• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda . If you want to learn adding GFX (with or without model) here's a good tutorial:

This goes to you as well @ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ if you wanna learn how to mod.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Caporai Caporai
Ahh thanks, very useful info. I might have to look up making the model and importing it myself.

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
Fooled around with the new update - great work, @ Ashingda Ashingda !

Only a couple things I think need tweaking. I think if you're charging neutral B in the air, it might need to come out a bit faster on landing - the lag really hurts the move's potential. Also, there's a LOT of default moves still used - most of the kill moves seem to be just standard Dorf (dair, fair, side-b for ganoncides, etc).

His recovery is hurting a bit, too, although I can't really think of a solution right now. Maybe use the sword teleport, how it only worked in air but grounded side-b was still flame choke? Not sure.

Otherwise, loving it! It's a lot more fluid when it's all one moveset.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - so did the Hyrule Warriors reveal of Ganondorf give you any ideas/inspirations?

He looks so sick in HW and the mix of Sword and magic he was displaying totally made me think of your mixed move-set Triforce mod.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
Ehh, I didn't know that existed. Checking it out now!

I think if you're charging neutral B in the air, it might need to come out a bit faster on landing - the lag really hurts the move's potential
I didn't plan for sword moves performing in the air, using Neutral-B in he air currently only serves as extra charging while staying in one spot (without running). I do see what you mean about the lag, reducing that lag a bit if charged in the for a while is a good idea though!

His recovery is hurting a bit, too
His recovery isn't much different from PM Gannondorf. It's actually a bit better. Up-B can be (turned) even half way on the going up part and the whole Up-B goes a bit higher as well. But this one does get punish more easily...

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
How strong would he be if he could cancel his up-B with air dodge?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
It would only really help his recovery. On some stages with higher platforms though, he could UpB Waveland to Grab on a read tech. That would be pretty sweet, but unnecessary.

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
Liking this update of Ganondorf but is there any way you can have the original moveset back via taunt since I sometimes have people over and they would rather use the original moveset when we play competitively.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I would actually be against replacing the elbow strike of the fsmash with the warlock punch animation, simply because as it is now it's exactly how he attacked in twilight princess, making it a canon move. perhaps see if it would work as the second hit in the A,A,A combo?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I would actually be against replacing the elbow strike of the fsmash with the warlock punch animation, simply because as it is now it's exactly how he attacked in twilight princess, making it a canon move. perhaps see if it would work as the second hit in the A,A,A combo?
He did strike with his elbow but not in the fashion he does in this mod/Brawl/PM. he was standing much more up right in TP. edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7NSxVF0N0 - if you pause at 21:29 you'll see the elbow strike animation also looks similar to Warlock Punch animation (except his arm is not fully extended duh).

But I really do think Warlock Punch looks a lot cooler and its also a unique animation to Ganondorf. He shares the elbow animation with Falcon...

Maybe a combination of the 2 animations would work? warlock punch but with an elbow.... "Warlock Elbow" lol would be cool though.

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
my answer to it would be to give Falcon back his 64 fsmash and let Ganondorf keep the elbow. until that happens (fat chance, don't wanna tick off the melee Falcon players), you could álter the animation to more closely match the one in the video

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - I've noticed that at the apex of Up-b when is fist is at it's highest it doesn't grab the ledge which should probably be fixed.

Also maybe a little bigger hitbox on the fist coming up would help a bit against edge guarding. Also maybe a little armor would hurt but that might be stretching it.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I just finished updating two of your animations. Making gifs of them now. Hopefully they'll look a bit smoother.

Do you want me to post them here or in the other conversation?

Okay well this is what I did to the Up-Tilt.

And the Up-Smash.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I made it so that the animations were a bit smoother, also since Ganon's Up-Smash is supposed to be an uppercut I closed his fist for it to make sense, and generally just fixed most of the jitteryness. I can send them to you if you want.

Is there any way to put these pics in spoilers or something? They take up so much space on here and I don't always want to clutter up the thread with my images.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. Lets use it! :D

If you want to post it here or in conversation, either is fine. Good job.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Thanks, glad you like it. I made a few more adjustments to some other moves as well. I'll send over the FitMotion file soon. Actually I could just update that link I sent you with that in it I suppose.

Edit: Okay, Ashingda if you look back at the link I sent you. All the updates are in there. DL the FitMotion and the Moveset file. There are extra graphics and sounds to go with some of the animations in there. Use them however you like. I added my new Win3 in there for you as well. Hope you like my additions.

