• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ My avatar pic is the hero in a game that I was making. That project was to learn programming/game-design. I started this project to get some insights into hacking/modding/fighting-games. Currently have other projects going on at the same time.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ My avatar pic is the hero in a game that I was making. That project was to learn programming/game-design. I started this project to get some insights into hacking/modding/fighting-games. Currently have other projects going on at the same time.
That's really cool! You're a very talented guy. If any other of your gaming projects come into fruition, lets us know won't you?

So if that's an original character that you made whats his name? If he doesn't have one he should be dubbed "Ashingda" :estatic:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hmm, on one hand, Ganondorf would be able to use his sword and stop mooching off of Captain Falcon's moves(Wizard's Foot? Really?). On the other hand, Some of those moves are a little unruly, unnecessary, and would definitely alienate those that are used to Ganondorf's PM moveset and doesn't want it to change. Your Mileage May Vary.

Have you talk the PMBR about this? Maybe this could bring out something for V4.0.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Hmm, on one hand, Ganondorf would be able to use his sword and stop mooching off of Captain Falcon's moves(Wizard's Foot? Really?). On the other hand, Some of those moves are a little unruly, unnecessary, and would definitely alienate those that are used to Ganondorf's PM moveset and doesn't want it to change. Your Mileage May Vary.

Have you talk the PMBR about this? Maybe this could bring out something for V4.0.
Not to be a downer, but there are still some balancing issues the backroom probably wouldn't want to take on at the moment with trying to keep the existing roster balanced and (potentially) brining in any of the clone engine characters. Unless the Black shadow/new ganon gets put through, I don't see this as a focus for them unfortuantly.

As a casual player though, I love mod, and I only get minor freezing issues with a short hop nair in sword mode, but I have costumes galor and it doesn't last so no worries.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that triforce of wisdom ganondorf (magic mode) sometimes shortens his upB to go slightly horizontally with little distance. How do you do this. I can't figure it out, it almost seems random.

Also is there a way to start or to get the cpu to start in other forms than normal? Can i start in in sword form or have the cpu start in magic mode?

Wulfre

Smash Rookie
Time and place for everything, but not now.
3DS FC
5300-9900-6385
I have noticed that triforce of wisdom ganondorf (magic mode) sometimes shortens his upB to go slightly horizontally with little distance. How do you do this. I can't figure it out, it almost seems random.

Also is there a way to start or to get the cpu to start in other forms than normal? Can i start in in sword form or have the cpu start in magic mode?
Give yourself a few handicap stocks and run off the edge, ganon will do a taunt and change modes.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I just learned something new and am very excited. Will make an update soon :D :D

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on it... I keep adding and changing stuff I would like to think it's almost ready hahaha.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Fellas although I may be excited about the new changes you may not think much of it so don't set your hopes up. should be done by tomorrow if not earlier.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Can't wait to see what you come up with Ashingda. I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be great.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wyjsx2psi5wadno/TriforceGanondorf+v1.0b+Mixed.zip

It all started when BronzeGreekGod asked me a question concerning Articles so I opened up PSA to do some research. While remembering that you can attach articles to differnt limbs and realizing that you can play a specific animation onto that article a cool idea came to mind. What if his sword is always visable and attached to his hip when not in used, I spent some time tinkering with this and learned to attach his sword to his hand or his hip at will.

I started messing on a clean PSA to experiment with this new finding and sure enough it grew out of my expectations. I learned of new and more efficient ways to link combos, run different subactions through another main action using variables and pointers accessing all the event listings instead of only resorting to the main one etc. If you like more details just ask me...

Once I got rolling it was hard to stop. Made a very large improvement on the (used to be) sword Down-B and improved many other animations and hitboxes. A lot of the moves that had trouble connecting before now hits better. I remember a few people mentioning about a Frankenstein version or a mixed with all 3 moves together and decided to test that route and here is the attempt.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9yKvH_EK0&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Etc. Wait animation has two separate animations for having the sword in hand and not. Same for normal running. Sword will be attached to hip if not in hand. Grab range Increased slightly.

2. AAA "Jab combo"
Damage: 3,4,9
Has an improved PSA routine with (Punch,Punch,Kick)

3. F-Tilt "Sword Thrust"
Damage: 11~15
Animation and special effects are improved.

4. U-Tilt "Twin Magic"
Damage: Start(4), locks(1,1,1,1,1,1,1), End(4)

5. D-Tilt "Low Kick" (No Changes)
Damae: 12

6. F-Smash "Elbow & Slash"
Damage: 22,17
Press A for the optional sword attack.

7. U-Smash "Uppercut"
Damage: 22
with a few animation improvements

8. D-Smash "Spin Slash"
Damage: 8,14
has updated special effects and not much changed.

9. Dash-A "Tackle" (No Changes)
Damage: 10~15

10. N-Air "Tri Magic"
Damage: 3,3,3,6
Slight increase in range and repositioned.

11. F-Air "Skull Breaker" (No Changes)
Damage: 17

12. B-Air "Twin Magic Air"
Damage: 13
Not much changed.

13. U-Air "Flip Kick" (No Changes)
Damage: 6~13

14. D-Air "Thunder Stomp" (No Changes)

15. Special-N "Chance!"
Damage: 13~19
BIG changes. Improved animation and Effects. Charge your sword with B and release to hit. Can only strike while on ground. While charging in air you can jump out of it, else you just fall if out of jumps. You may Reverse(Turn Around) once per use. Has heavy armor (12) damage as break point, while running and at the start of striking. No more shield Damage bonus.

16. Special-S "Flame Choke" (No Changes)

17. Special-U "Meteor Fist"
Damage: 4, 5~15, 4~6
Launches up, falls down then ground impacts.

18. Special-D "Wizard Kick"
Using Vanilla animation.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wyjsx2psi5wadno/TriforceGanondorf+v1.0b+Mixed.zip

It all started when BronzeGreekGod asked me a question concerning Articles so I opened up PSA to do some research. While remembering that you can attach articles to differnt limbs and realizing that you can play a specific animation onto that article a cool idea came to mind. What if his sword is always visable and attached to his hip when not in used, I spent some time tinkering with this and learned to attach his sword to his hand or his hip at will.

I started messing on a clean PSA to experiment with this new finding and sure enough it grew out of my expectations. I learned of new and more efficient ways to link combos, run different subactions through another main action using variables and pointers accessing all the event listings instead of only resorting to the main one etc. If you like more details just ask me...

Once I got rolling it was hard to stop. Made a very large improvement on the (used to be) sword Down-B and improved many other animations and hitboxes. A lot of the moves that had trouble connecting before now hits better. I remember a few people mentioning about a Frankenstein version or a mixed with all 3 moves together and decided to test that route and here is the attempt.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9yKvH_EK0&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Etc. Wait animation has two separate animations for having the sword in hand and not. Same for normal running. Sword will be attached to hip if not in hand. Grab range Increased slightly.

2. AAA "Jab combo"
Damage: 3,4,9
Has an improved PSA routine with (Punch,Punch,Kick)

3. F-Tilt "Sword Thrust"
Damage: 11~15
Animation and special effects are improved.

4. U-Tilt "Twin Magic"
Damage: Start(4), locks(1,1,1,1,1,1,1), End(4)

5. D-Tilt "Low Kick" (No Changes)
Damae: 12

6. F-Smash "Elbow & Slash"
Damage: 22,17
Press A for the optional sword attack.

7. U-Smash "Uppercut"
with a few animation improvements

8. D-Smash "Spin Slash"
Damage: 8,14
has updated special effects and not much changed.

9. Dash-A "Tackle" (No Changes)
Damage: 10~15

10. N-Air "Tri Magic"
Damage: 3,3,3,6
Slight increase in range and repositioned.

11. F-Air "Skull Breaker" (No Changes)

12. B-Air "Twin Magic Air"
Not much changed.

13. U-Air "Flip Kick" (No Changes)
Damage: 6~13

14. D-Air "Thunder Stomp" (No Changes)

15. Special-N "Chance!"
Damage: 13~19
BIG changes. Improved animation and Effects. Charge your sword with B and release to hit. Can only strike while on ground. While charging in air you can jump out of it, else you just fall if out of jumps. You may Reverse(Turn Around) once per use. Has heavy armor (12) damage as break point, while running and at the start of striking. No more shield Damage bonus.

16. Special-S "Flame Choke" (No Changes)

17. Special-U "Meteor Fist"
Damage: 4, 5~15, 4~6
Launches up, falls down then ground impacts.

18. Special-D "Wizard Kick"
Using Vanilla animation.
You've outdone yourself. By making it a mixed play style you've final made him that much closer to being used more universally. And man that Neautral B...That's a thing of dreams.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda

I can't wait to try this out later. This looks so good. all the modes combined looks amazing!!!! And you increased the grab range! Slight increase or not even a little bit would help.

One thing though (super nit-picky...) I would use the PM animation of Wizard Kick. The Vanilla/Brawl one is the same for C. Flacon. So I would change it back to PM animation just for originality sake.

EDIT: actually... If possible; You should use the down b animation of old sword Ganondorf mod. Just have it with-out the sword in his hand and perhaps have his palm open (like M. Bison's move) it would be totally unique and function pretty much the same. And I loved the animation, seeing it brought back (albeit different) would be really cool!

Also:
As much as I love his Up-air, I love your wizard's mode Up-air much much more. Maybe have that in here too?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Wow Ashingda, nice job on this! I'll definitely check him out.

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_

Ganon's vanilla wiz kick isn't the same animation C. Falcon uses. It's a little different, always has been. It's a slight difference but still a noticeable one. I'm fine with the way it looks. But I may just port my version of the animation over it anyway. I like the changes I made to it.

I'll see if I can get you some feedback on these changes for ya.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love his Up-air, I love your wizard's mode Up-air much much more. Maybe have that in here too?
You know I had originally planned to have the U-Air from wizard mode but U-Smash is now an uppercut and to have an air uppercut as well didn't set right at the time. I'll ponder on this some more.

@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88
What modification did you do with the wiz kick?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I just changed the positioning of his arms really. I used the vanilla one as a base, because to me, the Melee version looks derpy for some reason. It doesn't look like it's a powerful speedy kick. I'll see about uploading a gif to show you.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I really want to change the item hand to the left-hand and change the item attacks. Currently solving this item issue with him just dropping a held item when doing moves that requires the sword in the right-hand such as D-Smash and Neutral-B. I'm not sure how this can even be done right now.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Well so far you're ahead of me when it comes to PSAing characters. Like way ahead of me, so I wouldn't really know what to tell you about that.

Edit: Okay the gif is encoding. I'll post it soon.

Alrighty, here's what I did. Just tell me if you can see it clearly enough.

Last edited:

McMarth

Smash Cadet
@ Ashingda Ashingda
Fantastic! I love this Frankenstein version! He has a great move-set and the sword always being visible is super cool.
Plus these touched up animations are impressive. Well done.
I've tested him out a bit and this is my favorite incarnation of Ganon yet. You've outdone yourself. :)

Having said that, I do miss sword mode's rad aerial side b teleport a bit... But then maybe he'd be too good.

Also, and this is a little thing, maybe his wait animation (used for the last triforce ganon's magic transformation) could keep the cool magic effect it had on his hands (for the duration of the animation only). idk.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You know I had originally planned to have the U-Air from wizard mode but U-Smash is now an uppercut and to have an air uppercut as well didn't set right at the time. I'll ponder on this some more.
Well besides a personal preference on my end, I'm trying to think of this from a design point of view.
If I had to pick a move for an original canon Ganondorf would I choose his Melee/brawl Up-air animation? OR would I choose the magic open palm uppercut unique to him?

Would I choose Wizard Kick animation for his down B or use the "Psycho Cutter"(/"Wizard Palm"?) animation you created?

I think it's a no brainer really.

Also all of his kick moves (except Sparta kick and down tilt) just all look too flexible to be believable when Ganon does it (maybe Up-air but it's a stretch...). It takes me out of the character when I use them, and reminds me of that Ganon is a clone.

Still it all looks amazing and I can't wait to play it!!!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Also, and this is a little thing, maybe his wait animation (used for the last triforce ganon's magic transformation) could keep the cool magic effect it had on his hands (for the duration of the animation only). idk.
That is a really good idea, after using one of the magic attacks the magic effects lingers on his hands for a short while.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll give it a whirl.

@ Heavy D88 Heavy D88
That's very nice may I have that? Want to use it.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
That is a really good idea, after using one of the magic attacks the magic effects lingers on his hands for a short while.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll give it a whirl.
It's only suggestions :)
Whatever your vision is I trust it.

But if the "Psycho Cutter/Wizard Palm" idea works out, maybe have that only for the grounded version? in the air it would still be same old Wizard Kick. With maybe a fixed hit-box that covers the whole foot and doesn't end at the knee :upsidedown:

Also having a "Wizard palm" grounded and "Wizard kick" in the air would be really cool and would be a nice variety for the move set.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
My only feedback so far is that UpB wouldn't hit opponents when recovering below the stage on some occasions (don't exactly know why yet) and Bair should only stop your momentum once or twice per air time. Recovering with him right now feels stupidly easy.

This is by far my favorite incarnation yet, and the new uppercutting DACUS is pretty nice. Not to mention he can finally jab reset, and with his godly flame choke still intact, this makes for some extremely dangerous and damaging mixups.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
"Psycho Cutter/Wizard Palm"
I'll see what I can work up with that.

Bair should only stop your momentum once or twice per air time
Very good idea, can easily be done!

This is much easier than multiple modes, I actually got some resource to spend with. Making a 2~3 or even 6 part animation and PSA slot for a single move is more viable. I didn't stress enough the amount of time spent on the new Neutral-B. It was nearly half the time and energy on this entire update.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda (or anyone else that might know) is it possible to add his sheath from TP to his hip? An when the sword isn't used be covered by the sheath?

Seems improbable. But I'm really curious...

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Also I'm loving th mixed mod so much fun. Except what was already mentioned it's really amazing. And like someone else said the Up-b some times doesn't hit opponents properly from below or from above.

EDIT: One more thing, Nair should capture better and should have more knockback at the end. Make it more .like Mew2's Nair.

And I like that both the elbow Fsmash and the sword Fsmash KO but they should send the oppenent in a more horizontal direction.

And maybe have Up-b the same trajectory of PM Up-b. I could be wrong but it feels like it has less horizontal upwards movement.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ashingda (or anyone else that might know) is it possible to add his sheath from TP to his hip? An when the sword isn't used be covered by the sheath?

It can be on FitGanon.pac or to a model FitGanon0X.pac (similar as Assassin Link), but that's my guess.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

You would need the model from Twilight Princess in order to do that. Smash Bros. Ganon doesn't have the sheath.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You would need the model from Twilight Princess in order to do that. Smash Bros. Ganon doesn't have the sheath.
But it's possible... So my curiosity is gone.

It would be really cool if there was a model for it. I don't have any skills In Modding so I'm useless :( lol

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Yeah, I'm sure it is possible. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do it though. Oh well, I'm not a modeler either so I'm no good where that's concerned.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - couple of last suggestions (for now); since i love how Warlock Punch looked so much but never got to see it cause of the uselessness of the move. How about using the animation with the darkness effect for the first part of the Fsmash? Its unique to Ganon and looks a hell of a lot more awesome than the elbow.

Also did you consider using sword mode Nair for the mixed moveset Nair? I do like the wizard mode Nair a lot (and I'm sure ill like it more as you continue to tweak and improve it) but it would be nice to have an aerial sword attack mixed in as well and that would be the best one to use.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
couple of last suggestions (for now); since i love how Warlock Punch looked so much but never got to see it cause of the uselessness of the move. How about using the animation with the darkness effect for the first part of the Fsmash? Its unique to Ganon and looks a hell of a lot more awesome than the elbow.
Damn I like that! Make that animation useful HAHA

I've decided there will be no sword aerials. Even Neutral-B can only perform the strike on the ground. I first had it working like Marth's where you can release in the air too, but ended up trashing it!

For now I'll be using Heavy D88's Down-B, been thinking all day on re-animating that all together. The same move, but just looks very different.

-Edit-
About adding the sheath, we can do that just need a model to import it.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Damn I like that! Make that animation useful HAHA

I've decided there will be no sword aerials. Even Neutral-B can only perform the strike on the ground. I first had it working like Marth's where you can release in the air too, but ended up trashing it!

For now I'll be using Heavy D88's Down-B, been thinking all day on re-animating that all together. The same move, but just looks very different.

-Edit-
About adding the sheath, we can do that just need a model to import it.
Good :)

and I'm totally cool with no sword aerials, I like that actually makes the opponent fear Ganon when his on the ground cause only there he can pull out his sword :demon:

I'll search around the net for a model. or perhaps someone knows of a good modeler in our community?

Top Bottom