• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - I don't know if you'll even consider doing this but can you make a "For Fun" Frankenstein version of this mod with Fist Ganon getting Wizard's mode down B as his Neutral, and also Wizard's mode up smash and down smash? While using the Warlock punch animation for his forward smash (darkness effect and all). Maybe fixing the aerial Wiz kick hit box and perhaps make the grab hit box lower/a bit longer, and the Jab hitbox hit lower as well.

I think it would be amazing fun having a Frankenstein of PM Ganon and your Wizard Ganon (and a few fixes to his PM moveset) + on top of that having the actual Wizard and Sword mode. I know you said there isn't much room left for new additions and animations but I figured allot of people here would be down for a bit of a revamp of PM Ganon (until the new PM version comes). Also in the first version of Wizard Ganon with the new down B it was really fun following up with Fist mode's Fair, Uair and even Up-B sometimes. I think it's a really cool idea Frankenstein-ing your mod with the PM moveset and I think it would be marvelous!

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I am actually pretty happy with that up B, mainly b/c it fits better with MageGanon(as well adding the recover everyone wanted)

Brosach

Smash Cadet
for MageGanon Neutral B I was kind of wondering if you could perhaps make Dead Man's Volley(using something along the lines of Ness's pk thunder controllable similarly to Ness's Neutral B, or like Samus's homing missles) and have a fully charge version which fires five

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Magic Mode Recommendations
Aerial Down B: Allow the player to grab the edge if they're facing it and not holding down on the control stick.
Grounded Down B: Unnecessary for his kit and way over the top. I recommend with that OOT cape animation idea. to replace it with something that isn't a mobility option. Falling animation is bugged also, should transition into his normal falling animation, instead it does this weird thing where the animation plays super slow.
Fair & Bair: Far too little endlag. There is no good reason (as far as I can see) that players should be able to SHWL these moves. I think they should auto-cancel.
Nair: Great move. I love that it's telegraphed but diffuses a lot of projectiles and has great follow-ups.

Sword Mode Recommendations
Aerial Down B: Allow the player to grab the edge if they're facing it and not holding down on the control stick. Also, Aerial Down B has a bug if you start it too close to the ground, Ganon gets frozen in the pose, holding the sword out.

Exodo

Smash Ace
this is pretty nice!! i will download it later. PMBR if you see this, give us Black Shadow with ganons moveset and give us a true Ganondorf moveset based on his sword and magic!!! (like the clone engine antiguy made says(and how it should be!!!(imo))) :ganondorfmelee::evil:!!!

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Oh, also forgot to mention that while the magic mode run speed thing is cool and it feels really good, it's way too much for Ganon.

GloriousDay

Smash Rookie
I'm still having problems with SwordGanon freezing the game. Whenever I switch to him it'll finish switching and then the game will beep freeze on me. It's not a problem with any of my other custom stages/costumes as those work fine on their own. It's a consistent freeze each time I attempt to use SwordGanon.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Really good job!
My one suggestion would be to maybe more differentiation between up tilt and up smash in magic mode.

ROFLPIZZA

Smash Rookie
I'm still having problems with SwordGanon freezing the game. Whenever I switch to him it'll finish switching and then the game will beep freeze on me. It's not a problem with any of my other custom stages/costumes as those work fine on their own. It's a consistent freeze each time I attempt to use SwordGanon.
I had the same issue at first, but then I tried removing my custom Ganon skins. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the issue. If you don't have custom Ganon skins, then try removing PM entirely and reinstalling it onto your SD (that's what I did, because I couldn't remember which Ganon skins were custom). But anyway, I'm pretty sure that's what the issue was.

ROFLPIZZA

Smash Rookie
**EDIT 2** When frozen on a platform, Ganon's sword still retains its hitbox (as in touching it results in damage and knockback like normal). In addition, he can be knocked free upon being hit himself.

**EDIT** Got confirmation from another user that the custom skins do in fact cause issues with sword mode. He did, however, mention that skins with a .pac under 1,000kb work fine.

Just to report some bugs I experienced when using your mod:

I'm pretty sure he isn't compatible with custom Ganon skins (I was using those redone, vibrant-colored ones). However, I'm not entirely sure because I just removed and reinstalled my copy of PM to fix it. In any case, it's functioning now.

When in sword mode, if you do your aerial down-B while your legs are partially through a platform, Ganon will freeze in place. I don't know if he can be knocked loose, but it doesn't crash the game. He just sits there.

That's it. If I find anything else I'll let you know. Great mod, by the way.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Tried the recent version. Got shocked about the Wisdom Double Up-B (First teleport, then spinning poisonlight).

Anyway since when we decided to put aesthetic stuff when Ashingda reaches v1.0 for Triforce Ganondorf, I've been doing other stuffs recently and did a nice effect for Magic Neutral B.

May put Nayru Love Pink Effect for Ganondorf as well (Currently on Zelda atm):

Also for Ike Burning Sword:
Download Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=20259

Last edited:

GloriousDay

Smash Rookie
I had the same issue at first, but then I tried removing my custom Ganon skins. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the issue.
This was actually the case! I did a bit of experimenting on the side with it and it looks like skins with a .pac under 1,000 kb work just fine with the psa too. Thanks for the help!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ashingda, one (or two) question.

The sword he uses (which you find it on FitGanonMotionEtc), is an article right? Can you make it as a projectile for it instead?

Since Sword Glow code you can put a GraphicID model and a sword trace at the same time, and can only be terminated with "Terminate Sword Glow" which will take the sword model away as well. There is also the Endless Sword Glow technique, which Ike has on my video "Glow Model". We can switch the Glow Model into his Sword Model while also have the Hue=7 trace.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - hey don't know how else to say it... But Sword Ganon's recovery is garbage now.
It was bad already in v0.3b but now I'm dying all the time at low % cause I can't recover. Plus there's a problem with it, It cannot be sweet spotted to the ledge I just slash though the ledge and fall to my death.

I suggest using the old sword mode recovery (the animation of the current up-smash) plus add a teleport. So 1st would be teleport (just like Wizard mode) which can be acted out from, and 2nd would be the sword slash recovery.

Edit: since sword mode is my favorite and there isn't a lot of changes from v0.3b to v0.4 I'm reverting back to 3b for now.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - since your trying to save animation space, perhaps change Sword mode N-B to the old sword mode wave of darkness? I know Sword mode shouldn't really be using magic but I figured it would save some animation slots (only a guess though...) also having some magic in sword mode would give it some needed flavor. The flame chock, wave of darkness and (if you decide to add it again) a teleport will be a nice variety to an all sword move set (with the exception of Dair and AA combo).

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - also Wizard's mode grounded Down-B is a little bit OP as of now. It's goes up really far very quickly I suggest making like Charizard's Down-B that the player has to charge in order to get maximum height. And besides making the non charged version lower can only help combos, so it would be a buff and a nerf at the same time.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've found that the second up B during magic mode is really out if place. The animation and move seems too robotic looking and it's really over powered if someone gets caught inside. Not to mention two up B's.

And i'd like to recommend using bronze greek gods old up b animation from his sword mode for yours! I thought his was a little nicer aesthetically.

Otherwise nice work!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Video:
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/opq49cjt1g4pl47/TriforceGanondorf v0.5.zip

- Sword Courage -
Special-N: (Wait,Slash) Hitbox fixed
Special-S: (Teleport,Grab) Add Horizontal Teleport

- Magic Wisdom -
Special-U: (Teleport, Magic) Vertical movment decreased on Magic

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
I'll see if I can work the Magic Down-B idea. Took me a while to respond to sword mode's recovery, I had a lot of trouble working the Side-B into a teleport. It functions ok now but still lacking a bit on aesthetics.

@ Caporai Caporai
I've tried making the sword article into a projectile with no success the sword glow only does the sword trail and not the actual model itself. If the article is used for a projectile, we wont have a detachable sword. Also tried making an article that was attachable like Didy's bananas but also no success.

Thanks to everyone who posts, you are keeping this project alive.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I will check on it tomorrow to see if I can replace the Sword Model into Aura Sphere while putting Sword Model on FitGanon.pac.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - Wow! that teleport side-B looks so fun! awesome! Gonna try it soon. But did you fix the up-b not catching ledge when sweet spotted issue. Well I'm gonna be testing soon anyway lol so I'll find out :)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
After testing I gotta say the side B (in air) teleport is awesome!!! It's makes the recovery good and provides so many awesome mix ups and follow ups. One of the best additions to the sword move set. You made it feel as if I'm playing Ganondorf straight out of TP amazing!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - Just some ideas;
I remember there was an idea for Wizard's mode side smash to be a cape "swing" but I figured you've run out of animation space. So how about using the second part of Sword mode F-smash without the sword? Possibly with an open hand instead of a closed one. Or maybe his ledge get up attack animation where he swings his hand in front of him in a swooping motion.

Obviously electric/magic effect can be added or maybe even the cape somehow? Maybe have it reflect projectiles too. And probably don't make it a too powerful KO move.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Bug found for side teleport:
When using side teleport on the ledge
(if he hangs during invisible movement, he will stay invisible since he grabbed the ledge before visible=true got called.)

If there's a code like:

If subaction != "side teleport"
-> visible=true
End If

Probably it would work, but does this "If subaction" even exist?

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I found which can be implemented on his teleport subaction (don't know if it works though) :

"If Animation Ends"
-> "visible=true"
"End If"

If that works, then his teleport won't be a problem anymore I hope. Plus the knockback thing can be implemented as well since if subaction ends, it will make him go back to visible.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
A boolean check only works for the current frame, you have to keep checking it in a loop or it won't apply. When the move changes to a ledge grab or is interrupted by turbo, it's an action change and never hits the animation end. I believe we can't easily boolean check that.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
What about Visible=true inside with electric hands subroutine? Although it ain't perfect, he doesn't need electric hands during teleport since visible=true is already there.

Last edited:

Wulfre

Smash Rookie
Time and place for everything, but not now.
3DS FC
5300-9900-6385
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but neutral B never explodes in wisdom mode. Other than that, no complaints. I have been using the sword mod for quite a while and just stumbled upon this while lurking around. Just wanted to register and ask about my problem.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but neutral B never explodes in wisdom mode. Other than that, no complaints. I have been using the sword mod for quite a while and just stumbled upon this while lurking around. Just wanted to register and ask about my problem.
Did you press A or B to detonate the shot?

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Now I feel really dumb, I even watched the video again to see if I missed something. I don't know why I didn't realize that. Thanks for the help still.
Ah np. After all we'll help you guys and also make Smash more enjoyable.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Eh, I really love this mod, but I feel it's so unbalanced. Sword Mode is okay, but Magic Mode is just insane with Ganondorf's speed and combo potential.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Some experiment, when using effects from other characters.
Problem is though that those are External Graphic Effects that doesn't get expired through normal means, so putting more of these can offset other effects. So terminate when animation ends (Anchored=true) is needed.

Every Villain Is Limegreen
E.V.I.L

Edit: I wonder if someone can put out Dormammu Model for Ganondorf (so a burning effect can be attached on his head)? Just transparent his neck, eye and back of his head.

Last edited:

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
Caporai, those effects look gorgeous! Definitely look like they're taking a toll on the game's runspeed, though.

Still enjoying the hell out of this mod, though I do wish Sword was a little... I don't know, better, I guess. It's incredibly slow and predictable for the most part - tough to get hits in when every move is easily read. Really enjoy Magic, however!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Caporai, those effects look gorgeous! Definitely look like they're taking a toll on the game's runspeed, though.

Still enjoying the hell out of this mod, though I do wish Sword was a little... I don't know, better, I guess. It's incredibly slow and predictable for the most part - tough to get hits in when every move is easily read. Really enjoy Magic, however!
The gameplay was fine but the Fraps recording made it slower, since I got many programs on at the same time. Plus, the effects last infinitely so it doesn't need Infinite Loop (otherwise more green flame effects will be produced and will offset other effects).

Sword feels fine though since he got bigger range. I'm not a great Smash Player (even though Ganondorf is my main) but eventually you can find nice combos from it. Still miss the knockup teleport though.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Caporai that is very nice, those different color glows are beautiful!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Caporai that is very nice, those different color glows are beautiful!
Glad you like it Ashingda, porting other effects feels awesome and hope for making Ganon feel more satisfying to play. Gonna try though that PtcLuigiFireball doesn't need infinite loop, since it last either "Terminate when Animation Ends = true" or "Terminate Graphic Effect".

Haven't tried putting Sword Model on FitGanon.pac yet, since Sword Model on FitGanonMotionEtc.pac still exist. If I make it texture completely transparent (so it becomes invisible), I can try put in other Sword Model on FitGanon.pac and call it on Sword Glow GraphicID.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - hey random question totally unrelated to the topic; what is your avatar picture of? Ever since the first sword mod you posted I thought it was cool and wondered what it is.

Top Bottom