• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright... new thread :D

Gonna fix the sword flame and darkaura on him later (depending on situation here in sweden since its 11am here).

Hope you guys (on the otherside of the world)are gonna get a good nap.

EDIT: dat downB (drooling...)

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I have a question, does this download include the sword mode Ganondorf? I would assume so given the opening post, but the version numbers are different. Forgive me if I sound like a complete moron.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, does this download include the sword mode Ganondorf? I would assume so given the opening post, but the version numbers are different. Forgive me if I sound like a complete moron.
Yes it is still same swordganon on his d-taunt.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yes it is still same swordganon on his d-taunt.
Thank you, the only computer I have with a SD slot takes forever to turn on and I didn't want to boot up the game only to have to start up my old laptop again.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Not bad. He's lookin better and better in every update.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
It appears that i lost my electricity at home, and yesterday i took out my wisdom teeth that did cost alot for me not being able to pay the bill... so, im screwed :(

Overall it may be done tomorrow i guess.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Good looking stuff here. I think i prefer the darkness effect on his hands for magic mode.. It might look cool to have the electricity and darkness going at the same time though.

A suggestion for his down b.. What do you think of this, and is it doable. Could you/we make him float if down b is held down when the animation has ended? I think this would be a great spot to place to give him flying abilities. Like if you press down b he goes into his jumping animation, and if you keep holding b he floats and you can control him during this time. Then if you let go (or when you let go and press b again) he could go into his dive/punch ground animation.

I'll help out with the aesthetics of this. I should be able to get that done in the next week or so.

This is going in a great direction, great work as usual! If I or anyone ever figure out how to give him a real projectile, I'll be using a lot of this stuff and adapting it to another hack (or just try to collab into this one if possible)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
The version numbers are different now because this isn't just a sword mod anymore. The direction has changed from having 2 modes into 3 modes hence the title Triforce Ganondorf.

@ Caporai Caporai
Sorry to hear he bad news, times can be tough but hang in there.

I decided to switch from the darkness into electric because in some stages the darkness is just too much and may be hard to see. Just needed some way to indicate that he is in that mode.

@ BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod
I do want to add a float in there, I'll try slipping it into the Down-B while in the air as you suggested or can also put it into a holding 2nd jump.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
No problem for the darkness though. This bone=FFFFFFFE is like an attachment over his body. Gonna try to see how it looks like in different graphicID.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
@ BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod
I do want to add a float in there, I'll try slipping it into the Down-B while in the air as you suggested or can also put it into a holding 2nd jump.
I like the idea of down b being the float because it would eliminate the issue of his recovery becoming op. Making it his second jump is what i originally did in my old hack and i think that made his recovery too good.

and about the electric effect, i see what you mean. You should try adding both effects and see how that looks, i think it would be nice. Id shrink the electric effect slightly and make the darkness effect a bit bigger. Actually I'm gona end up testing that out for myself anyway so you dont have to if you dont wana waste time :p

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Looks really good nice job. If I could suggest something it would be to bring back the old spinning sword attack up B to his sword moveset and move his current sword up-B to the magic mode.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Really good stuff there Ashingda, great update! I love the new down B for magic Ganon. and i fully support the float ability (for recovery or not, its cool either way). Also the Nair "feels" a lot better and the Bair and up-smash are awesome! good stuff all around.

On a side note- I've been playing with sword mode A LOT! and its really fun using him and i really like the small tweaks in the most recent update. Only a few suggestions; the AA combo doesn't "feel right" don't know how to explain it's just off... maybe have him advance a very slightly while doing the sword swing? Or maybe forget the combo all together? What about just using the Brawl forward tilt Sparta kick animation (or the PM one, i suggested the brawl to change it up from Fist mode) with a weakened knock back to match or be slightly stronger than the PM jab?

Up-B is great fun but i truly believe a second Teleport wont be op since we lost the original down B recovery, perhaps have the second teleport just be half the original as it stand now it's a little on the short side.

also Neutral B is fun to use when it lands, but what about some armor on it? it feels a little lacking as of now.

(I've been playing with my brother's/friends who are on my level of play so my suggestions are based on that, not on playing CPU's)

I have an observation that I'm not certain was intentional or not; is Wizard mode based around OoT Ganon and Sword mode based around TP Ganon?
OoT Ganon was more of a wizard during his fight and threw a projectile and did the famous ground punch, and TP Ganon was a swordsman (he only used a projectile while possessing Zelda) and was teleporting around.

If this is the case please keep the teleport on Sword Ganon (I do like it there) and perhaps have Wizard Ganon Up -B change to a hover (like he does in OoT) for a strong horizontal recovery but a weak vertical one. Also could you have Sword Ganon teleport have the twilight teleport effect/design? Like whats above Eldin Bridge. This is probably impossible and im sure isn't a priority but it would be really cool.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Also is there any plans to change the grab animation to be used by the left hand? cause as of now sword Ganon is stabbing himself in the face lol. Also is there any plans to fix (its way to small the PMBR should fix it too) his grab range (vertical or horizontal?) If i remember correctly you explained that its a difficult process to change a grab and takes a lot of PSA slots, so it might be impossible to do on top of all these extra animation you already added. And if you do I'm sure no one would mind as this is not for competitive play.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I have an observation that I'm not certain was intentional or not; is Wizard mode based around OoT Ganon and Sword mode based around TP Ganon?
OoT Ganon was more of a wizard during his fight and threw a projectile and did the famous ground punch, and TP Ganon was a swordsman (he only used a projectile while possessing Zelda) and was teleporting around.
You are correct they are based on those design.

Having Up-B as a hover sounds interesting, I might give that a shot.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps theres a "goto subroutine"code before the main code goes. This may be the cause when it goes to to another code and not returning to the main code.

Anyway, dash dance... is it just tap left n right?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Oh, new thread!

Love this project and I hope it one day expands beyond Ganon. Thank you for making this.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Just tried this out. Something wrong here. Cant dash dance with this mod.
You are absolutely correct, thanks for pointing this out! It has been fixed, the next update will included it :D

I'm about to dig into BronzeGreekGod's old mod to use his air float animation. Also have an idea for his running (float) to be turned into the dash attack, actually his dash attack is already good! Good thing he already made these, less work for me to do LOL.

If anyone know any other Ganondorf mods that have things we can use, please point them out so we can use/steal them hahaha. I've downloaded a lot of different those mods but haven't reviewed them all and may have missed some as well. Anyways I appreciate everyone's support.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Looks like i cant put a new subroutine or edit the existed one in PSA. It somehow screw up the magic mode.

However here is some new weapons to replace Twilight Princess Sword.
Triforce Ganon v0.2 sword set

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Did you put that awesome new sword glow effect on him? I just checked it out, and it looks amazing!

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
You are absolutely correct, thanks for pointing this out! It has been fixed, the next update will included it :D

I'm about to dig into BronzeGreekGod's old mod to use his air float animation. Also have an idea for his running (float) to be turned into the dash attack, actually his dash attack is already good! Good thing he already made these, less work for me to do LOL.

If anyone know any other Ganondorf mods that have things we can use, please point them out so we can use/steal them hahaha. I've downloaded a lot of different those mods but haven't reviewed them all and may have missed some as well. Anyways I appreciate everyone's support.
Sarumawa have some cool but weird animation for both sword mode and fist mode. It's like he's making a Guilty Gear version of Super Smash Bros. (His sword version is like Sol Badguy while in fist mode he's more as a grappler)

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. This electricfist subroutine somehow stops working on magic mode as well as magic movesets puts him in frozen state (even his down-b magic crashes the game).

I only added darkflamesword subroutine in PSA and did put goto:subroutine on his waititem. Sword mode was fine but magic mode went crazy even though I didnt change anything related to it.

Question though... is there a subroutine which ganondorf uses itemdragoon as down-b on ground while d-smash is down-b on air?

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. This electricfist subroutine somehow stops working on magic mode as well as magic movesets puts him in frozen state (even his down-b magic crashes the game).
Is that my version that is crashing? I'll have to check this on the wii if that's the case.

Question though... is there a subroutine which ganondorf uses itemdragoon as down-b on ground while d-smash is down-b on air?
Yeah, not all the animation names are re-named yet and I used itemdragoon as Down-B because it works for the effect I wanted and also saves a PSA slot.

@ Caporai Caporai
I've added your sword set to the first post under download for easy access. Thanks for the hard work.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Is that my version that is crashing? I'll have to check this on the wii if that's the case.
Well here's what i did.
From my swordflame:
Darkflamesword Triforce Ganon v0.1
I borrowed the code from swordflame subroutine (0x00035f98 or simply 035f98).
Opened your v0.2, created a new subroutine to it with the borrowed code, and finally did put a code on
subaction 5 WaitItem:

If Not Bit is Set: LA-Bit[231]
Goto (new subroutine code)​
End If:

It did summon the sword flame on his stand and sword mode was fine... but his magic mode didnt show electric fist, moveset got bugged and down-b froze the game.

Somehow it looks/feels like he went into a new moveset that fails to call magic mode.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
From which one? Is it on the Triforce Ganon v0.2?
The one previous. I thought it looked amazing. It seems that you're having issues integrating it to the newest version though.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
The one previous. I thought it looked amazing. It seems that you're having issues integrating it to the newest version though.
Yeah. I dont know how to deal with the magic mode. It seems like the 229 (997 in brawlbox 0.68b) is getting malfunctioned.

Edit: oooh colors.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That's odd. Maybe he did something new with the Magic mode code that's interfering with the sword glow or something. It's weird considering it worked fine before. Hopefully Ashingda can figure it out.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
That's odd. Maybe he did something new with the Magic mode code that's interfering with the sword glow or something. It's weird considering it worked fine before. Hopefully Ashingda can figure it out.
Me thinks it has to do with the new down-b, but that's just a thought.

Gonna fiddle with darkflamesword ganon atm to see which effect makes him suitable in magic mode, plus with new effects which im gonna attach to his moveset.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Sweet! I started working on some of Ganondorf's face animations, under the Shp0 category. Just to liven him up a bit more for his new animations. I did the SpecialSword and SpecialDEnd ones, plus some of his originals as well.

Edit: Updated his Win3 animations to more closely match his CSS pose.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Updates:
I've added, BronzeGreekGod's float running animation and dash attack. Now in the process of adding his ground pound.

There was an issue with sword mode Up-B in turbo, because he deals damage after going invisible. I was thinking if the damage came before being invisible, that might solve this issue.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Is it the same link or is it on a new link?

Edit: oh nvm. It will come later.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Updates:
I've added, BronzeGreekGod's float running animation and dash attack. Now in the process of adding his ground pound.

There was an issue with sword mode Up-B in turbo, because he deals damage after going invisible. I was thinking if the damage came before being invisible, that might solve this issue.
I think the hitbox coming out before he goes invincible would only be benifit his out of shield options.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Sweet! I started working on some of Ganondorf's face animations, under the Shp0 category. Just to liven him up a bit more for his new animations. I did the SpecialSword and SpecialDEnd ones, plus some of his originals as well.

Edit: Updated his Win3 animations to more closely match his CSS pose.
That looks awesome!!!

I'm unclear though as to what it for?
Is that for a new winning animation/pose at the victory screen?
If so I should be added ASAP!

Top Bottom