Edit 2:Okay so Mediafire is being really slow for some reason give me a bit to get the FitMotion sorted out. I'll post when it's finished.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - for up-b how about having it a multi-hit capture type a move like it was in the first Wizard Ganon down B. Maybe that would help the recovery?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I actually like this new UpB, at low percents sometimes the rising hit actually combos into the ground pound on some characters.
It's nearly impossible to sweetspot with right now though...

I personally would prefer a little less vertical gain and a little extra horizontal movement, maybe during the descent have it be a multi hit move so you can drag them down into the ground pound. Just some suggestions.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I actually like this new UpB, at low percents sometimes the rising hit actually combos into the ground pound on some characters.
It's nearly impossible to sweetspot with right now though...

I personally would prefer a little less vertical gain and a little extra horizontal movement, maybe during the descent have it be a multi hit move so you can drag them down into the ground pound. Just some suggestions.

I agree with everything, but the little vertical gain is nice, maybe it can be kept and we still get a little more horizontal increase as well?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Okay, I finally got it uploaded. Took a while to figure out the problem. So now you can go download all the extras I made for ya. Hope you like them.

Edit: Hooray!!! I finally figured out how to put spoiler tags on stuff, so I can reduce the size of all my pics on here.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88
Awesome and thanks!

About Up-B, I was thinking of making the damage be height based. The further you fall the more damage it'll do starting at about 13 damage and caps at 25 damage. Would make double jumping off a platform into Up-B a viable option for hitting someone on the ground or something and reduce making a killing blow from a recovery.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88
Awesome and thanks!

About Up-B, I was thinking of making the damage be height based. The further you fall the more damage it'll do starting at about 13 damage and caps at 25 damage. Would make double jumping off a platform into Up-B a viable option for hitting someone on the ground or something and reduce making a killing blow from a recovery.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me, I'm having a bit of trouble downloading.
I downloaded and extracted the files.
What am I supposed to be replacing with them and in what folder might I find them?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.
Great mod, by the way. :D

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
@ Caporai Caporai Any chance of you releasing those awesome sword variants for this version of ganon? I miss the darknut sword.

Also how goes progress @ Ashingda Ashingda ? I know all of us are running out of summer freedom with school around the bend.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I love this community. I'd love you too but I have a wife.. ;)

EDIT: I also remember seeing you work on some sweet GFX for this. Are you and Ashingda ever planning on merging them?
Well, we shall see.
The sword on his back looks new to me to play with, but it would look cool when putting a darkflame on it when being used. The trace for it will be a problem though since there are other character that are borrowing that trace as well.
That time when I gave him purple trace, it did cause Ice Samus and Lucario Aura Max get purple trace. I might make beamswords color into purple so Ganondorf can use the purple beamsword trail instead.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
That's
@ Caporai Caporai

Seems like the new way his sword his held makes most of those sword swaps unplayable. I tried a few like the X blade and it was strange, but the darkness sword is usable but odd.

Here are some pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/1ToO6ov.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AzglcHf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tePAOuR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b3sEWRk.jpg

What do you think the issue is?
That's what i feared since bone placement is different, especially for the darknut sword which gets an error once checking the model in Brawlbox. @ Ashingda Ashingda might know the issue and how to deal with it.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson
@ Caporai Caporai
That is simple to fix. Open up FitGanonMotionEtc.pac in Brawlbox, locate the sword model, FitGanonEtc/ModelData[0]/3dModels(NW4R)/WpnGanonSword and preview it. From there modify the WpnGanonSwordJ01AppealLw animation and offset the SwordM bone it so it will match with this hip bone. You dont see the body but the 0,0,0 location will attatch to the hip bone.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm not sure if it's the default PM one, and if it is, just leave it, but Ganondorf's meteor on his down-air is so easy to land, I can four-stock somebody in 15 seconds.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm not sure if it's the default PM one, and if it is, just leave it, but Ganondorf's meteor on his down-air is so easy to land, I can four-stock somebody in 15 seconds.
His whole body is a meteor-hitbox for the duration of the down-air in PM. So yes it IS in PM originally :)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
His whole body is a meteor-hitbox for the duration of the down-air in PM. So yes it IS in PM originally :)
Holy ****ing crap, what? His down-air is amazing, lol.

Also, the super armor on Neutral-B is a bit overpowered. Maybe have it act like Bowser's crouch-cancel armor, where it gets weaker as he takes damage, and can usually only take weaker hits?

Imbusioux

Smash Rookie
Really like this mod, but for some reason whenever I go sword mode my game crashes... any idea why? (it happens right after the taunt would finish)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Really like this mod, but for some reason whenever I go sword mode my game crashes... any idea why? (it happens right after the taunt would finish)
Which version are you using? The newest version does not have taunt based transformations anymore. If your still using the old version it's most likely because your using the smash 3 ganondorf skin or any other large custom ganon skin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom