• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRANSLATION PLEASE: this article claims 48 char roster

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know but the second paragraph is about MOTHER 3.

larrythegamemaster

Smash Rookie
I've seen that on other places than gamefaqs. I was actually about to make a topic about this, but my internet crapped out on me.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Hmm something something DARK SIDE something something COMPLETE!

Yes I completely understand this!

Well I look forward to translations, but YES, there is indeed a big bold 48. Whatever could it mean?!

-- Andy

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
48 characters in the game and Ness of all characters is forced to get the boot? I don't buy it.

-SynikaL

Eszett

Smash Cadet
That image is incredibly grainy. Is there any way someone could apply a sharpen filter? I don't know Japanese, but as it stands now the characters seem indiscernible to me.

amost

Smash Apprentice
it does indeed say that DX had 25 chars, and this time, at 48 chars, it's almost 2 x as many.

amost

Smash Apprentice
But honestly, it looks like some japanese person faked a newspaper article... it looks like someone just wrote it and printed it out like that. We can hardly take this as fact.

amost

Smash Apprentice
There is also a 25... that could refer to all of the characters that we already have or something else?
No. it says melee had 25 chars, and Brawl (at 48 chars) has about 2x that of melee.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Like another poster said, this will be an interesing read but it can hardly be taken too seriously.

Someone could have easily printed that and took a picture of it.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Unless we know the alleged source the writ is useless and could be printed by anyone. Also, I don't see anything but white surrounding the text - what kind of an article is that?

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I have taken two whole years of Japanese, and have done some independent studies of the language. First of all, it's pretty dang small, and most of the kanji is pretty indistinguishable, which is a good sign that it is fake, just like the doctored coro coro zelda moveset card thing. But anyway, all i could make out is that a lot of it is just about snake, and it describes what he does in the game? i think. but yea, the rest is kinda hard to read, and I didn't see any numbers, except at the end, but it says shi no hon nani, which is a question about having 4 something, but probably not characters. Also it talks about lucas mostly after snake saying (the gameboy advaced's mother 3 charater will make an appearance). But yea that's all i could make out, looks like old news to me.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Seems a bit hard to read... I saw 25 and 48 in there, which could very well mean that there were 25 characters for Melee and 48 for Brawl.

Oh, I wish at times like these, I could polish my Japanese and read better...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, what publication is this again? Did some Japanese kid just print off some text that says there is a 48 character roster?

Mods, can we please get this moved to the "Obviously Fake Leaks" subforum?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ok, here's what we got of the translations so far. This isn't the exact translation. Since the person just did the Ness article and this is long, he's just summarizing it for me.:

48 charactrers are supposedly going to be in the game, which is nearly twice as much as the Melee. Of course, the older characters have had their models updated.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys don't worry too much about this.

I just read it and can summarize for you what it says.

The top paragraph simply says that compared to Melee's 25 character roster, this time around Brawl will have 48 characters, nearly twice as much as Melee.

The next paragraph talks about Snake being included in the game and how it's sort of a crossover in fighting from a different series and not just Nintendo. But it mentions he was in a similar crossover fighting game a while ago called Dream

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
.Yoshi says nothign ew is in there. It's a boring read except for the 48 characters thing. We don't know if the image is real though.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
hmmm, it would help if we ad a source for this. I remember Snake being in a game like that though, it also had Optimus Prime LOL

I am being completely serious btw

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys don't worry too much about this.

I just read it and can summarize for you what it says.

The top paragraph simply says that compared to Melee's 25 character roster, this time around Brawl will have 48 characters, nearly twice as much as Melee.

The next paragraph talks about Snake being included in the game and how it's sort of a crossover in fighting from a different series and not just Nintendo. But it mentions he was in a similar crossover fighting game a while ago called Dream Mix TV World Fighters. Then it mentions Sonic and how he's also in a Nintendo/Mario game (Olympics). And Lucas is mentioned as he was going to be in Melee, but because the game didnt come out for the GBA in time, he wasn't in Melee.

Top Bottom