• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

Enophi

Smash Rookie
That's weird....? I don't know how to help... Maybe just download PM again so you have all the folders?
Thanks for the quick response! :)

Unfortunately, I'm almost out of bandwidth, and I'd have to get both PM and Smash Bros again. Even If I could download PM again, I really can't be bothered going through the tedious process of making it work with Dolphin. My version was pre-made so I wouldn't have to go through it.

Is there no way I can work with these WBFS files?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Thanks for the quick response! :)

Unfortunately, I'm almost out of bandwidth, and I'd have to get both PM and Smash Bros again. Even If I could download PM again, I really can't be bothered going through the tedious process of making it work with Dolphin. My version was pre-made so I wouldn't have to go through it.

Is there no way I can work with these WBFS files?
I really dont know sorry :\

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ E Enophi
I'm not familiar with WBFS files but they seem to be some sort of Image format. To install, navigate on the SD card to "projectm/pf/fighter/ganon" and replace the two files. FitGanon.pac and FitGanonMotionEtc.pac with the download.

Also:
1. Are the WBFS files on your SD card, or on your SD image?
2. What OS are you using, not sure if it'd matter.
3. Do you have the ProjectM zip, try extracting it again?
4. Are you planning to play on Wii or Dolphin?

Last edited:

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
In regards to having the mod always start you with the power stance I noticed the other day that when I fought a computer using Ganondorf and he managed to switch to sword mode during it, when I started the next match against him he started in sword mode like it was remembering it being like that before. I haven't tried to replicate it but when I saw that brought up I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Well, in his Entry animation a code can put him into a stance.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
one thing I noticed is that you don't have names for the new moves. I was thinking Twilight Slash for sword mode's neutral B, Execution for sword mode's down B, Phantom Warp for sword's up B, Magic Bolt for magic mode's neutral B, and Wizard's Flight for magic's up B

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not good with names so I just ignore it.

Had wanted to post an update but there was some issues I'm trying to work on. The animation size has reached the limit again and I'll have to dig in and reduce some key frames so to add a few more attacks.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
this makes ganon look bad +++ XD
Dont worry, most the keys I remove aren't really seen such as the fingers.

Got a large update soon, cant make vid yet because of work next morning. A bit more things to cover this time so vid is going to be longer than usual to make.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
How much filesize is left for your latest FitGanonMotionEtc.pac before it reaches the limit? (just to be sure so the sword model swap doesn't break the filesize limit.)

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
could you make the sword play part more swordplayish?
Sure, what are your suggestions? If you got a good idea I'll try to make it work.

How much filesize is left for your latest FitGanonMotionEtc.pac before it reaches the limit? (just to be sure so the sword model swap doesn't break the filesize limit.)
It's right at the brink of freezing. I believe the sword model might be smaller than vanilla, if it is then this shouldn't be a problem.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aw28h2ibcxhh4j3/TriforceGanondorf+v0.3.zip
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeM6DsrjDtY&feature=youtu.be

Update:
-- Fist Power --
Unchanged.

-- Sword Courage --
Movement: (Ground) Runs with sword
AA: (Kick,Slash) Vanila Kick Animation, Sword Damage+
F-Tilt: (Thrust) FrameSpeed+
U-Tilt: (Slash)
D-Tilt: (Kick) Damage-
F-Smash: (Elbow,Slash) Damage-, Elbow deals shield damage, Elbow trajectory up
U-Smash: (Slash) Damage-
D-Smash: (Slash,Slash) Damage-
Dash-A: (Slash)
N-Air: (Slash) Knockback+, Trajectory+
F-Air: (Slash) Damage-
B-Air: (Slash) Damage-
U-Air: (Slash) Damage-
D-Air: (Kick) Damage-
Special-N: (Wait,Slash) Wait moves forward, Slash is controllable, Trajectory lowered
Special-F: (Grab)
Special-U: (Teleport,Teleport) No more damage, 1st is vertical only, 2nd is horizontal only.
Special-D: (Run,Slash) Damage-, Light Armor at startup, Jump out of run
Special-D Air: (Fall,Slash) Damage-, KnockBack+

-- Magic Wisdom --
Movement: (Float) Running will floats over floor projectiles, Speed+
AA: (Magic,Magic) Damage-, Range-
F-Tilt: (Magic) Damage-
U-Tilt: (Magic) New
D-Tilt: (Kick) Damage-
F-Smash: (Elbow)
U-Smash: (Uppercut) KnockBack+
D-Smash: (GroundPound) Damage+, Trajectory Changed
Dash-A: (Magic) New
N-Air: (Magic) New
F-Air: (Magic) Was previously N-Air, Damage-
B-Air: (Magic) Damage-, New Effect
U-Air: (Uppercut) New
D-Air: (Kick) Damage-
Special-N: (Magic) Damage-, Trajectory Changed
Special-F: (Grab)
Special-U: (Magic) New, Uses taunt animation
Special-D: (Jump) Damage-
Special-D Air: (Fall,Fist) Damage-, Animation Changed

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Caporai Caporai
Once this starts hitting the v1.0 mark, I'll be digging into adding some of your changes. I've just been more focused on the moveset and not much on the aesthetic side yet. Still have to work up the magic F-Smash and adjust some of the animations, such as the sword Dash-A and such. Might also want a new F-Tilt or change up the 2nd hit of AA.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I tried to use lucario/mewtwo sphere but with a yellow cloud texture. Apparently the texture didn't show up and made it hollow inside, so i added superscope shot model as well. (Problem would be framerate issue in Dolphin + Fraps, but I think it wont cause any trouble in Wii.)

Edit: dat N-air and Up-B. So beautiful with the poisonlight + electric effect rotation.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
dat N-air and Up-B. So beautiful with the poisonlight + electric effect rotation.
Thanks, surprisingly that effect took less time total then just trying to get him to float correctly in the air.

If we use Ganondorf model on Lucario and get the projectile, is there a way to also import the twilight sword?

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
could you make the sword play part more swordplayish?
what i mean is like swordplay more like a mix with all the other swordplay character

[ edit ]
nevermind i overlooked the newer version

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
If we use Ganondorf model on Lucario and get the projectile, is there a way to also import the twilight sword?
That would work i guess. Gonna export both ModelData + TextureData from FitGanonMotionEtc.pac and import it to FitLucario.pac . This will make it as a External Graphic Effect 1500XX in PSA with anchored=false and can be terminated with Terminate Graphic Effect 1500XX.

Edit: oops 15 is ganon external files, I think Lucario was 22 i guess.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Wow Ashingda.... All those animation and effects look sooooo beautiful! You really out did your self this time around. Gonna download soon and play test :)

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
It seems the rotating magic effect is appealing :D. These are inspired by the A Link to the Past https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oxVYYMQAE

- Just now I've notice a bug on sword Neutral-B, the hitbox doesn't hit half way in the strike. It's now more controllable but if it doesn't hit, it's still useless. (Fixed)
- Seems some animations doesn't translate well back into the Wait animation, will fix it later.
- Magic moveset still need lots and lots of tweaks let me here what you think.

Edit
- Sword Down-B, light armor is ineffective. (Added another to the start of the striking phase also)

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Okay so first and foremost, 0.3 is the best version by far. No complaints about any of the new moves, they're all great :D

I only noticed that with sword's up-tilt, the gfx of vPM up-tilt still shows (electricity on his leg and the effect of the stomp on the ground). Also, I dunno if that was intentional, but, the d-tilt on both magic and sword modes doesn't work like fist mode's. Fist mode's sends the opponents upwards and helps to start combos, but it just kinda hits them with very little knockback on the other modes.

Those things aside, this is looking better and better! I've tested it playing with CPUs so far, and it didn't feel OP at all. I think it has good combo potential, too. The sword mode also seems more balanced now :D

I also got a suggestion for magic mode's f-smash; what about an attack with his cape? Sorta like a swing similar to what he does in OoT when you finally meet him at his castle. It could have decent knockback since his d-smash doesn't really help as a killer, and if possible, it'd be cool if it could reflect projectiles, just like Ness' bat can.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
It seems the rotating magic effect is appealing :D. These are inspired by the A Link to the Past https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oxVYYMQAE

- Just now I've notice a bug on sword Neutral-B, the hitbox doesn't hit half way in the strike. It's now more controllable but if it doesn't hit, it's still useless. (Fixed)
- Seems some animations doesn't translate well back into the Wait animation, will fix it later.
- Magic moveset still need lots and lots of tweaks let me here what you think.

