• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRANSLATION PLEASE: this article claims 48 char roster

Zek

Smash Ace
lol. Lucario is much more likely than Ridley. If you disagree with that then your Ridley fanboyism is clouding your judgment.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Ridley is in brawl, I'll eat my game disc.
Also Pokemon is a lot more known than Metroid, hell Japan hate Metroid because it's a FPS. Notice how the XBOX360 declined in Japan because 98% of it's good games are FPS?

Ridley is massive, Unless they shrink him down I can't see him being in Brawl.
I don't usually reply to trolls, but this is some pretty ignorant misinformation. Yes, Pokemon is more popular in Japan than Metroid, and the Metroid series as a whole is not nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the US. But despite this, explain how on the Japan-exclusive character poll, Ridley was one of the most requested characters? Also, the Metroid series is not part of the FPS genre. Only the Metroid Prime games even use first-person perspective, and they're still adventure games, by definition (FPA, if you will).

And if Ridley being too large is your only argument for his exclusion from Brawl, you're standing on some shaky ground since all characters are resized to be around the same size in Smash. Kirby and Olimar are far larger than they are in their respective games, and Bowser is much smaller. The idea is that you're playing with trophies of the characters, not the characters themselves.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
because of the fact that there will be about double the amount of characters there were in melee. 48 isn't that bad if I consider the characters that are already in though now that I think of it.
I can understand that, still some act like this in an impossibility or something. Just pointing out that 48 is a good amount for this game to have.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Hey, lets not start up the Ridley arguments again please. It could end up locking this thread. Please.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
What's funny is when something comes along that a user(s) don't agree with, it's a blatant fake.
"48 character, QFT, I don't expect that much anyways, this will be a total failure"

Does everything and anything HAVE to live up to everybodies expectations, because that's not nearly possible.

I think it looks legitimate, those GameFaqs hoaxes and fakes have got you used to fakes.
And when the actual comes around, you'll start to complain as well.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol. Lucario is much more likely than Ridley. If you disagree with that then your Ridley fanboyism is clouding your judgment.
I play pokemon diamond a LOT of hours a day, and I don't care for ridely, but I still think ridley will make it in over lucario.

Don't just assume..

I'd actually rather see dark samus in than Ridley, and see Ridley as a SSE boss, which he'd probably be

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
No if you think Ridley isnt more likely than Lucario then you just an ignorant nub who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Zek

Smash Ace
Ridley definitely has a chance. I just think Lucario has a very, very good chance.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
"If Ridley is in brawl, I'll eat my game disc.
Also Pokemon is a lot more known than Metroid, hell Japan hate Metroid because it's a FPS. Notice how the XBOX360 declined in Japan because 98% of it's good games are FPS?

Ridley is massive, Unless they shrink him down I can't see him being in Brawl."

Have you ever heard of a GLOBAL MARKET!Metroid is moderately sucessful worldwide,so this "Japan hates Metroid" claim is a load of bunk in the grander scheme.T_T
If your going to qoute someone, do it correctly.
Also: From Pokemon to FPS in the second and third line was me just blabbering on, Nice job making yourself look like an *******. *Clap*

And if Ridley being too large is your only argument for his exclusion from Brawl, you're standing on some shaky ground since all characters are resized to be around the same size in Smash. Kirby
This was the only part worth replying to.
It's not, I don't like nor care for Metroid games, I just can't see Ridley being in brawl.
If he is, then Ok I don't care. Just wait until the release to find out and come back and laugh or cry.

Also troll? I'm simply replying to people whom Quoted me with my Opinions. Hence what a Forum is for, Discussing Topics. Try Some Moar.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
If your going to qoute someone, do it correctly.
Also: From Pokemon to FPS in the second and third line was me just blabbering on, Nice job making yourself look like an *******. *Clap*
Ha ha ha ha you ****ing *******, seriously you get owned by someone else and all you have against them is that they don't quote properly and you were blabbering on, then you call them an ass?

Ha ha ha ha GTFO you troll.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
@MotsalogeL
I'd reply properly but the Boards are lagging due to half of /v/ being here for Whobby information so I'll make it short.
Originally this was just an example post of what a possible roster could have looked like to make it 48 characters long, on topic with this all. And your comment "FAILURE" At the end of it was quoted and you snapped about it? LOL. Then you get involved in someones discussion with someone else? Niceeee.

If you want to settle this , I'll play you at Brawl. But until then I'm just going to leave it and not even bother insulting you, As it could result in both of being banned for spam. Until then alright?

On Topic: The only way to find out if this is fake or not is to find it's origin, Which is not GameSpot/GameFaqs (Same company/Site/Host.) as the first post says. Find the person who found the articile, which is probably a GameFaqs Troll knowing them, and you'll know if it's real or not.

All on all: Leave it for now with all of your biccoring, PM me if you wanna yell some more instead of spamming it before we get infractions.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley and Lucario both should be in Brawl
I don't really care about Lucario (unless he replaces Mewtwo, which would not make me happy at all), but he isn't anywhere as important as Ridley to his own series. Saying he's more likely is silly.

melavio

Smash Rookie
It'd be nice if the article turned out to be real and there is 48 characters in Brawl (46 if you count Samus/Zero Suit and Zelda/Shiek as one character each). With the size and scope that the game seems to portray with each Dojo update, it may not be far from the truth. Who'll be brought in as new? I'll wait and see.

Also, it's entirely plausible for Ridley to be in Smash Bros. Personally, I always took the Samus vs Smaller Ridley fight (in the Melee intro movie) as a sign that Ridley was being considered for Melee, but they opted not to put him in. With an expanded roster, it is possible for his inclusion.

Lucario too, but there's, presumably, more than one spot open for characters that haven't been in Smash Bros before.

Edit: Oh well. A fake's a fake. I still think that there will probably be 40+ characters to choose from (again, the size and scope of this game seem almost insurmountable, so it'd make sense to have a large roster for a large game.) If the DBZ BT series can get over 150+ characters a game, I think we can reasonably expect at least 40 from Brawl.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The more the merrier, as long as they're all well balanced im ok with it.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
THIS DIDNT ORIGINATE ON GAMEFAQS. SOMEONE TOOK IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE

*Epic facepalm*

And I like how people bash Gamefaqs users when a good number of users here are worse

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It's not, I don't like nor care for Metroid games, I just can't see Ridley being in brawl.
And I can't see him not making it in. He has importance and popularity at his beck and call, and I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be in Melee. If you look at the trophy model, it's clearly an unfinished design.
To put it simply, Ridley is a total shoe-in. Meanwhile Lucario has to compete with the ever growing amount of pokemon reps that may win a roster spot, and despite popularity he isn't much more important than other pokemon which have already been hit by the AT bat.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I have nothing against Ridley, in fact I support him, seeing as we need more heavyweights and villains, but there's one huge flaw in my mind, I can't see him doing.

His SSE is my only concern. From what we've seen SSE is you working in a tag team for the most part, to help down enemies. It is completely out of Ridley's nature to help others, let alone for a good cause. I couldn't even see him ironing out a pact with Bowser or something of the sort; it's just not like him.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
THIS DIDNT ORIGINATE ON GAMEFAQS. SOMEONE TOOK IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE

*Epic facepalm*

And I like how people bash Gamefaqs users when a good number of users here are worse
We bash Gamefaqs people because the majority of the rumor bulls*** comes from there. We don't start that crap on Smashboards.

@ Machspeed

Ridley is a villain in Metroid, so he would be a villain in SSE. It's that simple. Bowser and Wario are villains and they also seem to be villains in SSE with their trophy gun thing. Ridley could be similar.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I have nothing against Ridley, in fact I support him, seeing as we need more heavyweights and villains, but there's one huge flaw in my mind, I can't see him doing.

His SSE is my only concern. From what we've seen SSE is you working in a tag team for the most part, to help down enemies. It is completely out of Ridley's nature to help others, let alone for a good cause. I couldn't even see him ironing out a pact with Bowser or something of the sort; it's just not like him.
Bowser and Wario are on the bad side, he could easily be on that side too, along with Dedede and metaknight

And for some random in this post: wouldn't it be awesome if Sakurai made an SSE storyline with Bowser, Peach, Mario, Luigi all working together (*cough*papermarioforthewii*cough*)

Reyairia

Smash Champion

You could say the same for Ganondorf, and I really doubt he'd be prevented from returning. 'Sides, it's not as if the game is canon material anyway, and we don't know much about Ridley to begin with unless you count the manga.

your hero said:
And for some random in this post: wouldn't it be awesome if Sakurai made an SSE storyline with Bowser, Peach, Mario, Luigi all working together (*cough*papermarioforthewii*cough*)
I'd think that would rock.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well.. Lucario IS more likely to take a spot then Ridley..

Pokemon is more known, if you compare to Metroid..
Lucario has no interest. Ridley has a 4 on the poll verses Lucario's 0. There isn't much backing for him.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Also Wikipedia doesn't disprove nothing... All it says is the guys working on the Wiki believe it, and copied and pasted.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Its fake, I just went to the Oita Godo Shimbun website <http://www.oita-press.co.jp/> (see: <http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/japan.htm>) and performed a search, there is no article on Brawl. Sorry to rain on your parade but this is a genuine fake, the information may be correct through sheer dumb luck, but the information is a forgery.
This doesn't disprove it completly, newspapers don't always put every single article in their pages up online, you know. I mean, they still want people to buy the actual paper.

Top Bottom