them just came to me yesterday, I'm not sure how it'd work out, but I really like it. I'm probably just going to go with what I originally had, because I already have roles for it. But I'm going to have to sign up again for the second one. Or I could just give it to someone, if they want to change what their theme is. It's not really a theme as much as a mechanic, and it'd work best for themes with a serious/paranoid aspect to it. Like the Thing, if it was a mafia game.

Expect my mafia game in a few days.

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i really like what you're going heres. Count me in too, i think ill be Luigi, i don't think that guy gets enough credit around these fourms, oh, can i make 2 recommendations about attacks, I that involves the cape/flying (from SMW) and a thunder based attack (from Mario and Luigi superstar saga please!)

Oh, and i call first training after adventure mode saga is done!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im still in the next adventure mode thingy, right? Actually, itd prolly be good to redo sign ups for that as some of the members have fallen into inactivity.... so dibs! And thats what Im waiting for BTW...

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Im still in the next adventure mode thingy, right? Actually, itd prolly be good to redo sign ups for that as some of the members have fallen into inactivity.... so dibs! And thats what Im waiting for BTW...
Waiting for what?

And members that have registered will stay in the roster. :)

And yes, I'll book you a spot for whenever Story mode starts again.

Since I'll be restarting the 4 player list for story mode.

Hey, i really like what you're going heres. Count me in too, i think ill be Luigi, i don't think that guy gets enough credit around these fourms, oh, can i make 2 recommendations about attacks, I that involves the cape/flying (from SMW) and a thunder based attack (from Mario and Luigi superstar saga please!)

Oh, and i call first training after adventure mode saga is done!
I'll register you asap.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright here are the night actions and results and whatnot:

Night 1 actions:

Gotmink: can i redirect ligolski's godfather nightkill ability... >_> i want to...... i wanna kill eorlingas.... and he chose someone that didn't contribute at all to the game.....

Mediocre: voteblock Eor

KevinM: roleblock Eor

Camo-man: pass

Ligolski: orders Jiano (Monev) to attempt to kill smashman90

Blazer: protects ligolski

smashman90: investigates diamondfalcon

DiamondFalcon: protects himself

Kada: picked Blazer to stun if assaulted

Results:

-Gotmink possesses Jiano and redirects him at Eor, who is unaffected.

-Eor is unaffected by both Kevin and Mediocres abilities

-smashman90 receives guaranteed town result on DiamondFalcon

-Jiano is possessed by Gotmink and instead assaults Eor, who is unaffected

Personal PMs:

-Jiano: Following your orders from Knives, you slowly approach the shadowy silhouette of your target, smashman90. Just as you are about to unleash a barrage of bullets from your duel autocannons, your muscles tighten to the point where they can no longer be moved. You strain to move your body with every ounce of your strength, but to no avail. Then suddenly you turn around, and begin to approach a different silhouette. While you are still complete conscious, you have absolutely no control of your body. Then you open fire upon this new target. At that very second, other gunshots ring out from two other directions, but you are unable to conclude what type of firearms may be being used, as the sound of your own gunshots overpowers the others. Round upon round of ammo streams toward your new target, but none of them seem to connect. The silhouette you're firing upon nimbly prances all around, somehow managing to dodge every bullet. Just before dawn begins to break, you stop shooting and retreat to your original sleeping position, by the will of whomever or whatever it is that is controlling you. As soon as you lay down, the tense feeling passes and control of your body is returned to you.

-Eorlingas: Let's just say you had one hectic night. Maybe having to dodge a ****load of bullets had something to do with it? Whether it was a single assailant with a heavy automatic weapon, or multiple assailants that unloaded on you I cannot say, since you were unable to see who/how many people were firing at you, but you obviously would know that you somehow managed to dodge a heck of a lot of metal overnight. Oh and since you're all superhuman and whatnot, you're not even the slightest bit tired, so there really isn't any evidence that you were being shot at.

-KevinM: Overnight you, alongside Meryl (Mediocre) slowly and silently approached the silhouette you could only just slightly perceive to be Eorlingas. Just as you both opened fire upon him, you heard the roar of a massive source of fire power from another location. Regardless, Eorlingas' silhouette danced nimbly about, somehow managing to dodge every single projectile you and Meryl fired at him. Just as the sun begins to creep above the horizon, you two use your last minutes in the cover of the darkness to retreat to where you once lay.

-Mediocre: Overnight you, alongside Milly (KevinM), slowly and silently approached the silhouette you could only just slightly perceive to be Eorlingas. Just as you both opened fire upon him, you heard the roar of a massive source of fire power from another location. Regardless, Eorlingas' silhouette danced nimbly about, somehow managing to dodge every single projectile you and Milly fired at him. Just as the sun begins to creep above the horizon, you two use your last minutes in the cover of the darkness to retreat to where you once lay.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 2 Actions:

Spam_master (Livio) attempts to kill Kada.

DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) sheilds himself.

Smashmand90 (Mary-Anne) investigates spam_master.

Blazer (Rem) protects Eorlingas.

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block ligolski.

Ligolski (Knives) orders Ronike (Elendira) to kill commonyoshi.

Riciardos (Legato) attempts to mind control camo-man and force him to use his ability on Eorlingas.

Camo-man (Rai) attempts to kill Ligolski.

Kada (Dominique) choses Ronike to stun should he assault him.

KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock Ligolski

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results:

Spam_master successfully kills Kada.

Smashman90 is returned a town result. (Truly independent)

Eorlingas feels Rem presence and protection.

Mediocre and KevinM both fire at Ligolski but fail in a manner similar to their attack on eorlingas.

Ronike successfully kills commonyoshi.

Riciardos successfully controls camo-man who then attempts to attack Ligolski but fails.

Kada prepares to stun Ronike who never assaults him, is caught off guard and killed by spam-master.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM's:

Smashman90: You successfully investigated spam_master and concluded he is town alligned.

Eorlingas: As you rested you could feel the spiritual presence of someone quite dear to you, as if she were watching over you. Just as you begin to reminisce, your peace is disrupted by an assailant swinging a hefty katana. You use your superior agility to escape your assailant unscathed. As you escaped you can hear the blurred sound of gunfire from every direction, though none of it seemed to be directed at you.

Camo-man: As you slowly and silently approach your target Ligolski, you hear gun fire erupt all around you. There is so much of it it is impossible to distinguish what type of guns are being fired and from where. You pick up your pace and rush toward Ligolski, hoping to use the sound and confusion as cover and allow you to ambush him, but just as you are about to unsheathe your sword, you lose control of your body. You remain conscious but are unable to move yourself. You quickly turn around and rush toward a new target whom you are unable to discern in the midst of all the chaos. You unsheathe your sword and ferociously attack your new target. However, he is surprisingly agile and manages to dodge every one of your slashes and flee. Soon after you are once again in control of yourself and quickly return to your original sleeping position, frustrated, but not at all discouraged.

Mediocre: Overnight you alongside Milly (KevinM) once again attempt to ambush your new target, Ligolski. You can see his silhouette in the distance, steadily holding your aim on him as you make your approach. You both open fire. Simultaneously you hear other gunfire erupt from elsewhere, but in multiple directions, and it is impossible for you to discern where it is directed. Your target dances around gracefully and easily dodging every single bullet. Frustrated by another failure you and Milly quickly retreat so as to avoid possible return fire.

KevinM: Overnight you alongside Meryl (Mediocre) once again attempt to ambush your new target, Ligolski. You can see his silhouette in the distance, steadily holding your aim on him as you make your approach. You both open fire. Simultaneously you hear other gunfire erupt from elsewhere, but in multiple directions, and it is impossible for you to discern where it is directed. Your target dances around gracefully and easily dodging every single bullet. Frustrated by another failure you and Meryl quickly retreat so as to avoid possible return fire.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Goddman, I never realized Gotmink changed their kill, I thought he just meant he disagreed and they did what he said. Jesus, that sucks for them.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 3 Actions:

Smashman90 (Mary-Anne) investigates Blazer.

Blazer (Rem) protects Eorlingas.

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block Chill.

Riciardos (Legato) orders Elendira (Ronike) to kill Blazer. He also attempts to mind control camo-man and force him to use his ability on Eorlingas.

Camo-man (Rai) attempts to kill smashman90.

KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock spam_master.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results:

Smashman90 gets town result on Blazer.

Chill is voteblocked by Mediocre.

Camo-man is redirected to attack Eor but fails to kill him.

Blazer is successfully killed by Ronike.

KevinM fails to roleblock spam_master.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM's:

Smashman90: You successfully investigated Blazer and concluded he is town aligned.

Eorlingas: Once again you are assaulted by an assailant swinging a hefty katana. You use your superior agility to escape your assailant unscathed. As you escaped you can hear the sound of gunfire from multiple directions, though none of it seemed to be directed at you.

Camo-man: As you slowly and silently approach your target smashman90, you hear gun fire erupt all around you. There is so much of it it is impossible to distinguish what type of guns are being fired and from where. You pick up your pace and rush toward smashman90, hoping to use the sound and confusion as cover and allow you to ambush him, but just as you are about to unsheathe your sword, you lose control of your body. You remain conscious but are unable to move yourself. You quickly turn around and rush toward a new target whom you are unable to discern in the midst of all the chaos. You unsheathe your sword and ferociously attack your new target. However, he is surprisingly agile and manages to dodge every one of your slashes and flee. Soon after you are once again in control of yourself and quickly return to your original sleeping position, frustrated, but not at all discouraged.

KevinM: This time, you and Meryl decide to act independently and as such, you head off toward your own target, Spam_master. As you maneuver quietly through the night you are able to discern the shots of Milly's stungun in the distance, which is then quickly followed by other gunshots of an indiscernible type from elsewhere. Amidst this chaos you approach your target line up, and open fire. While a few bullets seem to find their mark, they aren't enough to do significant damage it seems, for your target manages to evade the majority of your fire and escape into the night.

Mediocre: This time, you and Milly decide to act independently and as such, you head off toward your own target, Chill. You approach your target as silently as possible and steadily aim your massive stun gun. The night is silent until your shot rings into the night. You see your projectile hit Chill directly sending him flying only to subsequently land wracked with pain. Immediately after your shots are fired you here shots of an indiscernible type being fired elsewhere, as well as the Meryl's Derringer shots.

Chill: Your sleep is cut short by the painful impact of a large black, arrow-like projectile. It strikes you directly, sending you flying from which you subsequently land writhing in pain. You are not mortally wounded but are in too much pain to participate in the lynching process. You may not vote today.

Spam_master: Your sleep was interrupted by a barrage of small bullets from what you would guess to be equally small guns. You quickly attempt to make your escape but are unable to do so before a few bullet find their mark. Luckily, they aren't large enough to do any serious damage. After you successfully evaded your assailant, you drink a small bit of your regeneration formula to insure that any wounds are fully healed, so as to not reveal what happened overnight.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 4 Actions:

DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) sheilds Spam_master.

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block Riciardos.

Riciardos (Legato) orders Elendira (Ronike) to kill Chill. He also attempts to mind control camo-man and force him to use his ability on Eorlingas.

Camo-man (Rai) attempts to kill Chill.

KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock Riciardos.

Spam_master (Livio) attempts to kill Eor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results:

Spam_master fails to kill Eor.

Mediocre and KevinM are both successful in vote/roleblocking Riciardos.

Riciardos cannot switch camo-man's choice. He also is voteblocked the next day.

Camo-man and Ronike kill off Chill. (Double Kill)

Camo-man loses his power.

PM's:

Eorlingas: Your night was interrupted once again, but this time by a different foe. A swarm of bullets from what seemed to be multiple firearms sped toward you to claim you as their victim, however you miraculously dance and prance your way out of danger, unscathed as always.

Camo-man: You silently approach your target Chill, who lies sound asleep, completely defenseless. Just you are about to bring your sword down for the assassination, you hear heavy firearms erupt elsewhere. You steady your sword, hoping that your target will nto wake up. he doesn't. You again prepare to bring down your sword, when suddenly a handful of lethal red spikes/nails drive into Chill's body, seemingly out of no where. You turn to see this other assailant escape swiftly into the night. You look back to chill to find that he is not quite dead. You impulsively bring your sword down upon him, delivering the final blow. You take a closer look at your victim only to find that you had killed an innocent feline. Chill was Kuroneko-sama, town alligned. Ashamed that you reacted so cowardly to a mere animal disgusts you. You're no longer an assassin. You no-longer have a night killing ability.

KevinM: As you and Meryl approach your target, Riciardos, you hear what seems to be multiple heavy firearms erupt in the distance. You both quickly take aim and fire into your target, hoping that he would not be awakened by the distant gunfire. Your projectiles find their mark. You then hastily retreat into the night.

Mediocre: As you and Milly approach your target, Riciardos, you hear what seems to be multiple heavy firearms erupt in the distance. You both quickly take aim and fire into your target, hoping that he would not be awakened by the distant gunfire. Your projectiles find their mark. You then hastily retreat into the night.

Chill: You had one terrible night. You were impaled by red nail-like projectiles and cut to bits by a raging samurai. Tough luck, you've lost both of your lives. =/

Spam_master: Despite the incredible amount of firepower you unloaded on your target, his inhuman agility allowed him to dodge every single bullet headed his way. He danced and pranced through your ammo and made his escape into the night.

Riciardos: Just minutes after you gave your orders to Elendira (Ronike), you were assaulted unsuspectingly. Taken by surprise, you were unable to dodge the massive black arrow-like projectile the drove you into the ground, followed by quite a few tiny bullets that delivered some very painful but non fatal wounds. As a result of this brutal assault, you were unable to perform your mind control ability, and you will be unable to vote tomorrow while you recover.

Ronike: You managed to hit your designated target (Chill) successfully. Just before you made your retreat, you managed to see another assailant slowly and silently approaching your victim.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 5 Actions:

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block Ronike.

Riciardos (Legato) orders Elendira (Ronike) to kill DiamondFalcon. He also attempts to mind control KevinM and force him to use his ability on Eorlingas.

KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock Ronike.

Results:

On a heads flip, DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) protects himself successfully.

Mediocre fails to voteblock Ronike. (Dodge)

Riciardos controls KevinM who attempts to roleblock Eor and fails.

PM's:

Eorlingas: Yet again you were assailed overnight. A barrage of bullets that you discerned to have originated from a firearm no larger than a pistol came your way, but as always you deftly made your escape untouched.

KevinM: As you and Meryl approach your target, Ronike, Meryl sudden changes direction and marches off toward another target. You are about to call out to her when you realize that doing so would alert your current target. You allow her to go her own way for the time being and line up your shot on Ronike. You shoot your stun gun but your target sudden moves with inhuman agility, and breaks away into the night, unharmed.

Mediocre: As you and Milly approach your target, Ronike, you suddenly lose control of your body. While you remain conscious, you are unable to control a single muscle. You suddenly turn away from your former target and march off toward a new one. You approach the shadowy figure in the distance who would become your new target. Once in range, you open fire, however your target is incredibly agile and is able to escape your unintentional assault unscathed.

Ronike: Just before you were about to move to assault your target, you heard a fairly sizeable firearm go off. Your incredible reflexes allowed you to dodge the large projectile fired at you however, and you escaped into the night. You came upon your target, DiamondFalcon, and let fly your deadly projectiles. However, just before they made contact, your target threw up an impenetrable shield and blocked them. Knowing defeating this foe would be a long and difficult task, you decided to retreated while you still had the cover of the night.

DiamondFalcon: Aware and acute throughout the night, you were able to successfully parry an oncoming barrage of giant needle like projectiles. Your assailant however, stole into the night before you could determine whom it was.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 6 Actions:

DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) sheilds KevinM.

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block spam master.

Spam Master attempts to kill KevinM.

Riciardos (Legato) attempts to killS Spam_master. He also attempts to mind control KevinM and force him to use his ability on Eorlingas.

KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock spam master.

Results:

On a heads flip, DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) protects KevinM successfully.

Mediocre fails to voteblock spam_master. (Dodge)

Riciardos controls KevinM who attemps to roleblock Eor and fails.

Spam_master fails to kill kevinM.

PM's:

Eorlingas: Yet again you were assailed overnight. It was a larger firearm which characteristically larger projectiles, but as always you escaped untouched.

KevinM: As you and Meryl approach your target, spam master, you suddenly you suddenly lose control of your body. While you remain conscious, you are unable to control a single muscle. You turn away from your former target and march off toward a new one. You shoot your stun gun but your target sudden moves with inhuman agility, and breaks away into the night, unharmed. Immediately afterward, gunfire erupts behind you. You duck for cover and hear the sound of bullets ricocheting off of some sort of bulletproof shield. You are barely able to see the shadow of your savior as you bolt away into the night.

Mediocre: As you and Milly approach your target, spam master, Milly suddenly turns away and head off toward a new target. You decide it would be unwise to follow her and continue to search for spam master. once you found him you unloaded round upon round in his direction but not a single bullet managed to make contact, as he escaped into the night.

DiamondFalcon: You followed KevinM as she moved though the night and were able to successfully defend him from a vicious onslaught of bullets. The assailant, frustrated, took off into the night, and you returned to your resting place unscathed.

Spam master: As you were tracking down KevimM, pistol rounds erupted behind you from two different angles. You reacted just quickly enough to outmaneuver your assailants and escape. once you found KevinM, just as you began to unload round after round of ammo upon KevinM, a mysterious figure sprang out of no where to her defense. You continued to fire but this defender seemed to possess some sort of impenetrable sheild. Frustrated, and not prepared to have to fight two potential enemies, you fled into the night.

Ricardos: Upon locating spam master, you lined up your pistol and unloaded an entire clip in is direction. He somehow managed to defy your precision and evade every shot, and escape into the night.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 7 Actions:

DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) sheilds spam_master.

Mediocre (Meryl) attempts to vote block DiamondFalcon.

Results:

DiamondFalcon gets voteblocked.

PM's:

Mediocre: Milly decided to stay behind tonight, so you set off on your own. You snuck up on your target DiamondFalcon and let loose from behind him, successfully wounding him, and stole off into the night.

DiamondFalcon: Determined to protect spam master this night, you found him and positioned yourself such that you would fend off any assailant. Unfortunately, an assailant caught you off guard from behind with a very small firearm. Your wounds were not lethal but you are in severe pain and will not be able to vote tomorrow.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Night 8 Actions:

DiamondFalcon (Hoppered) sheilds himself

Spam-master kills mediocre.

Results:

Mediocre dies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so, I have a question for you guys. What is your opinion on the my questionable practice of sending out informational PM's detailing what a person involved in the night activity experience? The reason I did that because I though it would help facilitate the game and keep it moving by providing a source of outside info to kind of use to build momentum for discussion, much like the many "events" we've seen in other mafia games here. I personally don't like interrupting the basic day gameplay of mafia so I decided what better way to do it than to "realistically" (to a point) let people who would logically be aware of what was going on around them at night, know what happened to some degree.

Basically, I'd like to know if I executed this idea well. Did I reveal to much? Or not enough? Were the hints I dropped subtle enough that they didn't outright reveal anything without some piecing of things together? Any comments or criticisms about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I liked it, it helped build up cases without being overpowered against someone. It worked well

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
KevinM (Milly) attempts to roleblock Riciardos.

[...]

Camo-man and Ronike kill off Chill. (Double Kill)

[...]

Chill: You had one terrible night. You were impaled by red nail-like projectiles and cut to bits by a raging samurai. Tough luck, you've lost both of your lives. =/
****, one of the few times KevinM's night ability actually works, and it winds up causing the death of a townie. That really sucks.

Well, we won anyway. Probably would have been less tense towards the end if Chill hadn't died that night, though.

Alright so, I have a question for you guys. What is your opinion on the my questionable practice of sending out informational PM's detailing what a person involved in the night activity experience? The reason I did that because I though it would help facilitate the game and keep it moving by providing a source of outside info to kind of use to build momentum for discussion, much like the many "events" we've seen in other mafia games here. I personally don't like interrupting the basic day gameplay of mafia so I decided what better way to do it than to "realistically" (to a point) let people who would logically be aware of what was going on around them at night, know what happened to some degree.

Basically, I'd like to know if I executed this idea well. Did I reveal to much? Or not enough? Were the hints I dropped subtle enough that they didn't outright reveal anything without some piecing of things together? Any comments or criticisms about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated. ;)
I liked it too. The only thing I'd say was that it kind of sucked for people with unique weapons, because they could be identified more easily by their attacks.

It probably benefited the town more than it did the mafia, though, so it might have made the game rather unbalanced. Especially since Eor kept soaking up these mafia attacks and reporting them back to us. Of course, the mafia could have easily used it to their advantage by mind controlling a townie to attack another townie, painting them as mafia.

So, for this game it was fairly balanced. For most games, I think it would benefit the town, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, Eor was soaking up the vig's attacks (camo-man) because the mafia constantly redirected him to attacked Eor. I think Eor was only attacked by the mafia once.

I agree with what you're saying though. It most definitely benefited the town a little more than the mafia. The mafia however, get the benefit of knowing why their attacks failed. Instead of wondering if it was doc protection that stopped them, or bulletproofness, etc. the info I send to the killer could help them figure that out pretty easily.

Thanks for the input guys.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Now, I need to know one more thing! Would've it worked if I redirected KevinM's roleblocking ability to roleblock Eor's immunity and then use the mafia night kill on him? I'm pretty eager to find out :p.

Also, I wasn't even sure if camo-man was a vig. We figured that he had a nightability and I used it on Eor, hoping that it would work sometime(I had never heard of night immunity among a "normal" townie before).

**** Eor with his lies!

I should have used frozen's LAL philosophy :p

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Now, I need to know one more thing! Would've it worked if I redirected KevinM's roleblocking ability to roleblock Eor's immunity and then use the mafia night kill on him? I'm pretty eager to find out :p.
I don't think so.

KevinM and I targeted him the first night (plus KevinM was forced to target him after that), and the PMs always said that he dodged. I'd guess that means that there was no effect.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
=/ I got controlled soooooo much. It was very [happy].

You should make it so you can't retarget someone next time. >.> Or make it harder to at least.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, limit the number of uses or make it so you can't target the same person repeatedly. I used that power for Heroes Mafia (Eden), it was pretty cool, but I only gave them 2 uses. Luckily, the Mafia used it to win the game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Riciardos: No, even if someone attempted to roleblock him, it would still have no effect. His role states that he is impervious to all adverse night abilities, so anything that makes him vulnerable falls under that category.

As for putting a limit on how many time you can target someone, no, I'd never do that. That's a ridiculous request. It's called having a good strategy. I didn't tell the mafia that camo was the vig, they found out. That's an accomplishment and as such it should be rewarded. If they want to build a strategy around that why shouldn't they be able to? It's not like it was gamebreaking. It's not like the mafia didn't sacrifice anything to constantly control camo you know. By doing one person repeatedly they made it easier for everyone else to carry our their own night plans. And whats more, they actually ended up saving a few townies by redirecting camo, because in a few cases he had targeted townies that would've died.

Basically, unless in certain special cases I'm sure, I'm very much against limiting one's ability to determine how they want to use their powers.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Also, I wasn't even sure if camo-man was a vig.
What do you mean? Camo-man, you made it a bit obvious. Here is the PM I made right before I was lynched:

Jiano said:
camo-man just revealed that he has a reason to vote for me that he's keeping secret. The thing is, he already voted for me before my role claim with different reasoning.

What does this mean?

He's probably Vigilante. According to Ronike both him and ligolski are immune to NKs, so isn't that big of a threat unless Riciardos comes under suspicion. I would suggest keeping him alive in hopes of hitting townies/SK.
I wish the mafia would have discussed more. I never had any idea what people were doing with their night actions, people just did them without saying anything.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Now that this is over, Frozen, tell us who constantly delayed you

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
@ Riciardos: No, even if someone attempted to roleblock him, it would still have no effect. His role states that he is impervious to all adverse night abilities, so anything that makes him vulnerable falls under that category.

As for putting a limit on how many time you can target someone, no, I'd never do that. That's a ridiculous request. It's called having a good strategy. I didn't tell the mafia that camo was the vig, they found out. That's an accomplishment and as such it should be rewarded. If they want to build a strategy around that why shouldn't they be able to? It's not like it was gamebreaking. It's not like the mafia didn't sacrifice anything to constantly control camo you know. By doing one person repeatedly they made it easier for everyone else to carry our their own night plans. And whats more, they actually ended up saving a few townies by redirecting camo, because in a few cases he had targeted townies that would've died.

Basically, unless in certain special cases I'm sure, I'm very much against limiting one's ability to determine how they want to use their powers.
Oh ok, but would you limit the number of uses of a power, like 2-shots or whatever? I mean, it would let them make sure to use their uses wisely.

Also, the mafia didn't really save any extra townie lives because camo would have lost his power after he killed the first one.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Now that this is over, Frozen, tell us who constantly delayed you
Me, mostly, I think.

It was primarily because I wanted to confirm my night action with KevinM. I think he tended to do his night action without double checking it with me, but I always wanted to make sure.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom