• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That looks awesome!!!

I'm unclear though as to what it for?
Is that for a new winning animation/pose at the victory screen?
If so I should be added ASAP!
Its for his Win3 and Win3Wait animations. It goes over the one where he laughs maniacally. Thanks though glad you like it. I'll send it to Ashingda if he wants to use it. Hopefully he does. I think it fits him well.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Didn't mean to double post.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda I have a few ideas for Wizard mode if your interested. I'll try and describe them as best as possible;

- Fair should be mainly the same but with less power and a bigger hitbox with the magic effect you've been using for his Nair etc. also you can change the animation slightly to be an open palm strike instead of a fist.
- Up smash is great but I think a little extra range on top and some more coverage in front of Ganon would make it a lot more useful.
- down smash could be like Mewtwo's but from both sides at the same time and use the the magic effect.
- forward smash is tricky to think up somthing, my idea was to use a variation of his ideal wait animation, the one he makes a wide arch with his hands over his head. It won't be a strong KO move but would trap the opponent in the magic effect causing lots of damage.
-up air can be a variation of Zelda's up air or even her up tilt.

That's all I got hope it gave you some good ideas.

Also down B is awesome in wizard mode. I love using it like Mew2's Nair. If you jump below some one or onto someone it acts very similarly.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Awesome thanks!

I like the idea for F-Air.
I had a lighting effect on U-Smash at first, have been thinking of putting it back.
That might work out well, I'm swapping the Down-B(air) to BronzeGreekGod's old one so this current one will be put into D-Smash with your idea.
Been planning to use his Up-B as the U-Air, will see how it works out.

Currently cleaning out BronzeGreekGod's animations and reducing it's size. Starting to reach the crash limit.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Added Nayrus love crystal on his U-taunt
(you're a wizard ganny.)

Too bad I can't edit the color somehow to pink (like how he entrapped zelda in OoT) due to the model n texture for it is grey. How it turns into blue in game is still unknown to me.

Note though im still using v0.1 for effect purpose, so his filesize got 36kb bigger when added zelda nayru love.

(original it was 300 kb but i added both Ikes eruption and zelda crystal which got the size into 376kb. I think the limit is 540kb)

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Awesome thanks!

I like the idea for F-Air.
I had a lighting effect on U-Smash at first, have been thinking of putting it back.
That might work out well, I'm swapping the Down-B(air) to BronzeGreekGod's old one so this current one will be put into D-Smash with your idea.
Been planning to use his Up-B as the U-Air, will see how it works out.

Currently cleaning out BronzeGreekGod's animations and reducing it's size. Starting to reach the crash limit.
Cool!

And Up B for Uair? The whole thing or just the hitbox at the end?

If it's just the hitbox with maybe some added range would be pretty awesome!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda, I just want to reiterate how much I love the wizard mode down B. It's amazing! It gives Ganon great air mobility while grounded and if I just jump and use it in air I can combo things into it and than follow up with the grounded version to deliver a final blow while the opponent is in the air. It's great!

If I had any say in the matter I would tell the PMBR to use Wizard's Ganon down B and use that to replace warlock punch for Ganondorf. It would be glorious!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
One more thing; in Sword mode the side smash doesn't connect too well. Often the opponent can grab me while I execute the second attack I think it should come out more instantly as I press A.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ashingda, I just want to reiterate how much I love the wizard mode down B. It's amazing! It gives Ganon great air mobility while grounded and if I just jump and use it in air I can combo things into it and than follow up with the grounded version to deliver a final blow while the opponent is in the air. It's great!

If I had any say in the matter I would tell the PMBR to use Wizard's Ganon down B and use that to replace warlock punch for Ganondorf. It would be glorious!
Quiet hilarious when fighting against Giga Bowser though.
(Try play with 5 stock against lvl9 Giga Bowser with 30 stock, with no timer to see how far you can survive or win if you can. Magic Mode is really effective on him.)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Quiet hilarious when fighting against Giga Bowser though.
(Try play with 5 stock against lvl9 Giga Bowser with 30 stock, with no timer to see how far you can survive or win if you can. Magic Mode is really effective on him.)
Yeah your right...

actually... Ashingda you should add a little more end lag to the aerial version of down B just so its not as "spam-able". It's a great move though I love it

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Added some elements for the taunt and the mode:

Note... this is on his Triforce Ganon v0.1, not on v0.2.

Last edited:

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
Those screenshots are amazing! Is the dark aura effect on the sword constant?

Also, I couldn't help but notice something on the OP.

Up-Taunt: Magic (Wisdom) This has the greatest range and air mobility, the air game is strong but lacks on the ground. This mode is still incomplete
Does that suggest that Power and Courage are no longer being developed/changed?

Props all around for this mod.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman

Also, I couldn't help but notice something on the OP.

Does that suggest that Power and Courage are no longer being developed/changed?

Props all around for this mod.
Power will remain unchanged (for Project M original version)
Courage will be adjusted later, since the balance haven't been fixed yet.
But for now Ashingda is working on Magic Mode for new different moves.

As for the effects i did pull, it hasn't been added on the latest version.(somehow it gets bugged when putting the Darkflame Sword and Dark Aura.)
If you wanna seee how it looks, I will put up a link for it along with Dark Master Sword.¨

And here it is
"Dark Element Triforce Ganondorf v0.1"

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Beware though if there are more Ganondorf in game(like one is on Magic Mode while the other one is on Sword Mode), some of the effects disappears from him. that's one of the bug since I guess many effects cant be in at the same time.

Last edited:

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
Yes. Beware though if there are more Ganondorf in game(like one is on Magic Mode while the other one is on Sword Mode), some of the effects disappears from him. that's one of the bug since I guess many effects cant be in at the same time.
Duly noted. Thanks for the heads up!

I have noticed that, while playing Courage Ganondorf, his Down Special move in the air shoots the target upwards instead of spiking them. Considering the trajectory of the sword falling in a guillotine fashion, wouldn't it make more sense for the move to spike opponents? It would certainly make him much deadlier. However, you did say that Ashingda is putting greater focus on Wisdom Ganondorf...

Here are my suggestions for Wisdom Ganondorf. I fully understand that these modifications take time and actual work while people like me simply dream up ideas. I am very appreciative of your work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jVR03bMe0TA#t=113
This youtube link shows a dark wave that stuns Link in electricity. I imagine the stun wave similar to Mewtwo's Down Special.

In my humble opinion, I feel that Ganondorf's U-Tilt needs something added to truly make it useful. BronzeGreekGod had included a mechanic into the U-Tilt that pulls opponents into the stomp which makes up for the lack of range. Adding a stun to the beginning frames of the attack, instead of pulling them in, might give the move a deadly edge that agrees with the source game.

If you don't want to alter the U-Tilt, another possibility for the stun could be included in Ganondorf's D-Tilt. He shoots his leg forward and low and the stun wave could be shot out at the ends. Perhaps give it a limited range, like the electricity already included in Magic Ganondorf's N-Air, but with a short stun capability. This would allow follow-up attacks like the U-Tilt or a quick D-Air from a skilled Ganondorf user, but would not allow longer (and stronger) attacks like the Neutral Special.

In any case, I feel that the dark wave with a stun mechanic has a lot of potential in Magic Ganondorf's moveset.

Also, I think that Ganondorf should levitate like Peach does. However, I think that he should have greater range and ease of movement vertically rather than horizontally, as Peach does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh1g9B_eBY&feature=player_detailpage#t=269
Maybe Ganondorf's Neutral Special could allow for a charge as well as (relatively) quick bursts of energy? Give it greater strength when charged up and, perhaps, give it an aesthetic effect similar to Mario's Final Smash attack? Although obviously not as big or strong.

Anyway, hope I didn't make an especially huge post. These are just some ideas floating around in my head for you to consider or throw away, all the same.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'd say its an unofficial team effort. Ashingda is still mainly doing everything himself.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hmm Ashingda. since now I did put Nayru's Love (So far it's on U-taunt but can be implemented on other moves as well), Ganondorf can use "DSmash on SwordMode" animation for Magic Mode D-Smash since he's still using DSmashHold in Magic Mode as well. (Just add the Nayru's Love effect and it looks like a new move.)

If u wanna learn to put in effect models and how to call it in PSA, here's a guide KJP showed me:

Nebulon's GFX Porting tutorial

I further learn how to play with the sword trace/trail and Kitsu-chan confirmed how it worked.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I have noticed that, while playing Courage Ganondorf, his Down Special move in the air shoots the target upwards instead of spiking them. Considering the trajectory of the sword falling in a guillotine fashion, wouldn't it make more sense for the move to spike opponents?
I changed it to an upward trajectory to be less OP.

Is all of this a team effort?
Well it's been partially an open team effort from the start. Although I make the changes it's greatly influenced by the opinions on this thread.

@ Caporai Caporai
I really like that dark shaded sword trail, want to add that!
Great Job on the taunts also, might try to add that too.
I might pass on the Nayru's Love because I feel it's not generic enough an effect to share with other characters.

Edit- The full effects on the magic mode is a bit much, I'm getting frame rates issues as it becomes quite slow.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Edit- The full effects on the magic mode is a bit much, I'm getting frame rates issues as it becomes quite slow.
Very well, this is just a test though, so it's better to remove the dark aura and just stick to poison-light(61 on fist) and electricity(13 on elbows). I will check on more stuff to experiment.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Here's a video for the effects, no sound though since Dolphin screws with the audio (gets desynched and it's quite noisy for my ears to bear.)

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
@ Caporai Caporai
I really like that dark shaded sword trail, want to add that!
Great Job on the taunts also, might try to add that too.
I might pass on the Nayru's Love because I feel it's not generic enough an effect to share with other characters.

I'm not getting any lag from it. I'm even using the Smash 3 Ganon right now. Still no problems. Even on a 4 player match, no framerate issues.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Here's a video for the effects, no sound though since Dolphin screws with the audio (gets desynched and it's quite noisy for my ears to bear.)
Dude, that is freaking sick! I hope all those effects make it into the next release. I've been following this mod for quite a while, just wanted to say that it gets better every new update. I only have a question about v0.2, why did you remove the old wizard mode D-smash? I thought it was pretty cool. Also, I personally think that the current sword mode Up-B fits better for the wizard, and the sword's v2.3 Up-B should return. Anyways, that might be just me xD Everything else is amazing, keep up the good work guys!

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Dude, that is freaking sick! I hope all those effects make it into the next release. I've been following this mod for quite a while, just wanted to say that it gets better every new update. I only have a question about v0.2, why did you remove the old wizard mode D-smash? I thought it was pretty cool. Also, I personally think that the current sword mode Up-B fits better for the wizard, and the sword's v2.3 Up-B should return. Anyways, that might be just me xD Everything else is amazing, keep up the good work guys!
Although the teleport "fits" the magic mode. Ashingda said Sword mode is based on TP Ganondorf which teleports, and Wizard mode is based on OoT Ganondorf which doesn't teleport. But from my understanding he is going to add a float to Ganon's Up B for a better recovery and to match the OoT theme.

Also I believe a different version of the former Down smash will return.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Although the teleport "fits" the magic mode. Ashingda said Sword mode is based on TP Ganondorf which teleports, and Wizard mode is based on OoT Ganondorf which doesn't teleport. But from my understanding he is going to add a float to Ganon's Up B for a better recovery and to match the OoT theme.

Also I believe a different version of the former Down smash will return.
Oh, I see. Well it's cool that Ashingda wants to be loyal to the movesets based on Ganondorfs from different games, I guess it makes more sense. Will look forward for that D-smash lol.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Hey is there a way to enter the battlefield with one of the forms already active, like how you can enter as shiek instead of zelda in vbrawl/melee?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda, after a lot of play time with both modes (against people btw) I have a few comments/suggestions;

Sword Ganon: supposed to have great ground game but so-so air game.

Down B is good but needs some sort of Armor, against a good player with a character like Diddy Kong or Lucas the move is almost useless unless I somehow catch them while they are recovering. Also aerial Down B should have a bigger hitbox perhaps a shock wave below Ganon when it hits the ground.

Aerials are fine but Bair should come out a little quicker and Nair should have more "push" when it hits otherwise fast characters get right back in your face.

I'm sorry to say but Neutral B is just bad... The hitbox is weird and it come out waaaaay to slow, it's useless in 1v1 and even free for all! Perhaps a one-spin "spin attack" that has a magic wave to it that can be charged (sorta like Link's in Brawl but weaker with more range). Or maybe counter? In TP he would often counter Link as he attacks him. I would hate to copy Marth, Ike or Roy but it fits.

I said this before but I do so again; Forward Smash doesn't link well at all. Even if I catch/hit my oppenent with the first hit he is able to block the second and maybe even grab me out if shield. There should be alot more hit stun for the first hit, also the second hit should be stronger.

The AA combo often misses and also comes out a bit to slow and is hard to punish with it. It often misses the oppenent even if they are right on top of me. Maybe quick start up on both attacks and a "fatter" hitbox would fix it.

Other wise Sword Ganon is ace.

Wizard Ganon; supposed to have great air game so-so ground game.

I love the new Down B it's great! It allows grat air mobility and follow ups and the aerial version provides great ground control as well.

Nair is good but should have a larger/fatter hitbox, even short hoped Nairs miss small targets (Kirby, Lucas etc) often.

Neutral B is good but I can't help but think a chraged stored version of it with no "direct activation needed" (pressing A to hit with it) would be better. But it's good either way.

Can't wait to see the rest of this moveset! It really fun to use even now when it's not complete.

Also Sorry for the wall of text, I hope my testing/observations help.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Also; maybe use the warlock punch animation for the first hit of forward smash instead of the elbow, cause as of now the sword it clipping with Ganon's face as he is doing the move.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
Awesome feedback! I do agree with most of what you mentioned. I got time this weekend, expect some changes :D

Hey is there a way to enter the battlefield with one of the forms already active, like how you can enter as shiek instead of zelda in vbrawl/melee?
It's going to be a forced start with the normal mode.

Last edited:

Naszagul

Smash Rookie
Where can i get the most recent Download/Latest Build for this mod? Does the first post get updated alongside the mod?

Thank you,

Nasz

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
Awesome feedback! I do agree with most of what you mentioned. I got time this weekend, expect some changes :D.
I'm so glad my imput is useful :) I truley love this mod and it's the best thing about PM for me (even though it's not offical, I just love Ganondorf's character that much!).

My freinds and bothers love this mod because we all wanted a canon Ganondorf for ages but they also "hate" it cause they have to deal with my Ganondorf at his "full power" ;) lol.

I apreciate everything your doing Ashingda. And I hope my further testing with my fellow smashers would prove useful.

Also another idea for Sword mode Neutral B (not mine I read it in the past in the PM Ganondorf forums).

Somthing like Lucas' B, Ganon charges the Triforce of power and it powers up his next attack. Any attack, or just a smash etc. Or the charge adds layers of armor and the more you charge the B the more armor you get for a longer duration.
Either of These ideas would allow Ganon do not be camped as easily by members of the cast with projectiles cause if they camp too much Ganon would receive a nice buff.

Last edited:

Enophi

Smash Rookie
@Ashingda

Hi guys, I really need some help.

I have no idea how to install this mod with my version of PM. In my folder, there are 2 WBFS files, each 3-4gb in size. There are no other folders.

Any help installing this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@Ashingda

Hi guys, I really need some help.

I have no idea how to install this mod with my version of PM. In my folder, there are 2 WBFS files, each 3-4gb in size. There are no other folders.

Any help installing this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
That's weird....? I don't know how to help... Maybe just download PM again so you have all the folders?

Top Bottom