Edit
- Sword Down-B, light armor is ineffective. (Added another to the start of the striking phase also)
When you say you fixed those things should I re-download v0.3? Or that's gonna be in 0.4?

(Testing against human and CPU)

I was gonna mention the sword N-b thing. So good you caught that.

this might've been intentional but although you gave the second teleport more range and you nerfed the first teleport it only made the recovery worse. I understand taking away the hitbox but even if the hitbox was there and the Up-b first teleport was the same as v0.2 it wouldn't be OP. Short version I suggest have the first teleport the same as 0.2 while keeping the second teleport like 0.3. hitbox doesn't really matter imo.

Also magic mode is awesome!!!

I like the suggestion for F-smash using the cape. it could use the sword f-smash animation just with cape I front of the hand and a magic effect. Or if animation space is too tight maybe use the vanilla f-smash animation but he extends the elbow with an open palm (kinda like Wolf's f-smash) Or the f-tilt for sword mode with open palm.

Also magic mode up B is great and I like the lag on it to make it not so safe and punishable. but it should probably be longer as it is now I'm dying a lot just cause in constantly missing the ledge by a hair (same for sword mode since it ain't as good)

Nair is great but I think it should come out a little quicker so it would be more useful as a "get off me move".

Also I would add a little more range to the shock wave hitbox on down smash.

Everything else feels great! The down-B isn't as OP but it still great and everything feels so fluid and fun.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I only noticed that with sword's up-tilt, the gfx of vPM up-tilt still shows (electricity on his leg and the effect of the stomp on the ground).
Yes that wasn't suppose to be there, it's now fixed for next update.

I also got a suggestion for magic mode's f-smash; what about an attack with his cape? Sorta like a swing similar to what he does in OoT when you finally meet him at his castle. It could have decent knockback since his d-smash doesn't really help as a killer, and if possible, it'd be cool if it could reflect projectiles, just like Ness' bat can.
Yeah using the cape! This is the best suggestion I've heard for this, really digging it! I have some ideas on how to animate it.

When you say you fixed those things should I re-download v0.3? Or that's gonna be in 0.4?
Yeah will be on the next update. Although this next update should be soon as v0.3b

Sword mode Up-B is getting a rework, the issue was with turbo mode, where after hitting you can cancel out while in the middle of warping and causes problems such as invisible or wrong vertical momentum. Should get fixed before hitting v1.0

As for the new moves added such as N-Air, Up-B and Dash-A they still need a lot of tweaks so do criticize these more :D.

Nair is great but I think it should come out a little quicker so it would be more useful as a "get off me move".
It sure can use a frame or two faster startup.

Also magic mode up B is great and I like the lag on it to make it not so safe and punishable. but it should probably be longer as it is now I'm dying a lot just cause in constantly missing the ledge by a hair (same for sword mode since it ain't as good)
This was one I had a hard time adjusting, the end portion needs a bit more work.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
It feels like N-air is the hardest move to perform IMO since it has slow startup, it feels more slower than vanilla F-air.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
As for Neutral B Magic (just a thought), if he hits the target far away, it would knock towards him so ganondorf can pull off his aerial combo. Most of his magic moves on ground should put his opponent in the air so he can perform his powerful aerial combos.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Wow! Damn Ashingda! Every time I see one of your updates, he just looks better and better. Keep up the good work.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Sword Down-B air got a frozen pose when performing it on passable platform.
--o--
________

The o part is where ganondorf perform his Sword Down-B air and puts him in LandingD animation pose until someone strikes him.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Good catch, I've been able to experience it too. Will have to simplify the codes on that more.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
just curious, is it possible to switch out of the sword mode into regular or magic into regular?

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Idk why but I keep getting freezes with Sword Ganon. Regular and magic work fine but sword freezes. Any help?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The up-B on normal (fist) mode is really sped up on mine. Is this on purpose? I thought the normal stance was supposed to be vanilla PM.

Edit: wait is it really that fast on vPM?? I'm not 100% about the files on my SD card but I just removed this mod (I had some freezing :( ) and a grounded Ganon up-B is crazy fast..! I don't play Ganon that much so I don't know. Requires further testing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom