• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRANSLATION PLEASE: this article claims 48 char roster

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have a few issues with this newspaper leak. They might not be anything, but they bother me enough to post about it.

1) It does not say that "there are a little under two times as many characters." It says 48名で2倍以上となった。 Translation: There are 48 characters, which is over twice as many as in Melee. Which doesn't make sense because 48/2 < 25. It could be the case if PT is counted as multilple characters, but I don't know.

2) The blurb is written horizontally, from left to right and then up to down. Japanese newspapers tend to be written from up to down and then from right to left.

3) The large amount of white space around the text. Newspapers in any country do not like to waste this much space because it's costly.
You sir, are so much smarter than most of the people in this thread, and they should pay attention to what you've written very closely.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
well, the smash article doesn't look a thing like the article posted above...it looks like we might be able to chalk this one up to fake as well. All we really need is a copy of the newspaper to completely deconfirm it.

M.K

Level 55
So...I don't get why everyone is so pessimistic. Probably because of all the fake leaks we've been exposed to.

P.S. UNC LOST :crying:!!

Boofer

Smash Ace
You sir, are so much smarter than most of the people in this thread, and they should pay attention to what you've written very closely.
Are you insulting people that happen to not know Japanese? There's no way anybody that doesn't know Japanese could have known this (though I admit the amount of white space made me skeptical). But it's true that he makes some important points, and it really does make this whole thing look fake, unfortunately.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
it's 26 right now isn't it?
26 - All confirmed.
+ Falcon - 27
+ Ganondorf - 28
+ Falco - 29
+ Possible: Ness - 30
+ Possible: Y.Link - 31
+ Possible: Marth - 32
+ Possible: Roy - 33
+ Possible: MewTwo - 34
+ Possible: Mr.Game and Watch - 35
+ Possible/MOST LIKLEY: JigglyPuff - 36
+ Anticipaited: Lucario - 37
+ Luigi (99% confirmed.) - 38

Possibly 10 more.
To be honest, I think Sakurai is bringing back most if not all of the melee roster besides Doc and Pichu, and he wouldn't give away all the newcomers on the Dojo. The number is highly possible.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
^ Theres 25 confirmed now and I doubt al lthose are returning. (Roy/Mewtwo specifically)

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
This seems fishy, but I hope it's true. With 48 characters there's no way K. Rool's not in unless Sakurai hates him or something. :)

At first I thought, "No way there's 48, it's too good it can't be true." but with like 3 delays I think maybe we should get that much. But again, chances are it's fake.

raul

Smash Lord
26 - All confirmed.
+ Falcon - 27
+ Ganondorf - 28
+ Falco - 29

Possibly 10 more.
To be honest, I think Sakurai is bringing back most if not all of the melee roster besides Doc and Pichu, and he wouldn't give away all the newcomers on the Dojo. The number is highly possible.
I think the only people on that list that are coming back are Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, Marth and Game and Watch. Every one else is up in the air.

I do agree with you that is all those characters come back then 48 is reasonable, but thats a big IF.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they consider Sheik, ZSS, and the 3 Pokémon as add on to the character? IDK, just thinking. Or maybe they don't consider Sheik and ZSS "real" characters? :confused:

Regardless, anyone who wouldn't be pleaased with 48 characters is a ******.
Well if it does say there were 25 in the first then it's not counting trans

robo_peng

Smash Rookie
So...I don't get why everyone is so pessimistic. Probably because of all the fake leaks we've been exposed to.

P.S. UNC LOST :crying:!!
Ya i'm trying to be optimistic but its hard. If it is true at least we can stay busy with speculation

P.S. UMD won:laugh:!!!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I think the only people on that list that are coming back are Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, Marth and Game and Watch. Every one else is up in the air.

I do agree with you that is all those characters come back then 48 is reasonable, but thats a big IF.
I'm taking it you auto included Falcon?
He's basically confirmed, the Red Alloy in the brawl movie preforms the knee.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
It's a blatant fake. If I knew Japanese I could have made a more convincing mock-up. Although 48 isn't to extrodinary. I would expect 30+ characters, for definite.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
26 - All confirmed.
+ Falcon - 27
+ Ganondorf - 28
+ Falco - 29

Possibly 10 more.
So you think Lucario is more likely than Ridley? XD

FAILURE.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Japanese newspapers do vertical, not horizontal.

Pretty sure this is fake, but 48 characters would be awesome with me.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look fake to me, it's already translated on brawlcentral.com btw. It's only a matter of finding out whether it's fake or not. 48 characters seems lke a good amount to me, but we'll have to wait and see if this is real >_>.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Well.. Lucario IS more likely to take a spot then Ridley..

Pokemon is more known, if you compare to Metroid..
Yea but metroid isn't that far below from pokemon to have only one rep..
It makes more sense to give metroid 2 more reps if kirby gets three total plus like 3 ATs..

-2 metroid characters
-2 metroid stages
-1 metroid item
-1 metroid AT

compared to

-3 Pokemon characters (jiggly's already confirmed through an interview and through the pre-order pages of different websites)
-about 25-30 pokeball pokemon (basically 25-30 ATs and 1 item)
-1 pokemon stage

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
So you think Lucario is more likely than Ridley? XD

FAILURE.
If Ridley is in brawl, I'll eat my game disc.
Also Pokemon is a lot more known than Metroid, hell Japan hate Metroid because it's a FPS. Notice how the XBOX360 declined in Japan because 98% of it's good games are FPS?

Ridley is massive, Unless they shrink him down I can't see him being in Brawl.

i've heard about this video, but haven't found it. can someone give me the link?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N2fa.gvDMExo - REMOVE THE . between A AND G... Stupid CENSOR!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Considering Lucario is all but confirmed and Ridley is *not*, I'd say everyone on Smashboards would agree that Lucario is more likely.
Well.. Lucario IS more likely to take a spot then Ridley..

Pokemon is more known, if you compare to Metroid..
If Ridley is in brawl, I'll eat my game disc.
Also Pokemon is a lot more known than Metroid, hell Japan hate Metroid because it's a FPS. Notice how the XBOX360 declined in Japan because 98% of it's good games are FPS?

Ridley is massive, Unless they shrink him down I can't see him being in Brawl.
Are you ****ing joking? You obviously no nothing about what your talking about.

Now then I suggested all of you read this hopefully that will cure you of your ignorance.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to ask, why are some people shocked at the amount? This is actually a good amount for a Smash game. Hell Marvel VS Capcom 2 had 55 characters. :cool:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
because of the fact that there will be about double the amount of characters there were in melee. 48 isn't that bad if I consider the characters that are already in though now that I think of it.

NotGiratina

Smash Apprentice
"If Ridley is in brawl, I'll eat my game disc.

Ridley is massive, Unless they shrink him down I can't see him being in Brawl."

Have you ever heard of a GLOBAL MARKET!Metroid is moderately sucessful worldwide,so this "Japan hates Metroid" claim is a load of bunk in the grander scheme.T_T

Top Bottom